View Full Version : Insurance

phil c
01-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this , so mods please move if nessasary.
We are considering doing some BBQ vending and catering this year. We have been talking to our agent, but are wondering what others use for ins. coverage and costs.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks, Phil

01-07-2012, 10:36 AM
search the net.. there are alot of companies that offer event insurance at great prices.

phil c
01-07-2012, 12:14 PM
search the net.. there are alot of companies that offer event insurance at great prices.

Exactly! there are alot of companies, some good some not so much. I'm trying to get info on options, whole year /event, good or bad companies, what coverages are needed, ect.
Believe me I've been searching and the more I search the more confused I get!
Any real world advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Phil

01-07-2012, 04:30 PM
IMHO, this is a case where real live customer service is essential in the event you would have a claim. Talk to your insurance agent where you have other policies or a local independent agent to discuss your needs and budget.

smokin joe's and son
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Talk to your local agent. I recently talked to my insurance agent who covers my house and cars. He quoted a policy for me with $1 million coverage with sales under $10,000 (yearly) for $380 per year.

01-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Mine is through Nationwide it is full coverage on my truck and trailer and 1 million in liability coverage. Costs me around $1000 per year.

phil c
01-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Our State farm agent quoted us around $300 for a $1M Liability policy but did say that that wouldnt cover Someone cliaming food poisoning. She recomends we check with a different carrier for more of a resturant type policy.
What do Carny wagons at fairs carry?

02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
We just checked into insurance with our State Farm Agent and she said we needed two years of coverage before they could cover our concession trailer needs.

A shoppin we will go...

02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Your insurance underwriter may want you to register the vehicle you are pulling your, cooker and trailer under your LLC or Corporation.