PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Pitmasters: Season 3 - Auditions

motoeric
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit.htm

I'm not too optimistic as it seems as if they will be following the same mode as last season and not season 1.

It will still be pretty cool to see lots of Brethren on there, so get your video ready and apply now!

Eric

Ron_L
01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
It says...

We have yet to determine which contests we'll be attending but casting
has begun and we want YOUR video auditions.

That makes it sound more like season 1.

motoeric
01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
What I'm concerned with is that they are bringing back Myron, Art and Warren.

Maybe it'll be a hybrid show, a mix of season one and two?

Eric

SCSmoke
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

SCSmoke
01-28-2012, 04:51 PM
My bad. I think that is an old video is for season 2.

Divemaster
01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
If you click on the link and watch the trailer that they put up it sure looks like season 2. If it is like season one, what do you think is the compensation? Season 2 is obviously the prize money but other than notoriety what did the season one guys get? Not that notoriety is bad. I went to Q, Lee Ann's place in Chicago, where they are charging 35 bucks for a rack of "competition" ribs.

Heck, I won't even eat MY competition ribs and they are free!

Jorge
01-28-2012, 06:34 PM
http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit.htm

I'm not too optimistic as it seems as if they will be following the same mode as last season and not season 1.

It will still be pretty cool to see lots of Brethren on there, so get your video ready and apply now!

Eric

If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

ThomEmery
01-28-2012, 06:57 PM
We had a very minor part working with 3 Eyz BBQ
But that minor part has closed more catering deals than anything else

SCSmoke
01-28-2012, 07:34 PM

When we are in Madison I'll eat some of yours:eyebrows:

JD McGee
01-28-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll wait and see...if they repeat the season 1 format I'm in...if not there are plenty of other shows to watch...:cool: Either way...not interested in submitting a video but thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

motoeric
01-28-2012, 08:21 PM
If someone forecast doom on future issues of Smoke Signals, would you take it personally?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

Stoneman
01-28-2012, 08:25 PM
I am hoping they want to see a couple of twins fighting each other during a contest. HAHA

HarleyEarl
01-28-2012, 08:42 PM
I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

Jorge
01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure if I understand the question. If they said that they were not optimistic about issue 9 as they were disappointed with issue 8 I wouldn't take it personally. Is that what you meant?

Is the underlying concern that I shouldn't have said that I wasn't optimistic about season 3?

Eric

Yes, I guess. We should probably be grateful for a third season. This forum has benefited greatly from the show. I've got a clue since I was a moderator that had to deal with the growth coming from season 1.

I haven't heard too many complaints from the folks that have been on the show. The complaints I have heard or read have come from those that weren't. Hindsight is perfect.

Instead of starting to pick something apart before it's rolled out, how about supporting it and hoping that it represents us well.

JD McGee
01-28-2012, 09:07 PM
I just sent Pitmasters an e-mail asking if they are going to follow the format of season 1 or season 2. I'll let you know what their response is if I hear back. If they are following the format of season 2, I won't even bother working on a video to send in & probably wont have much interest in watching unless I know the teams selected.

Agreed...I would DEFINITELY tune in to support our Brethren teams...if only just to flip them chit on Monday...:becky:

Rich Parker
01-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I am a little confused why the title of the web page says season 2 but the website says season 3.

<title>BBQ Pitmasters Season 2 begins shooting in May</title>

I hope it comes back with either format.

Edit: If you follow the link to TLC it shows a video from season 2.....something smells here. This company tbazone.com is concerning.

Divemaster
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM

When we are in Madison I'll eat some of yours:eyebrows:

Sure, what do you know, your a judge! LOL

(OK, ducking for cover now!!!!!)

boogiesnap
01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Yes, I guess. We should probably be grateful for a third season. This forum has benefited greatly from the show. I've got a clue since I was a moderator that had to deal with the growth coming from season 1.

I haven't heard too many complaints from the folks that have been on the show. The complaints I have heard or read have come from those that weren't. Hindsight is perfect.

Instead of starting to pick something apart before it's rolled out, how about supporting it and hoping that it represents us well.

when the actors in the movies write the reviews for their own films this position might hold water. of course those who were on the show didn't complain.

thumbs up to all who benefitted, but let's face it, season 2 was a disappointment for alot who watched expected better or different.

*edit* not better from the competitors, but better from the format.

