PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Intarnational Initiative will not include me

drbbq
11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
To all my BBQ friends in Europe. This motion was denied at the KCBS meeting the other day. Looks like there will be a group coming your way to teach some judging and cooking classes but I won't be part of it.

From KCBS.us :
Don Harwell made a motion that KCBS member Ray Lampe be added as a full member to the KCBS International Outreach Team along with the names approved last month. 2nd by Gene Goycochea, a role call vote was requested. The results were as follows:

Harwell - Y, Lohman - N, Goycochea - Y, Shupe - N, Bigler - N, Bragg - Y, Lake - Abstain, Budai - N, Simmons - Absent, Kirk - Absent, Whitebook - Absent With (4) Nays, (3) Ayes and (1) Abstain. Motion failed.

pigmaker23
11-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Same old same old,,just one more reason for change, speak with your vote for new voice..

To all my BBQ friends in Europe. This motion was denied at the KCBS meeting the other day. Looks like there will be a group coming your way to teach some judging and cooking classes but I won't be part of it.

From KCBS.us :
Don Harwell made a motion that KCBS member Ray Lampe be added as a full member to the KCBS International Outreach Team along with the names approved last month. 2nd by Gene Goycochea, a role call vote was requested. The results were as follows:

Harwell - Y, Lohman - N, Goycochea - Y, Shupe - N, Bigler - N, Bragg - Y, Lake - Abstain, Budai - N, Simmons - Absent, Kirk - Absent, Whitebook - Absent With (4) Nays, (3) Ayes and (1) Abstain. Motion failed.

sitnfat
11-12-2011, 09:05 PM
What does the KCBS international outreach team do???

Fat Freddy
11-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I dont know what the international initiative is or does but to leave out Dr.BBQ?? Sounds like you were interested in teaching others. With you being a legend and author in the Qing world seems like a poor decision.

May not be international here but Ray you would be welcome in my neck of the woods anytime.

CivilWarBBQ
11-12-2011, 09:39 PM
What does the KCBS international outreach team do???

They serve as ambassadors for KCBS to promote barbecue outside of the US. The team travels to other countries where they hold events to familiarize people there with the operation of a KCBS contest and American BBQ cooking techniques. By sharing knowledge and demonstrating the comraderie and good sportsmanship of competitive barbecue, the team hopes to increase interest in KCBS sanctioned contests outside the borders of the US.

This team has operated for the last couple years to help educate the International teams planning to compete at the Jack. Travel costs have been paid by the team members themselves. KCBS has not subsidized the team beyond supplying instructional materials like placemats and scorecards.

deepsouth
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
They serve as ambassadors for KCBS to promote barbecue outside of the US. The team travels to other countries where they hold events to familiarize people there with the operation of a KCBS contest and American BBQ cooking techniques. By sharing knowledge and demonstrating the comraderie and good sportsmanship of competitive barbecue, the team hopes to increase interest in KCBS sanctioned contests outside the borders of the US.

This team has operated for the last couple years to help educate the International teams planning to compete at the Jack. Travel costs have been paid by the team members themselves. KCBS has not subsidized the team beyond supplying instructional materials like placemats and scorecards.

that's quite interesting.

swamprb
11-12-2011, 10:49 PM

From KCBS.us :

I'm pretty sure Paul Kirk would have voted for you, Honey Badger.

Sledneck
11-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Who are the others that have been approved to go?

CivilWarBBQ
11-13-2011, 03:21 AM
This initiative is a new recognition and expansion by KCBS of an existing program that Wayne Lohman and Bill Gage created independently to help International teams be more competitive when they cook at the Jack.

You can listen to the full discussion that sparked this thread at 1:27:40 of the Oct 2011 BOD meeting recording. I'm certain Wayne would be happy to discuss it in detail with any KCBS member who would like to contact him.

swamprb
11-13-2011, 03:31 AM

....so you can cook a KCBS sanctioned event in Elbonia that has the required 25 teams and the Mullahs decree designating said event a Championship of the Realm, and you wipe the local yokels asses with the IBP Pork butts, Ranchers Reserve Select Briskets, Farmland Moist & Tender Enhanced Spares, Tyson Chicken thighs and the Organic Curly Parsley you had overnighted, celebrated your Elbonian Grand Championship win only to find out days before the Jack Daniels Invitational Draw that it doesn't mean squat!

Let's start a collection...

drbbq
11-13-2011, 07:30 AM
This initiative is a new recognition and expansion by KCBS of an existing program that Wayne Lohman and Bill Gage created independently to help International teams be more competitive when they cook at the Jack.

You can listen to the full discussion that sparked this thread at 1:27:40 of the Oct 2011 BOD meeting recording. I'm certain Wayne would be happy to discuss it in detail with any KCBS member who would like to contact him.

Well actually Wayne told me that they had been reimbursed for some lodging while there and this year they requested $10k so I think the commitment goes beyond paperwork.

But honestly if done right and transparently I don't think paying for it is out of the question. My beef is they are including two cooks to teach the cooking part that seem to have very little KCBS experience and are pretty much unknown. I'm willing to do it on whatever terms they agree upon yet they choose the unknown cooks instead.

Leatherheadiowa
11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
I am really unsure why the "nayes" want to chit in the Cheerios of Dr. BBQ. When you have an ambassador to the hobby/ sport like Dr. BBQ why would you take the already established notority and branding that has been in place.
The worst part I see is the fact that there were BODs missing from the meeting and could have changed the entire scenario.
The financial issues have me wondering as well.

Podge
11-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Screw it, I'd say you ought to just go to Europe, find the country they are doing this outreach program, and do a cooking and preparation class for a KCBS contest on the same day. Let's see who gets the most response!

Dr. BBQ is one of the main faces and voices in the U.S. for competition BBQ. KCBS ought to embrace that, and use it to their advantage.

