PDA

View Full Version : A Life's Dream has been Realized!

kcmike
09-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Like everyone else, I've always dreamed of competeing at The Jack. And, like most everyone else, that dream has still eluded me. However, since I started this rub business last Feb, my perspective changed and my new dream has been to have our spices compete there instead.

Well, a couple days ago, I found out that one of the teams competeing there will be using our spices! I won't mention their name here or anywhere to protect their anonymity, but needless to say, it's an ABSOLUTE HONOR to have them use our spices in this prestigious contest. I am truly humbled.

To the team which shall remain nameless and to everyone else using our products, Thank you for your business!!!

Mike
Oakridge BBQ

Arlin_MacRae
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Outfarkingstanding!! I wish them and you the best of luck!!

colonel00
09-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Congrats! That is a great achievement in itself. While personal glory of attending, competing and potentially winning such a great event would be outstanding, having your product being used and the advertising there in I think could even be more rewarding.

SmokeMeTender
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Way to go Mike. I hope the team does extremely well.

deguerre
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
^^^^^ What he said. I hope they NAIL it.

Rub
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
That's awesome Mike, congratulations and much success to you both!

Ryan Chester
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Way to go Mike, I know the feeling. I wish your team the best of luck.

bbqbull
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Outstanding news Mike!!!

spicewine
09-21-2011, 05:22 PM
One of my best memories is when I first saw my stuff in the grocery stores. I felt like I had made it to the big time. Good luck with your venture.

Podge
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Like everyone else, I've always dreamed of competeing at The Jack. And, like most everyone else, that dream has still eluded me. However, since I started this rub business last Feb, my perspective changed and my new dream has been to have our spices compete there instead.

Well, a couple days ago, I found out that one of the teams competeing there will be using our spices! I won't mention their name here or anywhere to protect their anonymity, but needless to say, it's an ABSOLUTE HONOR to have them use our spices in this prestigious contest. I am truly humbled.

To the team which shall remain nameless and to everyone else using our products, Thank you for your business!!!

Mike
Oakridge BBQ

I really admire that !!.. I hope to someday have products out there, but I could only imagine the time and effort it takes to do that !.. best of luck at the jack, and best of luck to your products being used there too !

meatinc
09-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats Mike! Hopefully - someday - Meat, Inc. will carry Oakridge to the Jack. (I wouldn't hold your breath though). :rolleyes:

NorthwestBBQ
09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
:thumb:

RangerJ
09-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Thats great news Mike! Go Team Oakridge!

Mornin' Wood
09-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Woohoo! best of luck to you and them! Congratulations. I hope they rock!

Brauma
09-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Man, that's awesome! I wish you and the team all the best!!!

QansasjayhawQ
09-23-2011, 09:53 PM
You know, Mike, I don't think I've ever tasted your products, but since you offer such a reasonable sample pack at your web site, I've ordered it.

All I can say at this point is that tasting better than Plowboys Yardbird Rub is going to be a challenge.

But in any case, it's awesome that your product is taking a team to the Jack!

Congratulations and I can't wait to sample your stuff! (Well, you know what I mean.)

Nomanerz
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Congrats Mike!!! and best of luck at the Jack!!!!

Sticks-n-chicks
09-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Very cool they helped me finish top 10 this past weekend.

kcmike
09-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Very cool they helped me finish top 10 this past weekend.

Congrats, Will! You guys are on a roll lately!!! Keep it up! :thumb: