PDA

View Full Version : Business Start Up

rockytopsmokies
02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Guys-

I have been cooking for individuals and parties for a couple of years now. However, demand is through the roof and now I am dealing with possible catering agreements with businesses in our area. My question is with starting my official business, where do I start? Do I set up as an LLC? What kind of issues will I face with the health departments, etc? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jeffc
02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
My advice is to start with a solid buisness plan. With any start up regardless of domain a business plan will uncover if you can actually make any money. Money meaning fully burdened with realistic sales figures, cash flow etc.. It doesn't cost anything, other than time, to see if the numbers work and if it is sustainable. A solid plan is or at least should be the first step in any concept!
Just my 2 cents of course :grin:

HBMTN
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
1st talk to the health dept to see what the requirements are. Next call your attorney and accountant and ask them your best options for setting up the business. Next get with local government and see about business licenses and requirements. Then talk to your insurance agent.

The answers to these questions will give you what you need, it is hard for us to answer because the laws will be much different depending on where you are. Be prepared to spend 10k - 40k to get started. If you want it go for it, I did three years ago and I Love it!