PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to keep brisket?

Pig Daddy
12-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I put on an extra flat this evening which I will not be eating tonight and probably not tomorrow night. I am wondering if I should chop and freeze it, slice and freeze it, or keep it whole and freeze it. What's the best way store a fully cooked beef brisket for the future? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

sfisch
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I would imagine that freezing it whole would be best, then reheating and slicing but I have taken home sliced brisket left over from comps, vacuum sealed it, reheated several weeks later and it was really good.

Chef Jim
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I've done it almost every way you suggested. I like to freeze in seal a meal bag in large pieces. Then I thaw it and slice the way I want. Of course the pest place to keep it is to eat it. That's a given.:becky:

Groundhog66
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
It's best if kept in the store :heh:

LMAJ
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
I would piece it out into meal sized chunks and vacu seal it (if you have one) and freeze it. Nothing like finding BBQ in the freezer ready to go. This way, you don't have to thaw the whole thing and use it all, you can enjoy it over a longer period of time.

buccaneer
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM
i carry mine around in my innards

toadhunter911
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't usually have brisket leftovers, but when I do, it's sliced and vac sealed. Than just tossed in a pot of boiling water to reheat.

CTSmokehouse
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I put on an extra flat this evening which I will not be eating tonight and probably not tomorrow night. I am wondering if I should chop and freeze it, slice and freeze it, or keep it whole and freeze it. What's the best way store a fully cooked beef brisket for the future? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

I like to cryovac it and use it for Brisket Chilli...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

luke duke
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't usually have brisket leftovers, but when I do, it's sliced and vac sealed. Than just tossed in a pot of boiling water to reheat.

This.

I will add that I slice the brisket. If there are any leftovers I refrigerate them overnight with all of the juices. They next day I vacuum seal the brisket and add the congealed juices in the bag. (I've gone a week before I've gotten around to vacuum sealing and never had an issue.) Freeze. Reheat in a pot of simmering water. I usually thaw the brisket overnight in the refrigerator to minimize the time the bag is in the water.

Lake Dogs
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
> what's the best way to keep brisket?

A: cook a bad brisket

BasicPatrick
12-19-2011, 02:52 PM
....on the end of a fork...lol

We use a vacuum seal machine and have kept it sliced and chopped for up to 6 months without issue.

Skidder
12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Vac seal if you can and reheat in boiling water if not freeze and reheat in beef broth (low sodium).

aquablue22
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
I have sliced and vacu-sealed and not sliced and vacu-sealed, not much difference in my opinion, except if you slice and package in smaller packages you can always have a sammy whenever you want.

To answer your question, the best way to keep brisket is between to pieces of bread with sauce!