PDA

View Full Version : Changing Team Name

Chipper
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
We plan to change our team name and would like some comments on if anyone has done it, and had any issues with the KCBS or any other sanctioning body.

Thanks,

Chipper

BBQ_Mayor
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Yep. We've done it. Not a problem with KCBS or anything. When you fill out your entry form, just put the new team name down. Easy peasy.
At some contests where we new the coordinator, we would put our old name down so they knew who it was and where to put us at the comp.

We plan to change our team name and would like some comments on if anyone has done it, and had any issues with the KCBS or any other sanctioning body.

Thanks,

Chipper

HawgNationBBQ
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Chip,

As you know I did it last year. No problems at all. In fact, I did it in mid-season. Just send emails, with a copy for yourself to KCBS, and event sponsors. Won’t be a problem.

SmokeInDaEye
11-14-2011, 01:00 PM
What you changing it too so I know who the heck you are? :)

CivilWarBBQ
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah Chip, what's the new team?
I always thought you had really distictive artwork as Red Lion. Hope the new image is a slick!

-GF

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
11-14-2011, 05:39 PM
What you changing it too so I know who the heck you are? :)

I hear its gonna be RedLion Smokin' Gnome Co. , not a big change. I also heard that he was thinking of calling his team " I wanna be like Sal" but the misses got mad..

White Dog BBQ
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I would check with Chuck at New Holland to make sure you won't lose your spot. New Holland can be strict with the wait list.

I think I mentioned this at Harrisburg, I like your current name. I am looking forward to seeing the new logo, though!

Sledneck
11-14-2011, 06:38 PM
New holland gos by head cook.

HawgNationBBQ
11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=White Dog BBQ;1850440]I would check with Chuck at New Holland to make sure you won't lose your spot. New Holland can be strict with the wait list.

Will not be a problem. As long as you send Chuck an email and he has documentation, you will be good to go. We did it this year.

HawgNationBBQ
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I would check with Chuck at New Holland to make sure you won't lose your spot. New Holland can be strict with the wait list.

Will not be a problem. As long as you send Chuck an email and he has documentation, you will be good to go. We did it this year.

White Dog BBQ
11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
OK, that's good to know.

Erik

5-0 BBQ
11-14-2011, 09:21 PM
What the new name Chip?

Chipper
11-15-2011, 05:56 AM
It is going to be "Diamond Chip BBQ" and the new logo is being designed shortly. We did briefly consider "Smoked the Gnome", and "Smoke in da Face", but went a different direction.