Hub
11-13-2011, 08:35 AM
I and lots of others would like to know what the issue really is. Is it your perception that this was a personal attack on you? Or, are you just disappointed that it didn't go your way? Sometimes it is tiring reading all the tirades about the KCBS board when nobody will tell the whole story.

drbbq
11-13-2011, 09:01 AM
I and lots of others would like to know what the issue really is. Is it your perception that this was a personal attack on you? Or, are you just disappointed that it didn't go your way? Sometimes it is tiring reading all the tirades about the KCBS board when nobody will tell the whole story.

I'm about as straight of a shooter as you're gonna find Hub and frankly that's part of what they don't like about me.

Here's the deal as I know it. Wayne Lohman and Bill Gage have befriended many of the International teams at the Jack as they've worked with them over the years. In Wayne's words they been invited over to help the Europeans learn the ways of KCBS.

Wayne's wife works for an airline so they get free/cheap flights and they've been going to Europe the last few years to teach the folks about KCBS judging and cooking, mostly on their own dime although it's unclear what exactly KCBS has paid for.

Last month I saw on the KCBS BOD agenda that there was a motion to allocate $10k to doing it this year and there was a third couple who I've never heard of tasked with doing the cooking classes. So I sent a letter to the board asking them to consider me for the cooking classes as I also have many contacts in Europe. The motion was passed with no serious consideration to include me.

Since then I've had a friendly conversation with Wayne and Bill and they told me what they planned to do and I offered up what I thought I could do to help. But there was no offer to work together. Just "Let's keep in touch". I'd given up on it at that point.

This month Don Harwell offered up a motion to add me to the team. I really didn't know about this until it had been done. I've been very quiet and respectful throughout the process because I would like to do this and I'm willing to work within the system.

Now as to why they voted me down, I can't answer that. My resume would certainly qualify me but that doesn't seem to be very important. I can tell you that I don't have a very friendly relationship with Tana but the others and I are on good terms as far as I know. It's also rather curious how many turned up absent or abstained but I can't speak to that either. You'll have to ask them.

Jorge
11-13-2011, 09:01 AM

I can't speak for Ray, but speaking for myself...

I think a better start would have been a little more information when the issue first came up. We know who is going, who will need some additional training, and that the $10k is 'seed money'.

I understand the board can't be expected to address every minor issue. I understand that you can't make everybody happy all of the time, and some people are never happy.

The appearance to some is that some folks got in on a sweetheart deal and get a trip to Europe on the KCBS Visa. I think there are some legitimate questions there.

What could have been done differently?

1) Include the history of the program in either the BullSheet, board minutes, or both.

2) Establish clear and objective criteria and advertise the opportunity, allowing the most qualified candidates possible to apply.

3) Fill in the budget a little more, to answer any questions in advance, for those that are wondering just what that $10k is going to cover. Travel, lodging, meals, for example. I don't need to know to the penny what everything is costing, but I'd appreciate some additional info to try and form an opinion.

Those three steps, taken in advance, would most likely end the discussion before it began. As it stands, I think some people have some reasonable questions. I don't know that anything wrong has gone on. I do know that I'd have preferred for this to be handled differently.

Bigdog
11-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Dr. BBQ is one of the main faces and voices in the U.S. for competition BBQ. KCBS ought to embrace that, and use it to their advantage.

Well put. Anyone who has been to a contest that the good Dr. has attended and spoken to him knows that there is probably not a better ambassador for BBQ. I have spoken to him for the past 4 years at the Royal and he is always cordial, informative and professional. He is also very well known and recognizable. Sounds to me like the the kind of person that they would want. Go figure.:rolleyes: Sounds to me like there is more to the story.:drama: It's stuff like this that makes the BS in KCBS stand for Bull Sheite. :tsk: Thank you KCBS board members for showing your true colors by either voting no or abstaining. I now know who not to vote for.

Sledneck
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Why are WE spending 10k to go over and teach them??? I pay for my classes here. I'm sure many a cook would love a class paid for on kcbs dime here in the states. How many paid members are in Europe? I totally understand expanding comp BBQ but it's not where I want my membership, organizing fees etc to go. Wouldnt it seem more logical for them to fly here and take a class here on their dime?

MilitantSquatter
11-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Why are WE spending 10k to go over and teach them??? I pay for my classes here. I'm sure many a cook would love a class paid for on kcbs dime here in the states. How many paid members are in Europe? I totally understand expanding comp BBQ but it's not where I want my membership, organizing fees etc to go. Wouldnt it seem more logical for them to fly here and take a class here on their dime?

sounds like a nice vacation for a few husbands/wives. International outreach seems like a great long term initiative, but only after once your domestic house is in order.

I agree though that Ray Lampe is an ideal candidate for a program like this.

BOARD AGENDA - November 9, 2011

November 7, 2011

KANSAS CITY BARBEQUE SOCIETY
Board of Directors Meeting - November 9, 2011
AGENDA

Mark Simmons - As a member of the strategic planning committee and keeping in the spirit of the future expansion of KCBS to an international movement, I move that the following proposal be adopted:

PROPOSAL FOR KCBS INTERNATIONAL INITIATIVE:

MISSION STATEMENT: Recognizing barbecue as America’s cuisine, our mission is to celebrate, teach, preserve and promote Barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form by:

Increasing the knowledge and skills of Out of United States (O.U.S.) competition cook teams to successfully compete in KCBS competitions.
Instructing, training and certifying judges according to KCBS parameters so they could judge KCBS sanctioned contests anywhere in the world. ∑
Supporting and encouraging O.U.S. KCBS competition organizers. ∑
Increasing KCBS membership worldwide.

