PDA

View Full Version : menu help

dukes bone
01-11-2012, 03:24 PM
5 years ago i started Dukes Smokin Bone, a personal BBQ catering business. I work alone, and serve from 25 to 100 by myself, pulled pork,chicken,ribs etc.I'm coin ok but would like to do better. I'm looking for a good class to attend to help me with my menu and just kick everything up a little. Sure would like a few pointers.

BBQCookin
01-12-2012, 11:47 AM
If you're "looking for a good class to attend" I'd do some research as to what's in your area re adult/continuing education classes, local colleges that offer culinary programs, food and cooking supply stores that offer cooking courses. And of course, research what others are doing (cookbooks, restaurant and catering menus, this site). Many national BBQ celebrities offer high-end courses too.

ssbbqguy
01-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Mike Mills, Myron Mixon, Texas Rib Ranger, fellow brethern Jeff Brinker all have excellent classes that would expand your thoughts in a positive way. Forgive me on others that I didn't mention, but the ones listed above are great.Steve.

Jacked UP BBQ
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
You probably dont need a class, just do your homework. Explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe someone here will help you get on the right path.