Sledneck
01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I LOVED season 3. People cooked, had to be creative, and we all knew somebody. Great formula .

boogiesnap
01-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I LOVED season 3. People cooked, had to be creative, and we all knew somebody. Great formula .

this new server IS fast. you already watched season 3?

i loved watching people cook i am freinds with here, but disliked how they were judged, save myron.

TooSaucedToPork
01-29-2012, 04:25 AM
I would watch it if they could bring back the different competitions from the first season, and mix in a little drama for good effect. If it is another Top Chef or Iron Chef clone...I'm not going to bother.

We all know Drama sells, my bet is on season 2 format.

ModelMaker
01-29-2012, 06:50 AM
All I know is, when you submit your video you better have someboby hollering
"GOOD SMOKING LUCK, FARKERS!!"
Ed

CBQ
01-29-2012, 08:00 AM
I still liked the first season format. I know the published said the second season format would be more accessible to a wider audience, but all of the non-BBQ people I talked to preferred the first season format as well. Season 2 was trying to be Top Chef, but I think "Best in Smoke" did a better job of being Top Chef for BBQ. The first season was more like other reality show formats, giving you a glimpse inside a world the general public doesn't know (Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars). I hope they bring it back...

que_dawg
01-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I have heard from a person involved in the production that they will be traveling around to different competitions again. Who knows if that is the whole story though, I would not be surprised to see some other type of twist involved. But it did sound like they are at least moving back toward the Season 1 format.

:thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

Muzzlebrake
01-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Season 1, season 2, i dont give a chit, I think it's cool to watch my friends and people I know compete on TV.It must be working for someone, they are doing it again.

All I know is a few years ago when I said I'm a competition BBQ cook most people had no clue what that meant. Now more often then not I get either "I saw that on TV!" or " am I going to see you on TV?".

Good luck to everyone that submitting a video! Represent!!!!

Big Poppa
01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Gosh its bbq on tv....I remember in my main business when guitar hero hit and all the purists screamed nearly as bad as some of you... I asked them if they would have preferred it to be called Tractor Hero? I got in the game and my sales went nuts...it grew guitarists...the second game on my competition that shunned it tried to get in....
We need about four shows on the thousands of channels out there. COmpetition will make them better. Also remember what we all would find fascinating is like watching paint dry to the people buying toilet paper....just my .02

The idea is that the more exposure we get the better chance of growing.

MattCom
01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Sadly we'll still have to listen to Sapp's ramblings... Maybe he'll be the one passing out the wet-naps at the end of Judging.

btcg
01-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Season 1 was a documentary, and Season 2 was a game show.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that you could separate the Brethren membership into groups of 10, poll them, and the membership would consistantly choose Season 1 over Season 2 at an 8 to 2 rate (8 like Season 1: 2 like Season 2) all day long.

But if you polled non-barbeque folk, that number would flip in the other direction.

Unless it's your hobby or you have a special interest, few want to see a documentary more than once... even one that changes slightly.

I agree with the guy who is in the "I'll take what I can get" category. Some shows, even of a Season 2 type, are better than none.

Disconnect
01-29-2012, 12:48 PM
FWIW the non-bbq types I've introduced to it loved season 1 way more. But I suspect the ratings don't show that..

kurtsara
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree with the guy who is in the "I'll take what I can get" category. Some shows, even of a Season 2 type, are better than none.

I couldn't even stand watching the commercials for season two, so I would never watch it if it was the same as season two.

Podge
01-29-2012, 01:01 PM
If it was like season 1, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.. But I can only cook BBQ and not much else, no fancy mac-n-cheese, etc.. :puke:

Disconnect
01-29-2012, 02:26 PM
funny, i go the other way. we're way too new at competitions to be on tv, but i got started with "gourmet backyard" so season 2 style would work much better for us :)

btcg
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
FWIW the non-bbq types I've introduced to it loved season 1 way more. But I suspect the ratings don't show that..

Well... then the answer is obvious.

Let's get you out there converting people.

Tarheel
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
If it was like season 1, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.. But I can only cook BBQ and not much else, no fancy mac-n-cheese, etc.. :puke:

Check with the Randy I think he has a mac-n-cheese reciepe he used on tv that will work!:doh: Just couldn't resist!:tape:

Roy

kihrer
01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I really liked season 1 a lot but I also enjoyed season II. But then again, I like Top Chef, Iron Chef and other competition cooking shows. About the only part I didn't care for in season II was the elimination based on non-traditional BBQ. I'd rather it be for extra money and not to send someone home.