Approach:
1. Cooks - We will provide a general training for cook teams interested in US style competitive barbecue cooking. (Using KCBS four meat categories whenever possible.) See June 2011 BullSheet for class approach.
2. Judges - We will train and certify judges, as KCBS judges, in the countries where we are doing cooking instruction. See June 2011 BullSheet for class approach.
3. Organizers - We will mentor and follow through with organizers, following KCBS guidelines, just as we do in the U. S.
4. KCBS - We will interact with the KCBS office and any committee heads (sanctioning, judging, etc.) coordinating questions/issues that arise as a result of working with any of the above O.U.S. participants.
Proposals:
The members of our KCBS International Team are Wayne and Maria Lohman, Bill and Debby Gage, Jim and Becky Johnson. We are proposing to be named as the KCBS International Outreach Team.
A. We propose that the Gages and Lohmans will become certified KCBS judging instructors and that the Johnsons will be cooking instructors.
B. We would propose that Wayne Lohman and Carolyn Wells will be liaisons with the KCBS Board of Directors for the International Initiative. We will also form a team advisory panel utilizing international organizers, cooks and judges.
C. We would propose (reviewed and approved annually by the KCBS BOD) as a budget line item, for expenses that may be incurred (For example-possible costs for translation of any of our judge’s training and organizer manuals or costs for shipping the US rubs and sauces needed for classes).
We will account for all expenditures and work toward a permanent budget.
Known Issues:

Currency/Exchange Rate
Conveyance with KCBS (suggest electronic exchange)
Advertising of contest monies (currencies used)
Meat/Garnish availability. -Adjustments may need to be made due to availability of beef brisket. Adjustments of meats used may need to be made based on cultural or religious reasons. Adjustments may need to be made due to the availability/differences in lettuces/cilantro
Measurement differences - Meat weight - Box size

After discussion a call for the vote was made by Mike Budai. Seconded by Paul Kirk the vote was unanimous. The motion for the proposal from Mark Simmons was seconded by Tana Shupe. The motion was approved unanimously.

CivilWarBBQ
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Some of what has been posted in this thread is accurate and some is not.

Once again people are jumping to conclusions because they have only learned fragments of the whole story and a handful of hearsay. If you actually listen to the discussion in the BOD tape you will have a much better understanding of the events, and if you have additional questions you should call Wayne Lohman and speak to him directly.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it annoys me when people get up in arms over inflammatory posts without bothering to take the time to confirm the facts of the matter for themselves. This is exactly the sort of nonsense that creates divisions among the membership. All the energy taken up by these type of discussions acheives nothing but taking attention away from issues of true importance that need to be addressed within KCBS.

drbbq
11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Some of what has been posted in this thread is accurate and some is not.

Once again people are jumping to conclusions because they have only learned fragments of the whole story and a handful of hearsay. If you actually listen to the discussion in the BOD tape you will have a much better understanding of the events, and if you have additional questions you should call Wayne Lohman and speak to him directly.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it annoys me when people get up in arms over inflammatory posts without bothering to take the time to confirm the facts of the matter for themselves. This is exactly the sort of nonsense that creates divisions among the membership. All the energy taken up by these type of discussions acheives nothing but taking attention away from issues of true importance that need to be addressed within KCBS.

I gave my version. If you have other facts please share them or stay out of it.
You really think discussing this stuff is the problem? And not the actions? Really?

CivilWarBBQ
11-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you, but no Ray. What you hope to gain by asking me to point out inaccuracies and omissions in your posts in public I cannot guess, but I don't play those games.

I merely suggested that people become fully informed on an issue before forming an opinion.

However, since you have chosen to address me here in this way, perhaps you will answer one question: Exactly how do you feel that your communication style and past history with the Board makes you a good choice to act as an ambassador for KCBS?

drbbq
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Thank you, but no Ray. What you hope to gain by asking me to point out inaccuracies and omissions in your posts in public I cannot guess, but I don't play those games.

I merely suggested that people become fully informed on an issue before forming an opinion.

However, since you have chosen to address me here in this way, perhaps you will answer one question: Exactly how do you feel that your communication style and past history with the Board makes you a good choice to act as an ambassador for KCBS?

But how can we become fully informed if the people who "know" the facts, inaccuracies, and omissions won't share them with us? Once again please tell us the facts or stay out of it. Your vague references are just a smoke screen.

My past communication style with the board and my disagreement with a couple members shouldn't have them enforcing a vendetta against me if I'm a member and qualified for the assignment.

timzcardz
11-14-2011, 07:22 AM
BOARD AGENDA - November 9, 2011

November 7, 2011

KANSAS CITY BARBEQUE SOCIETY
Board of Directors Meeting - November 9, 2011
AGENDA

Proposals:
C. We would propose (reviewed and approved annually by the KCBS BOD) as a budget line item, for expenses that may be incurred (For example-possible costs for translation of any of our judge’s training and organizer manuals or costs for shipping the US rubs and sauces needed for classes).

To me this look like the introduction of a commercial product (marketing) to a yet untapped market on KCBS's dime.

Why wouldn't the first thought be to secure sponsorship to provide and ship rubs and sauces? Great expansion/marketing opportunity for the producer(s) and no cost to KCBS.

Fat Freddy
11-14-2011, 07:33 AM
The reason I got into bbq at all was because of one person, Ray Lampe. I have never met the good doc or even talked with him, but I have seen him on TV and have bought several of his books. Since I have become a member of this forum I have seen DrBBQ post on here and help many people out and just discuss BBQ. I very seldom even see or hear anything from the other "legends" anywhere.

Only speaking for myself, but to me not using DrBBQ as an ambassador of BBQ is a mistake and all personal disagreements between Ray and members of the board should have never come into play if this is truly about what is good for KCBS

Jorge
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Full Disclosure, for those that aren't aware: Ray is a personal friend of mine.

With that being out of the way....Purely in terms of marketing would a more well known cook, or cooks, be likely to lead to greater participation and possibly media coverage in Europe? Europe DOES have the internet, and they are actually very savvy about the use of it. Do you think Dr. BBQ, Chris Lilly, Adam Perry Lang (who spends a large part of the year in Europe the last I heard) for example would generate more interest and excitement via a Google search than Cook X? When presenting a subject matter expert it is kind of a big deal to have a resume to back that perception up. That's not a slam on the folks going to teach cooking elements in the program, and I've heard NOTHING negative about them. It's recognition of the fact that they aren't well known in this country to begin with.

I think the opportunity was there to getter a greater return on our investment.

