PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Lakeland FL, Jan 27 & 28

Redheart
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
OK it's PigFest time!

Who all will be there besides myself?
Who is vending this event as well as competing, besides myself?

Stop by and visit for a brew and Q, at 'Life Of Brine'! Look for the Brethren Banner.

Hope to see a lot of you down there.

Rub
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Swamp Boys are in, competing and vending. Prolly our biggest vending weekend of the year. I predict an achy back.

See you there!

Ford
01-05-2012, 08:51 PM
We will be there vending and competing.

Sledneck
01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I will be there as crackers pit beotch. Part of a bet he and I had from the jets/pittsburgh championship game in 2010 which I obviously lost.

Tarheel
01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
:sad: We won't make it this year. With the cost of fuel, the increase in entry fee, and moving the pros around we decided to take a break from it. We have been coming down there for the past 5 or 6 years but it is just getting to be a little too expensive for doing just one contest. Good luck to everyone and we will miss it for sure.

Roy, Gay, & Champ

RubMeTender
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Swamp Boys are in, competing and vending. Prolly our biggest vending weekend of the year. I predict an achy back.

See you there!

Basically exactly the same here. Love heading out to Lakeland. It'll be good to see everyone.

RubMeTender
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
:sad: We won't make it this year. With the cost of fuel, the increase in entry fee, and moving the pros around we decided to take a break from it. We have been coming down there for the past 5 or 6 years but it is just getting to be a little too expensive for doing just one contest. Good luck to everyone and we will miss it for sure.

Roy, Gay, & Champ

What exactly are they doing as far as the new site layout?

Bavarian Smoke
01-06-2012, 04:51 PM
We are going to be on vacation in Naples and we are going to drive up to see the contest. We are a Michigan Team.

Bavarian Smoke BBQ
Frankenmuth,MI

Ford
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM
We are going to be on vacation in Naples and we are going to drive up to see the contest. We are a Michigan Team.

Bavarian Smoke BBQ
Frankenmuth,MI

Look us up be good to see you. Come saturday and you help with my entries. Can use good help from 11: 30 to 1: 30.

Slamdunkpro
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I'll be there cookin with Jack's Old South

WhiskeyBentBBQ
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
We will be there competing and vending. We upped our Friday night entertainment budget and went with a DJ. It should be fun!

sfisch
01-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Bavarian Smoke BBQ
Frankenmuth,MI

Richard,
Make sure you and Lori help Ford out, take good notes at chicken time! Really jealous that you can cook a comp in January! Watch out for those Whiskeybent boys!!
Best of luck Ford.

smalls65
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
The SmokeHouse Bandits will be there....competing only...It'll be our 1st time cookin Lakeland...lookin forward to it!!! :thumb:

Redheart
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing all you down there. Please stop by and say hello. Due to some late work conflicts looks like I will be on my own, so PLEASE come by to visit as it looks like I will be tied to my site. Gotta figure out how I will compete and vend as a solo. Will have to limit my menu or I may have to give up vending altogether just to survive.

Rub
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a big upgrade from the mic box Chad. Looking forward to it.

Mike - CSBBBQ
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Will arrive Thursday :-D Safe travels everyone!

bxmartin
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Not competing in this one, but I am flying down from Maryland to judge! Looking forward to it.

Hot Wachulas
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
What exactly are they doing as far as the new site layout?

They switched the backyard and pro sides. Dont ask me why.

smokincracker
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I will be there as crackers pit beotch. Part of a bet he and I had from the jets/pittsburgh championship game in 2010 which I obviously lost.

Yeopppp bring your yankee country ass down here buddy...I got some boxes for you to be to be building

rksylves
01-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Looks like I don't have much of anything to do on that weekend. Probably swing by just to walk around and drink some beers unless anyone needs a DB or runner.

Russ

Ford
01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Looks like I don't have much of anything to do on that weekend. Probably swing by just to walk around and drink some beers unless anyone needs a DB or runner.

Russ

Russ I can certainly use a runner and help with comp stuff Saturday morning. Vending takes all Carolyn's time even with vending helpers.

RubMeTender
01-10-2012, 07:25 AM
We will be there competing and vending. We upped our Friday night entertainment budget and went with a DJ. It should be fun!

Uh oh.....

Rick Hamilton
01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Will get there on Thursday late afternoon. Was debating if I would be in Lakeland this year but decided I needed to go as this is a great contest.

RubMeTender
01-10-2012, 07:27 AM
They switched the backyard and pro sides. Dont ask me why.

Thats an easy one.....BECAUSE THEY CAN. Doesn't seem like it'll make any difference. As long as the main vending area stays the same, I'll be ok.

Sledneck
01-10-2012, 08:30 AM

Russ

Russ I can certainly use a runner and help with comp stuff Saturday morning. Vending takes all Carolyn's time even with vending helpers.

