PDA

View Full Version : Bash V has Begun

BrooklynQ
06-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Pre Bash has begun...

Just spent the afternoon with Mary, Chad and Bruce chopping onions, peppers, tomatoes, tasting rubs and cooking some steak and sauage. Poor Sharon was cleaning the house for the brethren. I say let it stay dirty, it's gonna be a lot worse when this is over!

See you guys over the weekend.

brucesieg
06-23-2005, 09:27 PM
rob is right bash may have begun one night early, right now im at home drinking shots of 100 proof anisette to wash down the sausage and meat i ate tonight. just an appetizer of whats going to happen over the next few days. and by the way for the boys arriving tomorrow phil already has horrible gas (pre-chili), could you imagine after a few bowls of some powerful chili. the fun has begun see you illinois boys 11-1130 sharp tomorrow at islip. will be driving a white lincoln

BrooklynQ
06-23-2005, 09:36 PM
First product endorsement from Bash V....

John Henty's Wild Cherry Chipotle Rub

"The great flavor of smoked cherry with a rich smoker–dried jalapeno flavor. Very good on pork, poultry or fish."

I picked this up on my trip to TX back in May and this was the first time I opened it. Excellent right out of the jar. I can't wait to taste it on meat. I'd like to try it on a butt or brisket. It may be too sweet for me on ribs. Phil's already told me that I'm not getting this stuff back.

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/Description.asp?prod_id=113

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/products/NewItems/wildcherry.gif

tommykendall
06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Next meal is chili tomorrow at noon

You better hope Mary has it ready by noon. Jealous mod nonetheless. Have a bowl for me.

Ron_L
06-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Is there a webcam schedule, or will it be running all the time?

tommykendall
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Is there a webcam schedule, or will it be running all the time?

In the past it usually runs pretty much throughout daylight and into the early evening hours.

BBQchef33
06-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Webcam is up.

To join in, Startup yahoo messenger. Install it from here http://messenger.yahoo.com/?i=1 if you need too.

Add BBQCHEF33 to your buddy list.

Click on the "view my Webcam" next to BBQChef33.

parrothead
06-24-2005, 05:17 AM
to wash down the sausage and meat i ate tonight.

It doesn't compare to the amount of sausage you will be eating tonight.

parrothead
06-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Leaving right now.

rbsnwngs
06-24-2005, 08:02 AM
i want to come now

Jorge
06-24-2005, 08:09 AM
i want to come now

Don't forget to ask if the ribs are done yet when you get there. 8)

Trout_man22
06-24-2005, 08:18 AM
i want to come now

Don't forget to ask if the ribs are done yet when you get there. 8)

I hear he likes that :roll:

jt
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Bash camera seems washed out. Anybody online up there?

BrooklynQ
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
At least Phil's not showing his ass

Jorge
06-24-2005, 09:14 AM
They are farking with food....talk about your out of whack priorities....

tommykendall
06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Another hour and the next rash of farkers will arrive. The ILFOs and the MOFOs

Jorge
06-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Another hour and the next rash of farkers will arrive. The ILFOs and the MOFOs

Did you remember to send the mustard for Bill and Greg?

tommykendall
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
All ribs this year shall be slathered in French's mustard, membrane in tact, then heavily salt and peppered in honor of unka Pete. It's a new thing ya know.

tommykendall
06-24-2005, 09:48 AM
WAKE UP YOU BASHERS

Mark
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Pre Bash has begun...

Just spent the afternoon with Mary, Chad and Bruce chopping onions, peppers, tomatoes, tasting rubs and cooking some steak and sauage. Poor Sharon was cleaning the house for the brethren. I say let it stay dirty, it's gonna a lot worse when this is over!

See you guys over the weekend.

As you know Robert; I tried. It wasn't in the cards. Plus, I probably woulda had to assume the role of designated driver for all you drunk-ass farkheads.

tommykendall
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Plus, I probably woulda had to assume the role of designated driver for all you drunk-ass farkheads.

No one drives at the Bash. We just walk in the house, to the yard or the traaiillleeerr.

jt
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Plus, I probably woulda had to assume the role of designated driver for all you drunk-ass farkheads.

No one drives at the Bash. We just walk in the house, to the yard or the traaiillleeerr.
unless you want to go visit the nuclear plant and ask for a tour

Mark
06-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Webcam is up.

To join in, Startup yahoo messenger. Install it from here http://messenger.yahoo.com/?i=1 if you need too.

