PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian BBQ

Outnumbered
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm in Chicago for business and skipped the conference banquet, because, well, I thought I could do better than rubber chicken. I was headed to the Weber Grill Restaurant and saw a Texas de Brazil. If your never been to a Brazilian BBQ, you're missing out. They assault you with meat and it's the greatest thing ever. Been to several here and in Brazil. It's better there, but its among the best meals you'll ever get, even in the U.S.

Smoothsmoke
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Yup, love those places. All you can eat MEAT!

Dallas Dan
10-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Yep, I've been to the real deal down in Rio...what a memorable trip that was! Texas de Brazil is about as good as it gets to Brazilian BBQ in the states. Be sure to go on an empty stomach because it's all you can eat Q.

Outnumbered
10-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Be sure to go on an empty stomach because it's all you can eat Q.

And don't load up at the salad bar. A waste of good stomach space.

woodbutcher1
10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Great Experience in fine dining Brazilian style . Sal & Carvao in Chicago.:thumb:

Outnumbered
10-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Great Experience in fine dining Brazilian style . Sal & Carvao in Chicago.:thumb:

Butcher: I've got one more night here. Where is it?:thumb:

BBQ Bacon
10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
All you can eat meat on a stick! Hmmmm. We're heading to Bolero's for our daughter's birthday next month. Her choice. What a proud papa I am!

Ron_L
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Texas de Brasil is OK. Fogo De Chao is OK. Sal & Carvao has shut their doors. There is a new place in the building that used to be Sal & Cavao in the western suburbs that is better than any of the US churrascaria's that I have tried...

http://www.chamagaucha.com/

They have also gotten excellent reviews on Yelp. They also have locations in San Antonio and Houston.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chama-gaucha-brazilian-steakhouse-downers-grove

The best churrascaria I have been to was Porcao in Rio. I went to the Ipanema location and it blew me away.

http://www.porcao.com.br/porcaosite/home/home.php

Their web site is in Portuguese and I couldn't find an English version, but I didn't look too hard.

Gore
10-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I bet any potato served in such a restaurant is really just a garnish.

Outnumbered
10-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Best thing about a churrascaria in Brazil is the hump. They don't do that here. It's the Brahma cattle they have and it's what is sounds like...the hump on the back of a Brahma. Like a brisket in reverse. It's awesome.

That and the quail eggs and the fresh mozzarella that's grilled. Outstanding stuff.

Jaskew82
10-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I love them...

iampaulb
11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Don't forget to sign up for their email lists...

Texas De Brazil, Master Grill, and Rafain all send out coupons around birthdays and anniversaries.

My wife loves the grilled pineapple so it is an easy sell to go out to eat with a 50% off coupon!

Cloudsmoker
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
BTW - wasn't too impressed with Webers. Keep hearing folks in Chicago rave about it. Curious if I had a bad night or my folks don't know what they're talking about.