PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Willie Pallooza 2012 April 14,15 Brentwood, NY

rbsnwngs
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Its that time of year again and I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.
You can get all the information you need at www.williepallooza.com or call me at 631 678 1726

rbsnwngs
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I have received our first team entry along with there Haiko

Willie is the best
A lot of meat he can eat
He likes the Jets Best

You can forward your Haiko along with your application or post it here

2. Bad ass competition BBQ

tugbone
01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
willieb's comp is a lot of fun

Sledneck
01-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Ahhhhh some very fond memories of the the first event on 07'

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433003&postcount=265

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433137&postcount=277

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433070&postcount=274

MilitantSquatter
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Ahhhhh some very fond memories of the the first event on 07'

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433003&postcount=265

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433137&postcount=277

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=433070&postcount=274

good time...

I found this pic of Phil's chili entry... remember the turn-in time saga ?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww8/MilitantSquatter/williepaloozachili.jpg

JimmyDAL
01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Sled, could'nt get the pict's. Good time?

Sledneck
01-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Sled, could'nt get the pict's. Good time?

Pics don't show when you click on the links?

Not a good time, I was a GREAT time

JimmyDAL
01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
not for me, you know i'm always DAL. May have to do this one.

Sledneck
01-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I have received our first team entry along with there Haiko

Willie is the best
A lot of meat he can eat
He likes the Jets Best

You can forward your Haiko along with your application or post it here

2. Bad ass competition BBQ

Now I'm not competing on my own as m pit beotching for bad ass but I still wrote a haiku

Oh me oh my Willy(ie) is a big fat guy
Oh my oh me He likes to pee
Oh why oh why does he make me cry
He always steals my last french fry

Sledneck
01-14-2012, 03:40 PM
not for me, you know i'm always DAL. May have to do this one.

You should , you will be glad you did. It I unlike any contest you've ever been before.

Bob S
01-14-2012, 03:42 PM
willieb's comp is a lot of fun

And the weather is always great :rolleyes:

JimmyDAL
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
places for overnight ( wife and daughter) don't like roughing it if they don't have to.

Sledneck
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
places for overnight ( wife and daughter) don't like roughing it if they don't have to. ten minutes from contest

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g47356-d1191302-Reviews-Wingate_by_Wyndham_Commack-Brentwood_New_York.html

JimmyDAL
01-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Sled, looks like a great place for them. On the sign up it doesn't say how big the sights are. My trailer and truck will fit?

motoeric
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Willie is usually very generous with space size. Give him a yell. I'm sure something can be worked out. If not, let me know and tell Willie to put you next us and you can use some of the Grill Scouts space.

Eric

JimmyDAL
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
:-D. You sure , I know Sled!

motoeric
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
:-D. You sure , I know Sled!

Absolutely. That's what WilliePallooza's about. If necessary, we could share some of the Grill Scouts space and I'd be happy to let you use at least 1/2 of Sled's space.

Not a problem at all. I'm generous like that.

Eric

White Dog BBQ
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok, maybe I completely missed it, but what are the prize payouts for this event?

Erik

Sledneck
01-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Ok, maybe I completely missed it, but what are the prize payouts for this event?

Erik

Depends on entries

Westexbbq
01-16-2012, 11:09 AM

Erik

Well, at the first one in '07, we all got one of these really cool wooden train whistles!!!!!

motoeric
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Did you know that judges, attendees and teams at WilliePallooza have donated well over 1500 pounds of food to those in need over the past two years?

The Grill Scouts will be collecting cans of food from judges and their guests at WilliePallooza. The food (as it has for the past two years) will be donated to an adjunct of Island Harvest and given to those in need.

If you would like to participate, it would be great if you could ask people that you know are coming to bring a couple of cans with them.

In addition, if you have any left over cooked food, they will take it to a soup kitchen. If you post here that you'd like to participate, we can have someone come to your area after 2:00 on Sunday to pick up whatever you have available.

Thanks!

motoeric
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
It's crazy to think that we're about 7 weeks out. We still have snow on the ground from the weekend.

Anyway, who is in for WilliePallooza, the best 3 days of BBQ in NY?

Eric

timzcardz
01-23-2012, 08:22 PM
It's crazy to think that we're about 7 weeks out. We still have snow on the ground from the weekend.

Eric

Not only is it crazy, but it also stupid, as it is actually close to 12 weeks out! :wink:

motoeric
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Not only is it crazy, but it also stupid, as it is actually close to 12 weeks out! :wink:

Oh, sure, make fun of the mathematically impaired. Real nice.

Well, I guess I have more time for practice than I thought. Maybe I was thinking of GotB?

Eric

Smokenstein & monster crew
01-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Isnt the day of the contest the same mayan calender date for the end of the world ?:becky:...oh wait my bad, we should just have Hurricane like winds, Hail the size of volleyballs, lightning clusters.....Same as usual (we'll live)

NS Mike D
01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
We are looking forward to competing at Willie Palloza accepting the challenge from our fellow brethren to prove our 3rd place people's choice at the Hickville FD was not a fluke (or that my mom worked the crowd to stuff our ticket jar - ok, she did).

We changed our spur of the moment name (f/k/a Mike's Backyard) to Buenos Diaz!, registered with KCBS and sent in our entry fee to Willie.

Given we haven't a clue what we are doing yet, and we are running out of people to eat out food, we've been getting creative in finding ways to practice.

For example, there is no rule that prohibits bringing a WSM along on a Boy Scout Polar Bear Camping trip and hooking up my bbq guru to my kayak battery to smoke a boston butt:

BTW, if you ever need a pick me up, cook for a bunch of teenage boys who've been outside in the cold for 24 hrs and eating nothing better than burnt pancakes and instant noodles :thumb:

This weekend, I will finally tackle the legendary brisket. I have read much about this allusive beast and how it can reduce the great ones to tears.

It's high steaks (I mean stakes) on Sunday. Our hosts have already predicted a Super day with a Giants win to go along with Buenos Diaz Brisket.

