PDA

View Full Version : Judging Sam's Club events

Gadragonfly
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
We didn't judge the Sam's Club events last year. The event in Tampa, FL is a week and two days away. Last year did someone contact the judges that were confirmed for the events to give them a schedule or any information? I'm just wondering if I need to be on the outlook for an email or just show up? Thanks, Julie

Ford
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm cooking it and still have not heard from anybody. Plan to be there at 8 am Friday as that was the time last year. Don't know who the organizer is but they are falling down on the job in my opinion.

With only 1)7 teams so far I think there may be some disappointed judges. As you're driving down from GA I suggest you call the KCBS office to make sure you are needed.

Pig Headed
02-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I would think they would have opened up regestration to all teams for events that weren't full within 2 weeks of the date just to fill them up. Oh well, so much for that.

Gadragonfly
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm cooking it and still have not heard from anybody. Plan to be there at 8 am Friday as that was the time last year. Don't know who the organizer is but they are falling down on the job in my opinion.

With only 1)7 teams so far I think there may be some disappointed judges. As you're driving down from GA I suggest you call the KCBS office to make sure you are needed.

I believe they only accepted the number of judges that they had teams and on that day there were only 16 teams that had registered. As of today there are 18 teams so unless they cancel the event we should be needed. I did call one day last week to ask if there is any chance that the event would be cancelled. That question didn't go over well.

We decided to fly to Tampa so we'll be there regardless. It would just be nice to have some form of confirmation.

Julie

mobow
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Last year we did get info. But it was pretty close to the week of the event with nothing before hand. good luck. keith