PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment BBQ Cookoff 4 A Cure-Hatfield PA

christiner
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
3rd Annual Cookoff 4 a Cure. Saturday, June 9, 2012. Hatfield, PA
Free Case of Ribs to all Registered Teams. (1 case per team) courtesy of Hatfield Meats--Last year the ribs were St. Louis Style.
Register and for more information visit www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com) or call 215-393-3611 or cell at 267-249-8372.
Horseshoe Tournament with this event as well! Tons of Food, Entertainment and fun for the whole family! This is not a KCBS sanctioned event, but we do follow modified rules. Cash prizes and trophy to top teams. 3 categories Ribs, Chicken, Chef's Choice.
$15.00 will also get you a souvenir mug for all you can drink beverage (including beer and soda) ! Over 22 teams competed last year---Great Time!!!!!!
Benefits the Delaware Valley Chapter of The National Hemophilia Foundation ----help the kids with bleeding disorders find a cure!

christiner
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Follow us on Facebook---look up BBQ Cookoff 4 A Cure!

christiner
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
3 teams registered for the cookoff! Call today and register to save your spot for the cookoff and guarantee your free case of ribs! See you in June....register at www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com)

christiner
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Check out our newly designed logo which will appear on the Mugs for all you can drink beverage (including soda and beer)! www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com)

kihrer
01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
3 teams registered for the cookoff! Call today and register to save your spot for the cookoff and guarantee your free case of ribs! See you in June....register at www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com)

I am registered and I am looking forward to the event. It's a great cause and right next door to me.

butt head
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
we will be their :thumb:

christiner
02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
See you there Butthead BBQ...Glad you are coming back!!!!

kihrer
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
See you there Butthead BBQ...Glad you are coming back!!!!

I registered and paid online but I received a form in the mail Do you need me to fill that out and send it back?

christiner
02-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Welcome back Philly Blind Pig BBQ! See you in June! Glad you are part of the competition again!

BurninTree BBQ
02-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Burning Tree BBQ will be there again. Check going out this week

christiner
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome again Smoke and Mirrors! Glad to have you back! G

zombie barbecue2
02-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Zombie Barbecue just paid online. Looking forward to it. Burning Tree and Philly Blind Pig, Don't forget about the Woodford Reserve!!!!!!!

nrok2118
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Wow this is soooo close I think I may have to give it a shot....Ive never competed before but want to try. So for $150 all members get admission and we get a case of ribs? Than we provide the other meats...is there a rules FAQs?

zombie barbecue2
02-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow this is soooo close I think I may have to give it a shot....Ive never competed before but want to try. So for $150 all members get admission and we get a case of ribs? Than we provide the other meats...is there a rules FAQs?

We did it last year and it was a great time. We brought our ribs and chicken already trimmed. They will hold your case of ribs in a freezer/cooler and you can pick them up at the end of the comp when you are ready to leave. It's for a great cause and a good time. Maybe we'll see you there.

christiner
02-10-2012, 10:43 AM

We would love to have you at the comp! Yes, all for $150 you get into the comp (up to 7 team members) and we feed you! For an additional $15.00 you can buy a mug for all you can drink beverage of beer or soda! Check out the website for FAQ's , we follow modified KCBS rules ! Email me at christiner@hemophiliasupport.org with any questions and would be happy to help!!!

christiner
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Welcome back Zombie BBQ Team! Glad you are joining us again!!! We also welcome BBQCUTIES Team too! It's gonna be a great comp! Pray for no rain this year!!

christiner
02-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Welcome Back Brisket Burners!! And for those of you who are wondering about the ribs, you will get the full case the morning of the event courtesy of Hatfield Meats!! You can use them for the comp or take them home, it is up to you! We use modified KCBS rules, see website for additional details or email me at christiner@hemophiliasupport.org! First 30 teams get the ribs ---get em while they last!