:doh:

Yakfishingfool
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah Mike!!! Glad to see you doing this!

boogiesnap
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
We are looking forward to competing at Willie Palloza accepting the challenge from our fellow brethren to prove our 3rd place people's choice at the Hickville FD was not a fluke (or that my mom worked the crowd to stuff our ticket jar - ok, she did).

We changed our spur of the moment name (f/k/a Mike's Backyard) to Buenos Diaz!, registered with KCBS and sent in our entry fee to Willie.

Given we haven't a clue what we are doing yet, and we are running out of people to eat out food, we've been getting creative in finding ways to practice.

For example, there is no rule that prohibits bringing a WSM along on a Boy Scout Polar Bear Camping trip and hooking up my bbq guru to my kayak battery to smoke a boston butt:

BTW, if you ever need a pick me up, cook for a bunch of teenage boys who've been outside in the cold for 24 hrs and eating nothing better than burnt pancakes and instant noodles :thumb:

This weekend, I will finally tackle the legendary brisket. I have read much about this allusive beast and how it can reduce the great ones to tears.

It's high steaks (I mean stakes) on Sunday. Our hosts have already predicted a Super day with a Giants win to go along with Buenos Diaz Brisket.

you certainly have the first 90% 100% right.:thumb: enjoy every cook and moment.

02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey mike, what brought on the name change ?? I had a name change.
See ya have a nice logo now, one contest & your in hook line & sinker:clap2:
Good luck with the brisket, & Willies (prepare for really bad weather)

Dont forget to bring your mom to shake the judges down

BigBarry
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
We are in! App on the way. Haiku:

You are indeed Fat
Fat is just a state of mind
I am also fat

BigBarry
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Willie - I paid via paypal but no application doc links the website.

BBQchef33
02-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Williepalooza happens
over and over
its just to bad
Im going to Dover

motoeric
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Willie - I paid via paypal but no application doc links the website.

That's the worst poem I've ever seen.

Did you scroll down on the tab where it says 'app' and fill out those fields?

Eric

Westexbbq
02-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Williepalooza happens
over and over
its just to bad
Im going to Dover

Actually, I applaud the witty bon mot;
it's cogent,
it rhymes,
and there are no typos.

just sayin.....:laugh:

BigBarry
02-02-2012, 11:18 PM
That's the worst poem I've ever seen.

Did you scroll down on the tab where it says 'app' and fill out those fields?

Eric

Did you mean mine or Phil's? If mine:

Pffffft. I ain't one oh them high-fah-lootin' poetry-types...

But that's actually a Haiku, not a poem and Willie wanted a Haiku: A Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five.

If Phil's -it's is witty but not a haiku and therefore, he does not gain entry into the contest as per Mr. Breakstone's rules!

So there! :bow:

I had trouble with the Google docs app. Can't we just put up a PDF? I have NitroPDF and if you email me a .doc, I can make the PDF. I can even make it fillable (text boxes).

BBQchef33
02-02-2012, 11:48 PM
barry wants haiku
he may bite me on my arse
my arse in waiting

hows that? :pound:

:bow:

timzcardz
02-03-2012, 06:43 AM
You want a haiku?
I've got your haiku right here.
Now THAT'S a haiku!

rbsnwngs
02-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Were up to 5 teams already 30 spots to go

timzcardz
02-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Were up to 5 teams already 30 spots to go

And now make that 6 teams.

Grim Reaper Smokers just paid.

BigBarry
02-04-2012, 05:03 AM
barry wants haiku
he may bite me on my arse
my arse in waiting

hows that? :pound:

:bow:

Awesome!!

:thumb:

rbsnwngs
02-16-2012, 08:48 AM
For any of you new guys out there thinking about competing Queer eye is looking for any volunteers who would like to help out at Willie Pallooza And some other contests
You can call me at 631 678 1726

tugbone
02-16-2012, 08:59 AM
babylon grillbillies are in paid yesterday

trohrs123
02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Sent in Application Stubborn Bull BBQ
Formerly TNT Dynamite BBQ

Anchors Smokeshop
02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
The Smoke 'N Barrel is in. I haven't sent in my app or payment yet, but I'm in.

02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
how many days out ???

exhorns
02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
How many days? How about the Sledcast?

Sledneck
02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Sledcast
I predict that Willy(ie) to be still fat and drunk

BBQ_MAFIA
02-17-2012, 10:30 PM
When I click on the BBQ Entry the payment page for the Chili contest pops up.
Is the BBQ Contest full?

exhorns
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Sledcast
I predict that Willy(ie) to be still fat and drunk

Nice. He probably lost some of the baby fat by now. lol

02-18-2012, 12:52 PM
He's not fat.... He's just drawn big

motoeric
02-18-2012, 01:52 PM
When I click on the BBQ Entry the payment page for the Chili contest pops up.
Is the BBQ Contest full?

Guido,

If you click on the 'app' button, the first option on the next screen should be 'BBQ Entry', then 'Chili Only Entry, then 'Chile and BBQ'. Then as you scroll down, the automated application to fill in appears.

LMK if that's not what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Eric

BBQ_MAFIA
02-19-2012, 10:52 AM
When I click on the Pay Pal link for the BBQ Contest the page flips and show entry for the $25 Chili Contest

Guido,

If you click on the 'app' button, the first option on the next screen should be 'BBQ Entry', then 'Chili Only Entry, then 'Chile and BBQ'. Then as you scroll down, the automated application to fill in appears.

LMK if that's not what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Eric

Westexbbq
02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Sounds like the BBQ Mafia is making it's debut appearance this year at WP 2012.
Looking forward to seeing you and the boys, Phil.

motoeric
02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Guido,

I'm out of the house. I'll try to get that fixed tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

Eric

rbsnwngs
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Hot dog will be the fifth category on Sunday
That's right another wiener will be given away
Don't worry it won't take away from the big wiener

BBQchef33
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
damn that Dover!

