PDA

View Full Version : The Rub Co. Limited Edition HOT WING RUB. Pre-Order NOW!!!

Ryan Chester
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Pre-Order for our LIMITED EDITION HOT WING RUB is available now at www.therubco.com!!! Only 100 units left so don't miss out!

Ryan Chester
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
72 units sold 78 left. Don't mis out folks!

Ryan Chester
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
70 units left.

pwa
11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Was going to orders some but $20.35 shipping to AK killed it. Do you offer other shipping besides FedEx? Would love to try it out.

Thanks
pwa

Ryan Chester
11-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Shipping to AK is not $23. The entire order would be. $23 for a pound of rub including shipping sounds like a great deal to me. We're talking 4+ bottles worth of rub on your doorstep for $23. Also to give you a comparison without naming names, one of my competitors sells the same 1lb amount with a discount for $19+ shipping. I think we are very generously priced.

Igotgas
11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Count me in too. Just placed my order:thumb: Now we just have to wait:rolleyes:

Ryan Chester
11-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Count me in too. Just placed my order:thumb: Now we just have to wait:rolleyes:

Thanks for the order! I guarantee you have never tasted a dry rub like this.:thumb:

pwa
11-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Shipping to AK is not $23. The entire order would be. $23 for a pound of rub including shipping sounds like a great deal to me. We're talking 4+ bottles worth of rub on your doorstep for $23. Also to give you a comparison without naming names, one of my competitors sells the same 1lb amount with a discount for $19+ shipping. I think we are very generously priced.

sorry wasn't saying it wasn't a deal just the shipping IS step for me living in AK. Using Google checkout it 20.35 shipping for a total of $33.52. I will place the order just so you can see it. and I beg you please look at USPS as an option for us that don't live in the lower 48. I know I'm just one customer and a drop in the bucket, just bring it forward. Sorry if Implied your product wasn't good or the products price wasn't good. It was simply shipping is almost twice the rubs cost.

pwa

Ryan Chester
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
sorry wasn't saying it wasn't a deal just the shipping IS step for me living in AK. Using Google checkout it 20.35 shipping for a total of $33.52. I will place the order just so you can see it. and I beg you please look at USPS as an option for us that don't live in the lower 48. I know I'm just one customer and a drop in the bucket, just bring it forward. Sorry if Implied your product wasn't good or the products price wasn't good. It was simply shipping is almost twice the rubs cost.

pwa

I'm sure the shopping cart is somehow miscalculating. I'll check to tomorrow and correct it. I ship all over the country and have never Seen shipping that high. A guy placed an order just before you shipping to Florida and shipping was only $8.17.

I appreciate the business and will make it right.

Ryan Chester
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow I just realized you are from Alaska not Arkansas. My apologies! I will definitely ship yours special via USPS and charge accordingly.

pwa
11-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow I just realized you are from Alaska not Arkansas. My apologies! I will definitely ship yours special via USPS and charge accordingly.

LoL should have said Alaska vs AK and I appreciate it.

Thanks
pwa

:thumb:

deguerre
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the order! I guarantee you have never tasted a dry rub like this.:thumb:

If it's anywhere NEAR as good as experimental version 2 then it is some outrageously AWESOME STUFF!!!

Ryan Chester
11-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Our anticipated ship date is Monday, 12/12.

YellowSuge
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Ryan

Any local stores selling this? I'd like to see if I could pick some up for a tailgate Saturday.

Ryan Chester
11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Bree's Meats will definitely have some as soon as its available.

http://www.breesqualitymeats.com/

KevinR
11-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Bree's Meats will definitely have some as soon as its available.

http://www.breesqualitymeats.com/

Ryan,

Since I'm so close to your location... I'll do without the shipping and pick up from Bree's. :-P

Please keep us posted on availability date. Thanks!

Kevin

Ryan Chester
11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Ryan,

Since I'm so close to your location... I'll do without the shipping and pick up from Bree's. :-P

Please keep us posted on availability date. Thanks!

Kevin

Sounds good! We're shooting for 12/12.

Ryan Chester
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Only 53 units left. Don't miss out!!!

Ryan Chester
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Make that 39 left. Get em while we got em!

Ryan Chester
12-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Down to 19 bags. We will probably completely sell out during the pre-order so don't wait too long to get in on it.

Also, production was held up a few days due to the availability of one of the specialty ingredients. It looks we will receive the order between Thursday 11/15 and Monday 11/19 so orders will ship in the following few days.

Groundhog66
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
That is awesome Ryan, glad to hear it is selling so well :thumb:

Ryan Chester
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Production for the HOT WING RUB is done. Orders will ship tomorrow and Saturday so expect them next week!

jsperk
12-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I just got an email and my rub is at home. I can't to try the wing rub and he Santa Maria. I was doing a brisket for Christmas. Thinking of trying the Santa Maria rub on he brisket.

Ryan Chester
12-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Glad it made the voyage safely! Good idea on the brisket!

Groundhog66
12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Mine hasn't showed up yet :tsk:

Ryan Chester
12-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Mine hasn't showed up yet :tsk:

On the truck to be delivered today. Guess FedEx knew how bad you wanted it so they decided to hold out on you!

Groundhog66
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Bastid's :boxing:

Groundhog66
12-20-2011, 02:02 PM
The eagle has landed :clap2:

big brother smoke
12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
And mine?

deguerre
12-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Latest update on mine is shipped on the 16th so I should have it in a day or so.:clap2::clap2:

jsperk
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Maybe I shouldn't try until after this week. One pack was for a Christmas present. I may not want to give it up after I try it. They may get something else instead.

Groundhog66
12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Maybe I shouldn't try until after this week. One pack was for a Christmas present. I may not want to give it up after I try it. They may get something else instead.

I have a better idea...Try it ASAP, and if you really like it you can place another order before he runs out :thumb:

jsperk
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I have a better idea...Try it ASAP, and if you really like it you can place another order before he runs out :thumb:
Now that's some great advice. Why didn't I think of that.:doh:

Ryan Chester
12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
And mine?

Today or tomorrow.

Ryan Chester
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
You all should be receiving your orders for The Rub Co. Hot Wing Rub over the next couple day. You will notice it has a beady consistency because of the butter. *Bust up any larger clumps and your good to go. *Thank you very much for the orders and ENJOY!!!

jsperk
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I have had busy evenings so I haven't cooked the last two night but been dying to try the wing dust. I mixed it with some mayo on my turkey sandwich for lunch today. Really really good stuff. I'm going to hopefully make a chicken burger tonight with it and also hamburger with the santa maria.

deguerre
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
One of the first things I want to do with mine is make an injection with it for a pork shoulder picnic.

Ryan Chester
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I have had busy evenings so I haven't cooked the last two night but been dying to try the wing dust. I mixed it with some mayo on my turkey sandwich for lunch today. Really really good stuff. I'm going to hopefully make a chicken burger tonight with it and also hamburger with the santa maria.

Hot wing mayo spread???? Now your talking!!! I would have never thought of that and now I must try it.:thumb:

Ryan Chester
12-22-2011, 11:54 AM
One of the first things I want to do with mine is make an injection with it for a pork shoulder picnic.

Im sure that will turn out great. I want to inject a turkey with it. Red Bird. MMmmmmm

jsperk
12-22-2011, 11:59 AM
The injection sounds really good. Chicken pizza maybe in order also.

Ryan Chester
12-29-2011, 11:22 AM
We are sold out folks but you are still in luck. A few of our vendors still have a few bags left.

In stock
www.simplymarvelousbbq.com (http://www.simplymarvelousbbq.com)
www.barbequejunction.com (http://www.barbequejunction.com)
www.greenleafbbq.com (http://www.greenleafbbq.com/)

Available Soon
www.eggsbythebay.com (http://www.eggsbythebay.com)
www.bbqproshop.com (http://www.bbqproshop.com/).

deguerre
12-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, Steph's out of pocket, I can't find any purchase options on Tim's site, But barbequejunction was juuuuuust right.:-D

So now I'll have three LBs to have fun with.

Thanks Ryan!

Barbeque Junction
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
:-) Got the order, will have some store credit coming your way too ... Will let you know how much later tonight .... Thanks for the order~!

deguerre
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
:-) Got the order, will have some store credit coming your way too ... Will let you know how much later tonight .... Thanks for the order~!

No, thank YOU! I wasn't for sure you were a member here but as soon as I saw the Brethren Link I placed an immediate order. I like to purchase exclusively from Brethren businesses if at all possible.

tasterner
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Just got my rub, thanks for the quick shipping! Can't wait to try it!

big brother smoke
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I got have bags of the good stuff. PMs only $12.99

whitelightnin92
01-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Just ordered from BBQ Junction. Excited to try it. Been trying to perfect my hot wings, and I'm hoping this will do the trick!

Ryan Chester
01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Just ordered from BBQ Junction. Excited to try it. Been trying to perfect my hot wings, and I'm hoping this will do the trick!

Transfer the rub into a zip lock bag to bust up the clumps with your fingers. You will cough your head off if you breathe the stuff. The rub should break down into small beads which will melt after sitting on the meat. Enjoy!

deguerre
01-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Transfer the rub into a zip lock bag to bust up the clumps with your fingers. You will cough your head off if you breathe the stuff. The rub should break down into small beads which will melt after sitting on the meat. Enjoy!

I transferred mine into a Mason Jar (Comes to about 700 ml) and separated with a fork by stirring. Sneezed my farkin' head off.:shock:

big brother smoke
01-17-2012, 11:48 PM
I still have bags, that I have hoarded, I may be willing to part with a few. :twisted:

fingerlickin'
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I still have bags, that I have hoarded, I may be willing to part with a few. :twisted:

Dude, I wish I would've know that when I placed my order earlier this week. :doh: I have plenty for now but I just know there will come a day.

The hot wing rub is awesome! I made some a couple weeks ago and they were some of the best wings I've ever had. I did use sauce on some of them but they really didn't need it. They looked a lot like these.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd392/shellddy/IMG_1591.jpg

Ryan Chester
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it! It has a funky texture that takes some work to knock down the clumps but hopefully worth the work! Some of the ingredients react and are very hard to work with. If we re-release it, we will have to reformulate to eliminate the clumping and make it a bit easier to produce.

fingerlickin'
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it! It has a funky texture that takes some work to knock down the clumps but hopefully worth the work! Some of the ingredients react and are very hard to work with. If we re-release it, we will have to reformulate to eliminate the clumping and make it a bit easier to produce.

That would make it just about perfect. :-D I did put it into a ziplock to break up the clumps when it first arrived. That's when it hit me. Pun intended. It's all good though. Totally worth holding your breath for. Can't wait for the superbowl party!

whitelightnin92
01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
That would make it just about perfect. :-D I did put it into a ziplock to break up the clumps when it first arrived. That's when it hit me. Pun intended. It's all good though. Totally worth holding your breath for. Can't wait for the superbowl party!

I'm gearing up for a superbowl bash and I was wondering what is the best way to cook wings with this rub? I've never used it before and I won't have time for any trial runs. Any sage wisdom?

Ryan Chester
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I personally grill them on my webber kettle indrect for 30 mins then crisp up direct for 30 seconds or so on each side. TO DIE FOR!!!

fingerlickin'
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm gearing up for a superbowl bash and I was wondering what is the best way to cook wings with this rub? I've never used it before and I won't have time for any trial runs. Any sage wisdom?

I cooked mine indirect on the egg at around 300*-325* with the plate setter in. I would say 45 min to an hour. I think the higher heat helps render the skin and keeps them from being chewy.

Not to be a bore,:bored: but here's a story about my last effort. If I didn't have time to experiment with different methods before the game, I would take Ryan's advice and go with the tried and true method.

There is a bbq joint around here that makes some farking awesome smoked wings. They are more fall off the bone tender rather than crispy as you would find with deep fried. I've been trying to get my wings to come out this way but haven't had much success until this last run. I may have stumbled onto the solution. Since I was taking this batch to a friends house for a party, I had planned on saucing them and reheating them in the oven once I got there. Turns out maybe the rest and the reheat in the oven got me to the promised land that I had been searching for. Now they weren't the crispy, fresh off the grill or right out of the fryer type, but I don't care, they were awesome. I would imagine that the wings that I get at the bbq joint have been smoked prior and are reheated to order which would explain why I found similar results doing the same.

That said, I have made them this way plenty of times without the reheat and they are great fresh off the smoker as well. :-D

As far as prep goes, the night before, I filled 2 large zip lock bags full of wings and I put 4 Tbls. of Hot Wing Rub in each bag and worked it around until they were all coated. This way, there was a minimal amount of fumes in the air. The next day I went outside, put the wings on the egg and sprinkled on some more rub.

Sorry to be so long winded and good luck with the wings! :thumb:

whitelightnin92
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
The next day I went outside, put the wings on the egg and sprinkled on some more rub.

I haven't opened my bag yet, but the stuff must be potent. I think I have decided to smoke them and then throw them on my grill right before we eat and crisp them up. I will try the ziplock bag and them sprinkle them outside.

Someone else posted here that they sauced them, but that they didn't think it was needed. Does the sauce take away from the flavor of the rub? Or are they just so good you don't need sauce? I was thinking of doing some naked and then tossing some with Franks wing sauce. I love the vinegar kick!

fingerlickin'
01-25-2012, 09:06 PM
I haven't opened my bag yet, but the stuff must be potent. I think I have decided to smoke them and then throw them on my grill right before we eat and crisp them up. I will try the ziplock bag and them sprinkle them outside.

Someone else posted here that they sauced them, but that they didn't think it was needed. Does the sauce take away from the flavor of the rub? Or are they just so good you don't need sauce? I was thinking of doing some naked and then tossing some with Franks wing sauce. I love the vinegar kick!

I sauced most of mine but it's definitely not needed. The wings were great with just the rub. Old habits are hard to break I guess. I would try some without first and see what you think. Some people just like em' saucy!

big brother smoke
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Four bags left for the superbowl. PMs only!

Ryan Chester
01-31-2012, 04:14 PM
We are in the process of re-formulating our hot wing rub so we can potentially add it to our permanent product line. The original version contained some specialty ingredients that were extremely difficult get and work with. In addition, this stuff would attack your senses when inhaled. It’s not poisonous or anything but it would definitely make you and anyone near you cough and sneeze. Our revised version would have the same flavor profile and heat just much easier to work with. We will be using ingredients that are more readily available for us to obtain, won't make you sneeze and cough as bad, and won't cake.

boogiesnap
01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
niiiice!!

i'll take 5#'s.

fingerlickin'
01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
:clap2::clap::thumb: That's great news Ryan! Can't wait!