HawgNationBBQ
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Too bad, we would have loved to be there. Sonís graduation that day. Thatís one I know I could not pull off. Next year for sure.

christiner
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
A HUGE Thank you to HATFIELD MEATS!!! They are donating the cases of ribs for the teams! We will have a refrigerated truck this year, so when you pull up, you will be given your ribs right away!!! Oh and another thing-----we have a DUNK Tank this year!!! Now who is in for a pitmaster dunk competition?

BurninTree BBQ
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Dunk tank= Tom Bera

kihrer
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Dunk tank= Tom Bera

One plus for Tom:heh:

christiner
02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Welcome back to all the teams and a few new teams ----Better than Bacon came on today! 14 teams down, 14 cases of ribs gone!! Who is next in line to reserve their case of ribs, get em while they last! email me if you plan on coming and would like us to reserve a spot but just dont have the cash today! We take credit cards too!

christiner
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
3rd Annual Cookoff 4 a Cure. Saturday, June 9, 2012. Hatfield, PA
Free Case of Ribs to all Registered Teams. (1 case per team) courtesy of Hatfield Meats--Last year the ribs were St. Louis Style.
Register and for more information visit www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com) or call 215-393-3611 or cell at 267-249-8372.
Horseshoe Tournament with this event as well! Tons of Food, Entertainment and fun for the whole family! This is not a KCBS sanctioned event, but we do follow modified rules. Cash prizes and trophy to top teams. 3 categories Ribs, Chicken, Chef's Choice.
$15.00 will also get you a souvenir mug for all you can drink beverage (including beer and soda) ! Over 22 teams competed last year---Great Time!!!!!!
Benefits the Delaware Valley Chapter of The National Hemophilia Foundation ----help the kids with bleeding disorders find a cure!
Call Today to reserve your spot for the free case of ribs! Cases are going quick!

christiner
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey Teams, Get your registration in for the Cookoff---Free Cases of Ribs and a chance to win 4 Phillies Tickets!!!! You dont want to miss this event!!!

christiner
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome to Wilburs Revenge BBQ Pitmasters/Famous Daves! We are glad you can join us and looking forward to meeting you!

IF your not signed up, sign up as soon as possible to be guaranteed your case of ribs!!!

BBQ Bandit
03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
OK... I'm in.

tdwalker
03-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Still thinking about it. It would be our first ever.

christiner
03-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Yesterday The BBQ Bandit and WIlburs Revenge BBQ Team joined the ranks for our cookoff! WHOOT WHOOT, its getting hot !!!

christiner
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome ABOARD Smoke or Be Smoked Competition BBQ Team! Looking forward to meeting you!

zombie barbecue2
03-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I also vote for Tom Bera in the Dunk Tank!!!

christiner
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Spaces are filling up! Register or email me today if you are interested in competing at www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com) or christiner@hemophiliasupport.org. You dont want to miss this one--Free CASE of St. Louis Style Ribs to each team upon arrival---you can keep em, cook em, eat em!! WE dont care just take em!

tomnstac
03-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Seeing Tom Bera in a dunk tank might make us be there!!! We are working the calander, but Christmas City BBQ may be there! Great event for an even better cause. Anyone remotely close to this one should sign up. We'll let you know soon.

Disconnect
03-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Still got ribs? We have it tentatively in the calendar but the wife was volunteered to work the "Lawyers Have Heart" run the same day :/ She's still trying to get out of that.

christiner
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey Folks: The Coolest raffle prizes to date! 4 tickets to the Phillies Aug 29th game, An Electric Red Stag Guitar from Jim Beam and a huge cooler in the shape of a basketball full of cheer!!!!! $5.00 for one ticket or $20.00 for 5 tickets! This is just a few of the items we are going to have on hand and each BBQ Team will receive their own little bag of goodies including an awesome first aid kid!!!!

Goddahavit
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
All I can say, is the phillies tickets from last year were great seats, my daughter and i enjoyed the game!! And the grill, he he.....

This is a fun comp for sure, but i may have to limit my endless mug this year, lol..:doh:

zombie barbecue2
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
It seemed that you did pretty well with the endless mug. Wish you guys were going to Go Naked tomorrow. It's a good time. When is your first comp?