Russ , you'd be a fool if you didn't do it. Jump on it

Sledneck
01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeopppp bring your yankee country ass down here buddy...I got some boxes for you to be to be building

No problem, be for warned if you turn around and I'm missing you can find me in a strip mall on south Florida avenue eating bait

rksylves
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Ford, you're on. Let me know what time you want me there and I'll be at your doorstep. You just tell what you need done and it's done.

Tell you what, I'll find you this weekend at Ft. Pierce and we can discuss.

Russ

Ford
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
No problem, be for warned if you turn around and I'm missing you can find me in a strip mall on south Florida avenue eating bait
What's the name of that place? We forgot and Carolyn wants to go.

Ford
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Ford, you're on. Let me know what time you want me there and I'll be at your doorstep. You just tell what you need done and it's done.

Tell you what, I'll find you this weekend at Ft. Pierce and we can discuss.

Russ

Sounds good Russ.

Sledneck
01-10-2012, 07:29 PM
What's the name of that place? We forgot and Carolyn wants to go.

http://www.facebook.com/GoshAsianBistro?sk=app_4949752878

RubMeTender
01-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Uh oh.....

Just got the bad news that with the new layout, we won't be back to back with the Whiskey Bent crew this year. What a terrible year to miss out on a DJ until 1am.

fullyinvolved
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM
We will be there! Looking forward to it.. Will be our first time at Pigfest.:-D

WhiskeyBentBBQ
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Just got the bad news that with the new layout, we won't be back to back with the Whiskey Bent crew this year. What a terrible year to miss out on a DJ until 1am.

Come on over any time, we will even allow you to make a request as long as it isn't between 6p-7p which is strictly dedicated to Hall & Oates or 9p - 10p due to it being reserved for classic 80's power ballads!

RubMeTender
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Come on over any time, we will even allow you to make a request as long as it isn't between 6p-7p which is strictly dedicated to Hall & Oates or 9p - 10p due to it being reserved for classic 80's power ballads!

Well all of my requested songs would already be playing between 6p-7p anyway, so that works out perfectly. Play Rich Girl when the girl with the short skirt and camo jacket comes by.

Redheart
01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
I also signed up for the Judging class on Thursday. Hoping it might put me on the next level up with my competition Q. Anyone know who is cooking for the class?

Rub
01-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Usually they invite the previous year's backyard gc to cook for the judge's class.

Sent from the Swamp-Droid

RubMeTender
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Just got a look at the new layout. Basically this just went from one of our best vending competitions to "not so much". Every year we've been, the area where the new backyard vending is, is like a ghost town. Not sure why the change, but I know where people flow in, and this isn't it.

Redheart
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Just got a look at the new layout. Basically this just went from one of our best vending competitions to "not so much". Every year we've been, the area where the new backyard vending is, is like a ghost town. Not sure why the change, but I know where people flow in, and this isn't it.

Where are you getting the layout from? I searched their site and didn't find it.

RubMeTender
01-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Where are you getting the layout from? I searched their site and didn't find it.

They sent an email yesterday to all of the teams with the site layout and information. It should be attached to this comment now.

Redheart
01-17-2012, 08:00 AM
They sent an email yesterday to all of the teams with the site layout and information. It should be attached to this comment now.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard anything from them except after initiating questions about power. Guess I will have to give them a shout or drop an email to them today.

Anything else of import that I am missing out on?

Willie's Smokehouse
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Anything else of import that I am missing out on?

Yea Marc, have lots of beer and Crown Royal!!!!!!

BKBBQ
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Lang bbq smokers will be there Thursday evening.our first lakeland experience will be vending firerings and grills if you need anything let me know.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
01-23-2012, 10:58 PM
We will be hosting a low country boil on Thursday night around 8 PM at our trailer. If you plan on joining us, let me know so we have enough. If you would like to bring something, please feel free to do so. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Ford
01-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Carolyn and I are in. Not sure what we will bring.

Sledneck
01-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Oh man wish I would of booked an earlier flight. See y'all fri morn

Ford
01-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Slight change. I'll be there but Carolyn is taking the judging class.

Slamdunkpro
01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
For those coming, I'll have a few brisket slicers with me if anyone wants a test drive. Come see me at Jack's Old South if interested.

RubMeTender
01-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Lang bbq smokers will be there Thursday evening.our first lakeland experience will be vending firerings and grills if you need anything let me know.

Well come by and see us. We've been only using Lang's since the beginning for competitions and we use an 84 at our restaurant. We'll have two 84's out at Lakeland this weekend.

RubMeTender
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
We will be hosting a low country boil on Thursday night around 8 PM at our trailer. If you plan on joining us, let me know so we have enough. If you would like to bring something, please feel free to do so. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Only if it's sponsored by Palm Ridge Reserve.......