JD McGee
11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I find it interesting that KCBS would be footing the bill for this program using my membership fees to teach overseas...how about spending the 10k up here in the Pacific Northwest...we're kinda like a foreign country when it comes to bbq...just sayin! :becky: Bummer Ray...their loss brother! :tsk:

kihrer
11-14-2011, 08:46 AM
The reason I got into bbq at all was because of one person, Ray Lampe. I have never met the good doc or even talked with him, but I have seen him on TV and have bought several of his books. Since I have become a member of this forum I have seen DrBBQ post on here and help many people out and just discuss BBQ. I very seldom even see or hear anything from the other "legends" anywhere.

Only speaking for myself, but to me not using DrBBQ as an ambassador of BBQ is a mistake and all personal disagreements between Ray and members of the board should have never come into play if this is truly about what is good for KCBS

I have to agree with this. Not sure what kind of beef the BOD has with Ray, but I can't think of very many people who rank higher on the who's who of BBQ than DrBBQ. Especially for those of us who are new to competition and are trying to improve our game.

Rookie'48
11-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Sooo, where's my KCBS class? I'm not Outside of the US, but I'm Outside of Kansas City - doesn't that count for something?

(please note that I AM being sarcastic here)

Jeff_in_KC
11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree with George that while there's nothing I've seen negative about the cooks they've chosen, there's not enough star-power there. Why in the world would you select unknowns with little KCBS cooking experience for the job? Why not open it up to applications to anyone interested and choose the best cooks to go? The whole thing smells to me.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
11-14-2011, 11:05 AM
First of all I agree Dr. BBQ would be good for the outreach.

But, looking at it in a kind of detached way, isn't this like inviting yourself to the party and then being unhappy when your not invited (even though you were never invited to begin with?).

It may just be that the board made their decision to have some unknowns conduct the classes and now pride is getting in the way of them correcting their error. Either way, I would prefer the money be pumped into the US, not international.

Divemaster
11-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Either way, I would prefer the money be pumped into the US, not international.

Bingo.

Let's fix our house before we start one on the other side of the pond.

timzcardz
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
But, looking at it in a kind of detached way, isn't this like inviting yourself to the party and then being unhappy when your not invited (even though you were never invited to begin with?).

Maybe it would be, if you weren't also paying for the party.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe it would be, if you weren't also paying for the party.

Point taken. So we can all go?

Jorge
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM

The mission statement, and 501C status covers the expenditure. I agree we need to do more here, but don't have a problem with this concept. My personal issue, is the way it has been handled.

If you have ideas about how we can do more in terms of education or benefits for members I'd sincerely like to hear them.

Frits
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Dr BBQ I am sorry to hear that you were not choosen to come to Europe to teach us.
I will be attending the KCBS judging coarse next year in the Netherlands. The next day we will compete in the Tony Stone competition.
This event will be held yearly so I hope you are allowed to come another year

drbbq
11-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Dr BBQ I am sorry to hear that you were not choosen to come to Europe to teach us.
I will be attending the KCBS judging coarse next year in the Netherlands. The next day we will compete in the Tony Stone competition.
This event will be held yearly so I hope you are allowed to come another year

Hey Frits,
Can you provide info about these events?

CivilWarBBQ
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Despite the fact that both the November and December BoD meeting recordings were available for every member to review, it's painfully obvious that practically no one who has posted on this topic has taken the time to go to the source and get the facts. While that validates my original observation, it saddens me. How many people will vote in the upcoming election based on similarly skewed information?

I did not want to summarize the BoD actions myself as that would only be yet another hearsay source, but it seems I must if the facts are to actually be known here. So here is my summation, with the following disclaimer: DON"T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ UNTIL YOU VERIFY YOURSELF!

1) Ray Lampe is not the only person who has asked to be part of the new International Outreach Team
2) Ray Lampe has not been barred from participating in this KCBS effort
3) Wayne Lohman stated in the open Board session that since multiple people wanted to apply, that an announcement should be made and the opportunity opened up to the membership at large.
4) Wayne Lohman stated that he believed Ray Lampe could be an asset to KCBS, and that his application should be considered along with all other members who apply.
5) Don Harwell insisted that a roll call vote should be taken on his resolution to immediately appoint Ray Lampe to the Team. The Board voted not to accept this resolution.
6) Wayne Lohman suggested that the Team should be open to anybody who wishes to participate and the group hosting the Team could decide which people on the Team they would like to come to their particular event.

Again, I am not involved in this in any way beyond simply being a KCBS member who is interested in the operation of the organization. I don't know why anyone would want to ask me any questions about this rather than going directly to the source, but anyone who wishes to do so is welcome to message me here or on Facebook and I will respond privately via email or telephone.

Gowan Fenley
Cartersville, GA

CivilWarBBQ
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
But how can we become fully informed if the people who "know" the facts, inaccuracies, and omissions won't share them with us? Once again please tell us the facts or stay out of it. Your vague references are just a smoke screen.

You should know by now I can't be bullied, Ray. Please refer to my post above. It's ridiculous that you should ask me to post them, as you either know them already and have chosen to omit them or you are grossly misinformed on the topic.

My past communication style with the board and my disagreement with a couple members shouldn't have them enforcing a vendetta against me if I'm a member and qualified for the assignment.

I agree completely with this statement. However, you have dodged my question as to your qualifications for the assignment. By definition, diplomacy is the major job of an ambassador. While I agree that you are certainly qualified as a BBQ cook and author, I'm not understanding how the "Honey badger don't care" attitude fits with the role of diplomat.

Nevertheless, I should think you would be happy with the direction the BoD is taking in inviting all interested members to apply. If your popularity overseas meets your expectations you should be in demand to be a part of International Outreach Events. Given this is the outcome you were seeking, it seems there is no reason to continue bashing the BoD about this issue.

Scottie
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Gowan, I've listened to both BOD meetings. Should Lohman have been voting on thos issue? I know the facts. these folks were voted in before anyone had a chance to apply or any discussion on their merits were discussed. As a member, how should i look at thosr issues or am i part of the misinformed?

