PDA

View Full Version : Found A Great Q Joint In The Baton Rouge Area!!!!

Q-Dat
12-09-2011, 11:40 PM
In Port Allen which is right across the Mississippi River, they have a place called Couyon's(pronouncedKoo-yon's)

Now I have never been to any of the Texas Brisket Meccas, but I find it hard to imagine any of them making a Brisket much better. Thick tender slices, just the way I have heard about them serving at the likes of Smitty's, Kreuz, etc. The rest of the menu is great too, but the Brisket really stands out. They also are the first Q Joint that I have been to that does a great job on sides. Most places just put very little effort into sides and treat them as if they are obligatory. These guys have some really good sides. Probably the best Rice Dressing I've ever had!

All that and the owners are both really great guys! So if anybody is in the area and wants some really good BBQ look em up.

T-Man
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I'll have to check it out next time I am in Baton Rouge . A good bbq joint is hard to come by lately... Thanks for the info .

Might have to make a trip this weekend to Baton Rouge and check out Bass Pro shops, Cabelas and eat some Brisket...

Q-Dat
12-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I'll have to check it out next time I am in Baton Rouge . A good bbq joint is hard to come by lately... Thanks for the info .

Might have to make a trip this weekend to Baton Rouge and check out Bass Pro shops, Cabelas and eat some Brisket...

If you GPS it just make sure its the location in Port Allen. There is one in Baton Rouge that is run by someone else and its not as good.

When you order the brisket you will have two choices. Lean or Moist. IMHO you want Moist! The moist is the point, and the lean is the flat. Both are really good but that point is awesome! They are the only joint that I have ever seen offer this choice.

Cloudsmoker
12-10-2011, 09:00 AM
True Dat. The lean or most (we call it fatty) does sound like a Texas Hill Country establishment.

T-Man
12-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Moist .. it is..