MikeR
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Eric

Wow Eric, you're right. It is only about seven weeks out, but I don't see any snow on the ground.:wink:

DragonZim
02-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Hey all, interested in defending my first place People's Choice win from Hicksville last year, but this would be the first larger competition that EZ Cue would be looking to enter. Do contestants have to supply their own meat for this or is it covered by the $200 entry fee? I can swing the $200, but having to buy another $200 worth of meat is getting beyond my budget...

Westexbbq
02-23-2012, 10:01 AM
As in the past, contestants bring their own meat for Willy to inspect with a keen eye.
I have not heard of any policy changes as yet.
Hope you can still find a way to make it.

02-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey all, interested in defending my first place People's Choice win from Hicksville last year, but this would be the first larger competition that EZ Cue would be looking to enter. Do contestants have to supply their own meat for this or is it covered by the $200 entry fee? I can swing the $200, but having to buy another $200 worth of meat is getting beyond my budget...

First contest, first win & your locked in...that was a realitively cheap weekend that contest.(low entry fee & meat provided)
competition bbq, it gets expensive for most of us
at least 200, 250 entrance fee plus 200 or so in charcoal/ingrediants & meat
You have a partner, so you can so split the cost...I am a family team ( i eat the whole cost)

Sadly to say i will miss this contest this year, really bummed, but schedule jammed up

MattCom
02-23-2012, 10:35 AM

I guess you squandered your winnings.... eh, sign of a rookie. You need to parlay those winnings! hope you make it!
M

DragonZim
02-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I guess you squandered your winnings.... eh, sign of a rookie. You need to parlay those winnings! hope you make it!
M

LOL, My winnings was that shiny WSM 22.5, which has been very lovingly used a number of times since we got it.

MattCom
02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
LOL, My winnings was that shiny WSM 22.5, which has been very lovingly used a number of times since we got it.
Nice, perfect for the WP!
That and a raincoat is all you'll need.

tugbone
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
How many teams registered so far.

rbsnwngs
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Team list

1. BBQ Brethren Returning GC
2. Bad Ass comp bbq team
3. Buenos Diaz
4. Roccos Rubs
5. Team Big Barry Q
6. Grim Reaper Smokers
7. Ed-Que-Cators
8. stubborn Bull BBQ
9. Babylon Grill Billies
10. The Grill Scouts
11. Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy

Frank Sacco
03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Bob and Laura did such a great job last year, I've decided to sit this year out. However, I'm going to load my "cheep" into the green horsey trailer and you will find me on the east side of the VFW set up with the kids. As extra entertainment, approx 2:00 on Saturday Yakfish will be demonstrating the proper techniques used to shear a sheap. He currently holds the NY sheap shearing title for the fastest shearer in Shokan.

motoeric
03-02-2012, 08:33 PM
As extra entertainment, approx 2:00 on Saturday Yakfish will be demonstrating the proper techniques used to shear a sheap. He currently holds the NY sheap shearing title for the fastest shearer in Shokan.

Wow, that's a relief. I thought that Scott spent all that time w/ sheep for another reason entirely.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Eric

MilitantSquatter
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow, that's a relief. I thought that Scott spent all that time w/ sheep for another reason entirely.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Eric

yes.. but what Sacco didn't tell you is that Yak won the sheep shearing title by using his teeth around the sheeps nutsack... :shocked:

Frank Sacco
03-02-2012, 08:47 PM
yes.. but what Sacco didn't tell you is that Yak won the sheep shearing title by using his teeth around the sheeps nutsack... :shocked:

Scott not long uses his teeth. He was "in the area" and inadvertently bit some skin. The sheep kicked him in the hip. That's why on occasions you will see him bent over... His hip is acting up.

Westexbbq
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Nnnnnnaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

CTSmokehouse
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
How many teams registered so far.

Primal Meat Smokers is planning to compete...

Had trouble with the website....only wants us to do Chilli?

So how many teams?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Yakfishingfool
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Not even here to defend myself!!! Looking forward to this.

Maybe some Haiku's

sacco can bite nuts
Phil needs to quit touching me
Still sleeping outside

Looking for train whistles as I type....

rbsnwngs
03-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Team list

2. Bad Ass comp bbq team
3. Buenos Diaz
4. Roccos Rubs
5. Team Big Barry Q
6. Grim Reaper Smokers
7. Ed-Que-Cators
8. stubborn Bull BBQ
9. Babylon Grill Billies
10. The Grill Scouts
12. BBQ Mafia
13. Purple Pork Masters
14. Blazin Buttz
15. Swamp Pit
16. Primal Meat Smokers
17. Chubby Hubby
18. Smokin Irish
19. Out of the Ashes

SmokeInDaEye
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Sending in my check this week. This will be my last contest before our move south so it better be a good one.

early mornin' smokin'
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
mailing in our check shortly. Let's all get together and kick Clint's arse before he heads south(it's the least we can do)

SmokeInDaEye
03-12-2012, 09:03 AM
mailing in our check shortly. Let's all get together and kick Clint's arse before he heads south(it's the least we can do)

That's alright. I'll just go drown my sorrows in my new backyard.

DragonZim
03-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Team EZCue is definitely not going to be able to compete this year due to financial reasons and my teammate not being available that weekend. Anyone looking for a helper? I've only done the single rib competition at the Hicksville Fire dept, and wouldn't mind assisting someone doing a full comp to get some more experience.

early mornin' smokin'
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
congrats on the new digs clint!! Where are you moving to?

SmokeInDaEye
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Memphis.

rbsnwngs
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Team EZCue is definitely not going to be able to compete this year due to financial reasons and my teammate not being available that weekend. Anyone looking for a helper? I've only done the single rib competition at the Hicksville Fire dept, and wouldn't mind assisting someone doing a full comp to get some more experience.

i know queer eye is always looking for someone to help drink

early mornin' smokin'
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
same with early mornin' smokin'

SmokeInDaEye
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Same with the vets.

