PDA

View Full Version : Huntingdon County Customs LLC

padawan6510
09-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Apparantly I was took by Huntingdon County Customs LLC. Anyone else having problems with them? They seem not to be able to return calls or answer emails. Hate to have a negative post, but I don't like these types of business practices either.

BBQ Bandit
09-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Please be patient... Brian is a trusted and valued brother here...
He could be on vacation... just had one major difficult month... organizing and juggling his work, a charity event, and a BBQ Brethren Battle simultaneously.

He may be out of the office... needing a getaway.

smokinin614
09-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Well....What happened..

padawan6510
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Ive been very patient. Its been quite a few months and many emails. They could at least respond.

Cook
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
If it indeed has been months and you have tried multiple forms of communication, then there is no excuse short of hospitalization.

That would be very poor customer service...if true.

jimbloomfield
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I have done business with Brian before a few times. One time did take longer then the others but he did come through. Hopefully he will contact you soon. He does great work!

garyk1398
09-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Pm sent.:tsk:

rookiedad
09-30-2011, 09:31 AM
did you try to pm him? he has answered mine almost immediatly.

jlane
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I bought one of his keg smokers off of him back in '09. Communication was slow at times but he did come through.

Smokin Turkey
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for letting me know about this through a PM guys. I also PM'd the new member with an issue with me.

I hate to make excuses but yes I have been in and out of the hospital from being hit by a truck in a pedestrian accident along with the events Bandit listed below. I contacted him in PM to find out what the deal is and get it taken care of. Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

I feel like part of the problem is I originally tried to make my business look as professional as possible with the truck wrap and the cool looking website so people expect me to be a large business with multiple employees and the truth of it is I am everyone who works for the company from management to design to fabrication and shipping so as I have seen growth this year I have not been doing as good of a job of organization and a couple orders have fallen through the cracks.

I assure all of you I am not in the business of screwing anyone over.

Thanks.
-B

JMSetzler
09-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm glad this thread came up because I apparently missed the existence of this service in the past somewhere. I think I'm gonna need one of these grates for my drum at some point in the near future :)

deguerre
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I assure all of you I am not in the business of screwing anyone over.

-B

Always knew that, as I think most of the other members who have been here awhile. Didn't know you were injured! Hope you're better now and have a full recovery!

Smokin Turkey
09-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I havent been on the brethren allot this year as I said Im running it all by myself and the luck hasnt been in my favor. Usually I have a student working for me over the summer who helps me and I train in metal fab which didnt happen, then I had some health issues, a lightening strike which nuked my machine, then the parts come in and the "heat dome" had my entire opperation down for a week. Even my air compressor was over heating. It was around 104 F outside and over 130 F inside! It was just one thing after another and I just didnt want to come dumping that on the group when I havent been able to really share in builds or Q or anything in a long time.

I did the Q for the Wounded Warrior Appreciation day with a few volunteers. We did 16 butts at about 150# of pork and 200 sirloin steaks, 100 burgers and 100 dogs for a bunch of really great people. That was the weekend of our intense flooding. The plan was actually for the veterans to go fishing on boats and then eat my Q. Turned out the lake was shut down as they took on 8' of water over the 28 mile lake!! (that's allot of water!!) then the following weekend I had the BBQ at the Beach competition here at Lake Raystown.

Not as an organizer but as someone who saw what went on, I was really happy and disappointed at the same. I was happy for who came out and split up to give us the 25 teams we needed to be a jack qualifier. Not so much for me and the future of the event but for the teams who were counting on that as a potential for them. I was disappointed at all the teams who didnt show up and I even had 1 send me a txt the day of the event saying they wouldnt be making it. I spent the week prior to the event catching up on orders, making trophies, and calling nearly every team in the north east to fill the event.

I apologize for letting anyone slip in the cracks but I take responsibility for it and I'll make it right.

Again, I appreciate all the good things U guys have to say about my work. It really helps when sometimes Im overwhelmed with the bad stuff.

