PDA

View Full Version : Thanks...

lcbateman3
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Haven't had as much time to post as I have wanted to here lately, but I have done plenty of reading.

Just want to give thanks to everyone here. This was our first full year of doing comps. We have improved greatly. A lot of it is just from practice and getting better. But I couldn't have done it without the extreme amount of knowledge that is on this forum.

We started out the year with a 5th place call in brisket. Over the course of the year I keep trying. Bombed in chicken in Louisa, but kept working on it. Kept reading and had people here and on facebook give me plenty of information to keep me giong straight. This past weekend was Sams Club in Chesapeake. 6th place ribs and 10th pork. I know what I did wrong in chicken and brisket. (picked up the brisket it and it fell apart in my hands, still squeaked out 14th though).

Biggest surprise was getting the ability to move on to Maryland. I still have a long way to go, but wanted to take a minute and thank you all for sharing the information that you do. This is what makes this place so great. From Roy with Tarheel Smokers to Mark and Rick with Cat Sass BBQ and plenty of others my wife and I thank you greatly. You guys and gals rock.

Thanks to Phil and all the mods for keeping this place running smoothly!

Tarheel
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
You keep working at the pace you have and before long you will have your first grand. It is always a pleasure to help someone out and see them improve like you have. Keep it up,

Roy