PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Rock Springs Boo Bash Throwdown

jraben
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
anyone cooking in the contest?

Ranch13BBQ
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Check out this link

http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/3rd-rock-springs-boo-que/team-list-for-rock-springs-cafe-boo-bash-bbq-throwdown/

bbqczar
10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I cooked this one,fantastic event,one of the most well organized and run events.The comp had 48 teams from 4 states.The winner will get a Jack draw.This event was the 2nd biggest in the state of Az.this year and was attended much better than the last 2 or 3 KCBS events that were lacking in teams due to the promoter.Looking forward to the next big BCS event !

Sylvie
10-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Very nice event sanctioned under BCS (Barbeque Championship Series) guidelines. I cooked this one and had a great time. Imagine weather temps close to the 90's (yea it was hot) the last weekend of October. We caravaned in from Los Angeles (a nice 7 hour drive). Though California didn't win the battle of the states against Arizona, considering we had 6 or 7 teams versus their 40 or so we gave them a heck of a battle.

AZScott
11-01-2011, 12:55 AM
This event was definitely a fun event and they are heading in the right direction. We had agreat time out there and congratulations to the teams that walked and a special congrats to David and Karyn for their GC and to Squeel Team 6 on their third place finish.

Mrs. McFrankenboo
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
This event was definitely a fun event and they are heading in the right direction. We had agreat time out there and congratulations to the teams that walked and a special congrats to David and Karyn for their GC and to Squeel Team 6 on their third place finish.

Hey Scott, why were you biting your tongue on a previous comment??:heh:

Crash
11-02-2011, 04:39 AM
There's a lot of discussion on scoring for this event on another forum. Still, sounds like it was an awesome competition.

AZScott
11-02-2011, 10:39 AM
It wasn't the scoring. We had an awesome contest cooking with Steel City BBQ as Straw, Sticks, and Bricks. 1st in Chicken, 4th in ribs, 30th pork, and 10th in brisket with "our" first RGC.

Overall, the event was awesome and I really don't have any complaints except I totally forgot to buy a pie on the way out.