PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 6th Annual Barn Burner Bar-B-Q at Lambs Farm October 14th and 15th.

Divemaster
09-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok, I know I havenít been around much this summer and havenít done anywhere close to the number of comps that we wanted to, but this is one that we wonít miss!

On top of that, we are planning on our Second Annual Birthday Party for our team member Angelo. Same rules as last year, Iíll supply the ham, bread, and condiments, you all supply the other stuff.

So who all is coming?

Stoke&Smoke
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
We'll be there! I can bring chili again if you like.

big brother smoke
09-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok, I know I havenít been around much this summer and havenít done anywhere close to the number of comps that we wanted to, but this is one that we wonít miss!

On top of that, we are planning on our Second Annual Birthday Party for our team member Angelo. Same rules as last year, Iíll supply the ham, bread, and condiments, you all supply the other stuff.

So who all is coming?

Somebody needs to go to Cattle Call!:rolleyes:

Divemaster
09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
We'll be there! I can bring chili again if you like.
That would be great!
Somebody needs to go to Cattle Call!:rolleyes:
Tell you what, you come out here for the comp and I'll go to Cattle Call....

FatBoyz
09-22-2011, 08:55 AM
What know ones going? Well i'll be there. But i'll be be incogneto

Ron_L
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM

So who all is coming?

We'll be there! We'll think of something to bring for the party!

The big coffee pot will be on for Saturday morning and I should have bags of coffee available for $12 ea.

big brother smoke
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
That would be great!

Tell you what, you come out here for the comp and I'll go to Cattle Call....

Chit, I might have, if I was not coming this weekend for a wedding.:rolleyes:

Coz
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Give Angelo a happy birthday from us ! Ya might see us for a visit but most likely not .

moosesbbq
09-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Jeff,

Let me know what you need, don't want to double up on stufff. How about I convince the wife to make a salad or two?

Trucky1008
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Are they still taking teams for this one? I can't seem to find any registrtaion for this event, the website must be having some problems. Does anyone have a copy of the registration they can share? Thanks!

Ron_L
09-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Are they still taking teams for this one? I can't seem to find any registrtaion for this event, the website must be having some problems. Does anyone have a copy of the registration they can share? Thanks!

Here you go... Check with Stephanie. She sent out a last call a few days ago.

Trucky1008
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Here you go... Check with Stephanie. She sent out a last call a few days ago.

Thanks Ron!

Scottie
09-26-2011, 04:11 PM
CSC will be there. Always a fun one becauae it's the last one of the year for folks.

Brew-B-Q
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Brew-B-Q will be there. Ordering pizzas has become a part of our schedule, but we'll stop by and share a few beers for the birthday.

bogyo1981
09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Bogyo's Mojo is coming

Divemaster
09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Jeff,

Let me know what you need, don't want to double up on stufff. How about I convince the wife to make a salad or two?
That would be great!

Brew-B-Q will be there. Ordering pizzas has become a part of our schedule, but we'll stop by and share a few beers for the birthday.
That reminds me, it is BYOB... No way I can afford beer for all you guys!

Stoke&Smoke
09-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Oh and here I thought there'd be a kegger or two! :wink: Kidding!
Although hopefully the boys will have some Raki!

We'll have chili, HogJam, and watermelon pickles for the party

Ron_L
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Unless someone has a request, I think we'll bring our now-award-winning Chipotle Potato Salad (third place at Murphysboro).

billm
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
this is close to work so hoping to stop up and visit a bit on
Friday

abigroot
09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Kens Burnt Ends will be there. Our first KCBS comp.....second ANYTHING comp. Did the Grayslake Downtown Rib Throwdown with Moose and did pretty good....mainly looking to have a good time. See you all out there.

FatBoyz
09-29-2011, 08:09 AM
i just want to say i will not be able to start the porta pot tipping this year but i do expect someone to step up and fill in....

Harbormaster
09-29-2011, 08:14 AM
i just want to say i will not be able to start the porta pot tipping this year but i do expect someone to step up and fill in....
If only I was closer, if only I was closer.

Got too many things going on that weekend else I would be coming down to hang out with y'all.

Billy, I was able to read that without my Rosetta Stone Billy v2.0. WTF?

chicagokp
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm planning on stopping by Friday night to visit. Looking forward to meeting some Brethren!

Divemaster
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm planning on stopping by Friday night to visit. Looking forward to meeting some Brethren!

Swing on by our site then... a bunch of them should be there.

FatBoyz
10-01-2011, 03:36 PM
sorry clark... i think i'm getting better at the speelin thing.... lol
i will have special gift for Anjilo

bogyo1981
10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Captain Ron since having your coffee in Murphysboro, Dunkin's coffee doesn't taste the same.

Ron_L
10-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Captain Ron since having your coffee in Murphysboro, Dunkin's coffee doesn't taste the same.

Sorry... Or maybe not :-D

bogyo1981
10-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Nothing to be sorry about. Lets kick a** in Lambs Farm

Divemaster
10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
this is close to work so hoping to stop up and visit a bit on
Friday
That would be great! Way to long no see!

