PDA

View Full Version : Is Dark Sauce a No No?

powerpig
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm going to be in my first comp this weekend and just finished making my sauce. I've been making it for a while and due to the ingredients, it comes out dark.

I've read several comments here that dark sauce detracts from the presentation. Is that true or am I worrying to much?

Feedback would be appreciated.

AZScott
10-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Unless it's black I'd call it good as long as you don't lay it on too thick.

ClayHill
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm going to be in my first comp this weekend and just finished making my sauce. I've been making it for a while and due to the ingredients, it comes out dark.

I've read several comments here that dark sauce detracts from the presentation. Is that true or am I worrying to much?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Dont worry to much about what it looks like(too much).......just make sure it taste good. I know a team that does well with a dark sauce, dont sweat it...

powerpig
10-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Good advice so far. I appreciate it.

boogiesnap
10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, question is, what makes it dark? If I is tOo far from the norm, you may be scored down in taste as well as appearance. But, of course, depends on how it tastes.

Crash
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Do you have a picture of it on the finished product?

wormdrink67
10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
I think if you're putting enough sauce on the product to be able to tell what color it is you're putting to much on. The sauce should be an accent to the taste but also to the aesthetic quality of your product. Put it on thin, make it shine, and you'll be happy....and so will the judges.