PDA

View Full Version : Concession Plan in motion

Jeffc
01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Hello I wanted to share my plans and potentially gather some lessons learned for you concession/vending veterans. Here is where I am

1. Business Plan pretty much done, but when is it really should be a living document. Need a bit more work on the marketing plan, have it in my head but need to get down on paper.
2. Have contacted HD and reviewed all the trailer requirements and they have been very helpful.
3. Talked with City and County lics and permits, will submit once LLC formed.
4. Attorney finalizing the LLC
5. My Accountant is on board and waiting LLC completion to do his submissions.
6. WWW site registered and slowly coming together

In process
1. I am not required to be servsafe certified but there is a class being held in two weeks so I signed up and already studying. This can only be a good thing.
2. Researching trailer vendors
3. Researching cookers

So the biggest capital investment is the trailer and this is where I could use some of our considerations

The menu is based on PP, Brisket, Chicken, sausage and the usual sides and daily specials such as ABT's Fatty sliders ribs etc....

As far as NSF appliances I am still nailing down what I want/need but fridge. freezer, fryer, oven,, holding oven and flat top. Not sure what is the best in regards to holding the pulled pork, sliced brisket if I should do this with a hot hold prep station or what.

So a few questions
1) what do you guys do for the PP and brisket I envision having full butts and briskets resting in the holding oven.
2) How do you guys deal with ice and drinks? just a cooler, this is allowed here with proper handling. I do plan on having sweet tea and fresh squeezed lemonade that I will need to serve up.
3) Do you use a point of sale system on board, sure make sense in my mind. If so what do you use?

As always open to general discussion on this and would love to hear from some of you seasoned folks out there!

Jeff

HBMTN
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
1) what do you guys do for the PP and brisket I envision having full butts and briskets resting in the holding oven.

I use Cambro's and my smoker for hot holding. Unless you are buying a huge trailer space for a oven may be tight. Also ovens use a gas and electricity, gas expensive and electricity could be a lack of with ac units and hot water tanks etc.

2) How do you guys deal with ice and drinks? just a cooler, this is allowed here with proper handling. I do plan on having sweet tea and fresh squeezed lemonade that I will need to serve up.

I do canned soda's and bottled water and keep them in a cooler outside by the trailer and let people get their own from the cooler. With sweet tea and lemonade I would have to have more room in my trailer, buy cups, lids and straws along with make it. In a 7' x 16' trailer I don't have room

3) Do you use a point of sale system on board, sure make sense in my mind. If so what do you use?

I use a cash register that cost about $200 and does a great job.

OldPatriot
02-02-2012, 11:50 PM
i will be following this thread closely - i am not quite as far along as you are but am working to put a trailer together. I can contribute some info about payments - there are a few companies that offer a service that works with iPads and iPhones - https://www.iphonemerchants.com/ - if you want to accept plastic - I think the payment costs 2.5% of the transaction and the two people around here using this kind of system just tack it on to the bill - personally, i don't mind paying it as it is easier than hunting up a cash machine.

Cheers!

Jeffc
02-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have a list of trailer requirements that they used for their trailer build? I am finalizing mine and would be good to check against another to make sure all the bases are covered. Will be sending out to vendors for quotes.
Thanks Jeff

Pyle's BBQ
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have a list of trailer requirements that they used for their trailer build? I am finalizing mine and would be good to check against another to make sure all the bases are covered. Will be sending out to vendors for quotes.
Thanks Jeff

Who does your Health/Food inspection. Is it the county or the state? Go to the State of Iowa Inspections and Appeals web site the have a list of requirements for vending trailer. Most builder already know the requirements and can give you a price with what ever options you would want. Here is the number for the Food Safety department in Des Moines. 515/281-6538. They should be able to answer any questions you have.

Jeffc
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks I have that aspect covered, our county HD has been pretty helpful. I should have been clearer. I was thinking more of general design build requirements such as exterior materials, axles, gen packages etc.. I guess my engeenring background is taking over :). But you are right making the gov is priority one!

HBMTN
02-03-2012, 03:09 PM
My next one will have 50amp service, outlets everywhere inside and out, even inside the lower cabinets for hot water tank and pump hook ups. Minimum 50 freash water supply, outside lighting so I can see all arounf it at night, on board Honda power inverter generator.

You will definaltly want ac and heat if you live in the climates to use them. There is more but this is what I can think of right off hand. Give extremebbqtrailer.com a call they are here on the brethren somewhere and make some nice trailers from what I have seen.

Jeffc
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
My next one will have 50amp service, outlets everywhere inside and out, even inside the lower cabinets for hot water tank and pump hook ups. Minimum 50 freash water supply, outside lighting so I can see all arounf it at night, on board Honda power inverter generator.

You will definaltly want ac and heat if you live in the climates to use them. There is more but this is what I can think of right off hand. Give extremebbqtrailer.com a call they are here on the brethren somewhere and make some nice trailers from what I have seen.

I rang him the otherday but no answer, will give him a call back. I have been talking to an outfit down in Florida and another in des moines. The place In fl does really top notch work and hoping we can come together on price I really need to get some one on contract next week and as soon as the LLC is approved by the state. I am hoping to keep the trailer around 30 ft with the porch this leaves around 22 foot for the kitchen should workout given some of the floorplans I have seen. And a big 10-4 on hvac!

kurtsara
02-04-2012, 12:56 AM
I rang him the otherday but no answer, will give him a call back. I have been talking to an outfit down in Florida and another in des moines. The place In fl does really top notch work and hoping we can come together on price I really need to get some one on contract next week and as soon as the LLC is approved by the state. I am hoping to keep the trailer around 30 ft with the porch this leaves around 22 foot for the kitchen should workout given some of the floorplans I have seen. And a big 10-4 on hvac!

Lampi equipment in Annandale Mn builds vending trailer also, we are happy with ours

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/dsc03907d.jpg

kurtsara
02-04-2012, 08:49 AM
I couldn't post the pic on the Ipad

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7933/dsc03905p.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/dsc03905p.jpg/)

Trucky1008
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I had James at Extreme BBQ Trailers build mine and I've been very happy with it. It's an 8.5 X 22'. James will custom build to any floor plan you have. Here's a few pics of mine. I've since added metal railings on the back deck and travel with both FEC's on the deck.

Before I had decals put on
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7023/6817491641_c010228aa0_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7173/6817518861_b9f42144da_z.jpg

BigBellyBBQ
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
you have a great plan coming together, one thing I spotted was such a large menu, with drinks and specials, so how big a trailer are you planning on? Space gets eaten up real quick, and then you have to think about staff and how far will you travel from home base with the supplies and such..The hardest thing I found was helpers on the road...craigs list does help, but just for basic clean up. good luck and get you trailer ordered asap as they take a few months..

Jeffc
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks Fellas. The menu listed is more ultimate to help capture the kitchen requirements. And will provide a subset on a day to day basis. As far as the trailer I just sent back some questions to one of the vendors on there proposal. right now we are looking at a 8.6 x 26 ft rig with the Ole Hickory EL IB on the back porch coming through the wall. I am pushing to get it on contract by weeks end

Jeffc
02-11-2012, 08:01 AM
What a week! After wasting a few days with a builder in fl I have requested 4 proposals from 4 great manufacturers. The positive is i did learn quite about trailers/mobile kitchens from them. I have one bid in and the other three will be here by Monday and will hold phone BAFO interviews on Tuesday. Advice make sure you go into the bid process with a good RFP. The first outfit I was dealing with we're definetly shady, not to say they wouldn't have delivered but they weren't playing as they should have. I rcvd their bid and I fired back a bunch of questions and he wanted to address verbally and of course I wanted in writing. I was getting a bad feeling so I created the requirements doc including a rough floor plan. Then sent out to the second batch of folks including the first guys, and yep never heard back from the first folks. The other four I have had good dialog discussing my requirements. Of course the first bid I rcvd is higher than I hoped and nearly 15k higher than the first guys.

