PDA

View Full Version : I've been waiting all day. St. Louis River Rub!

SeriousQue
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Discuss....

Smokin Mike
10-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Nope. and please leave it alone, a man's health is at risk, no contest is worth that, ever.

nthole
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Nothing to discuss. It's over. Could you believe the weather for an October contest?!?!? 90F down on that lot on Saturday midday. Can't beat that.

Cokyjara
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I would think the real story should be gotten out. I decided to just judge this contest and the KCBS rep got the call around ten on Saturday that the funds were not all available. That and the contest organizer had left the grounds. I heard an awful lot of complaining by the teams and would like to understand what really happened. I figured walking around and getting the whole story was probably not a good idea. However, I think everyone here is adult enough to understand mistakes and unfortunate circumstances are part of everyone's life. It would be better to talk about it than just ignore what happened. I hope this event gets a second chance. I was hoping to compete next year as it is so close to home & I enjoyed some really good boxes that I sure wish I knew how to get those results!!! Please advise on the possibility of next years competition if anyone knows. I for one would be willing to give a guy a second chance. Sometimes it takes a second chance to make things right!

quarters69
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Nope. and please leave it alone, a man's health is at risk, no contest is worth that, ever.

What are you talking about. Who's health. I'm sorry but a problem like that needs to be discussed so everybody understands what happened.

Fat Freddy
10-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I must have missed something.:confused:

jbrink01
10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Go look for yourselves at WiredBBQ.........
BTW - No second chances here.

SeriousQue
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Go look for yourselves at WiredBBQ.........
BTW - No second chances here.

Where on wirebbq?

stlgreg
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
What are you talking about. Who's health. I'm sorry but a problem like that needs to be discussed so everybody understands what happened.

Someone has attempted to take his or her own life since 8 a.m yesterday morning. No further details from me. There is not enough here to pass the knowledge along so please don't - you would just be spreading a rumor.

Neil, the weather was awesome. I had a great time on Friday.

If there is another contest in STL on this wekeend next year it will NOT be the same organizer/organization/name (whatever) it was this year.

We really just need to let this be. For those of us that were there yesterday i think we have talked enough about it already.

jbrink01
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Greg - Your points are well taken.

I really hope a downtown contest can be put together, as looking at the arch and stadium before dawn Saturday was pretty darn cool.

The weather rocked and it was a great group of volunteers and cooks!

Jeff_in_KC
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
The real story here is not the problems with the organizer of this contest but rather the volunteers who made the contest actually happen when so much more could have gone wrong. I don't know everyone but I know Stan Hays (who puts on the comp here in Pleasant Hill with me) and his wife Amy, along with Shane Petzold and his dad Dave worked their ARSES off to make things as good as possible for the teams under the circumstances. Make no mistake - they were deceived as well going into this but they stepped up and made it happen and I'm as proud as hell of them for what they did! Their work showed the true sense and meaning of "BBQ family".THAT, my friends, is the story to be told here.

nthole
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I agree with Jeff, a contest downtown was pretty cool and I hope it can be done again. Although I couldn't see the Arch, I was just hearing trucks and trains! :wink: So maybe in a SLIGHTLY different spot!!! :grin:

stlgreg
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The real story here is not the problems with the organizer of this contest but rather the volunteers who made the contest actually happen when so much more could have gone wrong. I don't know everyone but I know Stan Hays (who puts on the comp here in Pleasant Hill with me) and his wife Amy, along with Shane Petzold and his dad Dave worked their ARSES off to make things as good as possible for the teams under the circumstances. Make no mistake - they were deceived as well going into this but they stepped up and made it happen and I'm as proud as hell of them for what they did! Their work showed the true sense and meaning of "BBQ family".THAT, my friends, is the story to be told here.

You are right Jeff. It was great to meet and work with Stan. A couple of the other names would be Charlie Brinza and Brian Butts. I am sorry if I dont remember any of the other names.

nthole
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM

I couldn't agree with this more. Stan, Shane, Amy, Dave and Greg were a DREAM TEAM of volunteers who did everything they could to help in any way. They are all terrific folks who are wonderful examples of Brethren in the BBQ community.

SeriousQue
10-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Found it, Jeff.

Fat Freddy
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Thank you for the info given, I was going to go check it out this weekend but got the opportunity to go to Arlington, Texas to watch the ALCS on Sunday(rained out so gotta wait until tomorrow another expensive night at hotel). So drove to Texas Saturday and thought I missed something, which I did.

I wont ask for anymore info on it but thank you for letting me know

SeriousQue
10-09-2011, 10:33 PM
http://www.facebook.com/wiredbbq

Rookie'48
10-10-2011, 12:40 AM
That SUX!

stan
10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I want to thank all the teams and volunteers at the contest. I know many were upset probably not near as upset as me or my wife! I can tell you that the only reason Shane, Dave, Amy and I stayed were to ensure that our BBQ Family was taken care of because it would have been easy to get in our cars and drive home. A thank you from me to Charlie, Brian and Greg for stepping up and proving that St. Louis has some great organizers in Brian and Greg check out there contests. Charlie made so many things happen behind the scenes most of you will never no but wanted to say thanks.

Plowboy
10-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Greg runs a great contest. I'd go back to STL again. He works his tail off.

beam boys bbq
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I was not there and see the video all I can say is WOW

bbq ron
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
yes he does :-P:-P

nthole
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM

I've never cooked it, maybe next year, but I've judged it many times. He runs a tight ship from a judge's perspective. I'd never hesitate to sign up to cook or judge something he was involved with.

Ponderosa BBQ
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
What I don't understand is why they paid out to top 3 knowing they did not have money to pay out all 14 spots in each category NO ONE should have gotten any money until this fecal could be worked out!!! 9th place is just as deserving as any of the top 3 I called Kcbs they are going to have an meeting this wed if Kcbs does not make it financially square with the rest of the 4th to 14th teams that got calls. I'm going to be a pissed of moe.

jbrink01
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM

Yes he does.

Plowboy
10-10-2011, 09:51 PM
What I don't understand is why they paid out to top 3 knowing they did not have money to pay out all 14 spots in each category NO ONE should have gotten any money until this fecal could be worked out!!! 9th place is just as deserving as any of the top 3 I called Kcbs they are going to have an meeting this wed if Kcbs does not make it financially square with the rest of the 4th to 14th teams that got calls. I'm going to be a pissed of moe.

And NOBODY wants to see that! :pray:

(Well, I wouldn't mind ringside seats, actually. I pity the fool who messes with Big Moe. :boxing:)

stlgreg
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
And NOBODY wants to see that! :pray:

(Well, I wouldn't mind ringside seats, actually. I pity the fool who messes with Big Moe. :boxing:)
Thanks, feel like that was the first time i smiled since Friday