I'm not trying to equate the show to competition BBQ but I enjoyed it for what it was. I also would have preferred blind judging as I think it left open the option of biases and friendships influencing the outcome.

NorthwestBBQ
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
John Markus and Myron informed me Season 3 will be like season 2.

Nordy
01-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Shooting begins in March and schedule runs through April...

Sounds like a Season 2 type format to me. I'd speculate some of the "TV Competition" is during a real competition, but still, only shooting for 2 months...

Pretty "last minute" as well with audition tapes due Feb 9 and shooting starting March...

Lake Dogs
01-29-2012, 05:55 PM
If brethren apply I wish you guys well and I hope you succeed.

wheels61
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Cool, can't wait to see it, whatever format they use. i might even send in a dvd. if i use the knuckleheads that work for me in it, who knows. i wish i had some footage of my nephew sticking his hand in the buffalo chopper and pulling out a bloody stump.

MattG
01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I'll watch it. Ill watch it because its a BBQ show and i might know some people. I did not like Season 2 but I watched because IT'S A BBQ SHOW AND I KNEW SOME PEOPLE.

speedrcer1
01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
I was one of the people who ripped season 2 here.
In retrospect, if you give me a choice of watching "Cupcake Wars" or season 2,
I'll choose season 2.

buffalotom
01-30-2012, 10:18 AM
As more of a backyard BBQer with grandoise dreams. Any BBQ show is better than none. I do like watching the different cooking shows and have many friends that watch them too. If we can get more people watching and then getting on forums like this one think of the growth potential for the market and BBQ. To any Brethren submitting and participating, good luck I will be watching.:clap2:

Lake Dogs
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Matt, how are you?!?!

Yeah, I wish everyone best of luck, but I wont watch it. I dont watch reality-TV of any type. I particularly hate those that take great cooks/chefs of XXXX variety and make them cook YYYY. I mean, what's the point? I dont watch Survivor, nor any of those House things, nor Bachelor, nor Iron Chef, etc. I wont watch this. I'll probably read about it here on brethren and wonder why on earth someone won because they cooked a great ... I dont know, probably this year will be posdillo (1/2 possum, 1/2 armadillo).

Season 1; loved it; taped it; watched it quite a bit. Season 2, taped it, watched about 1/2 of the first two episodes, got nausea, removed them. I understand why they went to the new format; I'm just not one of their target market is all. I'm probably just too old for that stuff...

Oh, I dont watch (as said above) cupcake wars either. Didnt even know that had such a thing.

I will be watching the Superbowl this weekend, and I'll be cooking chili.

Scottie
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
To me, season 2 didn't not make the cooks look good. I'm not on to that. I tried watching them when they replayed. It was just too difficult to stomach. Awesome for those folks that were chosen, I'm not in to game shows and that's all other was. Price is Right for BBQ. And there wasn't much BBQ on the show. Cole slaw to decide a win?

boogiesnap
01-30-2012, 10:32 AM
cupcake wars is actually quite fascinating.

the farkin nutty things they have to do to their food in order to win. :loco:

glh17
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I prefer the format of Season 1. I enjoyed Season 2 but only about 1/2 as much as 1. The 2 format would be better if they'd get rid of the sides and the stupid stuff (snakes, gators, frogs, etc...) and concentrate on the types of meat people really bbq.

kihrer
01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
If they aren't going to do a season 1-like show, how about the following. Take 8 teams (or how ever many episodes you want to have) and have them enter the exact same contests. Each week, feature one of the teams and show them as they buy their meat, pack, prep, cook and turn in. At the end of the 8 weeks, the teams with top two scores will do a showdown for top honors and prize money. I think the 8 teams would have to be the full-timers as it will require a lot of travel. This way it takes the best from season one and the competition from season two.

sitnfat
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I am gonna send a tape in in hopes I get picked,cause I think it will be funny as heck hearing Art Smith say rub won out BBQ :clap2:

HarleyEarl
01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
I just heard back from Pitmasters. Their response was:

Our format has yet to be locked, as we haven't determined which bbq contests we'll be filming at yet.

If they are looking at which contests they will be filming at, it sounds like a season 1 format. I don't know how they woild work the season 2 format into a contest.

