PDA

View Full Version : nyc/bronx

dealm9
09-18-2011, 04:41 PM
i go to school in the bronx so its not the bbq mecca of any world but nyc has everything so i am determined to find good bbq. I went to a place in the city called Blue Smoke and it was damn good que. I got the rack of st. louis style spare ribs which were great. had a nice pice to them and were not too sweet at all. they were served dry how i like them but i tried both of their sauces on a couple of bites and wasn't too impressed with either. the spicy one was the best yet it was a little different to what i was used to in a bad way. the sweet had absolutely no flavor profile at all. my buddy got the bbq sampler. he gave me a try of the sausage which was amazing and the pulled pork was great. however, i like my pulled pork with a good sweet sauce and they did not have that.

My next trip will be to MoGridder's BBQ in Hunt's Point which has been on the food network and has gained some critical acclaim as great bbq. it seems to be the only authentic bbq place around. I plan on going next weekend but has anyone been there and what would you suggest i get?

also are there any hidden gems of bbq in the nyc area that i dont know about?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM
If you don't already know about it, pigtrip.net is a great resource for finding good New York BBQ joints. Gary has excellent reviews and covers New England as well.

MilitantSquatter
09-18-2011, 06:04 PM
If you don't already know about it, pigtrip.net is a great resource for finding good New York BBQ joints. Gary has excellent reviews and covers New England as well.

Jim nailed it... Gary is the man when it comes to keeping up with the BBQ joint scene in NE & New England...

On 9/6, PigTrip reported that Mo Gridder's is closed for renovations...check before you go.

dealm9
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
thanks, i didnt know about that site and i will check it out. yes mogridder's has been closed for renovations which i found out the hard way by driving there on an empty belly hungry for bbq only to find it closed. however, a lady who worked there gave me her number and i have been calling and they say it will be open starting next weekend.