PDA

View Full Version : L.a.!

lcbateman3
10-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Well new job. So have to go out for L.A. a couple of weeks starting 10/24. Looking for decent places to eat. I will be in the Rancho Dominguez are working, staying in Torrance. I should have the weekend free. Also, if any brethern want to meet up with an NC boy, I'm game!

gtr
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Big Mista (http://bigmista.com/vending/) sells in Torrance a couple days a week. Later today I'll dig up some places, and you're more than welcome to come over to my place - I'll give Moose a holler too - shoot me a PM. :thumb:

YellowSuge
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Check out Bludsos in Compton, BigMista at the Torrance Farmers Market (he's only doing Saturdays now at that location), Phillips in LA or Inglewood, and Bodacious Q in Carson (right next to Cal State Dominguez). There's a few other decent places, but those are my favorites.

BBQ Bacon
10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Is it so wise to suggest ANY WHERE in Compton?
:shock:

gtr
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Is it so wise to suggest ANY WHERE in Compton?
:shock:

I haven't been through there in a while, but it's not some crazy war zone like most people think. If you're driving around there at 4am, you might find some trouble. If you're going to get some bbq for lunch or dinner, it shouldn't be a problem.

lcbateman3
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Sittin at CLT waiting on my flight to LAX.

gtr
10-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I'll try and dig up a previous post I put up for someone a few months back with a bunch of restaurants and whatnot. Also, if you wanna come by Sunday 30 & have some grub that'd be cool - couple other folks might be coming by as well. Culver City isn't very far from Torrance. :thumb:

telecomic
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I was in Los Angeles this past week for a last-minute work trip, and I didn't have much free time to go visit any of the Brethern's places, but I'll be back out in a couple of weeks, and this will be a good shopping list!

A friend took me to Mr. Hogly Wogly in Van Nuys on Wednesday, and the brisket and beef ribs were a bit on the sweet side. But, the portions were MASSIVE - I have made people at the Salt Lick look at me like I have a hollow leg, and I couldn't make it through Hogly's brisket and beef ribs. The highlight of the meal were the baked beans - really, really sweet with good texture and a hearty taste.

And, yeah, Compton's not that bad. I actually was walking in Inglewood to get a Mel'O Burger, and other than a guy pulling the "hey man, my car ran out of gas" trick, I didn't have any problems, just some good tacos and a burger!

gtr
10-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Here's (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1576622&postcount=5) something I put together a few months ago - most of the places are a little ways off from Torrance but I figured I'd throw it out there.

If yer wildly bored on Saturday I'll be slingin pulled pork sammiches with beans and slaw at the Halloween Carnival at my kids' school from 11-3.

There are a couple Chik Fil A's down yer way if you get the hankerin - one in the Del Amo Mall and one in the South Bay Galleria (or South Bay Center - can't remember what they call it).

gtr
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Here's (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1576622&postcount=5) something I put together a few months ago - most of the places are a little ways off from Torrance but I figured I'd throw it out there.

If yer wildly bored on Saturday I'll be slingin pulled pork sammiches with beans and slaw at the Halloween Carnival at my kids' school from 11-3.

There are a couple Chik Fil A's down yer way if you get the hankerin - one in the Del Amo Mall and one in the South Bay Galleria (or South Bay Center - can't remember what they call it).