BC Squared
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Just hope we don't have someone make a fool of himself by throwing a fit and acting like an idiot on national tv again!

lcbateman3
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
They may do a hybrid. Follow x amount of teams at the same competitions and then have the top two or three for a big purse. Which wouldn't be that bad. I am interested in seeing how it all works out.

BBQ on TV is better than no BBQ on TV. At least I get a chance to see some people I know!

dmprantz
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Has any one vetted this at all? The document posted (which is currently off line) is hosted on a website owned by Ray Basso, not John Markus, nor Original Media, nor TLC/Discovery, nor any other producer I would expect. I seem to recall Season 2 being advertised on the TLC website. I'm just asking here, is there any reason to truly believe that this is for Season 3 of Pitmasters? I'd rather not bug Mr. Markus with a question if some one else has already done so.

dmp

motoeric
01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Has any one vetted this at all? The document posted (which is currently off line) is hosted on a website owned by Ray Basso, not John Markus, nor Original Media, nor TLC/Discovery, nor any other producer I would expect. I seem to recall Season 2 being advertised on the TLC website. I'm just asking here, is there any reason to truly believe that this is for Season 3 of Pitmasters? I'd rather not bug Mr. Markus with a question if some one else has already done so.

dmp

John Markus will be interviewed in the next issue of Smoke Signals about the next season, so I guess it's a go. The interview should be occurring over the next couple of days, so I'll post more info when I have it.

Eric

dmprantz
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I spoke to Ray about this. He changed the website to http://www.tbazone.com/pitmaster/pit2.htm for some reason and didn't account for "other" forums referencing it. He's changed it back. He also said that the only reason he is hosting the page is that he is doing advertising for the show. Just an FYI.

dmp

sitnfat
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
The email to send a video is original media

Nordy
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Though I much preferred season one... Any BBQ show should benefit BBQ in general. I think they could work a Friday night challenge in addition to a regular competition they were filming at. OR could incorporate footage of actual contests with an outside iron chef style contest.

Who knows.

Whatever the format is... I think it will help promote BBQ

Nordy

Spydermike72
01-31-2012, 05:31 AM

Right there with you, besides when Cole Slaw is the determining factor I know I am not down with that...

Good Luck to those that are chosen!! :thumb::thumb:

ThomEmery
01-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Season three will be

"We will be traveling a show this go around. Thanks!"

from their email

Mrs. McFrankenboo
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Season three will be

"We will be traveling a show this go around. Thanks!"

from their email

Oh Thom, how I love your cryptic messages :roll: :-D So does this mean it will be traveling around to competition and follow a few teams at those competitions OR just do their game show format in different locations?

bbqfun
01-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't mean to highjack but your name came up at Lake Havasu's water edge this weekend Mrs. McFrankenboo. Hummmnnn wonder why?

Mrs. McFrankenboo
01-31-2012, 11:03 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about...what happens at Havasu stays at Havasu :-D

Lake Dogs
01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Though I much preferred season one... Any BBQ show should benefit BBQ in general. I think they could work a Friday night challenge in addition to a regular competition they were filming at. OR could incorporate footage of actual contests with an outside iron chef style contest.

Who knows.

Whatever the format is... I think it will help promote BBQ

Nordy

At the risk of taking quite a bit of heat for this, I'll write it none the less:

Nordy, respectfully, I'd like to disagree with you on the point where you said "any BBQ show should benefit BBQ". Mind you, I think BBQ getting air time can be a good thing. I think certain bbq-brethren getting their 15 minutes of fame is great (if they wish to get it this way). Guys like Big Mista and others it helps promote their name and resulting in more business for them (I hope). However, I think certain aspects of season 2 were insulting; insulting to cooks, insulting to competition BBQ, just plain insulting in general. It sounded to me like they were ready to have a seed and/or tobacco spittin' contest any minute, right before having to cook road-kill-surprise. To me, very little of what they were cooking had anything to do with something resembling BBQ at all. It made, IMHO, a mockery of the whole darned thing. While it may have brought on additional membership here, and I guess that's a good thing, I dont think it helped barbecue very much.

I think season 1 DID help competition barbecue, but not season 2.

Mind you, if you want to watch this, I think go for it. I love that some guys got well deserved notoriety. I hope it's helped them. For the others that go forward, I wish them well. But I dont think season 2 helped BBQ.

