PDA

View Full Version : Forum coming down

BBQchef33
06-09-2005, 10:21 PM
New software and templates have been loaded in preparation for upgrading the forum software to Vforum. This is a temporary stepping stone to the new format. Look may change a little here, but the function of this software is the same.

The new forum will be announced shortly so everyone can start getting used to it.

tommykendall
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
new look and feel mod

BBQchef33
06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Looks different, Just in shading and fonts. Should feel the same.

This is in preparation for moving to the new forum software. Had to upgrade in order to migrate all the existing data to the new forum. I wil be opening that forum up to everytone soon to start testing and getting used to it before making the move permanently.

icemn62
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
feels the same to me. does have new look

tommykendall
06-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Ok Ok - so I wanted to get feeled. :oops:

tommykendall
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
logo is farked up

icemn62
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
just noticed the logo on top. What happened to it?

BBQchef33
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
got squished.

working on it.

parrothead
06-10-2005, 01:21 AM
It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get used to it though.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 07:25 AM
got squished.

working on it.

Wait till your sober

willkat98
06-10-2005, 07:28 AM
got squished.

working on it.

Wait till your sober

that was funny (odd). Quote button is now at the bottom of your post, versus the top. I was trying to quote Greg, not Phil.

And WOW are these some monster quotes

parrothead
06-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't like the time date orange box stamp at the right. Can it go back on the left? Why mess with it when you are just going to replace the whole thing anyway.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't like the time date orange box stamp at the right. Can it go back on the left? Why mess with it when you are just going to replace the whole thing anyway.

I think its cuz he's board

racer_81
06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
why is this in QTALK?

this was the last place I looked for info on what's happening with the board.

fonts and stuff are cool. the window resizing under firefox is annoying as hell.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 12:08 PM
why is this in QTALK?

Lump rub on my pork roll

B.O.T.

I'm at Mozzilla looking for a phpuke patch.

racer_81
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
why is this in QTALK?

Lump rub on my pork roll

B.O.T.

I'm at Mozzilla looking for a phpuke patch.

Well, marinade my lizard!

Let us know if you find a patch.

I heard somewhere that Mozilla/Firefox doesn't do patches yet, just updates.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh man.

There is a tone of info on editing your user scripts and crap to override resizing and stuff.

Extreme Geek Tech Mod to say the least. I'm in the user forums for Mozilla which answers Firefox issues too.

Checking php too, but that is 10 years of farking forum information.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
John and Phil

This might help with Firefox resize. 39 hits on the pnphp site

Will farking with the jumpbox in the forum settings work.

Read here (its a 3 minute read)

http://www.pnphpbb.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5199&highlight=firefox

brdbbq
06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Noticed the change this morning, I didn't get on last night OL was marinating my lizard.

badger
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
John and Phil

This might help with Firefox resize. 39 hits on the pnphp site

Will farking with the jumpbox in the forum settings work.

Read here (its a 3 minute read)

http://www.pnphpbb.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5199&highlight=firefox

Bill, thanks for researching that. I made the change and removed the "JumpBox". Let me know if that fixes it.

badger
06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
It does not appear to have fixed it for me on my Windows XP box with Firefox. But on my Linux box with Firefox I never saw the problem.

I will look into it more.

BBQchef33
06-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Works on my XP laptop with Firefox.

we had to upgrade to the latest version of PNPHPBB2 in order to migrate to the new VFORUM format. The migration tools did not work with the old revision of the software.

its was Qtalk because this was suposed to be a "forum coming down in 10 minutes" notice last night, but it turned into a conversation before i got rid of it.

Once final config is done on the test site, we will open it up so members can play with it for a day or 2, then move over permanently. We will be upgrading in about 2 weeks.

dapittboss
06-10-2005, 02:36 PM
My "go to the latest post" button doesn't seem to work.

Solidkick
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Why all the.........
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Forum coming down

?????????????????????????????????????

BBQchef33
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
wheres that?

Solidkick
06-10-2005, 02:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^look up in the post subject line.........also shows in the recent post scoll on the left side of the screen.

brdbbq
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok Ok - so I wanted to get feeled. :oops:

You get feeled yet ? Or go to another one of your Web sites ? :wink:

willkat98
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
John,
It appears I skimmed that one.

The jumpbox setting fixed and IE resize bug.

In that thread, Firefox did not have the resize problem.

Hope to read through more later.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Just got home,

Firefox on the laptop

Not a single problem

The scroller works, but I still hate it.

Everything looks good so far

Edited:

I just reread the thread, to keep the ideas current.

So far, Phil is the only one to get Firefox to work properly on XP. John never had a problem on linux/fox, and I have Windows2000 on my laptop.

John, is your XP/Fox a laptop, or a desktop?

There might be a registry issue on one versus the other. Then again, thats a far flung guess.

I'm still researching...

Going to the user forums. Sure wish I was up to speed on my German. I have found quite a few discussions on this on German hit results.

Das ist nicht so schern

willkat98
06-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Here is a quick FAQ on some various issues related to setting up the new software.