Thanks

Frits
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Frits,
Can you provide info about these events?

Dr BBQ, this is the site
http://www.bbqguru.nl/index.php/Nieuws/editie-2012.html

The site is in Dutch, but google translate should do the trick.

CivilWarBBQ
11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Gowan, I've listened to both BOD meetings. Should Lohman have been voting on thos issue? I know the facts. these folks were voted in before anyone had a chance to apply or any discussion on their merits were discussed. As a member, how should i look at thosr issues or am i part of the misinformed?

Thanks

That's terrific Scottie! I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one who listens to the BoD meetings.

You ask a valid question about the charter members of the International Team. It would be a good one to pose to the Board. Certainly I'm never qualified tell you or any other member how they should look at any issue. Nor is anyone else for that matter! My only hope is that folks will gather as many facts as they can before making up their own minds, and consider their data sources.

If you're asking my personal opinion, my guess is that since this group had independently developed an International Outreach initiative already and were offering to bring it "in-house" to KCBS that they assumed they would continue to be a part of the program as an official KCBS program. Of course that is only my deduction as to the motive - if you really want to know you should ring up Wayne or Bill and ask them.

kihrer
11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Wayne's concern is that Ray represents Green Egg and has manufacturing connections. It sounded like to me that Don knew this wasn't going to happen because he mentioned the application of Ray's going in last month. Maybe something to do with the 72 hour rule last month which they did an override twice in the meeting. Tanna wanted it to go to closed session - she sounded a little ticked about the whole thing. My personal opinion, as someone who listened to the BoD, is that Ray got a bad shake. The old "let's be fair about it" doesn't seem to fair to me. But what do I know, I am only a newbie but in the short period of time I have paid attention, the politics run deep in KCBS!

Jacked UP BBQ
11-14-2011, 03:28 PM
There are a lot of people who deserve to go and maybe all that are going deserve it. If you take everything personal its never gonna be easy...

drbbq
11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Wayne's concern is that Ray represents Green Egg and has manufacturing connections. It sounded like to me that Don knew this wasn't going to happen because he mentioned the application of Ray's going in last month. Maybe something to do with the 72 hour rule last month which they did an override twice in the meeting. Tanna wanted it to go to closed session - she sounded a little ticked about the whole thing. My personal opinion, as someone who listened to the BoD, is that Ray got a bad shake. The old "let's be fair about it" doesn't seem to fair to me. But what do I know, I am only a newbie but in the short period of time I have paid attention, the politics run deep in KCBS!

Lol I wouldn't expect a fair shake from Tana but the BGE thing is ludicrous. They're getting briskets from Snake River Farms and donated Rubs/sauces from people and there's bound to be some cooker involved.

drbbq
11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Wayne's concern is that Ray represents Green Egg and has manufacturing connections.

Well it looks like at least one event is already scheduled and is sponsored by Grill Dome which is a competitor of Big Green Egg. Probably just a coincidence though.

You may have to translate.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbqguru.nl%2Findex.php%2FNieuws %2Feditie-2012.html&act=url

kihrer
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
There are a lot of people who deserve to go and maybe all that are going deserve it. If you take everything personal its never gonna be easy...

I am sure there are a lot of people who deserve to go - well maybe not a lot but several. What needs to be clarified for me is the true objective. I heard a bunch of talk about the Jack in the BOD. Why? Brown Foreman should pay for this initiative if all they are trying to accomplish is greater country representation at the Jack. Hell, they're loaded. Why does KCBS want to expand internationally? My guess is for more members and sanctioned events. Now if I am trying to accomplish that task, who do I want as an ambassador for BBQ. No doubt for me it would be Dr. BBQ. Why?

Take it from a newbie, when you are out there searching the world of competition BBQ, you are going to run across three prominent names: Chris Lilly, Miron Mixon, and Ray Lampe. Yes there are others but these are the names that are probably most recognized. Case in point, I just went through
that same search process not that long ago. I now own books by Lampe, Lilly, and Mixon. If I were told that any of them were going to be in my area, I'd come out to see them.

If I am KCBS and I am trying to grow the membership, and I just heard that one of the icons wanted to help out, you couldn't slow me down on how quick I'd be signing him up.

I'm not taking this personal beyond the point of being a voting member who thought the board did something really stupid. I will make sure my vote reflects that.

ModelMaker
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I guess my only question is why Mr. Lake abstained from the vote?
Ed

Sledneck
11-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I love all the posters above that disagre with the fact that mr lampe has brought this up. Wouldn't you if your name was brought up in a vote??? I suppose you would all sit back and take it? Bull sh!t.

I am against the entire idea to begin with but don't see that it was in any way inappropriate for ray to bring this out in public. I think many board members, their friends, businesses have taken a free ride for far to long.

Signed
Not renewing my kcbs membership ( at least until they force me to when I sign up for next years SAMs club series events, then change the location, then charge me a fee to give me back my money)

Jacked UP BBQ
11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Honestly anyone with a PHD in BBQ deserves to go.

White Dog BBQ
11-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Honestly anyone with a PHD in BBQ deserves to go.

I thought he was an M.D. and just prescribed BBQ for medicinal purposes?

Sledneck
11-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I always though the dr in dr bbqs name was initials for dirty rotten ? domican republic? Dumb redneck?

Bentley
11-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Despite the fact that both the November and December BoD meeting recordings were available for every member to review, it's painfully obvious that practically no one who has posted on this topic has taken the time to go to the source and get the facts. While that validates my original observation, it saddens me. How many people will vote in the upcoming election based on similarly skewed information?

About 85%.

I can only find the Nov meeting on KCBS site, how do you pull up archives?

CivilWarBBQ
11-15-2011, 02:22 AM
About 85%.

I can only find the Nov meeting on KCBS site, how do you pull up archives?

Ahh, now there's a fair subject to gripe about! As far as I know, there is no archive available to the membership.