Frank Sacco
03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice mud hole Clint! Looks as though you're set up for success in the south? When's your move date?

Yakfishingfool
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Does that pool come with the hot tub of lube for all the first cousins???

SmokeInDaEye
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Does that pool come with the hot tub of lube for all the first cousins???

Nah, I'm leaving the hot tub of lube for you and Phil.

Westexbbq
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Back on topic,,,,,

A Touch of Grey will be competing in BBQ.
Westex BBQ is doing chili.

03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
That's alright. I'll just go drown my sorrows in my new backyard.

i dont see any room for your 12 or so smokers, i guess your quitting :becky:

motoeric
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Back on topic,,,,,

A Touch of Grey will be competing in BBQ.
Westex BBQ is doing chili.

I may stay out of the BBQ competition just so I can try to judge Wes' chili. Goooooood stuff!

Eric

rbsnwngs
03-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Team list

2. Bad Ass comp bbq team
3. Buenos Diaz
4. Roccos Rubs
5. Team Big Barry Q
6. Grim Reaper Smokers
7. Ed-Que-Cators
8. stubborn Bull BBQ
9. Babylon Grill Billies
10. The Grill Scouts
12. BBQ Mafia
13. Purple Pork Masters
14. Blazin Buttz
15. Swamp Pit
16. Primal Meat Smokers
17. Chubby Hubby
18. Smokin Irish
19. Out of the Ashes
20. Touch of Grey
21. Pigman and the Sounders

scm1226
03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Can we not be placed next chubby hubby this year? They are to loud and party all night. They are inconsiderate individuals that don't like Jameson.

deez20
03-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Can we not be placed next chubby hubby this year? They are to loud and party all night. They are inconsiderate individuals that don't like Jameson.

HA!!!!this coming from the team that stole our generator last year.

exhorns
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Surprised to not see a "Roll Call" thread. We are inside the 30 days. Looking foward to spending the weekend holed up in a U-Haul trailer, again. Ah, Long Island BBQ. It's back.

BBQchef33
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
SOOOOOOO why havent you started the roll call???? Ahem, ahem.. :) :becky:

motoeric
03-16-2012, 05:11 PM
A quick reminder:

The Grill Scouts will be collecting food for an adjunct of Island Harvest. Please let us know if you are willing to cook and donate an extra pork butt or any leftovers. They will be onsite on Sunday to pick up the food. Thanks!

Eric

NS Mike D
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
A quick reminder:

The Grill Scouts will be collecting food for an adjunct of Island Harvest. Please let us know if you are willing to cook and donate an extra pork butt or any leftovers. They will be onsite on Sunday to pick up the food. Thanks!

Eric

Count Buenos Diaz! BBQ team in for a donation. Any special requirements for donating cooked food, or will disposable trays be sufficient?

My scout was very eager to make his dutch oven beef stew for a recent night at a church mission, so I'll ask him if he would like to do something for Island Harvest.

Westexbbq
03-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Roll Call?

I am there, not square.

MattCom
03-16-2012, 09:16 PM
A quick reminder:

Eric
Count on a butt from the OTA!

motoeric
03-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Count Buenos Diaz! BBQ team in for a donation. Any special requirements for donating cooked food, or will disposable trays be sufficient?

My scout was very eager to make his dutch oven beef stew for a recent night at a church mission, so I'll ask him if he would like to do something for Island Harvest.

Disposable trays are fine!

Thanks!

Eric

biggs98
03-17-2012, 07:43 AM
HA!!!!this coming from the team that stole our generator last year.

Dear Willie, Steve and I would like nothing more than to be placed next to Smokin Irish because they need to be taught how to consume adult beverages in a gentlemanly manner. Plus they most likely are going to need our generator. Thanks in advance Joe

timzcardz
03-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Eric, you didn't specific0ally mention but I assume that non-perishables are also being collected?

scm1226
03-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Dear Willie, Steve and I would like nothing more than to be placed next to Smokin Irish because they need to be taught how to consume adult beverages in a gentlemanly manner. Plus they most likely are going to need our generator. Thanks in advance Joe

Nice!!!

Skip
03-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Will be good to be back. Knock the rust off at a state qualifier. Always a good thing. Although this is my "Year of the Wicked Warlock". Like my sibling the Wicked Witch I too dissolve on contact with water. So you may not see much of me if it rains like last year. Hell after last years drive back from Salisbury in that rain I still wet myself when the wind blows. I think I have joint damage in my hands from gripping the wheel so tight as I crossed the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I don't think there was bloood in my hands for a solid three minutes which seemed like an eternity. My car was like a drop of water on you cars side window in the rain. "Anywhere the wind blows...." Julie looked at me at one point, in the middle of this and said.....Do you want to just find a hotel/motel? I think I snapped something like..."Can I make sure we don't die on the bridge first?!" lol

Later I thought to myself. Oh no the people at Williepalooza! I will say folks. I did smile a little saturday night as i crawled into my bed. Sorry.

Hoping to continue the Swamp Pit / BBQ Brethren ribs duel. Seems we always end up next to each other no matter the ranking. Will be great to see so many good people too. The team list has changed a bit but good people all the same. Willie gives a lot of time folks. So when he comes to your site remember to say thank you. Not that you'll get a you're welcome from the Reverend of BBQ but maybe he'll bless your meat. Hmm I wonder if his church has dietary laws that apply to the meat. Maybe, like Kosher, we should follow a strict dietary code as laid out by "The Church of Barbeque and Barley Made Pints" and its founder X. Prescott Breakstone. :)

motoeric
03-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Eric, you didn't specific0ally mention but I assume that non-perishables are also being collected?

Yes! Absolutely. The judges are being asked to bring non-perishables. If you have guests coming down that would like to contribute, they will be going to those in need.

Eric

Skip
03-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Wind from the backside
Something all may contribute
Don't inhale deeply

Westexbbq
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Yak getting ready for WP 2012.

