PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu BBQ event questions

bearnakedbbq
12-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I am going to enter my 2nd lower 48 BBQ event. I just signed up for the Lake Havasu event.

Since I am flying into Vegas I will not be bringing my grills with. So I have two opitions

#1. Since I am a dealer for GMG grills, I can purchase two Jim Bowie GMG pellet grills and sell them a discount. So any of you want to save some big $$$ on a GMG grill this might the chance you're waiting for.

or

#2. I could borrow a pellet style grill. Ideally, I would like to have (2) of them. So does anyone have a pellet style grill that want to loan out for this event?

So should I purchase my pork butts, chicken and box making stuff at the whole foods in Vegas or is there a place to pick these up in Lake Havasu?

For those of you that attend this event, what words of wisdom do you have for me?

troy

glenntm
12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I'd pickup anything you need in Vegas. Havasu is a small town and geared towards tourists. The selection will be limited and very pricey. Vegas will have Sam's, Costco, and Restaurant Depot.

It's rained the last 2 years during the event and been very windy. Be prepared for that.

Chenernator
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd pickup anything you need in Vegas. Havasu is a small town and geared towards tourists. The selection will be limited and very pricey. Vegas will have Sam's, Costco, and Restaurant Depot.

It's rained the last 2 years during the event and been very windy. Be prepared for that.

And it's a month earlier this year, so it will be colder.

glenntm
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
And it's a month earlier this year, so it will be colder.

Temps will be about the same, but less chance of rain in January. I think they have almost 60 teams signed up so far.

rooftop bbq
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I am going to enter my 2nd lower 48 BBQ event. I just signed up for the Lake Havasu event.

Since I am flying into Vegas I will not be bringing my grills with. So I have two opitions

#1. Since I am a dealer for GMG grills, I can purchase two Jim Bowie GMG pellet grills and sell them a discount. So any of you want to save some big $$$ on a GMG grill this might the chance you're waiting for.

or

#2. I could borrow a pellet style grill. Ideally, I would like to have (2) of them. So does anyone have a pellet style grill that want to loan out for this event?

So should I purchase my pork butts, chicken and box making stuff at the whole foods in Vegas or is there a place to pick these up in Lake Havasu?

For those of you that attend this event, what words of wisdom do you have for me?

troy

Let me know if theres anything you need, we're a GMG teams. I dont have any extra smokers to spare but if you need some GMG pellets let me know or anything else. I'll do what I can

bbqfun
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM
"what words of wisdom do you have for me?"

The only words of wisdom I have is to stay away from the AZ group on Thursday night or you will suffer the rest of the weekend.

Crash
12-08-2011, 01:59 AM
"what words of wisdom do you have for me?"

The only words of wisdom I have is to stay away from the AZ group on Thursday night or you will suffer the rest of the weekend.

And probably Monday and Tuesday as well.

bearnakedbbq
12-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I am attending the Lake Havasu BBQ competition and will be selling the two grills I will be using.
DANIEL BOONE Grill
The Daniel Boone Model comes with a digital control, a meat probe, a peaked lid for stand-up chicken/ large fowl/ rib racks, a convenience tray with utensil hooks, hard rubber tires. and a venturi-style firebox for cyclone combustion. It also has Sense-Mate™ - a circuit-board-mounted thermal sensor which measures ambient temperature and kicks the grill into “turbo” mode in cold weather so that you do not have to wait long for the grill to heat up in winter. Other features include a positive pressure hopper fan to prevent burn-back, “fan only” mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling, a 27X16 (432 sq. in.) stainless steel grate, and 13.5” clearance inside. It weighs 152 pounds.

JIM BOWIE Grill
Same as above but larger. (750 sq. in.)
I am offering this grill at below cost. So you will be getting a great deal on them.
The Daniel Boone grill is $600, which is $150 off and the Jim Bowie grill is $900 which is $300 off. Both of these grills will be assembled, tested and ready to go. I am sure there will be left over pellets! I will show the new owners how to use these grills and as a bonus you can hangout and eat the food that came offf what I didn’t turn in.
Goal here is to pre sell these grills, so act quickly!
I can be reached at alaskabbqsupply@gmail.com or 907-841-0789