Been researching POS systems and working with a sign company to get my logo ready for the trailer. Oh yes will be sending the down payment to Ole Hickory for my cooker on Monday. I decided on the EL IB, but of course while laying in bed last night second guessing and wondering if I should go up another step to the EW.

Cheers Jeff

Jeffc
02-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey fellas any thoughts on this type of window? It is different but like have the menu boards like this.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/jeffcjeffc/5028686a.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/jeffcjeffc/771ee1ea.jpg

JimmyDAL
02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
looking @ that trailerit looks to me like there's alot of weight on the tail. Menu boards are great, although mine are dif. and should have some cover over the window, IMO.

JimmyDAL
02-11-2012, 11:09 AM
sorry, just saw the awning, which poses a liability issue.

Jeffc
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks liability in what regards? This info I can use :)

Jeffc
02-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Well I finally selected a trailer manufacturer! They weren't the cheapest or the most expensive. Here are the main highlights

26x8.5
24 " reach in fridge and freezer
Full sized hot hold cabinet
Steam table
24" griddle and range
40lb fryer
Hood and fire suppression
10k LP gen package
Sink40 gal fresh and 50 gal grey water
Ole hickory EL IB built in through back porch.

I have a few days to get other items installed I may not have thought of so looking for your thoughts. anything you wish you would have done after the fact?

I am thinking of adding a RV awning
And exterior lights
Maybe speakers or at least wires to the exterior

Thanks Jeff

kurtsara
02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Do you need fire suppression in Iowa?

Jeffc
02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Not required here but seemed like a no brainer at this point but it is kind of pricey. I am somewhat pioneering this in the area so going all out to make the HD and fire marshal happy. I have also heard more an more events are requiring and didnt want that to get in the way. One event that requires it I can make back the cost versus not being able to attend.
Jeff

Servesafe isn't required either but doing that as well.

BigBellyBBQ
02-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Do you need fire suppression in Iowa?
without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..

Jeffc
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?

kurtsara
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..

I install fire sprinkler in buildings so I am always looking at trailers when we vend or go to an event where vendors are and I have never seen a trailer with fire protection in the hood yet, so it is not so common here.

Jeffc
02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Thats cool but I got it

BigBellyBBQ
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?
new york state the land of taxes and permits..the contracts this year have been asking for a certificate of 1 to 1.5 mil...EXCEPT the app I sent into for an event in a NY State park, they wanted 2 mil and for them to be listed as event holder and to be released of liability...but the cost for the extra coverage is not that bad...

Jeffc
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
I will go with at least 1M and see what the diff is to go higher.

Jeffc
02-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Received my first go at the CAD drawings from the manufacturer today. The drawings look good a few small items that we are discussing. Sent to the HD and hope to get there comments early next week. I will toss up some pics so you can take a look!

Jeffc
02-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Wanted to share the first round of drawings, there are changes in the works already

Side elevations
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/jeffcjeffc/Side.jpg
Front back
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/jeffcjeffc/backfront.jpg
Floor plan
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/jeffcjeffc/Image4.jpg

As always comments welcome
Jeff

BigBellyBBQ
02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
looking good, make up a a 2 pc counter top that goes on top of your sinks, as counter top space WILL be a preminium and you dont always need sink area..also preview of meat holding area for serving..
also be sure to get the HEAVIEST axles available..

Jeffc
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
..also preview of meat holding area for serving..

not sure I understand this?

But as far as the sink cover I have the factory doing a one piece....Doa! Two piece makes so much more sense! Added to the list! As far as the axles, not sure they are the biggest but we have 2 7500 dexter axles going in should cover it, if not I have bigger issues :)

Jeffc
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Just a quick update and reaching out for advise on vehicle wraps. My trailer will be here the first week of April. I am talking with vehicle wrap folks which I have no experience with. What should I ask these guys? I am betting not all wrap is the same!!!!