Jorge
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
At the risk of taking quite a bit of heat for this, I'll write it none the less:

Nordy, respectfully, I'd like to disagree with you on the point where you said "any BBQ show should benefit BBQ". Mind you, I think BBQ getting air time can be a good thing. I think certain bbq-brethren getting their 15 minutes of fame is great (if they wish to get it this way). Guys like Big Mista and others it helps promote their name and resulting in more business for them (I hope). However, I think certain aspects of season 2 were insulting; insulting to cooks, insulting to competition BBQ, just plain insulting in general. It sounded to me like they were ready to have a seed and/or tobacco spittin' contest any minute, right before having to cook road-kill-surprise. To me, very little of what they were cooking had anything to do with something resembling BBQ at all. It made, IMHO, a mockery of the whole darned thing. While it may have brought on additional membership here, and I guess that's a good thing, I dont think it helped barbecue very much.

I think season 1 DID help competition barbecue, but not season 2.

Mind you, if you want to watch this, I think go for it. I love that some guys got well deserved notoriety. I hope it's helped them. For the others that go forward, I wish them well. But I dont think season 2 helped BBQ.

I understand your points, and agree with some of them on a personal level. I'd love to see the season 1 format return. It was familiar and enjoyable personally.

That being said, I think we would all be better off viewing this as a part of a process. The fact that the show is returning is HUGE. Many people seem to want a homerun. I don't believe that's fair. Competition BBQ is relatively new to television, and has had a relatively small exposure to the general population as well.

John Markus, and some others have done a lot to increase the exposure of something we enjoy and care about. What we've seen in previous years, and in coming years may not be what some would prefer, but it's a step in the right direction and an opportunity to expand the exposure we currently have.

Until I'm given a reason to not support those that are making the effort to expand something we collectively care about, I'll try to be fair in my criticism and judge each product based on merit and not speculation. Nobody stands to benefit if there is nothing in production. If you don't like the Koolaid, don't take a sip.

ThomEmery
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh Thom, how I love your cryptic messages :roll: :-D So does this mean it will be traveling around to competition and follow a few teams at those competitions OR just do their game show format in different locations?

The email was quoted in it's entirety

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question

motoeric
01-31-2012, 03:14 PM
If you slide on down to the ** BBQ Brethren Magazine ** Discussion Area (below Jokes, Special Interests, etc.), you'll see that I just posted a brief (less two page) interview w/ John Markus that will be appearing in issue 8 of Smoke Signals.

Eric

G$
01-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Enlightening, without divulging too much about the potential format. Folks better move quick if they want to be on the show!

Lake Dogs
01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Eric, thanks and it sure sounds like they're heading back to something more closely associated with Season 1. Jorge, I absolutely appreciate differing opinions and I'll do my personal best to keep my mind open and hopeful that Season 3 wont be what to me Season 2 was...

Nordy
01-31-2012, 05:34 PM
L.Dogs - I see your point and can't disagree with you much on a personal level. I'd have been hacked if I was on that show and asked to cook frog legs, rattlesnake etc... I guess my point is if there is BBQ on TV, it increases people talking about it, coming to message boards, coming to contests etc.

A "Season 1" type format would be my preference too.

N

KingRanch450
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I really enjoyed reading the Markus interview. It seems to me they're heading back toward some type of traditional BBQ Competition and away from having Pitmasters cook Frog Legs and Alligator! I'm excited to see it.

JD McGee
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
If you slide on down to the ** BBQ Brethren Magazine ** Discussion Area (below Jokes, Special Interests, etc.), you'll see that I just posted a brief (less two page) interview w/ John Markus that will be appearing in issue 8 of Smoke Signals.

Eric

Thanks Eric...season 3 looks promising in print! :cool:

SirPorkaLot
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
I really enjoyed reading the Markus interview. It seems to me they're heading back toward some type of traditional BBQ Competition and away from having Pitmasters cook Frog Legs and Alligator! I'm excited to see it.

I love me some frog legs & gator tail....

Market Hunter
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
I love me some frog legs & gator tail....

I would be down with this format if one had to catch, kill, dress and cook these items.

Pass da hot sauce with the plate SirPorkaLot, please...:becky:

drbbq
01-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Anybody remember the All-Star BBQ Showdown? The first season we traveled to cook-offs but had our own competition among the people on the show. Maybe that will return?