KCBS only keeps the most current recording available on the Website. Why so stingy given the rapidly falling cost of storage and bandwidth these days I have no idea.

drbbq
11-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Ahh, now there's a fair subject to gripe about! As far as I know, there is no archive available to the membership.

KCBS only keeps the most current recording available on the Website. Why so stingy given the rapidly falling cost of storage and bandwidth these days I have no idea.

Why discuss this here Gowan? I'm sure if you emailed the board members directly they'd give you the real and honest answer. You're surely missing some facts that would clear everyone from any suspicion.

Sound familiar?

chicago jack
11-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Having competed at The Jack for the last 2 years I have learned a lot. This year I finished 2nd of the European teams yet only managed to finish above a very few of the US and Canadian teams. It is therefore very clear we;re missing something! I think that there is a market for Competition classes here in Europe and several of the big name teams could easily fill classes [if they weren't stupidly greedy with their fees] and I'm sure that they would be well looked after
as there are many of us who would love to repay the fantastic hospitality we are shown each time we visit The Royal or The Jack. One of our greatest problems is the high cost of shipping which prohibits us from experiencing the wide variety of rubs and spices that you guys have. Maybe some of the manufacturers could look into ways of helping us by sending samples for instance. in return we could then help promote/ endorse their products through our own BBQ Associations. What we also lack is the experience of competing against you guys more regularly so I for one will be trying to raise the cash and sponsorship to spend 3 months Stateside competing in regional competitions. Never the less, I would like to say that the help and encouragement that I have received from Wayne and Bill and the International outreach team has been immense and for that I am very grateful. I look forward to meeting as many of you guys as I can next year in my quest for better BBQ.

CivilWarBBQ
11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Why discuss this here Gowan? I'm sure if you emailed the board members directly they'd give you the real and honest answer. You're surely missing some facts that would clear everyone from any suspicion.

Sound familiar?

Please stop Ray. You're only embarassing yourself.

If you really feel the need to continue, you can always answer the question I posed to you yesterday that you have not answered.

ModelMaker
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
My mom can whip your mom........
Ed

Bentley
11-16-2011, 01:57 AM
I guess the question I would like to ask Dr BBQ is, what would you like to have seen KCBS do differently? I reread your OP and I am not sure...I mean are you just ruffled that You did not get selected, or do you think the selection process was flawed? What should have been changed?

Seems to me they took the vote knowing 3 folks were absent, why? Even the soft spoken, mild mannered person that I am might take exception to that. And why did one BOD abstain? As an almost 10 year Member of KCBS these are the question I find impossible to get an answer to and it just leads to apathy on my part and not wanting to participate with KCBS, other then to judge contests.

So, again, what sould the BOD have done differently?

HarryH
11-16-2011, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=drbbq;1850354]Well it looks like at least one event is already scheduled and is sponsored by Grill Dome which is a competitor of Big Green Egg. Probably just a coincidence though.

Last year I did organize the cook & judging class in the Netherlands. The Low & Slow BBQ team did the teaching. And they did huge job! with a lot of media attention. So American BBQ was wel promoted here.

As an organizer I did paid for everything because of that I have arranged locall sponsoring, also with Grill Dome as a sponsor for some cookers. It is just coincidence because I had the choice between Primo, BGE and Grill Dome. At the Dutch BBQ championship BGE is our sponsor partner, I am also a co-organizer of this event. So it is not about the brand of cookers.

It looks that is all about the money and about politics. But I know that is about the passion about BBQ and especially American BBQ Low & Slow. That is the reason why I organize this cook & judging class with the Tony Stone Low & Slow competition.

Like my friend from England already said: If we want te compete (like at the Jack) with American teams we need to practice more and learn more. To get a level playingfield. Because KCBS organize 350 competitions a year and there is none in Europe with the same set of rules. I would like to have more KCBS sanctioned compititions in Europe

If KCBS like to participate to expand this through their BOD decission. We entousiastic about this.

But I am funding my own event and I am happy that the Tony Stone Competition will be a KCBS santioned competition. And I if any American team will compete at this event we will give them them the same support and hospetality as we have get at the Jack.

drbbq
11-16-2011, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=drbbq;1850354]Well it looks like at least one event is already scheduled and is sponsored by Grill Dome which is a competitor of Big Green Egg. Probably just a coincidence though.

Last year I did organize the cook & judging class in the Netherlands. The Low & Slow BBQ team did the teaching. And they did huge job! with a lot of media attention. So American BBQ was wel promoted here.

As an organizer I did paid for everything because of that I have arranged locall sponsoring, also with Grill Dome as a sponsor for some cookers. It is just coincidence because I had the choice between Primo, BGE and Grill Dome. At the Dutch BBQ championship BGE is our sponsor partner, I am also a co-organizer of this event. So it is not about the brand of cookers.

It looks that is all about the money and about politics. But I know that is about the passion about BBQ and especially American BBQ Low & Slow. That is the reason why I organize this cook & judging class with the Tony Stone Low & Slow competition.

Like my friend from England already said: If we want te compete (like at the Jack) with American teams we need to practice more and learn more. To get a level playingfield. Because KCBS organize 350 competitions a year and there is none in Europe with the same set of rules. I would like to have more KCBS sanctioned compititions in Europe

If KCBS like to participate to expand this through their BOD decission. We entousiastic about this.

But I am funding my own event and I am happy that the Tony Stone Competition will be a KCBS santioned competition. And I if any American team will compete at this event we will give them them the same support and hospetality as we have get at the Jack.

I think this is great Harry and I appreciate you coming here to discuss it. My problem certainly isn't with you. I am very happy to see that you are having this cook-off and I might even attend as a cook.

The only reason I mentioned Grill Dome is because Wayne Lohman said in the BOD meeting that he was concerned about my relationship with Big Green Egg if I were to be part of the KCBS team that came to help you and others in Europe. While Big Green Egg is a large part of what I do, I'm very capable of working without them and I do it all the time.