SmokeInDaEye
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm no longer going to be able to compete but plan to come hang out one last time before the packing commences! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Is there a raffle again this year?

early mornin' smokin'
03-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Damn Clint.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bsimrn

early mornin' smokin'
03-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Trying to register on the williepallooza website and the PayPal link only brings me to the $25 chili section. Any suggestions?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?py5a3g

SmokeInDaEye
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes, enter the chili contest.

early mornin' smokin'
03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I will, since you aren't competing you can come cook it for me. Meat, produce, spices and tequila included

Sledneck
03-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Article In newsday today

Kicking off the BBQ season in Brentwood 3:47 PM By Erica Marcus

Some people look for the crocuses, others for the forsythias. But for Long Island’s barbecue community, spring’s arrival is confirmed by WilliePallooza, the first big BBQ event of the season. This year it will be held at the Brentwood VFW on April 14 and 15.

WilliePallooza is named for Long Island’s most decorated barbecue champion Will Breakstone (go to williebsbbq.com for more information on the man and his catering company). In addition to a classic four-item, Kansas City Barbecue Society-sanctioned competition, there will also be a chili contest open to anyone who agrees to make their chili on site. According to Breakstone, the definition of chili is pretty elastic. “If you call it chili,” he said, “we’ll call it chili.”

The event is a two-day affair. On Saturday, the competing teams set up their tents and smokers. At 2 p.m. Breakstone will give a master class in smoking ribs; a grilling seminar will be offered at 4 p.m. The chili judging is scheduled for 6 p.m.

On Sunday, turn-ins begin at noon with chicken. Ribs get turned in at 12:30, pulled pork at 1 p.m. and brisket at 1:30. There will also be two additional categories — hot dogs at 2 p.m. and “turn in whatever you want” at 2:30 — that will be judged but whose scores will not affect the competition for Grand Champion. The winners will be announced around 4:30 p.m.

If you’re hungry, vendors will be on hand to sell chili and the teams will usually offer up samples of whatever they’re working on. Throughout the weekend there will be raffles to benefit Breast Cancer Help, Inc. of Bay Shore.

WilliePallooza will accept entries for teams up until April 13. The fee is $200 per team to compete for BBQ only, $25 for chili only. Judges and volunteers are also needed; you'll need to sign up in advance. Find all the details and applications at williepallooza.com. This is a New York State BBQ championship. Read about last year’s results here.

The VFW Post is at 140 Wurz St., Brentwood.

Phil Rizzardi and Scott Owitz, of the team BBQ Brethren, read

SmokeInDaEye
03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Awesome! I didn't know that Will is Long Island's most decorated BBQ cook!

motoeric
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Trying to register on the williepallooza website and the PayPal link only brings me to the $25 chili section. Any suggestions?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?py5a3g

Shoot Will an email at wbreakstone1 at optonline dot net

Eric

03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
I think they consider you moved already :razz:

Sledneck
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I think they consider you moved already :razz:

it said bbq , not grilling:tongue:

boogiesnap
03-26-2012, 06:31 PM

do they have internet where you're moving? :blabla:

timzcardz
03-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Yes, he is.

Jets cap = decoration

early mornin' smokin'
03-27-2012, 08:56 AM
all signed up and paid...early mornin' smokin' will be there for chili and comp

rbsnwngs
03-27-2012, 09:04 AM
For all of the new teams singed up be please patient you will receive the official Willie Pallooza phone call explaining all the rules and regs soon
I will start making the calls April 2nd

timzcardz
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
For all of the new teams singed up . . .

Next time don't stand so close to the fire!

SmokeInDaEye
03-27-2012, 12:54 PM
For all of the new teams singed up be please patient you will receive the official Willie Pallooza phone call explaining all the rules and regs soon
I will start making the calls April 2nd

Can you call me too for old time's sake?

MikeR
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Can you call me too for old time's sake?

Only if you pay the fee. Come on man- "I'm in I'm out", which is it?

SmokeInDaEye
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm out. Can't afford it after getting 4 estimates for moving companies. Those people make a fortune!

speedrcer1
03-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I wonder if Willie's sermon on Sunday will be different now that Tebow is a Jet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd_wzs8ONWk

03-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm out. Can't afford it after getting 4 estimates for moving companies. Those people make a fortune!
cut loose some of those smokers, you'de save some money

03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Only if you pay the fee. Come on man- "I'm in I'm out", which is it?

If your in and out and actually and have to pay a fee ???
then technically is willie a prostitute ???

MikeR
03-28-2012, 05:21 AM
If your in and out and actually and have to pay a fee ???
then technically is willie a prostitute ???

If you have to ask, you don't know Wiliie.

motoeric
03-28-2012, 11:06 PM
So, who's interested in a potluck dinner?

Eric

timzcardz
03-29-2012, 06:59 AM
So, who's interested in a potluck dinner?

Eric

No time.

Everyone is going to be busy holding their tents down while also pumping water from one part of the parking lot to another!

You do realize that this IS Williepalloza, don't you? :mrgreen:

I guess we could be in for Mac-n-Cheese, but shouldn't this be in Roll Call?

Sledneck
03-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Sonic is nearby

CMALANGA
03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
If by potluck you mean through Phil some cash so he'll make pizza again, then yes, yes I would like a potluck.

motoeric
03-29-2012, 01:36 PM
No time.

Everyone is going to be busy holding their tents down while also pumping water from one part of the parking lot to another!

You do realize that this IS Williepalloza, don't you? :mrgreen:

We could do stone soup and let nature fill the pot w/ water.

Eric

WannaBeBBQueen
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM

We can always use a hand if your still interested :-D

WannaBeBBQueen
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
SO what's the TBA catagory?or is Willie calling us to fill us in?

Westexbbq
04-01-2012, 10:06 AM
SO what's the TBA catagory?or is Willie calling us to fill us in?

I think that is the chili turn in time, traditionally a moving target.:tongue:
(at least that's my best guess.....)