Jeffc
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I haven't posted here in a little while so here are the latest pics! Trailer will be here next week

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/260004640x480.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/260005480x640.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/260006480x640.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/260007640x480.jpg

Cheers

fingerlickin'
03-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Those pictures look great Jeff, you must be pumped!

Jeffc
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks Jason! The planning upfront work has been daunting, still have just a couple of loose ends to tie up, but man I am ready to get going!

Jeffc
04-05-2012, 12:29 AM
My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!

The Cosmic Pig
04-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Man, you don't play! Nice, nice NICE trailer! The best of luck to you on your new venture! :thumb:

Big_Alvin
04-05-2012, 08:59 AM
beautiful trailer Jeff, best of luck with the plans. you're living my dream. i've got some saving and planning to do - still a few years away (10 anyway till retirement) and that's what i'd like to do at that point. i'll be following your post. good luck....Al

Grizmt
04-05-2012, 09:36 AM
My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!
Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.:sad:

Jeffc
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.:sad:

I hear yea, I talked to the DOT already and that is not exactly what they told me. the 2 big numbers I was told is 1) truck GVWR over 10001Lbs requires DOT. This of course includes tongue wt which I wll be fine. Second is GCWR over 26K. I know each state is different and at least this summer I am staying close to home :)

Jeffc
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Ok some trailer pron!
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2412.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2424.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2423.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2422.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2421.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2420.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2419.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2418.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2417.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2416.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2415.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2414.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/qdogsbbq/IMG_2413.jpg

Let the games begin!

Just Pulin' Pork
04-05-2012, 03:34 PM
That is a freaking awesome looking rig! Thanks for sharing!

Jeffc
04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks man! I love the electric tongue, glad I added that.
Cheers

Grizmt
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
The only thing missing is a Sat antenna!:clap2:

HBMTN
04-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I have a hard time trying to get in places with my 7x16ft trailer. That monster could be tight getting into some of the places I go but all that room inside sure would be NICE!!!

Jeffc
04-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Ha my son wanted my to put a dtv dish on it LOL

Fired up the trailer yesterday! The generator is not to loud, was a bit concerned, even though the specs were good. Also the hood fan you can't hear at all which is a good thing. Going to fire up and season the cooker today!

Jeffc
04-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Well I passed my HD inspection with flying colors! The gal is real nice and helpful. However she did mention something that was wrong to me.

Towards the end she goes you need to buy all prechopped produce cause you can't use your 3 compartment sink. I said really I thought I had read I could. She says nope it is for warewashing only . I say ok wasn't planning on it any way, knowing for a fact I can. The servesafe class addressed it. Still not 100% sure I was right I looked it up in the Iowa food code and it states I can use for produce rinsing and meat thawing as long as the proper cleaning and sanitation is preformed before and after.

Not sure how to nicely prove her wrong as I do want to wash potatoes for fries and potatoe salad. Suggestions?

Bbq Bubba
04-14-2012, 11:58 AM
You can try but you'll lose.

Do you have a air gap installed before your main drain? If not, thats whay you cannot use it for produce or rinsing any food. Bacteria from food that goes down the drain can work its way back up into your sinks.

I just saved you a bitch slappin. :)

Jeffc
04-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Spot on! Just did some more searching and our code has been amended to include an air break on all culinary sinks or sinks used to wash linens (previously allowed). So this begs the question can't I add one? I see some drain air gaps online that look to be easily installed on the main drain. The code speaks more to siphoning vs bacteria growth

Bbq Bubba
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Spot on! Just did some more searching and our code has been amended to include an air break on all culinary sinks or sinks used to wash linens (previously allowed). So this begs the question can't I add one? I see some drain air gaps online that look to be easily installed on the main drain. The code speaks more to siphoning vs bacteria growth

Absolutely! As long as you can get a 6" gap somewhere in the drain system you should be good for a reinspection.