Chris
Zombie Barbecue

All I can say, is the phillies tickets from last year were great seats, my daughter and i enjoyed the game!! And the grill, he he.....

This is a fun comp for sure, but i may have to limit my endless mug this year, lol..:doh:

christiner
04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Still room at the bbq cookoff!!! Sign up today before they fill up

christiner
05-17-2012, 03:50 PM
5 spots remain for the BBQ Cookoff 4 a Cure!!! register online at www.bbqcookoff4acure.com (http://www.bbqcookoff4acure.com) or email me at christiner@hemophiliasupport.org. Free Case of Ribs to all participants!

christiner
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
4 SPOTS REMAIN FOR THE BBQ COOKOFF! 26 teams registered! Sign up this week or email me to reserve your spot!!!!!

Sledneck
05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Should be more competitions like this. Seems like many folks are more concerned with contests getting enough teams to be qualifiers lately.

Goddahavit
05-21-2012, 11:09 AM
you going to come for a day? sled?

This is for a great cause, and its fun to boot!!

Sledneck
05-21-2012, 11:14 AM
you going to come for a day? sled?

This is for a great cause, and its fun to boot!!
I would love to but it's sons graduation

christiner
05-24-2012, 08:29 PM
2 spots remain!!! Email me to be guaranteed a Free case of ribs!!! I can hold your spot!

christiner
05-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Still got ribs? We have it tentatively in the calendar but the wife was volunteered to work the "Lawyers Have Heart" run the same day :/ She's still trying to get out of that.

we still have ribs!!! I can save your spot if you can make it! Would love to have you guys there ."...let me know as we are running out email christiner@hemophiliasupport.org

christiner
06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I have one more spot for the bbq cookoff for a team! You can pay me the morning of the event, but i need to know if anyone is interested in the slot!!! We remeasured --have one space left! Call me at 267-249-8372...cell

HawgNationBBQ
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Wish I could but I have my sonís graduation party that day. Would not go over real well.

Fornia
06-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Psychedelic Smoke BBQ is looking forward to it!

Heard nothing but great things about this one.

Red Valley BBQ
06-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Any results to be posted?

Goddahavit
06-10-2012, 01:17 PM
GC Christmas city
rgc fins finest
3rd famous daves
4 psychadelic smoke
5 brisket burners
6 max que
7 fire & Spice
8 smoke or be smoked
9 shady crew bbq
10 must be smoking something
11 the barbecuties
12 late night hoggers
13 porkmeister bbq
14 better than bacon
15 dark side bbq
16 phillie blind pig
17 burning tree
18 pj's bbq
19 zombie bbq
20 the bbq beer buddies
21 engineered smoke
22 smoke & Mirrors
23 hollywood n swine
24 butthead bbq
25 shooters bbq
26 ihrer's fire
27 smokin bandits
28 philadelphia sports hall of fame
29 bubba's barbecue
30 founding fathers bbq
31 flavor file bbq
32 post bbq
33 the bbq bandit

butt head
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
GC Christmas city
rgc fins finest
3rd famous daves
4 psychadelic smoke
5 brisket burners
6 max que
7 fire & Spice
8 smoke or be smoked
9 shady crew bbq
10 must be smoking something
11 the barbecuties
12 late night hoggers
13 porkmeister bbq
14 better than bacon
15 dark side bbq
16 phillie blind pig
17 burning tree
18 pj's bbq
19 zombie bbq
20 the bbq beer buddies
21 engineered smoke
22 smoke & Mirrors
23 hollywood n swine
24 butthead bbq
25 shooters bbq
26 ihrer's fire
27 smokin bandits
28 philadelphia sports hall of fame
29 bubba's barbecue
30 founding fathers bbq
31 flavor file bbq
32 post bbq
33 the bbq bandit

I was told correct results would be sent monday. Not sure we will go back after watching a kcbs cbj doing shots of moonshine with teams 2 hour before turnins start.

Fornia
06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Had a great time....great event for this charity.