WannaBeBBQueen
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I think that is the chili turn in time, traditionally a moving target.:tongue:
(at least that's my best guess.....)

nope chili turn is Saturday night...so what are we turning in Sunday at 2pm...anyone???lol

early mornin' smokin'
04-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I think it's hot dogs or anything. Lol.

Team ezque is welcome at early mornin smokin also. We'll prob be swamp pits neighbors again.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ojtbpl

rbsnwngs
04-02-2012, 07:05 AM
As mentioned before in the thread the official Willie palooooza phone calls start today so all your questions will be anawered at that time

Anchors Smokeshop
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the extended forecast is already calling for wind and rain on Saturday. I know it's 2 weeks away, but I can assure you that we will have wind and rain. Every competition that I've ever competed in has had some form of severe weather. Whether it be extreme heat, torrential rain, hurricane force winds or freezing cold; you name it, if I'm competing, we'll have ****ty weather!

exhorns
04-02-2012, 11:42 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the extended forecast is already calling for wind and rain on Saturday. I know it's 2 weeks away, but I can assure you that we will have wind and rain. Every competition that I've ever competed in has had some form of severe weather. Whether it be extreme heat, torrential rain, hurricane force winds or freezing cold; you name it, if I'm competing, we'll have ****ty weather!

Stay home so the rest of us can enjoy the sunshine. Just kidding. We thought it was us. We've only done one contest with no rain, but the heat was unbearable.

deez20
04-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I won't believe that weather until we get an official sledcast.

early mornin' smokin'
04-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I'll believe it. Wouldn't be a li comp without a good rainstorm. We'll be sporting the blue condo again

Cue's Your Daddy
04-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Even if they said spotty rain, everyone knows where that spot will be, at williepalooza. Only good thing is the bar inside the VFW. Its a way to get out of the rain.

Westexbbq
04-03-2012, 09:26 AM

April showers bring May flowers.

BigBarry
04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll be bringing my 800lbs of cinder blocks I bought last year at Home Depot to hold down my car port.

Anchors Smokeshop
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
I'll be bringing my 800lbs of cinder blocks I bought last year at Home Depot to hold down my car port.

You better bring that submersible pump too!

04-04-2012, 06:28 PM
It takes 850 lb to hold down a carport...better get more:loco:

BigBarry
04-04-2012, 11:04 PM
It takes 850 lb to hold down a carport...better get more:loco:

Fark it...I'll just bring my car to hold it down and to sleep in!!

speedrcer1
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Even if they said spotty rain, everyone knows where that spot will be, at williepalooza. Only good thing is the bar inside the VFW. Its a way to get out of the rain.

That bar is scary. I almost got raped by a crack whore there last year! :-D

scm1226
04-05-2012, 04:00 PM
That bar is scary. I almost got raped by a crack whore there last year! :-D

I don't think you can call it RAPE when you pay for. Just sayin:mrgreen:

marvinkosher
04-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Wow, what a magnificent event filled with the most gracious people I have ever met! Willie...Kudos to you..great job!

hwy hawk
04-15-2012, 08:25 PM
was there for a little bit this afternoon as a spectator. loved talking to some of you and convinced I should do this. when I don't know but soon. only thing, I thought there would be some thing for spectators like food or venders.

motoeric
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
There are often food vendors at BBQ competitions, but WilliePallooza is a bit different. It's more for the teams and the public is allowed and welcome, but not the primary reason for the event.

I wish you had stopped by the Grill Scouts area! We almost always have some food somewhere and Brethren are always welcome to come under the tent and pull up a chair.

Eric

tigerpaw
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Anyone have a copy of final results for each catagory they can share with me? Not finding a listing anywhere of the results. Need for TOY tracking.

rbsnwngs
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I have the results and as soon as I am able to I will post them later tonight

Sledneck
04-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Anyone have a copy of final results for each catagory they can share with me? Not finding a listing anywhere of the results. Need for TOY tracking.

toy?

tigerpaw
04-16-2012, 03:23 PM
T - Team
O - Of
Y - Year

Teams are assigned points as to their finish for differant groups. Ga BBQ Society, Mid Atlantic BBQ, and others have their own Team of Year contest where best teams at end of year win cash of prizes. Have to be a member of their organization to earn the points at events.

Hope that helps.

Sledneck
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
T - Team
O - Of
Y - Year

Teams are assigned points as to their finish for differant groups. Ga BBQ Society, Mid Atlantic BBQ, and others have their own Team of Year contest where best teams at end of year win cash of prizes. Have to be a member of their organization to earn the points at events.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the lesson. I already knew the definition. What TOY would williepalooza belong to?

deez20
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the lesson. I already knew the definition. What TOY would williepalooza belong to?

We're you not listening to Willie during the awards? It's a sanctioned event now, MABA!

motoeric
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Maba

tigerpaw
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
toy?

I'm sorry. I thought you were asking what TOY stood for. As noted in answers given by others this event was a MABA event so any MABA teams get points to their totals.

tugbone
04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Has anybody get there individuale results yet.

timzcardz
04-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Has anybody get there individuale results yet.

I think that they're being sent first to the teams that didn't block in other teams while they were trying to leave! :razz:

It was good seeing you guys again. I guess we'll see you in Manorville next.

speedrcer1
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
This was great fun, as it is always with the local Brethren.
And thanks for the best Sledcast ever! Got any lottery numbers for me?

rbsnwngs
04-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Linda will be sending out an e mail to everyone with there final results soon sorry for the delay

hwy hawk
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Next time I'll take you up on the Invite. Hopefully I'll be competing by then. Not quite ready yet, but my son thinks we are.

snarky
04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Hey Willie, thanks again for another great competition! It was a wonderful weekend, thanks for all of your hard work!

04-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Linda will be sending out an e mail to everyone with there final results soon sorry for the delay

is the winners a secret ??

Slamdunkpro
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
is the winners a secret ??
I hope not otherwise they won't get any MABA TOY points.

Cue's Your Daddy
04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
How many teams that competed were actually MABA members?

BBQchef33
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Whats the diffrence? Hopefully. Now that ny is part of maba we will see more teams joining that association and more local contests using them. Manorville will be dual sanctioned too as will q for the troops in pa.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tigerpaw
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Once they post the standings in each catagory and overall I can give you that number. Right now I don't have it but I understand it will be posted by tomorrow.

Slamdunkpro
04-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Now that ny is part of maba we will see more teams joining that association and more local contests using them. Manorville will be dual sanctioned too as will q for the troops in pa.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

New York has always been a ToY and service state for us, we just haven't had a big presence there.

Not sure about Members competing until I see the official results. We currently only have 3 teams showing NY residency, if we get that up to 20 then we can host a MABA cup event in NY which involves CA$H!

Skip
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
How do I join?

Slamdunkpro
04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
How do I join?
http://www.mabbqa.com/join.html

boogiesnap
04-18-2012, 11:59 PM
New York has always been a ToY and service state for us, we just haven't had a big presence there.

Not sure about Members competing until I see the official results. We currently only have 3 teams showing NY residency, if we get that up to 20 then we can host a MABA cup event in NY which involves CA$H!

what if you're out of state but compete in NY? would that count towards the 20 or allow entrance to new event?

i'm in CT.

Slamdunkpro
04-19-2012, 12:47 AM
what if you're out of state but compete in NY? would that count towards the 20 or allow entrance to new event?

i'm in CT.
All MABA members are eligible for Team of the Year regardless of residency and they accrue points when they compete in any 4 meat event sanctioned by a MABA recognized body (MABA, NEBS,FBA, BBQ Brethren, KCBS, etc) held in one of our service states (DE, PA, MD, VA, WV, DC, NJ, NY). MABA cups are designated events where the highest placing MABA member team from that state is awarded the Cup. So in this case the highest placing MABA team from NY would be awarded the NY MABA cup if this was the NY state cup event.

boogiesnap
04-19-2012, 01:03 AM
All MABA members are eligible for Team of the Year regardless of residency and they accrue points when they compete in any 4 meat event sanctioned by a MABA recognized body (MABA, NEBS,FBA, BBQ Brethren, KCBS, etc) held in one of our service states (DE, PA, MD, VA, WV, DC, NJ, NY). MABA cups are designated events where the highest placing MABA member team from that state is awarded the Cup. So in this case the highest placing MABA team from NY would be awarded the NY MABA cup if this was the NY state cup event.

ah, i see.

very nice value add to membership. :thumb:

timzcardz
04-19-2012, 07:38 AM
OVERALL
Place/Team

1 BBQ Brethren
2 Bad ass
3 Gotham City Grillers
4 Out of the Ashes
5 Purple Pork Masters
6 Primal meat Smokers
7 Stubborn Bull
8 Swamp Pit
9 Chubby Hubby
10 Smokin Irish
11 Touch of Grey
12 Babylon Grill Billies
13 Grim Reaper Smokers
14 Ed-q- cators
15 Blazin Butts
16 Smoke n Barrel
17 Pigman and the Sounders
18 Buenos Diaz
19 BBQ Mafia
20 Grill Scouts
21 Mornin Wood
22 Early Mornin Smokin
23 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
24 Hog Snipers
25 Shake-N-Bake
26 Big Barry Q
27 Boss Pit Babylon

CHICKEN
Place/Team

1 BBQ Brethren
2 Gotham City Grillers
3 Touch of Grey
4 Bad ass
5 Primal meat Smokers
6 Early Mornin Smokin
7 Stubborn Bull
8 Ed-q- cators
9 Smoke n Barrel
10 Big Barry Q
11 Mornin Wood
12 Purple Pork Masters
13 Blazin Butts
14 Swamp Pit
15 Pigman and the Sounders
16 Smokin Irish
17 Out of the Ashes
18 Grim Reaper Smokers
19 Shake-N-Bake
20 Grill Scouts
21 Hog Snipers
22 Chubby Hubby
23 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
24 Babylon Grill Billies
25 Buenos Diaz
26 BBQ Mafia
27 Boss Pit Babylon

PORK RIBS
Place/Team

1 Smokin Irish
2 BBQ Brethren
3 Purple Pork Masters
4 Grim Reaper Smokers
5 Babylon Grill Billies
6 Ed-q- cators
7 Out of the Ashes
8 Buenos Diaz
9 Swamp Pit
10 Bad ass
11 Touch of Grey
12 Primal meat Smokers
13 Smoke n Barrel
14 Shake-N-Bake
15 Stubborn Bull
16 Chubby Hubby
17 Mornin Wood
18 Pigman and the Sounders
19 Blazin Butts
20 BBQ Mafia
21 Gotham City Grillers
22 Grill Scouts
23 Early Mornin Smokin
24 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
25 Hog Snipers
26 Big Barry Q
27 Boss Pit Babylon

PORK
Place/Team

1 Bad ass
2 BBQ Brethren
3 Gotham City Grillers
4 Purple Pork Masters
5 Out of the Ashes
6 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
7 Hog Snipers
8 Shake-N-Bake
9 Buenos Diaz
10 Swamp Pit
11 Primal meat Smokers
12 Stubborn Bull
13 Chubby Hubby
14 Grim Reaper Smokers
15 Ed-q- cators
16 Touch of Grey
17 Babylon Grill Billies
18 Pigman and the Sounders
19 Grill Scouts
20 Mornin Wood
21 Blazin Butts
22 BBQ Mafia
23 Smokin Irish
24 Early Mornin Smokin
25 Smoke n Barrel
26 Big Barry Q
27 Boss Pit Babylon

BRISKET
Place/Team

1 Gotham City Grillers
2 Chubby Hubby
3 Bad ass
4 Out of the Ashes
5 Primal meat Smokers
6 Blazin Butts
7 Babylon Grill Billies
8 Stubborn Bull
9 Swamp Pit
10 Smoke n Barrel
11 Smokin Irish
12 BBQ Mafia
13 BBQ Brethren
14 Purple Pork Masters
15 Pigman and the Sounders
16 Touch of Grey
17 Grim Reaper Smokers
18 Grill Scouts
19 Ed-q- cators
20 Big Barry Q
21 Buenos Diaz
22 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
23 Hog Snipers
24 Early Mornin Smokin
25 Mornin Wood
26 Boss Pit Babylon
27 Shake-N-Bake