SirPorkaLot
01-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Anybody remember the All-Star BBQ Showdown? The first season we traveled to cook-offs but had our own competition among the people on the show. Maybe that will return?

Sure do.
There are many different ways they could take it, I will be watching for sure.

Scottie
01-31-2012, 10:43 PM

I loved the stew room they had for you guys to watch the judging...

drbbq
02-01-2012, 07:31 AM
LOL Yeah that was the first time any of us heard judges criticize our food live and we didn't take it very well :)

G$
02-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Yeah, it sounds liek a hybrid to me as well.

kihrer
02-01-2012, 08:07 AM

I have that one DVD and watch now and again. I liked the fact that they didn't send people home for not knowing how to cook Pacu or eel. Of course the Daryl Dawkins giving a perfect score to the chick he thought was hot was a little disturbing. I liked that contest format better than Pitmasters season 2.

Muzzlebrake
02-01-2012, 10:03 AM
I remember that show, I had forgotten about Darryl Dawkins! Love that guy, he's so out there, he's funny

billm
02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
if I owned a bbq restaurant in the Gold Coast area of Chicago I'd charge 35 bucks for ribs too..

Jorge
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I remember that show, I had forgotten about Darryl Dawkins! Love that guy, he's so out there, he's funny

I only remember Megyn Price....and yes the wife knows that she is on THE LIST:laugh:

timzcardz
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I know what would really be good for BBQ!

I hope they have teams compete where they go parted pork versus unparted pork! And for a twist, maybe throw in a pork collar every once in a while.

I would be in for watching every episode of that. Is there anything more disputed in the world of BBQ?

The controversy and suspense would send the ratings through the roof!

Big Poppa
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I met great friends on the show and had fun. No surprises. Will be filming another video on Friday. If we get picked fabulous if not great.....Scottie...we are still braving managing our cookers in the wind and sleet! hahahaha...( I got to meet Scottie because he forgot he bashed us....wouldnt have happened without season two...love you Scottie...ok like ...)

Scottie
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Now it wasn't bashing individuals as much as the format. I'm not doing a video, do you need a dishwasher? And come on, you know it's more than like... :becky:

And I didn't forget. I came over to you to introduce myself. And you came over first thing the next morning, after I had 1 hour of sleep, catching me sleeping in my chair. Lol

Ponderosa BBQ
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Man I look forward to the new season should be exciting! Good luck to everyone game on!

rookiedad
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
i'd like to see a format like the next great baker where each pitmaster competes as an individual within a team at various contests with one getting eliminated each time. this would give the game show appeal and still show what real competition bbq is all about and you would get to follow all the drama in the tent just like the bakers when they are doing their challanges... in fact i think they should let Buddy host the show also!

speedrcer1
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm just bored tonight and I'm watching the first 2 episodes of season 1 that I watched as they aired. A few observations:
1. After meeting Myron and seeing how kind, cool and a nice guy he is, who is this guy on the show? Too funny what snipets of video do.
2. In the first episode with Paul from Pablo Diablo putting celantro lime whole chix in the box with a sprig of parsley and ribs dumped in a box with both finishing DAL is too funny!
3. How much I think like Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke. I guess not a bad thing.

If anyone wants to watch season 1 for free, they are on Netflix Online and you can get a free month for free just by signing up. You can watch on your PC.

Homebrewed Q
02-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Season 1 pushed me into the World of competition BBQ. I've done 3 cookoffs to date. (My time is limited due to my life on the road). Looking forward to season 3 if it is held at actual comps.

JS-TX
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Season 1 pushed me into the World of competition BBQ. I've done 3 cookoffs to date. (My time is limited due to my life on the road). Looking forward to season 3 if it is held at actual comps.

Me too, I've done 1 comp so far. Financial constraints prevent me from doing more than 3 or 4 a year.

Bigmista
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Just hope we don't have someone make a fool of himself by throwing a fit and acting like an idiot on national tv again!
I wasn't acting. I am an idiot.

SmokeInDaEye
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Yes you are. And we still love you.

ModelMaker
02-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Me thinks they was talkin bout the "other brother" in the hat...
Ed

YokeUp
02-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Anybody heard an update on all this. I helped Big Bear Shootin smoke make their video and was wondering when they are going to move on picking the teams? It must be pretty quick because they start filming in March.

Smokin' Bad Habit
02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
any word yet from any one...who were the lucky ones to get picked?