NorthwestBBQ
09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Get well soon!

Smokin Turkey
10-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Just an update - We are exchanging PM's and getting this sorted out.

Thanks!

padawan6510
10-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Well no, we havent sorted things out. He will not answer the phone, return calls or emails. The pm I got was that it was shipped, but he will not provide a tracking number. Meanwhile Im getting pm's from many others who "slipped through the cracks".

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE MORE DAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT BRIAN.

btcg
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Well no, we havent sorted things out. He will not answer the phone, return calls or emails. The pm I got was that it was shipped, but he will not provide a tracking number. Meanwhile Im getting pm's from many others who "slipped through the cracks".

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE MORE DAY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT BRIAN.

:icon_shy

Smokin Turkey
10-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Thats funny I have no missed calls and no voicemails from you. I have 2 pm's from you asking for a tracking number after I get in from working in the shop all day. Notice the time stamp here for your records. and note Im gonna get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

I doubt you are getting PM's from others who "slipped through the cracks."

I really dont appreciate being flamed here. I sent you a message in good faith you would allow me the chance to make things right. I've said I would make an inquirely into your package and I would ship you another if that grate is infact lost. You have to be able to appreciate from a small business stand point I cannot just make and ship products out without first confirming they didnt arrive. I have been burned on that one before.

This isnt done yet and I did post that message after I sent you a reply to your PM. I am not dodging your calls but maybe you should leave a message if you want a call back. I get calls from all over the country everyday at all hours of the day. When I am in the shop I dont hear my phone which happens to be a cell phone. Im also not getting your emails if you are sending them. Believe me that this is a simple grate and nothing I would be dragging my feet on. Ask any of the brethren here if I have ever run into troubles getting them a product. I know of 2 and both were made right. I was even offering to drive one to the most recent customer who wanted to present the item to someone at an event which luckily turned up in the UPS system.

So I will ask that you keep this civil and respectful. Like I always say when I find myself in a situation like this...
"I will bend over backwards to help my customers but I'll never bend over forwards."

padawan6510
10-04-2011, 10:58 PM
We are beyond civil Brian. I have left several phone messages for you over the course of many months. All of which is documented. I have saved all of my attempted emails that you never responded to.

And yet, you still WILL NOT provide me with a simple tracking number to support your claims of sending my order.

I have had three pm's from this website and two from your facebook site with sad stories of you taking your customer's money and not delivering anything. They all share the same common excuses from you: ran out of material, wife is sick, I got hurt, shop is too hot, I shipped but UPS lost it...etc.

No more lip service Brian. You have one more day to get me a tracking number.

BobBrisket
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I think that at this point, it's a customer service issue for both of you to resolve within Brian's Venture Forum. There is nothing that the forum or the members can do to resolve this issue. For the most part, none of us can prove either side at this point, nor should we.

Note: Moved with a redirect. I suggest other members let both of them handle this on their own.
Hopefully, a postive outcome will transpire for both sides. PMs have been sent to both parties. The Venture Forum has been automatically locked due to Expired Vendor Subscription at this time.

Bob

BobBrisket
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Forum has been unlocked so that further discussion can take place within this forum.

Bob

Smokin Turkey
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I appreciate all the info you have posted. If all this was the case and you were out for anything other than character defamation, you would have just called your credit card and claimed a missing item. I am calling BS on this whole thing.

Also the part where you posted from my website that the item hasnt shipped, I can quote the confirmation email you received as all customers receive when the order is placed on the system.

"Please know our order tracking system does not update as it is stated below this line. We use an
outside shipper from the Yahoo Shopping system which will not allow updates."

You may truly not have your grate but I honestly did send it and I honestly have been doing all the right things. I know at some point around the time of me letting you know I was injured in a pedestrian accident a full refund because I just wanted to settle everything. Something in me feels like you are an unhappy person and you would rather run this into the ground than just accept a refund or the product. You tell me. I have tried to deal with you in private and I am trying to deal with you in the open.

Your move.

