PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Brisket for a party????

biggs98
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm planning on smoking 2 briskets for a party, sliced and cubed. Going to smoke it a day or so before the party. I'm sure its ok to freeze it but does is the quality still there? If I smoke it the day before should I just keep it in the fridge? Looking for opinions from the pros. Thanks in advance!!!:thumb:

Trucky1008
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
It'll be fine in the fridge if you're smoking it 1 or 2 days in advance. Remember to bring the meat temp up to 165 degrees when reheating.

PCDoctor_1979
11-04-2011, 08:57 PM
+1. In order to be safe, you have to bring the temp up to at least 165* in two hours or less. A 1/2 foil pan that's completely full takes at least 60 min to heat in the oven at 350*. Adding a little bit of beef stock in the heating process won't hurt. Good luck!

armor
11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
This works well for me. I have taken a brisket, slice it and place slices in a tupperware type container. Then I pour beef stock over the slices until covered, place in the frig over night and then move to freezer. When ready to thaw I do so in the frig. I have left this in the freezer for 3 weeks and the meat was tender, no freezer burn. This is just like freezing fish in water.

Smokin Mike
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
If you have a food Vac, it's your friend, just vacuum the food and reheat later in boiling water for about 10 minutes, (I have used microwave, for personal use) and it's just as good as the day you smoked it.

nothing wrong with reheat with some beef broth, it will be awesome!!

biggs98
11-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the replies....I think I'm going to try and smoke it the day before and keep it in the fridge and reheat in oven then transfer to sternos. Hopefully the oven is working at the hall I'm bringing the food to:pray: