PDA

View Full Version : Grillin Fools Backyard BBQ

jmill88
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks

ammoore
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks

I'm going to go, looks like a good event to take my 5yr old son, the small pit, have a good time and give away some food to the public if I have leftovers.

jmill88
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that they will only have 1 round of judging this year. Last year they did two and it was difficult to time all of the turn ins.

King
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I did the Bash last year, but not this year....bummer, the event is a lot closer to where I live this year. It was my first backyard contest and I did ok; 3rd in ribs, 3rd in pork steaks. It got me hooked to do more, I did 3 contests this year with excellent results.

We didn't have 2 turn-ins last year, only 1. I guess Scott made more changes because this year was suppose to be 2 rounds. However, there is a lot more to do at the St. Charles venue, it should be a good time.

Good luck to you. I may be stopping by to check it out.