The problem is this has all been done behind closed doors on the KCBS end. If Wayne wants to help you he is welcome. But when he asked for KCBS money to do these things in Europe it all changed. I'd love to come over and help teach my friends in Europe how to cook the Jack and there are better cooks than me that would be willing too. But instead you're getting a group of folks that have never cooked the Jack.

Scottie
11-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Seems a lot of focus is on the Jack... Great opportunity for me to throw my hat inthe ring. I mean ive cooked more than a handful of contests as well.

Of course id also be interested in going over for a World Champion class without the KCBS backing. Especially if it was in Amsterdam...:becky:

QN
11-16-2011, 07:41 AM
...Of course id also be interested in going over for a World Champion class without the KCBS backing. Especially if it was in Amsterdam...:becky:

Sounds like you want to go window shopping.... :-D

Babyboomerboy
11-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds like you want to go window shopping.... :-D

I get it///:laugh:

deepsouth
11-16-2011, 08:18 AM
when i got my first bge, one of the good doctor's books was the first i bought and it's where i got my kicking off point. he's the biggest face of BBQ today (i can't turn on a food station without seeing him, a good thing), so it's everybody's loss that he wasn't included.

HarryH
11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks Ray, you are welcome to compete as any American BBQ team, even with or without BGE.:wink:

[quote=HarryH;1851987]
But instead you're getting a group of folks that have never cooked the Jack.

I think you give them more credit than that. There is a cook on the team who has cooked at the Jack, Memphis in May and serveral other competitions then you know American BBQ. Maybe he has not publiced a book about it but he did cook.

The other teammembers do the judging class. It is the whole package about teaching KCBS rules, cooking, competition.

About the discussion within the KCBS or between you and KCBS it is between you and the KCBS. I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

HarryH
11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Of course id also be interested in going over for a World Champion class without the KCBS backing. Especially if it was in Amsterdam...:becky:

No problem to show you Amsterdam:wink:

Rich Parker
11-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks Ray, you are welcome to compete as any American BBQ team, even with or without BGE.:wink:

[quote=drbbq;1852044]

I think you give them more credit than that. There is a cook on the team who has cooked at the Jack, Memphis in May and serveral other competitions then you know American BBQ. Maybe he has not publiced a book about it but he did cook.

The other teammembers do the judging class. It is the whole package about teaching KCBS rules, cooking, competition.

About the discussion within the KCBS or between you and KCBS it is between you and the KCBS. I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

Do ya'll have any drums? I never been to the other side of the pond. :wink:

Jeff_in_KC
11-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I was not there but my opinion is just my opinion. It should be about the passion.

Even thousands of miles away with no KCBS sanctioned contests, some people get it! Very accurate comment! :thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

riblette
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
:bored:

Good thing the Honey Badger of BBQ just don't give a sh!t. If he did this thread would probably get ugly. :roll:

Scottie
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
No problem to show you Amsterdam:wink:

Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll:

Do they sell Jack Silver over there? Im cheap...:thumb:

HarryH
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
@Jeff_in_KC

Thanks Jeff, by the way we where standing close behind with our booth (with the pitmaker rig) at the Jack. congrats with your scores.

HarryH
11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
[quote=HarryH;1852129]

Do ya'll have any drums? I never been to the other side of the pond. :wink:

Yes have drums:thumb:

HarryH
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll:

Do they sell Jack Silver over there? Im cheap...:thumb:
We will take care of you, no problem

drbbq
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM

I'll bring my own Eggs :)

Rub
11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Who needs KCBS to go abroad?? Count me in too :mrgreen:

Sledneck
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Im there!!!!. And as long as I dont need to bring my Jack trophy... It's too big.... (that was a good natured jab at my fellow Jack brothers with their tiny GC trophies... ):becky::roll::

Scottie is a size queen pass it on :twisted:

Plowboy
11-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Scottie is a size queen pass it on :twisted:

I thought he was a just a queen. :drama:

BritToby
11-17-2011, 06:35 AM
and there is none in Europe with the same set of rules.

i have been reading the thread for the last few days and dont want to get involved with the politics at the moment.......... having said that, the British BBQ Society has been using identical rules to KCBS for the last 4 years. We held 4 competitions this year and have 6 in place for 2012.

Everyone is welcome to join us, its about education, experience and fun. As mentioned at the Jack, if there is any way i can help you Harry please let me know.
Cheers
Toby

kihrer
11-17-2011, 08:33 AM
i have been reading the thread for the last few days and dont want to get involved with the politics at the moment.......... having said that, the British BBQ Society has been using identical rules to KCBS for the last 4 years. We held 4 competitions this year and have 6 in place for 2012.

Everyone is welcome to join us, its about education, experience and fun. As mentioned at the Jack, if there is any way i can help you Harry please let me know.
Cheers
Toby

I always prefer World Championships that include several parts of the world. That being said, what do you hope to gain from KCBS reaching out internationally? What is the state of BBQ across the pond? Is there a plethora of back yard cooks? What kind of participation do you get at your contests? Do you see ribs ever becoming pub food?:becky:

Thanks,

Ken

kihrer
11-17-2011, 08:40 AM
I'll bring my own Eggs :)

Now that's got to be expensive:becky: Especially since Southwest Airlines doesn't fly across the pond. No bags flying free!

Welcome Mr. Lampe. Any baggage to check? Just a couple of eggs. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have packed them well. Uh - Uh- what are those, Dinosaur eggs? That will be $1500 please.:shock:

chicago jack
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I would be more than happy to share my vast experience of partying in Amsterdam with anybody who could make it across the pond ...lol..
John@BBQ Shack

chicago jack
11-17-2011, 08:49 AM
I always prefer World Championships that include several parts of the world. That being said, what do you hope to gain from KCBS reaching out internationally? What is the state of BBQ across the pond? Is there a plethora of back yard cooks? What kind of participation do you get at your contests? Do you see ribs ever becoming pub food?:becky:

Thanks,

Ken
I sell about 500lbs of ribs every week in this pub, Ken!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/24/jay-rayner-restaurants-bbq-shack

BritToby
11-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks,

Ken

i agree about world championships needing international participation to hold that title, which is why I would like to see an international element (through international qualification) at the American Royal. I do not see the value for KCBS over here but they obviously feel otherwise, financially i just cant see it being viable (and yes i am a member).