Add BBQCHEF33 to your buddy list.

Click on the "view my Webcam" next to BBQChef33.

It works. Do I get my nerd merit badge now?

The_Kapn
06-24-2005, 10:48 AM
What's the Blue thingie covering part of the webcam?
Just curious :lol:
TIM

jt
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
yes, inquiring minds want to know

And want it moved! :D

Jorge
06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Don't ask/don't tell mod....

jt
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
kinda looks like everything but the Moab and the BYC have been shoved into the corner

jt
06-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Is that a can of lighter fluid behind Greg? :twisted:

brdbbq
06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Don't see chit but it might be the firewall

Mark
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Greggrolling a joint (it looks like) and bill drinking a MGD. Yup, party has begun.

jt
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Webcam down?

The_Kapn
06-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Webcam down?
NAW,
They just all went to McDonald's for supper :lol: :lol:
TIM

tommykendall
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey Tim - aren't you supposed to be there? Did I miss something?

Jorge
06-24-2005, 02:28 PM
or made a beer run for more schaefer....All Shiner all the time on my broadcast.

Jorge
06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Somebody get some sunscreen on ChiBill before he has to change his name to Lobsterman!

The_Kapn
06-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey Tim - aren't you supposed to be there? Did I miss something?
I was gonna....
Got OBE--need to control schedule better next year :twisted:

Glad Chad has his hat on finally.
"Glare" was washing out the webcam :lol: :lol:

TIM

jt
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Webcam down?
NAW,
They just all went to McDonald's for supper :lol: :lol:
TIM
St louis boys stopped at Hardees about an hour out of Greg's last year. We were eating ribs :P

BigBelly
06-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Have fun fellers' and enjoy the jerky!

chargriller
06-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Is the web cam on at a special time, I just added BBQChef33 to my buddy list but no one showing online.

roknrandy
06-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Rob, They shut it down at 12 lastnight and they are back on now.

chargriller
06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Great, I see them now.

Jorge
06-25-2005, 12:14 PM
web cam withdrawals.....

chargriller
06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
yep :D

If you can't be there you just have to watch I guess. :lol:

Jorge
06-25-2005, 12:25 PM
that would be great if they had the camera up

chargriller
06-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I wish someone would tell them to plug it back in. :)

Then the home viewers can enjoy also.

icemn62
06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I wish someone would tell them to plug it back in. :)

Then the home viewers can enjoy also.

Try being stuck at work and inable to see the webcam thru the IT Nazi's firewall.

Jorge
06-25-2005, 03:55 PM
members online just doesn't look the same without Willkat98 there while he sun is up.....you post counting farkers better get after it...Bill only gives you a couple of days a year to make up the ground.

Ron_L
06-25-2005, 05:52 PM
The number of new posts is way down, too!

What's up with the web cam? I came in from doing yard work and its not on...

Ron_L
06-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Never mind...

Its back...

I'm better now...

Carl
06-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks like you guys are having fun!

kcquer
06-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Having a great time, about to have abt's, armidillo eggs, brisket, butt, ribs, dino bonz......

Last nights, prime rib and cheesy bread will be hard to top, I think we'll manage :wink:

MrSmoker
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Having a great time, about to have abt's, armidillo eggs, brisket, butt, ribs, dino bonz......

Last nights, prime rib and cheesy bread will be hard to top, I think we'll manage :wink:You Farkers are killin' us out here,turn the camera back on so we can see all that food before it's gone :roll:

dapittboss
06-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Wish I was there.

BrooklynQ
06-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Yo su do boss

MrSmoker
06-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Web Cam is on this mourning

Solidkick
06-26-2005, 08:27 AM
I hung out with them online for a couple of hours on Saturday. Hornbri in CA and me in MO, drinkin' beers together. Next thing I know, I've emptied the fridge of beer, and looking for someplace to lay down. I never made it back online.....I'm such a puss........

Thanks for the cam feed, guys.

Ron_L
06-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah... The web cam was nice. The audio added a nice touch, altough I had to keep the volume down at times... :D

I didn't hang out as much as I would have liked to due to family stuff...