Learned a valuable lesson....when there are free ribs, make sure to bring some....that are thawed! Ha! That's totally our fault, not the contest. D'oh!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
06-10-2012, 04:59 PM
congrats too all how walked! Christmas City can cook! WTG!

HawgNationBBQ
06-10-2012, 06:31 PM
.......after watching a kcbs cbj doing shots of moonshine with teams 2 hour before turnins start.

Seriously?

zombie barbecue2
06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey Eric, How did you get the true results?

HawgNationBBQ
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Congrats to all who walked.

butt head
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Seriously?
unfurtunetly yes

Kit R
06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
unfurtunetly yes You could say it's not a KCBS sanctioned comp, but if that is true then it's so not in the spirit of objective judging. If I witnessed such a thing I'd be very disappointed and not inclined to return to said event in the future.

BBQ Bandit
06-10-2012, 08:21 PM
LOL - DAL :thumb:

Knew that had my name on it... in advance.

Only turned in 2 of the 3 categories.

BurninTree BBQ
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
It was good to meet you Bandit. The salmon was awesome

Goddahavit
06-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey Eric, How did you get the true results?

lets just say i was getting the most out of the endless mug. lol...
i was there until late.

they tried, and it was an honest mistake, it should be more about the charity than the win, just my opinion...

talk them into a brethren or maba event, hate to see the charity loose money to kcbs.....
people need to remember the cause..

bandit great to see you again, and meet shooters bbq and more..
things can only bond people like a great cause.

Thanks, Eric.

Goddahavit
06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Had a great time....great event for this charity.

Learned a valuable lesson....when there are free ribs, make sure to bring some....that are thawed! Ha! That's totally our fault, not the contest. D'oh!

not your fault, last year they were fresh, to the point of needing frozen.

i got lucky and got them the night before took quite a wile to defrost them, but apparently they were tasty!
i did let you know as soon as i could...
congrats, your on quite a chicken roll, and nice finish!

BurninTree BBQ
06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Eric it was good to see you again. Congrats on the call and your overall finish

Goddahavit
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Eric it was good to see you again. Congrats on the call and your overall finish

Thanks, although it was late for me to turn in friday night, ha ha...

how did the mojo work for you?

christiner
06-10-2012, 09:28 PM
I was told correct results would be sent monday. Not sure we will go back after watching a kcbs cbj doing shots of moonshine with teams 2 hour before turnins start.

This is not a KCBS sanctioned event. You would think that a KCBS judge would know the rules but didn't. We cannot stop behavior but we can correct it which we did. When we were told about it we addressed the problem and informed you that the problem was corrected. That judge was reprimanded and will not be permitted back again. Sorry you feel that way but problems occur and we did our best to address it. I would ask that you not look down on our event for something and someone that was out of our control.
Sincerely
Christine

Fornia
06-11-2012, 08:02 AM
not your fault, last year they were fresh, to the point of needing frozen.

i got lucky and got them the night before took quite a wile to defrost them, but apparently they were tasty!
i did let you know as soon as i could...
congrats, your on quite a chicken roll, and nice finish!

Yes. Thanks Eric....for tipping us off on the rib! Appreciate it.

Lots of rib practice for us now....to work through the case. ;)

Thanks for the kind words....the bird has been good to us in our 2 times out this year. We need to keep that rolling for DC in 2 weeks....perhaps to challenge some muffin pan chicken!? Haha! We can dream
I guess!

butt head
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
This is not a KCBS sanctioned event. You would think that a KCBS judge would know the rules but didn't. We cannot stop behavior but we can correct it which we did. When we were told about it we addressed the problem and informed you that the problem was corrected. That judge was reprimanded and will not be permitted back again. Sorry you feel that way but problems occur and we did our best to address it. I would ask that you not look down on our event for something and someone that was out of our control.
Sincerely
Christine

Christine, You are absolutly right and i apoligize to you and your team it is a great cause and we will always try to support you in this. I should have stepped back and let the image of that ^&* go away.