PDA

View Full Version : Non Sanctioned Local event--May 20th, 21st

Solidkick
05-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Several local teams that will be cooking the BoCo fair will be doing a non sanctioned cookoff the weekend of May 20-21 at the Tiger Shrine building.

$100.00 entry fee........be a good time for some to get their feet wet at a low cost.

St. Louis guys, are you in?

It'll be a great time, that's for sure!

If anyone has questions, contact myself, or BellyBro, or BellyBrotherII and we'll try to get you more information. Dunno if Spicewine is cooking this one, but he may be a source of information too.

One of our Brethren, Jamey (LazyQ Acres) is (I believe) the contest organizer.

chad
05-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Non-sanctioned are fun! Half the time the judges don't know 'que from ALPO! :D

Go for it - good entry fee and local bragging rights! :D That's worth a lot.

Solidkick
05-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Half the time the judges don't know 'que from ALPO!

Geez, I didn't think of that!! :shock:

Following KCBS rules, just don't have 25 teams..........

chad
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Following the "rules" and having CERTIFIED judges are two different things! :D

spicewine
05-10-2005, 06:24 PM
The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

Solidkick
05-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!

kcquer
05-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!

Best of Luck Brother, Bring home the Gold!!!

smokincracker
05-18-2005, 08:12 PM
The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

sounds like you own this contest spice man!!!
Your the one to knock off!!! Good luck Smoke well!!!
Have some great fun guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

jminion
05-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Spice if the new owner doesn't mind I would like to get a close look at your cooker.
Let me know.
Jim

The_Kapn
05-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Jay--gonna be a hard act to follow last year :lol:
But, you can do it!
Wishing ya the best.

TIM

spicewine
05-19-2005, 07:59 AM
It was a very small contest last year. I am hopeing that all of the Missouri Brothers show up this year. It will be very difficult . Belly Bros, Chicken Pig and Natural Born Grillers are all very good at what they do! They will be bringing their A Game I'm sure.

Bellybro
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Not to self: Pack the Hillbilly Horseshoe game so I can beat Spice at something this weekend.

Solidkick
05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Rub is made, and also made a new jug of "MoFo Show Stopper" BBQ sauce, (KC it has a name now........) 8)

I'm trying to stay relaxed, I'm gonna try to enjoy this one.......

BellyBro, bring the washers game.......I think I can take Jay in that........ :wink:

Solidkick
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Not to self: Pack the Hillbilly Horseshoe game so I can beat Spice at something this weekend.

You'll take him in chicken.....you got the "secret weapon"...........
:twisted:

Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod

Neil
05-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Have fun guys. Small, local, non-sanctioned event is the only type of comp I've ever done. We have a blast.

spicewine
05-20-2005, 09:00 AM
You'll take him in chicken.....you got the "secret weapon"...........

That's O K , I've got a Wing and a Prayer!!!

icemn62
05-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Good luck in the Comp

spicewine
05-21-2005, 05:03 PM
OUCH!!!! Just got SPANKED by the Belly Brothers cooking team. We had a very disapointing finish to this contest but thought our turn in's were pretty good (will post pix of turn in's). Congrats Guys & Sweet T we look forward to a rematch in July

Kick-----Keep an eye out for us.

Shiver Me Timbers Mod.

Spice

Solidkick
05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
OUCH!!!! Just got SPANKED by the Belly Brothers cooking team. We had a very disapointing finish to this contest but thought our turn in's were pretty good (will post pix of turn in's). Congrats Guys & Sweet T we look forward to a rematch in July

Kick-----Keep an eye out for us.

Shiver Me Timbers Mod.

Spice

ARGH!!
Thank you brother, matie!! LOL (we'll explain later)

Solidkick
05-21-2005, 06:09 PM
The MoFo Brethren site visitors had a pretty successful weekend. Spice posted he was disapointed, but what I saw of his food, it looked very good. Thanks for being such a gracious host Friday evening, we all had a great time!

Big Un's BBQ received an honarable mention for brisket, a nice accomplishment. Mark, I'm proud of you!!

Chick-N-Pig BBQ got the walks started off when Skip's son, Samuel, took 1st place in the 11 and under kids Q. That, my freinds, was a kodak moment, and I hope we get a picture posted of his walk!! I was so happy for him. WTG Samuel!!
Skip faired very well, 1st in ribs, and I believe 3rd in pork. Father and son both got to walk at the same contest!!

The Belly Brothers had an unbelievable day........

2nd in chicken
3rd in ribs
2nd in pork
1st in brisket

And Grand Champion

This was a totally awesome feeling, for the team to take the walk 5 times. Unlike Charleston, where we thought things went pretty smooth, but no money, I thought maybe we struggled a bit today. All of us are excited about our placings.
My wife, Sweet T, even got in on the walk, picking up the award for brisket. A team victory..........

It was a great time, and it certainly is fun to win one!