Gotta get my priorities straight!

roknrandy
06-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Cam fed is nice :D ....I can't get audio working without locking up my system :cry: There were a few non-pork butt shots :shock: :shock: that made me almost sick. It looks like everyone was having a good time.

brdbbq
06-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Volume down at times when have been a good idea Oh Well no Banana Cream for awhile. :oops:

Jorge
06-26-2005, 11:32 PM
My thanks to everyone at the Bash. I had a blast watching and listening this weekend. Greg your commentary was outstanding and greatly appreciated....so much so that I'll absorb the cost of monitor and keyboard after spewing the beverage of the moment now and again. Phil is the ultimate host...and now I know better than to ask if the ribs are done yet....I'm just grateful I wasn't there to get the response in person. Thanks again!

kcquer
06-27-2005, 05:56 AM
Phil is the ultimate host...

Understatement of the century! My most sincere thanks to Phil and Sharon for their most gracious hospitality.
Thanks to Bruce for the lift to Phil's from the airport.
Thanks to Chad for his pitbitch efforts over the weekend, you did a great job Brother.
Thanks to all the Brethren who joined in the festivities in person or via yahoo. The spirit of comraderie and fellowship with similarly afflicted Q head made Bash V a truly memorable event.
Phil, the food was farkin' amazing.

chad
06-27-2005, 06:19 AM
It was, indeed, a great weekend!

We continued the tradition of no carbs or veggies (except beer and jalapenos) until late Sat. night when we finally cut open a couple of pineapples!!

I had a sub/hoagie/whatever when I got back to Clearwater Sunday afternoon - that and a PICKLE finished off the weekend! :D

I sure missed TK with the fire tending - two Klose cookers going from 7a.m. to mid-night is a LOT of wood!! :mrgreen:

rbsnwngs
06-27-2005, 07:15 AM
i want thank phil for a great weekend Friday night was truly a night to forget ( burbon mod) it was great to see friends i had met and better to meet new ones. The food was outstanding again although i dont feel there was enough beer
THANKS AGAIN PHIL FOR A GERAT TIME

Bill-Chicago
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
although i dont feel there was enough beer

Now that, was funny

There is a cooler in his yard with 3 to 4 bottles of around 10-12 different kinds of beer.

Lotta stuff I never heard of

At Phils speed of consumption, thats a couple month supply

Great time Phil, thanks

chargriller
06-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the webcam feed and audio, hope I can make to a bash some where and hang with you guys.

kcquer
06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Did I eat a lotta Q this weekend? Well I took a dump as soon as I got home and it set off the smoke alarm :shock: :mrgreen:

brdbbq
06-27-2005, 08:30 AM
All I got was a new farking nick name.

Trout_man22
06-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Did I eat a lotta Q this weekend? Well I took a dump as soon as I got home and it set off the smoke alarm :shock: :mrgreen:

TFF Too Farking Funny

roknrandy
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
:lol: what Trout said :lol:

chad
06-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Nobody's mentioned the ABT's :D

Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! :twisted: WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Phil almost got terminal hiccups after his second ABT! :D

BrooklynQ
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
What about the rockies and the pretzel cake? NO carbs?!!?!?!

parrothead
06-27-2005, 11:58 AM
What about the rockies and the pretzel cake? NO carbs?!!?!?!

And all the bread that I ate starting about 5 minutes after my arrival.

parrothead
06-27-2005, 12:19 PM
First product endorsement from Bash V....

John Henty's Wild Cherry Chipotle Rub

"The great flavor of smoked cherry with a rich smoker–dried jalapeno flavor. Very good on pork, poultry or fish."

I picked this up on my trip to TX back in May and this was the first time I opened it. Excellent right out of the jar. I can't wait to taste it on meat. I'd like to try it on a butt or brisket. It may be too sweet for me on ribs. Phil's already told me that I'm not getting this stuff back.

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/Description.asp?prod_id=113

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/products/NewItems/wildcherry.gif

I ended up with it. And by the way it was fantastic on pulled pork. I just placed an order for more. I will send you one when they come in.

brucesieg
06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
sorry about the japs guys, thought i cleaned them better. i brought some into work today and burnt the hell out of everyones mouths. had a great time as usual with all the guys. many thanks to phil and sharon for their hospitality. by the way greg i scored a 500 on whack the sack today, you have been dethroned.

parrothead
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
That's a little gay..........Not that there is anything wrong with that.

tommykendall
06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Another reason you needed the PitBitch there. After coring 15# at a previous bash my farking hands were on fire for hours afterwards. Least I got the stuff out though. BTW - the apple corer is not the best tool for that job IMO.

chad
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Another reason you needed the PitBitch there. After coring 15# at a previous bash my farking hands were on fire for hours afterwards. Least I got the stuff out though. BTW - the apple corer is not the best tool for that job IMO.

