PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins

Jorge
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
The KCBS season started out in California before January, but this weekend teams are hitting the road for multiple contests. H&H was recently held near Houston, and the Texas season is taking off with the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo event this weekend.

Best of luck to all this season, and most especially safe travels! Regardless of which organization you are cooking in each weekend look out for yourselves, and your fellow competitors. That's what makes competition BBQ special!

Divemaster
01-28-2012, 06:09 PM
I agree Jorge.

I too would like to add my wishes for the best of luck to all of our brethren competing out there.

Let's all be safe and smart in all that we do!

lcbateman3
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Safe travels and good luck to everyone this season.

Just remember, have fun no matter what.

Bigmista
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
One of my high school teammates won the Hold 'em and Hit 'em last week. Patrick Mullins of PM Cookers. Proud of him!

Jorge
01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
One of my high school teammates won the Hold 'em and Hit 'em last week. Patrick Mullins of PM Cookers. Proud of him!

Wish I could make it to Galveston to meet him, but the schedule isn't looking good. Are we visibly brothers from different mothers?:becky:

EDIT: If so, I NEED that picture!:becky:

HarleyEarl
01-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Jorge,

Are you going to travel up north again this year for the Big Creek contest? Word has it that Rookie48 will be there again and this will be my second contest of the year.

Also, to add to your best wishes for the competitors - I would like to add safe travels to all the volunteers and judges!

Jorge
01-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Jorge,

Are you going to travel up north again this year for the Big Creek contest? Word has it that Rookie48 will be there again and this will be my second contest of the year.

Also, to add to your best wishes for the competitors - I would like to add safe travels to all the volunteers and judges!

I wish that I could. I'm out every weekend in February. I'm not saying 'no' but I doubt it. If I've got the time and I can hop a quick flight, AND Jeff and Stan need some help, I'm there. It's a great contest, great people, and I think it's one that will become special over the years.