The_Kapn
05-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, Well, Well--More GC's among us :lol:
Sounds like some great cooking and some great fun by all.
Conrats guys.

TIM

chad
05-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a great day.

Congrats.

icemn62
05-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Congrat to Solid and the guys, hope to see pics.

lazyjacres
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
A Great Smoke'n job by the Belly brothers. I think everybody had a great time and enjoyed some good Q.
Thanks to everyone that came out and supported me this weekend. It is my intention to sanction this one next year.
Spicewine had some good advertisement this weekend. I think all the smokers except 2 were their products or a fascimily there of.
We'll do er again next year.
Jamey

Solidkick
05-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Following the "rules" and having CERTIFIED judges are two different things! :D

We actually did have at least 2 certified judges, that I know of. They were from Kansas City area, I believe, and have judged the AR and Lenexa cookoffs. They came by the site early, about 9:30, and I watched them walk around observing and conversing with other teams as well.

We talked about the scoring system, as it is set up now. All I asked them was to be fair to every team, and consider what all the teams have invested in time, food, and equipment.

spicewine
05-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Skip: Nice job !! I know you were real proud of your boy this past weekend!! His smile while he was getting his award went ear to ear.

Mark: Good showing at the contest!! Would have liked to try some of that brisket!!

Jamie: Thanks!! Real fun contest this year!! We had a blast.

ANY TIME YOU CAN WALK THE STAGE---IT'S A GOOD DAY!!

Spice

parrothead
05-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeehah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job belly bros.

BBQchef33
05-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Congrats to the Belly Bros. Seems they havent been here yet so they must be basking in the glory :)

Bigdog
05-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Way to go Bellybros. We are proud of you.

Bellybro
05-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Finally a free moment to check in!

A little overelmed but enjoying the ride.

Was probably one of the funnest contest I have been to.

Jamie, Thanks again for organizing the event, everyone had a blast! And thanks for letting Gary borrow the parrot!!!!! The plaques are awesome, very nicely done. We will definitly keep this one on the calendar!

Jay what can I say, I always seem to have a great time when you and your posse are around. You guys are a blast! Thanks for those awesome wings and ABT's on friday night. They hit the spot!

Skip's son was grinning from ear to ear! I love watching kids get recognition, he was excited, and Mom and Dad were looking pretty proud as well!!!!!!!

Mark, was great to see you out cooking! Look forward to many more!

And thanks to my team mates. You guys and especially T make these cook offs a blast! Everyone works well together, it takes all of us!!!

Thanks to for the kind words and encouragement from everyone here on the board!!!!

BrooklynQ
05-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Congratulations Belly Bros!

BellyBrotherII
05-23-2005, 07:00 AM
My Brother said it all, Spice, thanks for the laughs, and all you do at these events, Jamie, You are a Great Host, and thanks for having us. Skip, awsome Job bro, and tell your son, Very Good job. This was an event that will get bigger every year and we hope to see more teams next year. I will get the pics unloaded from the camera tonight and get them posted later. Kick you may have to size them for me. Thanks Brothers!

kcquer
05-23-2005, 07:44 AM
2nd in chicken
3rd in ribs
2nd in pork
1st in brisket

And Grand Champion

Awesome!! Totally Awesome!!! Well done Brothers!! I am seriously proud of ya!!! :D :D :D :D :D

jt
05-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Way to go, Bellys! Awesome showing.

Wish I coulda been there. :(

sigmasmokers
05-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Way to go guys. Can't wait to see pictures of the Victory Smiles.

Steve

spicewine
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Our turn in boxes.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Hello Brothers,
Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to spend time with you all. You all are the best and I am glad to be able to call you all my mofo brothers.
Spice, Kick, BellyBrotherII, Bellybro, Mark,and Jamie thanks for all the fun.

The best part for me was seeing my son Samuel get to walk up and get his 1st place award. The expression of excitement in his face was truly unforgettable. I will never forget that moment!!!! This is what its all about :D :D :D

As for the Chick'n'Pig BBQ Team I am proud of us. 1st in ribs, 1st in the kids Q, 3rd in pork and 4th over all. This was our 2nd contest. How could I ask for more!
Spice as you already know I love my smoker, Everyone that stopped by was amazed at the smokers that you build. :D

Skip

Solidkick
05-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Belly Brothers turn ins...............

The_Kapn
05-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Good looking pics by all!
Thanks!
TIM

Solidkick
05-24-2005, 06:04 PM
More pictures..........

Solidkick
05-24-2005, 06:13 PM
more pictures.....

BrooklynQ
05-24-2005, 07:06 PM
great pics man. looks like a really great time

smokincracker
05-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Belly Brothers turn ins...............

Some of the best boxes I have EVER SEEN! :wink:
That Pork box looks awsome.
The brisket box is a 10 no question.

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.
Obvious why you guys did well. 8)