Sledneck
04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Got chili results?

tugbone
04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
see if this works

Cue's Your Daddy
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Sledneck was robbed in chili. Not fair. :grin:. In all honesty, joe zukes green chili that came in 7th was awesome. Motoerics was phenomenal and he came in 2nd so I would have loved to taste the 1st place chili. Nice meeting you joe.
Awesome job scott on your grand championship. Carrying phil on your back again:shock:. And the boys from Bad Ass. 2 of the nicest guys out there. Hopefully the success continues. Our team was Happy for you. Way to go sled. Guess he really showed u guys everything he does. Watch out staten island.
WILLIE. Hell of a job. Amazing how much the contest grew. Williepalooza is now a corner stone of long island bbq. Real cool that you gave a thanks to Dean from grillkings. They started it for us on Long Island and that should not be forgotten.
HI SACCO.

Smokin J
04-19-2012, 12:23 PM
"Thanks" to Willie, Eric, Phil and everyone else that had a hand in putting this together. As always, we had a blast! It just keeps getting better every year!

Congrats to teams BBQ Brethren, Bad Ass & Gotham City Grillers and to all that walked!:clap:

It was great to see everyone, and to meet some new people.

Can't wait for August!

Joe Zukes
04-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Have to say that we had a great time on Saturday cookin' up some chili, it was great to see everyone.
Coming by to hang out on Sunday was a blast as well.
Think I am gonna really have to step up my game this year.

Frank Sacco
04-19-2012, 07:44 PM
:wave: H I P A U L...... :wave:

Yakfishingfool
04-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Anybody know who Ash Holes were in Chili???? Was that sled????

MilitantSquatter
04-19-2012, 08:05 PM

I thought it was a redhead Wendy Thomas

04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
good times as usual, sorry i missed
congrats to all that got recognized.....
& to all the charitable thing that were accomplished

Sledneck
04-19-2012, 11:21 PM

Yep and pauls right, I was robbed!

Westexbbq
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Interesting how my initial chili turn in cup was "lucky" number 13 and that is how my chili fared per the judges.
Hope to redeem this Sunday at the Thunder Run, weather permitting.

timzcardz
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Yep and pauls right, I was robbed!

Interesting how my initial chili turn in cup was "lucky" number 13 and that is how my chili fared per the judges.
Hope to redeem this Sunday at the Thunder Run, weather permitting.

Sled, I agree!

Wes robbed you of your birthright 13th place finish. :loco:

Sledneck
04-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Dave Thomas is screaming at the judges from his grave

CMALANGA
04-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Sledneck was robbed in chili. Not fair. :grin:. In all honesty, joe zukes green chili that came in 7th was awesome. Motoerics was phenomenal and he came in 2nd so I would have loved to taste the 1st place chili. Nice meeting you joe.
Awesome job scott on your grand championship. Carrying phil on your back again:shock:. And the boys from Bad Ass. 2 of the nicest guys out there. Hopefully the success continues. Our team was Happy for you. Way to go sled. Guess he really showed u guys everything he does. Watch out staten island.
WILLIE. Hell of a job. Amazing how much the contest grew. Williepalooza is now a corner stone of long island bbq. Real cool that you gave a thanks to Dean from grillkings. They started it for us on Long Island and that should not be forgotten.
HI SACCO.

Thank you, it was really all Sled's doing. We couldn't have been happier with the event though. No horrendous weather. It was nice actually being able to talk with people and not have to hold down a tent. Honestly, who doesn't love Wendy's chilli?

Westexbbq
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Thank you, it was really all Sled's doing. We couldn't have been happier with the event though. No horrendous weather. It was nice actually being able to talk with people and not have to hold down a tent. Honestly, who doesn't love Wendy's chilli?

I'm goin' back to Dinty Moore!:redface:

Sledneck
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
chili

1 Wet wood 
2 Grill Scouts 
3 Pigman and the Sounders 
4 Smoke n Barrel
5 Early Mornin Smokin
6 Chubby Hubby 
7 Gad Zukes - Joe 
8 Grim Reaper 
9 Chili George and the Bombers
10 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
11 BBQ Brethren 
12 Chili George and the Bombers #2
13 Wes Tech
14 Babylon Grill Billies 
15 Purple Pork Masters
16 Smokin Irish 
17 Blazin Butts 
19 Mornin Wood 
20 Swamp pit 
21 Ash Holes (Sledneck)
22 Charlie's smokey inferno - Charlie 
23 Buenos Diaz
24 Big Barry Q

Sledneck
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I got to thinking last weekend about the first williepallooza back in 2007 . Always a great time but will never be the same without nancee . These pics were of the wp 2007

BBQchef33
04-20-2012, 10:13 PM
chili

1 Wet wood
2 Grill Scouts
3 Pigman and the Sounders
4 Smoke n Barrel
5 Early Mornin Smokin
6 Chubby Hubby
7 Gad Zukes - Joe
8 Grim Reaper
9 Chili George and the Bombers
10 Good Looking Aging American Dudes
11 BBQ Brethren
12 Chili George and the Bombers #2
13 Wes Tech
14 Babylon Grill Billies
15 Purple Pork Masters
16 Smokin Irish
17 Blazin Butts
19 Mornin Wood
20 Swamp pit
21 Ash Holes (Sledneck)
22 Charlie's smokey inferno - Charlie
23 Buenos Diaz
24 Big Barry Q

11th place.. not bad for starting to cook it 50 minutes before turn-in. :tongue:

Westexbbq
04-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I have no idea who this "Wes Tech" was or is. Must be some engineering college or an IT help desk in Hyderabad,.......