PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Minneapolis and Orlando

mclancey
02-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Travelling to Minneapolis next week for work and I wonder if anyone had any recommendations for places to eat there.

The next week I'm travelling to Orlando (for work again) and I wonder if anyone had any recommendations for places to eat there. I'm not looking for places on Disney property. ((Been to to most of those already))

Thanks.

jimmyinsd
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
if you are looking for a good steak i have heard many good reports on manny's in minny.

there are several brethren from the twin cities, i will see if one of them can get you more information.

mclancey
02-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks, I'll check out Manny's. At Famous Dave's now in Minn. a lot better than the famous Dave's at home.

jimmyinsd
02-27-2012, 10:41 PM
sorry my guy didnt get back too you. he must be busy at work these days now that the housing market is coming back around. another that i ate at and enjoyed was the fireside, (i think i was in eden praire but not sure). there used to be a wicked good chinese restaurant down there called the nan-kin but i was just a kid when i ate there last 30 years ago. also make sure that you look for the "real" juicy lucy. a couple thousand calories later you can thank me and decide for yourself who created it.

Triple T BBQ
03-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Check out the dickey's bbq franchises that are now in MN. Much better than famous daves in mn opinion. Manny's is very high priced for steaks. You can get the same thing at pittsburg blue for half the price. If you want to spend real money for a steak, instead of Manny's just go to the capital grill and get a better steak for the money. My personal favorite place in Mpls for steak is the "The Strip Club". Fun name but its really just a nice tiny little steak house on the east side of Mpls.

Pyle's BBQ
03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
You guys missed two of the icons. The 5-8 Club and Matt's. Both serve the Juicy or Jucy Lucy. I have not been to Matt's, but the ones at 5-8 Club are good. Both are on Cedar Ave within a couple of miles of each other.

Edit. Saw that jimmy did mention this. This just gives you better direction.