Kens Burnt Ends will be there. Our first KCBS comp.....second ANYTHING comp. Did the Grayslake Downtown Rib Throwdown with Moose and did pretty good....mainly looking to have a good time. See you all out there.
We almost did that comp but something came up. It'll be good to see you at the farm!

I warn him. I think he may just try to keep Jimmy between you and him! LOL Maybe I can get him to bring your favorite drink to!!!!:thumb:

Ron_L
10-06-2011, 01:55 PM
For those planning on cooking in the Chili Challenge on Friday night, please pay close attention to the e-mail from Stephanie today...

Also, an update on preparation of the meat in the chili contest. The Lake County Health Department has asked that all meat used in the chili contest be purchased the day of the competition (October 14.) There is are Jewel and Dominick's stores very close to Lambs Farm, and a Mariano's and Sunset Foods that are just a few miles farther. Please bring the meat in its raw state and make sure it is stored appropriately (in a cooler on ice or in a refrigerator.) Please have your receipt with you to show proof of purchase on October 14. Chili meat will be inspected at the same time as the meat for the KCBS categorie

(bold is mine)

This means that brisket chili is out unless you get there early enough to smoke the brisket on site. That knocked us out since the chili that we won with at Westmont last year was a brisket chili and that's what I was hoping to make this year.

Also, I remember from years past that the Lake County Health Dapertment was very picky. They inspected each chili competitor and checked the chili holding temp AND they require a three bin wash setup and checked the sanitizer levels in the sanitize bin. I'm not sure if they would allow a trailer sink to be used or not.

Stoke&Smoke
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Good call Ron, sorry they eliminated you. I seem to recall only like 3 or 4 teams did chili at LF last year. I see no real justification for having to buy it that day!

If anyone needs one, I'll have a bottle of test strips for sanitizer though.

Divemaster
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
You guys can still make chili and bring it to the party... just sayin....

Ron_L
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
You guys can still make chili and bring it to the party... just sayin....

I was planning on bringing potato salad but I'm not making it on site. I hope you don't bust me :rolleyes: :thumb: :boxing:

Stoke&Smoke
10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah, and it'll be brisket chili!:thumb:Made ahead of time! (always better the second or third day anyway. That is one good use for a crockpot! We'll bring along some chopped onions and cheese for it also.

Kind of playing it by ear right now, Shot Fairy got a new job (:clap2:)at least for now, which means I may come up by myself to set up, and she can come up when she gets off work (I took a vacation day) Hopefully, we can talk the neighbors into venturing up to have a look, and bringing Di and Ember along for the ride once she's home. I just don't want to wait until 5 or 6 to leave home!

Ron_L
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Good news on the job front!

SCSmoke
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
We'll be there for our second contest. I will try to introduce myself around better this time. First contest I was so busy freakin out over the cook didn't wander around enough. Also hope this weather holds it has been great this week.

Ron_L
10-06-2011, 09:42 PM
We'll be there for our second contest. I will try to introduce myself around better this time. First contest I was so busy freakin out over the cook didn't wander around enough. Also hope this weather holds it has been great this week.

We all understand... What's your team name?

SCSmoke
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
We all understand... What's your team name?

Second City Smoke... Our first contest was Grill Games in Kenosha ... I am pretty sure you were there.

Ron_L
10-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep. We were. I think we may have met on Friday night. If not we'll meet at Lamb's!

brewerjamie15
10-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Forgive the foolish question, but can I just show up and meet some of you guys? I won't be competing at all, just wanna maybe come see and meet some fellow brethren. One thing that would stop me for sure is if the Brewers are still playing, otherwise I think I can make this thing.

edit: which day and time would be best as to not bother anyone while cooking their entries?

bogyo1981
10-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Friday

Divemaster
10-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Forgive the foolish question, but can I just show up and meet some of you guys? I won't be competing at all, just wanna maybe come see and meet some fellow brethren. One thing that would stop me for sure is if the Brewers are still playing, otherwise I think I can make this thing.

edit: which day and time would be best as to not bother anyone while cooking their entries?

Swing on by our site on Friday after the cooks meeting (say about 6:30 or so) and join us!

Ron_L
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Friday evening is definitely the best because we have less to do and can spend more time visiting. If you can only make it on Saturday we can usually spare a few minutes between tasks until about 11AM, but don't be upset if we are too busy when you come by. Just come back a few minutes later and we may be able to chat. Between 11 and 1:30 we're nuts getting turn ins ready, so come back after 1:30 and hep us clean up :-D

FatBoyz
10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
if he brings out that nasty greek wisky wantabe krap i will start a birthday boy spanking line i swear i will

Divemaster
10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
if he brings out that nasty greek wisky wantabe krap i will start a birthday boy spanking line i swear i will

Ohh, come on Billy... You know you liked the Rakhi!!!!!

Divemaster
10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Just got a note from Claudia and she said that she is going to stop by and see us on Friday at the party... Just a little incentive to be there!!!!

SCSmoke
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Did you all get that email from Stephanie at Lambs Farm saying that the Lake County Health Department wants us to purchase all of our meat the day of the event? I am hoping that they mean only for the chili cook. If not this seems crazy to me.