PS- keep in mind anyone else who is reading this that this guy registered specifically at this forum to flame me. What has his other posts been??

This is my livelihood and my reputation you are messing with and believe me I will defend my actions with a clear conscious.

Smokin Turkey
10-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Also you claim to have gotten emaisl from people who have also been "victimized" How about having them post here as well. How about you provide some proof to your claim because right now out of over 725 orders run through my website over the past nearly 4 years, I have 3 unhappy customers who have contacted me. You being 1 of them. That is better than most ebay sellers satisfaction. 0.001% negative feedback. Im not nullifying your feelings of being harmed but given the chance a month ago for a refund and now also offering the refund and all along having the option to contact your credit card company, I mean it just kinda makes this all out to sound like you want this to be painful or you need a cause to be a PITA.

You tell me what you want and I will overnight a check or a product to you signature required tomorrow.

I cant imagine that with that option on the table offered in plain sight of everyone that visits this forum you can be unhappy with this offering. Hell I will even post pictures of said check/product and video of it leaving my hands at the shipper.

Keep in mind the shipping on this probably will cost more than you paid for the thing but I am willing to do that so that maybe (just maybe) you would calm down in the next couple weeks, enjoy your grate, and say... "I was one of very few who didnt have a spectacular experience getting the product from Huntingdon County Customs LLC in Huntingdon County, Huntingdon, PA 16652 but in the end and as always, the company stepped up, ate the costs and made a genuinely great product which I will be happy with for many years. I might even tell a friend."

So I will check in on this in the morning for your response. I've had another long day and tomorrow will also be long but I do it because I love BBQ, fabrication, and building my business honestly.

Smokin Turkey
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/hccllc2008/702.jpg

The extremely simple grate design proof approved by you.

Smokin Turkey
10-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Im still waiting for a reply to my offer.

carlharper
10-06-2011, 06:58 AM
I too experienced problems with an order that I felt took waaay too long to be fulfilled to completion. There were some lapses in communication along the way and a wide variety of excuses. In the end, Brian did come through with the three custom items I requested. I am completely satisfied with the product(s) and the workmanship. I also found that some of the negative conclusions I had reached during the process were unfounded. I would order from Brian again.

Brian is a hard worker and devoted to the barbecue community.

timzcardz
10-06-2011, 07:59 AM
As a VERY satisfied customer of Brianís/Huntingdon County Customs, I was avoiding posting in this thread, thinking that it would just die and fade away, but Class Action Suit? District Attorney? Really?

ďHate to have a negative post . . .Ē Really? After joining the Brethren, this is your third post? Doing something that you hate?

IMHO youíve taken what is a private business transaction and chosen to publcly turn it into something personal.

Is Brian perfect? No. None of us are. But does he do the right thing? ABSOLUTELY, YES!

I have ordered three grates from Brian, and all three were complex and a long way from simple, yet he delivered on all of them.

Were there issues? Yes.

On the first one, it was around the Holiday season and UPS lost the shipment. Brian fabricated another one and delivered it. UPSís fault, and Brian gladly corrected it.

On the third one, it was shipped out, and from UPS tracking it appeared to have gotten stalled for days or lost in one of their facilities. The delivery date was critical because it was being presented to someone at a competition. Brian understood this, and although it was again UPSís fault, he was prepared to fabricate another one and have it delivered overnight. Fortunately for both of us when he put a trace on it with UPS it magically reappeared in UPSís system and was delivered in time.

And this has been with what I think are some of the most detailed and complex grates that he has done.

I am sure that I will be ordering again from Brian.

http://www.cal-lector.com/Brethren/GrimReaperGrate800x.jpg

http://www.cal-lector.com/Brethren/BrethrenGrate2.jpg

HECK! Even Santa proudly delivers Brian's grates!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/chief-222/DSCF3436.jpg

padawan6510
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
OK. Let me see if I can explain my situation again. I purchased custom grates from Brain a long time ago. I approved my simple design a long time ago. Ive called Brian many times. I left messages with no response. I emailed from his web page many times and again no response. I did track him down to this website with hopes that he would respond and he did - sort of.

His PM to me: Your grate has been shipped. I will locate your grate or ship you another.

Ok thats great. That should take 5 mins to check and respond with some time of tracking to let me know the product is in transit. But now Brian still has not provided a tracking number and Ive learned through Yahoo Shopping Services that the product was never shipped.

Left with no other recourse, I have made a formal complaint to BBB and to Yahoo Shopping Services with their merchant abuse center. My efforts so far to rectify this issue. Sure I could have called my bank a month ago when I was in the quagmire of no communication with Brian. Charges would have been filed and he would be looking at a felony right now. That's still an option for me.

I did a lot of research on my grates to match smoker that I bought almost a year ago. I was very impressed see Brian's grates featured on BBQ Pit Boys page. Brian's web page states that all orders will be completed in two months. Communication will be made with delays. He even warranty his product. Brian did not fulfill the promises made and by law - he defaulted.

My post back to Brian was to let him know that time was running out. I meant it. I hope I got his attention this time.

Brian, I would love to have your product grace my smoker. But you need to ship now - not in a few days when you get around to it, NOW. At this point I don't need to know how great your product is or how beloved you are to the BBQ Community. That's what sold me when I made my order. But to savage my opinion of you and your business at this point, you need to complete this transaction. Provide a tracking number and assure your product is in transit. Just as I have been asking for many months.

OK? Are we clear now?

Smokin Turkey
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I am just in for lunch right now and I've read your statement. I am going to blow through lunch to get these grates cut, hand finished, and packaged before the UPS leaves today. I can't promise they will make it as the driver has been through here between 1-3pm lately. It will leave tomorrow for sure. In my doing this, I must make my own stipulations.

#1 - all complaints through all places you filed be dropped.
#2 - all negative reviews claiming to have not received a product be deleted or a rebuttal be left as I am sure not all websites will allow you to delete your posting but if the option is available they must be deleted.
#3 - I want something posted here in this thread when you receive and use these grates. A picture, a comment, something about them and that this follows along with the all negative reviews and feedback requirement that you do something to restore the damage you have caused me with this incident.

That is all I will post on this right now but I am happy that we can meet half way on this.

padawan6510
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Damage I caused you? As your customer, I resent that.

The reviews are an accurate depiction of your business and the customer service you have demonstrated. Had you completed the transaction as agreed via the stipulations posted on your website when the order was made, we wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

There is no negotiation here and I refuse to have my order held hostage. You complete the order now or I will seek additional recourse.

BBQchef33
10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
admin note:

ok.. this has gone far enough. padawan, take it offline and private, where it should have been in the first place. I usually dont get involved in vendor forums, but this is getting out of hand. Huntingdon has made it clear that he will make things right and you continue to challenge. It ends here and now publicly. Another bitter or threatening public post and you will be removed from the forum.

bbqbull
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Swearing and name calling is against our rules.
You were told to take it private and you failed to do that.

Please reply with a post that fits our rules Smokin Turkey.

BobBrisket
10-06-2011, 11:41 PM
admin note:

ok.. this has gone far enough. padawan, take it offline and private, where it should have been in the first place. I usually dont get involved in vendor forums, but this is getting out of hand. Huntingdon has made it clear that he will make things right and you continue to challenge. It ends here and now publicly. Another bitter or threatening public post and you will be removed from the forum.

Swearing and name calling is against our rules.
You were told to take it private and you failed to do that.

Please reply with a post that fits our rules Smokin Turkey.

Please read the text in BLUE. From here on out, take it OFFLINE. Take it to PM's. Take it to EMAIL. Take it to a phone conversation..........BUT take it to a ONE ON ONE (PRIVATE) manner. Not here on the forum.

Got it?

Bob

BobBrisket
10-06-2011, 11:45 PM
admin note:

READ CAREFULLY AGAIN. Thanks.