PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to Buckhead Barbecue, Smyrna GA

Redheart
09-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello my friends and fellow 'Q'ers. As some of you know Dave 'Uncle Bud' and I have decided for the time being to stop daily vending and pursue catering and competitions again. Well this decision, although I think the wisest and best thing for the both of us at this time left me in need of finding a 'real' job again. The last one I had ended on April 30th, 2009. So a few weeks ago I got a job at a start up restaurant.

I am the pit boss for Buckhead Barbecue on Highlands Parkway in Smyrna GA. I have been working many long hours and just this week have been able to trim back to a more reasonable load. The menu is immense, (too big IMHO) but since they brought in a great guy to run the line I don't have to worry about that anymore.

The kitchen manager is the nephew of Dave Po, so he has some BBQ experience, but I have had to fight him somewhat on a few things such as if you want me in at 8am you will not have ribs ready by opening at 11am. But enough of that.

My real purpose here was to invite each and everyone of you to come and visit and give it a try. I am there M-F, thru lunch and leave after I get more chicken, ribs and other small meats on for the dinner crowd and of course the big meats prepped, rubbed and on the 700 for the 16 hour overnight cook (between 3-4pm). I was supposed to work 6 days a week but the GM doesn't want to pay me that much overtime.

If you do decide to give it a try, remember to as for 'RED' and I will see about giving you a quick tour of the kitchen and smoke house. I hope to see you there!:becky:

Oh yeah .... this might help ya if you need more info:
http://www.buckheadbarbecuecompany.com/

Saiko
09-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm on it bro! I'll swing by next week for lunch. Have some good brisky waiting for me! :-D

hogzgonewild
09-23-2011, 10:10 PM
That's on my home from work! I'll be there soon!

canoe
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I will come by and check it out too, we usually go to old south for lunch when we want some bbq.