Don't know if these issues came up yet, but its a quick read for Phil and John.

I'll stop posting these, since this thread implies that the Firefox issue is a big one, and no one has answers. One guy even says he has no Firefox issues.

So unless you have changed something, then I believe it is Firefox/XP issue or some combination thereof.

Will fire up the desk top and see what happens

willkat98
06-10-2005, 06:28 PM
HOLY CRAP BATMAN

XP on a desktop is WAY farked up.

SCroll WAy the hell right.

John, what I see farking up my screen, is that the "Members on line" module on the left. It has a little "tag" on the right of their name. You click that to send a private message to that person.

Well on my desktop with Firefox, the names online are on the left of the screen, and the "tags" are on the right. The space between the name and the tag is the "entire" screen width.

Is it the settings for this "Whos Online" that can be tweeked?

cabo
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Das ist nicht so schern

Wassup with dat???

Just logged on. Looks a little different. Mostly notice the HUGE QUOTES.

“It’s not so good”. Heck it’s not that bad.

willkat98
06-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I just logged in and the site was farked, I started the following:

<snip>

well now this forum is all farked up in Firefox, on the laptop, on W2000

Its odd.

Main forum page is ok

<snip>

I happened to hit refresh, and the whole thing sized properly

interesting

willkat98
06-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Rather than editing, I'll keep posting my testing results

Every forum, when I click on it, is oversized.
Click refresh, and it resizes properly (think someone posted that)

So I need to double load each page to get it to work.

It is continually the "who's on line" on the left that is farking with the screen.

Any way to force the size of this to X wiidth?

Bigdog
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Everything looks fine on my screen, but that must be 'cause I'm running DOS on my VIC 20. Thinking about upgrading to 128k. What do you think?

willkat98
06-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Everything looks fine on my screen, but that must be 'cause I'm running DOS on my VIC 20. Thinking about upgrading to 128k. What do you think?

Sorry

I was trying to help test the forum

I'll come back when firefox friendly

call off the Dog mod

Bigdog
06-10-2005, 09:22 PM

Sorry

I was trying to help test the forum

I'll come back when firefox friendly

call off the Dog mod

Dog gone. :P

BBQchef33
06-10-2005, 10:05 PM
installed firefox on my desktop and its a mess. Use IE till we get it fixed.

tommykendall
06-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Have fun workin' to accomodate deez techno deeks who use sheet to protect them from da elemeeents.

racer_81
06-11-2005, 10:17 AM
installed firefox on my desktop and its a mess. Use IE till we get it fixed.

Bill thanks you.

BrooklynQ
06-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Whats with all the re: re: re: re: re: re: re:? at the top of every reply?
I din't noitice that before.

Solidkick
06-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Whats with all the re: re: re: re: re: re: re:? at the top of every reply?
I din't noitice that before.

I called Poopy this morning for his "wake up it's time to pee, Angelina Jolie ain't ever gonna be in your bed" call....... :twisted: And he said he finally understood what we were talking about late last night. He's thinking it may be just a configuration setting. He may not get it fixed and we may have to live with it, the rollout to the new version of the forum is just around the corner.......

BTW.......the RE: re: RE: thing happens when you quote someone.

badger
06-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I disabled the "Latest forum posts" block on the left and that seems to fix the page formatting.

I am going to create a new latest forum posts block and play around to see if we can get it back.

Neil
06-12-2005, 10:02 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are all talking about but I do hope the scrolling "Latest Posts" block does come back.

icemn62
06-14-2005, 12:33 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are all talking about but I do hope the scrolling "Latest Posts" block does come back.

I agree with Neil, I liked being able to at least read what was going on with the site by looking at the latest posts block. Made it possible to make it through a work day.

The_Kapn
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM

I agree with Neil, I liked being able to at least read what was going on with the site by looking at the latest posts block. Made it possible to make it through a work day.
I may be the only one around that does not use the scroll thingie. I have the forum "Maximized" and just click on "view posts since last visit". TA DA--there they all are. Set browser to refresh every time I open a page, so the "latest" is always there. If I catch up--I just hit F5 to refresh on occasion if I am doing something else!
Easy for me :lol:
TIM

Trout_man22
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Tim,

I'm with you no scroll or sidebar

kcquer
06-14-2005, 03:07 PM
just click on "view posts since last visit". TA DA--there they all are.

this would be great except the f-ing thing doesn't work since the format change.

The_Kapn
06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
just click on "view posts since last visit". TA DA--there they all are.

this would be great except the f-ing thing doesn't work since the format change.
Works fine for me Scott.
Running XP Pro and IE

TIM

Wayne
06-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Everything works fine for me on Opera (the fastest browser in the west). I the recipe forum going to work now?

Solidkick
06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Everything works fine for me on Opera (the fastest browser in the west). I the recipe forum going to work now?

If poopy don't mind me quoting him......I believe new software has been purchased to handle the recipe section, stand alone, kinda like 3X5 recipe cards. I may be wrong, but I think that's what I remember him saying.....

willkat98
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Firefox pop ups for PM's is farked.