I have built the UK circuit from 5 teams in our first comp in 2009 to 19 teams in a single event this year, with 36 teams competing in our competitions throughout the season.

This article, in one of the nations biggest newspapers sums up the message I am trying to promote and gives you an idea of the coverage we are getting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8624087/Barbecuing-is-turning-into-a-competitive-sport.html

drbbq
11-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Now that's got to be expensive:becky: Especially since Southwest Airlines doesn't fly across the pond. No bags flying free!

Welcome Mr. Lampe. Any baggage to check? Just a couple of eggs. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have packed them well. Uh - Uh- what are those, Dinosaur eggs? That will be $1500 please.:shock:

Don't tell anybody but there is an Egg distributor in Amsterdam

kihrer
11-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I sell about 500lbs of ribs every week in this pub, Ken!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/24/jay-rayner-restaurants-bbq-shack

That's awesome! Bet it makes it hard to throw darts with sticky fingers:becky: Nice review by the way. I'll take a pint and a rack please.

kihrer
11-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Don't tell anybody but there is an Egg distributor in Amsterdam

Be careful, you never know what kind of smoke they used to cure those eggs in Amsterdam:heh:

Big Poppa
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I dont want to be in Europe when Scottie hits Amsterdam......Im going to sleep with flood lights on and heavy metal.

Jorge
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
I dont want to be in Europe when Scottie hits Amsterdam......Im going to sleep with flood lights on and heavy metal.

Dude, that's like an invitation to him:-P:becky:

Scottie
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Dude, that's like an invitation to him:-P:becky:

Im like a moth when it comes to lights and some good head banging... Although I am pretty sure i could envision the whole Bog Poppa gang and myself having a fun time.

Muzzlebrake
11-17-2011, 06:46 PM

Bet it makes it hard to throw darts with sticky fingers:becky: Nice review by the way. I'll take a pint and a rack please.

Be careful, you never know what kind of smoke they used to cure those eggs in Amsterdam:heh:

I'll take Ugly American xenophobic cliches for 400 Alex..........

Kit R
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
i agree about world championships needing international participation to hold that title, which is why I would like to see an international element (through international qualification) at the American Royal. I do not see the value for KCBS over here but they obviously feel otherwise, financially i just cant see it being viable (and yes i am a member).

I have built the UK circuit from 5 teams in our first comp in 2009 to 19 teams in a single event this year, with 36 teams competing in our competitions throughout the season.

This article, in one of the nations biggest newspapers sums up the message I am trying to promote and gives you an idea of the coverage we are getting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8624087/Barbecuing-is-turning-into-a-competitive-sport.html

That's awesome. I'm solidly behind the idea of BBQ becoming an international sport. When you guys win the Jack sometime in the (perhaps) not too distant future I'll be the first one there to shake your hand. Assuming DegŁello BBQ, whose pitmaster is the descendant of a disgraced horse thief from Poringham,Norfolk, England, makes it back there again!

kihrer
11-17-2011, 08:56 PM

A poor attempt at humor? Maybe. A xenophobic cliche? Not a chance.

drbbq
11-18-2011, 08:26 AM
That's awesome. I'm solidly behind the idea of BBQ becoming an international sport. When you guys win the Jack sometime in the (perhaps) not too distant future I'll be the first one there to shake your hand. Assuming DegŁello BBQ, whose pitmaster is the descendant of a disgraced horse thief from Poringham,Norfolk, England, makes it back there again!

The Mad Cow team from England DID win the Jack a while back.

QN
11-18-2011, 09:44 AM
The Mad Cow team from England DID win the Jack a while back.

2004 Mad Cow, England - Rick Weight

chicago jack
11-18-2011, 10:47 AM
2004 Mad Cow, England - Rick Weight

and Jackie Weight!

Muzzlebrake
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
A poor attempt at humor? Maybe. A xenophobic cliche? Not a chance.

probably same from me too......:thumb:

Jorge
11-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Cheers
Toby

Would you mind sharing those rules? I listened to your appearance with Greg Rempe last night, and understand that going forward you've addressed the rule regarding parting pork. I'd be curious to see what other changes, if any you've made.

Dr_KY
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow I'm glad this forum allows people to actually speak their mind without xenophobic censorship or blacklisting. I question a few things but I'll sit back till I know more. I'm recovering from Australia but will chime in later... after reading the thread in full.

Bigdog
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM

Now that is funny.:becky:

BritToby
11-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Would you mind sharing those rules? I listened to your appearance with Greg Rempe last night, and understand that going forward you've addressed the rule regarding parting pork. I'd be curious to see what other changes, if any you've made.

All of our sites will be updated over the next couple on months, happy to publish them when they go live. Having said that I have offered KCBS all of the events I had planned next year, really cant be bothered with the bickering and accusations so our rule changes may be irrelevant.

Would always be interested in rule opinions, i can only go by our experiences and am in a position to implement any glaring issues that may have been missed if KCBS do not take up the competitions.

drbbq
11-24-2011, 07:15 AM
All of our sites will be updated over the next couple on months, happy to publish them when they go live. Having said that I have offered KCBS all of the events I had planned next year, really cant be bothered with the bickering and accusations so our rule changes may be irrelevant.

Would always be interested in rule opinions, i can only go by our experiences and am in a position to implement any glaring issues that may have been missed if KCBS do not take up the competitions.

KCBS doesn't organize any contests anywhere so it's highly unlikely they'll take you up on your offer. IMO it's a big part of their success. Each contest has it's own character and is run locally.

BritToby
11-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I understand, just want people to know i am happy to pass everything over. You know what i am trying to achieve just running out of steam.

Dr_KY
11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Wonder if I should get a UK passport.

23:07