View Full Version : Heading South

12-17-2011, 12:23 AM
The Wyocena Yacht Club crew will be making their semi-annual trip South to my FIL's place in Crystal River, FL.
We leave Friday Dec 23 and will be in Crystal River on the 24th.
Our route takes us through Illinois, Indiana, then South through Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama and into Florida near Marianna. If'n any of you Alabama folks are available, I would be up for a meet as long as you're right close to the route.

Let me know. I hooked up with a brother 4 or 6 years ago for a few minutes and it was truly a nice break.

12-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up Clark!

Harbormaster called me when they were getting into IN and we happened to both be on the same side of town so we hooked up for a quick HOWDY while he was fueling up!

If there'd been a BBQ joint in the immediate area we'd have tried to have lunch, but the Q places were a bit out of the way.

GREAT to see you and the boys again Clark. It was also nice to meet the wife and wish you well on your long trip!

Don't forget to give me a call on your way back through. If you have a little more time, I'd love to meet you for lunch or dinner!

12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Have a great trip!

12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Just had lunch with Clark and family.
Good time!

The trip is going well for them.

They will be at journey's end later this afternoon.
The boys are ready to get out of the car and have some fun :-D

12-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Made it to Crystal River safe and sound about 45 minutes ago.

Great to see Wampus again! Wish I had arranged further in advance than I did. I'll say it again Kempis, you looked great.

Kapn, always great when we get to see you. Had a really nice time. I needed those hot dogs too!