Hard to see mine but i just seperated the drain and ran it into a large reducer.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5651/trailer013.jpg
By imn88fan (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/imn88fan) at 2009-11-11

PCDoctor_1979
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
There's a simpler answer that works for the Iowa HD. Get a plastic tub and mark it "Veggie Wash Only". You can fill that with water out of your triple sink, rinse off your produce, and pour the water down the wash basin when finished. Much simpler than messing with the plumbing.

Jeffc
04-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Interesting angle and thanks for the info. I am going to call my HD gal on Monday and figure this out! She is young and has a real good attitude...give her a few years and she will be what we all sterotype the health inspector to be.

Jeffc
04-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Wow...just got done ahhh havin a cocktail an trying to figure out my new POS, quite an adventure! I have never used a cash reg in my life! Actually pretty intuitive and my training is set for next week. But really

Just wanted to share this. I have been very blessed in my carreer and a good opportunity arose, and earned every bit of it! But good god what the hell have I done! This has been way more work than owning a successful tech company :). But you know what?, loving every bit of it! And thanks to everyone here for the priceless info!
Cheers Jeff

Jeffc
04-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Oh yea one more thing.... I am pulling this beast over to the SAMs club in DSM after a night of vending so don't freaking laugh! May bring the smaller rig but that takes way more work.

PCDoctor_1979
04-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Where you vending somewhere in Central Iowa last night? Hell of a night for your first outing!

Jeffc
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Ha yea it would have been. No what I meant is I am bringing this over to the Sams Tourny in July following a full night of vending. Tight schedule but don't want to miss it, and since the rig will have everything I won't have to pack up the comp rig and stuff!

PlanB-BBQ
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Sweet rig, you are the man!!

vhram
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Awesome rig !

Bigdog
04-18-2012, 11:08 PM
So just where do you plan to seat up for business? I plan on making the trek to Cedar Rapids in July and would love to go Czech you out. Maybe you will even be vending at the Czech Festival that I will be attending, hence the Czech you out reference. I am 100% Czech by the way.

Jeffc
04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Awesome rig !

Thanks!

Jeffc
04-19-2012, 06:23 AM
So just where do you plan to seat up for business? I plan on making the trek to Cedar Rapids in July and would love to go Czech you out. Maybe you will even be vending at the Czech Festival that I will be attending, hence the Czech you out reference. I am 100% Czech by the way.

LOL..kind of figured! I am not doing this one but pretty booked in July. When is it? I am doing the freedom festival in CR for a couple of their events including the fireworks. Search QDogsBBQ on Facebook is the best way to follow! However I don't have the events posted yet.
Jeff

Jeffc
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
LOL..kind of figured! I am not doing this one but pretty booked in July. When is it? I am doing the freedom festival in CR for a couple of their events including the fireworks. Search QDogsBBQ on Facebook is the best way to follow! However I don't have the events posted yet.
Jeff

Second week being open, sales aren't to bad. The location is good and I am getting electricity dropped toady! Now I can leave the fridges on and cook over night without pumping LP into the generator. Also will allow me to run all my appliances without guzzling LP, which is not cheep. Our best day so far was ribs last week, sold eighteen racks and 20 pounds of brisket. The briskey was gone in twenty minutes! My first blues fest is in two weeks, looking forward to!

JS-TX
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Really cool setup you got! I'm curious, how much would does your smoker weigh? I ask cause I'm curious if it's feasible to use a heavy smoker like a stumps on a trailer such as yours.

Jeffc
05-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Really cool setup you got! I'm curious, how much would does your smoker weigh? I ask cause I'm curious if it's feasible to use a heavy smoker like a stumps on a trailer such as yours.

The cooker 2000lbs. I love it I might add! Great cooker