Well, Mary wound up in the pool for a while when his hands and arms started burning. Meanwhile, a certain "brother" who will remain nameless (but his initials are BRUCE) was going to clean and wash the jalapenos - 'nuf said! :twisted:

xcsar did an excellent job tweaking the ABT filling!

roknrandy
06-27-2005, 01:43 PM
I noticed Phil corring them (with the apple correr) while watching the web cam, What do you use to core them with TK?

brdbbq
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
I use a Jalapeno Coring tool.

tommykendall
06-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I noticed Phil corring them (with the apple correr) while watching the web cam, What do you use to core them with TK?

I cut the tops off then core them with a carrot/potato peeler, using the out edge of the peeler to scrape around the inner edge of the pepper. The long narrow design of these things scrape the entire inner edge and the narrow round botton gets the seeds/membrane out form the tip of the pepper.

brdbbq
06-27-2005, 04:34 PM

I cut the tops off then core them with a carrot/potato peeler, using the out edge of the peeler to scrape around the inner edge of the pepper. The long narrow design of these things scrape the entire inner edge and the narrow round botton gets the seeds/membrane out form the tip of the pepper.

http://www.jalapenocafe.com/twister.html

roknrandy
06-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I'll try that TK, Thanks

Bill-Chicago
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I dont fark with Jalepenos, never have, too much work and inconsistent results.

No on ate them this weekend. Won't go into that.

I like stuffing Poblano's. Some are mild, some are really hot. Anyone who eats Chili Relenios knows.

Good sheet, and east to make a couple, versus dozens of Japs

Qczar
06-27-2005, 06:01 PM
I dont fark with Jalepenos, never have, too much work and inconsistent results.

No on ate them this weekend. Won't go into that.

I like stuffing Poblano's. Some are mild, some are really hot. Anyone who eats Chili Relenios knows.

Good sheet, and east to make a couple, versus dozens of Japs

I had three. Would`da had more, but my belly needed the room for the big stuff that was coming out of the smokers! Trouble with Japs is sometimes they`er hot and sometimes they`er not. Usually they`re not. Letting them sit on the counter will ripen them for more heat. Saturday`s were ripe and smokin`! Funny thing was the first thing Phil said to me was what I put in the filling to make them hot? As his finger tips to his shoulders burned from coring them. Yes, Poblano`s would have been nice too.

Damn, that was good eats!

Good seeing Bill........... (don`t forget to get me on the sauce swap)

Ron_L
06-27-2005, 07:46 PM

Which is...

chad
06-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Which is...

BCD - Banana Cream Dunlap

parrothead
06-28-2005, 10:59 AM
by the way greg i scored a 500 on whack the sack today, you have been dethroned.

I just got a 571 and a 606. Take that. I figured out a little trick.

BBQchef33
07-05-2005, 10:55 AM
i finally got the bash photos posted in the photo section. Been so overwhlemed with stuff this past week that it was the first chance i got. Some of the bash bites have made it ino the file and I'll keep typing the others in. thanks to everone who showed up. A head count on friday night had 18 people, all members or friends that have contributed to the site or bash in some way(artwork, trailer, iceman). Also some locals who have joined and lurk occasionally. took me 3 days to recover from the previous week, and a full day for the laughing cramps in the cheeks and ribs to go away. The webcam with audio got our remote brothers in on the fray. Good time all in all.!! Thanks guys!

parrothead
07-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Phil, did you find the picture I took just for you? Hint: it involved your dog and your shoes.

BBQchef33
07-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Phil, did you find the picture I took just for you? Hint: it involved your dog and your shoes.

yup.. its in the gallery too. if he wasnt more of a pet rock than a dog, he probably would've got up and walked away.

Bill-Chicago
07-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Too bad we don't have bash bites

Bill-Chicago
07-05-2005, 07:26 PM
i finally got the bash photos posted in the photo section. Been so overwhlemed with stuff this past week that it was the first chance i got. Some of the bash bites have made it ino the file and I'll keep typing the others in. thanks to everone who showed up. A head count on friday night had 18 people, all members or friends that have contributed to the site or bash in some way(artwork, trailer, iceman). Also some locals who have joined and lurk occasionally. took me 3 days to recover from the previous week, and a full day for the laughing cramps in the cheeks and ribs to go away. The webcam with audio got our remote brothers in on the fray. Good time all in all.!! Thanks guys!

some of them photos need a rotation mod by the creator of the folder