Ron_L
10-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Did you all get that email from Stephanie at Lambs Farm saying that the Lake County Health Department wants us to purchase all of our meat the day of the event? I am hoping that they mean only for the chili cook. If not this seems crazy to me.

Yes, it only applies to the chili competition. I posted about it earlier in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1809285&postcount=30

The health department has nothing to do with the KCBS categories since those aren't being served to the general public.

Divemaster
10-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Yep, no chili, no problem.

Stoke&Smoke
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
BTW, I notice a LOT of first time teams this time. For those reading this, one thing to be aware of. Most comps we've done have running water within a reasonable distance of your site. While this one does, it's a bit different. Unless Stephanie has made a change, there are no "trees" to distribute water. Just two spigots, which I believe she marked out in the cooks packets. You need to be sure to bring containers to fill for any water needs! Leave your hoses at home. (although I'll have mine 'cause it's buried in the camper too far to dig out)

chambersuac
10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Just got a note from Claudia and she said that she is going to stop by and see us on Friday at the party... Just a little incentive to be there!!!!

Stop flirting! You're practically married! :becky:

Wish you all much success this weekend.

Divemaster
10-11-2011, 07:31 PM
BTW, I notice a LOT of first time teams this time. For those reading this, one thing to be aware of. Most comps we've done have running water within a reasonable distance of your site. While this one does, it's a bit different. Unless Stephanie has made a change, there are no "trees" to distribute water. Just two spigots, which I believe she marked out in the cooks packets. You need to be sure to bring containers to fill for any water needs! Leave your hoses at home. (although I'll have mine 'cause it's buried in the camper too far to dig out)

That's VERY true and as I recall, it wasn't all that close so bring your walking shoes.

FatBoyz
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Or do what I do filter beer though your body till it runs clear. Tara water sorce

Stoke&Smoke
10-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Or do what I do filter beer though your body till it runs clear. Tara water sorce
:tsk: I think you owe me a keyboard!

Divemaster
10-12-2011, 09:25 AM

:tsk: I think you owe me a keyboard!

You've got to be kidding me... You knew full well Billy was hanging around just waiting to jump on a comment like that... I say buy your own keyboard...

Stoke&Smoke
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
touche:roll:

SCSmoke
10-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Has anyone used their KCBS membership card to get in the restaurant depot in Chicago? I have a friend that did it in Phoenix just wondering if they allow it here.

Divemaster
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Has anyone used their KCBS membership card to get in the restaurant depot in Chicago? I have a friend that did it in Phoenix just wondering if they allow it here.

It should work that way. From what I understand, you just go in, ask for a free day pass and show them your membership card.

I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones that still has his original card when the offer first came out though I'm now stopped each time and told that I'm not allowed to have any more cards. LOL...

Stoke&Smoke
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM
If you want to play it super safe, just log in to KCBS as a member, go to the discounts link, click the RD logo, and print the page.

I have the same situation as Dive, they stop me, but then say,, "Oh, it's ok, go on"

Divemaster
10-13-2011, 09:52 AM
If you want to play it super safe, just log in to KCBS as a member, go to the discounts link, click the RD logo, and print the page.
That's a GREAT idea...:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have the same situation as Dive, they stop me, but then say,, "Oh, it's ok, go on"
Yea, and I love how the always say "Damn, you do get around don't you!"

billm
10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Ohh, come on Billy... You know you liked the Rakhi!!!!!

someone mention rakhi?!!:clap2:

Divemaster
10-13-2011, 12:05 PM
someone mention rakhi?!!:clap2:
I think I have about two inches left in the bottle and Billy gets the first shot since he keeps talking about it... lol

Coz
10-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I think I have about two inches left in the bottle and Billy gets the first shot since he keeps talking about it... lol

Now I aint telling ya what to do but I do remember in Fort Atkinson Billy washing the side of your vehichle and was curious if there was any paint left :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Pig Daddy
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I'll be there. Look for the orange Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ Banner - if I can find it that is. Hope to meet some of you.

Stoke&Smoke
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Well, the season ended for us in much the same way as it went all along. We'd just left the house, had to stop at the store for ice and beer, and then....truck died. Eight blocks from the house!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Four comps this year down from 6 due to "technical difficulties" Lessee, 1st one, power went out, second, roof caved in, and now this!

Towed it in, then had to ask a neighbor to come take the trailer home.

Garage called back, fuel pump, gonna be something like 660:mad2: (oh well, better than dealer prices)

So I guess tomorrow we'll have to find a place in the freezer for 14 lb of brisket, 20 of butts, and chicken. (thinking I may as well just cook the ribs)

For anyone attending that's reading this, either via tapatalk on your phone, or on a laptop, please apologize to Jeff for me aobut not bringing chili (big ol' crockpot full is now back on my counter) and wish Angelo a very happy birthday from both of us.

We'll miss seeing everyone, and sorry about no apple pie shots!

I guess the one good think about this happening, is that it was on a sidestreet, close to home, and not on an expressway

Good luck to all, we'll be thinking of you at 9:22 tomorrow

Dann, Di, and Ember