PDA

View Full Version : Columbia, MO - County Fair & BBQ Contest July 22ond and

smokincracker
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
It’s official!!!!!
I bought my airline tickets today.
Smokin’ Cracker BBQ team flys into Kansas City on Thursday afternoon July 21st.
I am renting a car and then off to Columbia County to see how the boys from Missouri can burn meat. I hope to see some KCBS smokers in action…….
You guys do drink beer don’t you???!!
Any other brethren want to make the trip to see how these guys burn meat drop me a e-mail.. I look forward to meeting some of you guys. I will be there Friday thru Sunday and then back to KC for the Monday AM flight back to O town (Orlando)
Jimmy

Solidkick
04-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Well BRING IT ON!!! Hoping Miller Lite continues to be a sponsor, we should be set...........

Throw them thar FBA rules out the winder, you're about to get a lesson in MoFo Q'n at it's finest!! We'll entertain you the best we can, and I'll start working on Jay to see if he can get you some Boone County Fair Ham Breakfast tickets (I'll just have him add $50-$60 to the cost of your new cooker, did I say that? :lol: ). I'll walk through the cow and pig barns with cha, but I won't get on the Ferris wheel...........

Looking forward to a GREAT weekend!

JT, KC, BigDog, you guys in to cook this one?

Solidkick
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Potential Brethren teams at the BoCo fair.....

1.Spice's Team Q
2.Smokin' Cracker's team
3.Big 'Uns BBQ
4.Chick-N-Pig BBQ
5.Lazy Q Acres (Jamie, doesn't visit very often)
6.Candyman's Heaven Scent (Gary, doesn't visit very often)
7.JT,KC, and someone? (trying to talk them into it here :mrgreen: )
8. The Belley Brothers BBQ Team

I'd say 7 of 8 are a definite.......... It's gonna be great fun!!!
Did I miss anyone??

smokincracker
04-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Smokin Cracker will be goin as spectators and beer dinking experts only....
Too far to drag the rig.....Figured I'd just hang out with all you guys!???

kcquer
04-28-2005, 08:38 PM
KC, and someone?

"sMO-KAN Brethren"
I'll go kidnap jt if I have to, BigDog has only to get as far as KC and I'll bring him the rest of the way.

Jeff, are you interested?

spicewine
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Potential Brethren teams at the BoCo fair.....

Don't forget Darrell Darling ( Mizzou Crew BBQ ) Darrell took 1st. Place Pork Butt at the American Royal 2 years ago and 12th over all at the Royal last year.

Spicewine Ironworks will be haveing a customer appreciation at this function. Plenty-O-Beer and food Friday night. All the MOFO'S and Brethren are welcome to join the party. Saturday we go to work!

Chick'n Pig BBQ
05-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Chick'n' Pig BBQ will be there. Stop by we will have a cold one waiting for ya! And some great Q. :D
Skip

kcquer
05-03-2005, 03:51 PM
OK, Central and Western MoFo chapters are heard from. How 'bout y'all from St Louise, any of you ladies gonna make the trip?

Jeff_in_KC
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Scott are you cooking? If so, I didn't realize you were on a team.

I think I've decided to try to buy not only my 2006 GMC Crew Cab next February but also a trailer smoker and get into competition Qing next year... that is if the bonus in January for this year is big enough! Been thinking a lot about this and well, I can't sleep at night the last two nights when I lay there thinking about it. Seems like maybe I should feed the need, huh?

kcquer
05-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Scott are you cooking? If so, I didn't realize you were on a team.

Team KC has been a work in progress since I cooked with the BellyBros last July. The last 60 days progress has come to an abrupt halt, hoping to begin moving fwd again very soon.

Bellybro
05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
looks more and more likely that i'll be cooking rather than watching this time...

The more the merrier! Jump in with both feet brother!

smokincracker
05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
I think I started a smoking migration of epic proportions!
Look forward to hanging with you guys. Rooms were hard to find for one night (Friday only) but found one at
The Motel 6
I-70 and Stadium Blvd. Exit 124
Sounds like a hommy place!!!!!!

How far from the fairgrounds is that? Any one know?

BellyBrotherII
05-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Smoken Cracker,
once you are there take I-70 east to HWY 63 North and then go north on 63 about 4 miles, and you should see a sign Boone County Fair Grounds which will be on your right as you are going North.. If you get lost I will give you my Cell # and you can call, we get you cleared to land.

Jeff_in_KC
05-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Where do Scott and I find the registration forms for this?

BellyBrotherII
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
07/22-07/23
Columbia, MO
State Championship Columbia, MO - County Fair & BBQ Contest
Contact: Mike McMillen - 5800 North Boothe Lane, Rocheport, MO 65279
Phone: 573-443-0743 Fax: 573-443-0744
E-mail: [email protected]
KCBS Reps: Gary Wells, Carolyn Wells

Solidkick
05-05-2005, 12:36 PM
07/22-07/23
Columbia, MO
State Championship Columbia, MO - County Fair & BBQ Contest
Contact: Mike McMillen - 5800 North Boothe Lane, Rocheport, MO 65279
Phone: 573-443-0743 Fax: 573-443-0744
E-mail: [email protected]
KCBS Reps: Gary Wells, Carolyn Wells

Um, Fellow Belly Brothers.......maybe we should get our money in before this one sells out??

Bellybro
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Um, Fellow Belly Brothers.......maybe we should get our money in before this one sells out??

Write the check!

Jorge
05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
[quote]

Write the check!

Now that's brotherly love!

Jeff_in_KC
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
OK Scott, I'm DEFINITELY in now... the Cass County Fair (and their little BBQ chicken contest) is the week before the Boone County Fair...

lazyjacres
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey Brethren, I just found this. I'm a little new at getting around in the site.
It's great to hear that some Southern Brethren are coming up to check out our MoFo Q'n.
The 63 Diner and The Natural Born Grillers are talking about possibly tag teaming this one. Ya better have your guns loaded.

smokincracker
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I finally signed up all stragglers. The whole Smokin' Cracker BBQ team will be there in July. Doug finally committed and bought his airline ticket. All Three of us will be there.

Jeff_in_KC
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Since we're gonna skip this one afterall, I'll just be there to drink beer and steal your competition secrets! LOL! Still lookin forward to meetin more of you folks!

kcquer
07-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Very much hoping to make the trip if my schedule allows. Would really like to meet all the Brethren that will be there that I haven't previously had the chance to meet in person.

BBQchef33
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
kick / KC... please scrub this thread so it flows with whatever the topic is supposed to be.

Wouldn't know where to begin. Obviously the "how to" or "results" angle of most Comp threads isn't the content of this one. It is however about the participation and attendance of a KCBS event. I think it belongs in the Comp forum just as a chili thread, although not Q, belongs in Q talk. I also thought it would be more convient than looking for multilple threads on the same subject in multiple forums as last minute info came up.

"It is however about the participation and attendance of a KCBS event." Agreed.

Its members at a competition. They dont have to be competitors. I went to the Jacks as a visitor not a competitor. The report is here.

EDIT: thread is scrubbed down to 2 pages, hopefully all the BS is gone.

The Topic is... BOONE COUNTY FAIR JULY 22-24. Post away... all members going.. to cook or judge or support our teams!!

2Fat
07-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm bumping this thread and moving it back to the Competition Forum where it belongs.

This contest is in 10 days, last minute info such as spot assignments and meeting times can be posted here.

KC will you be at the contest cooking?
It would be GREAT to meet some of you guys
:wink:

Agree with that for sure---but I'm gonna take a road trip to Missouri this weekend---darn
maybe another time

Buzz(2fat)

Jeff_in_KC
07-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Still trying to make it down on Friday around dinner time. Hey Jay... you mentioned a party Friday night. Where will you be olding this? Do you know yet?

Solidkick
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Still trying to make it down on Friday around dinner time. Hey Jay... you mentioned a party Friday night. Where will you be olding this? Do you know yet?

Look for the Brethren banners.

BellyBrotherII
07-15-2005, 06:40 AM
I seen Spicewine's new smoker Thursday, it had a awsome painted job. To bad Jay has not seen it yet, he is on Vacation in Ark. I am sure he will put some pics on as soon as he gets back.

smokincracker
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Belly that is way cool.....I look forward to seeing it.
Smokin' FL Crackers will get into KC around 5:00 Thursday night.
We are staying at Ameristar and then plan to drive to Columbia on Friday in the AM with hangovers.
My cell is 863-381-1530
Jimmy

Jeff_in_KC
07-17-2005, 12:31 PM
We are staying at Ameristar and then plan to drive to Columbia on Friday in the AM with hangovers.
My cell is 863-381-1530
Jimmy

LOL! I just thought of something... it will be kinda ironic to have you "Crackers" in Columbia! A couple of years ago, the wife of the President University of Missouri in Columbia (who is African American) called caucasian folks in the Mizzou athletic department "crackers" and it got out to the public. It was part of a big stink in Columbia involving the athletic department, the basketball program and the athletic director's office in particular! I thought the whole thing was humorous as hell!

See ya'all Friday evening!

P.S. Any Columbia Brethren--- what motels are at I-70 and 63 Highway? I cannot recall and I'm looking for a room Friday night.

Thanks!

Solidkick
07-17-2005, 06:52 PM
P.S. Any Columbia Brethren--- what motels are at I-70 and 63 Highway? I cannot recall and I'm looking for a room Friday night.

I sent you a PM with the info...not looking good with Show Me state games in town.......some requiring 2 night minimum.

spicewine
07-17-2005, 08:26 PM
you mentioned a party Friday night. Where will you be olding this? Do you know yet?

We will be right next to the Belly Brothers. We have 3 extra spaces between us and will be hireing some bands to play. MAX BASH MOD !!!

Saturday--- Crunch Time--- Do not disturb Mod.

Hope to see you all !!

Spice

spicewine
07-17-2005, 08:37 PM
plan to drive to Columbia on Friday in the AM with hangovers.
My cell is 863-381-1530

Jimmy: Dr. Spice will have a cure for what Ale's you!! ( Pun intended ) Prepair to Party---MOFO Style!!!

Jeff_in_KC
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
I was just thinking... even if I'm not "roomless", odds are I won't be in any condition to drive... with three spaces and an adjacent campground, any chance a small tent can be pitched right there for the night?

BBQchef33
07-17-2005, 09:28 PM
My cell is 863-381-1530
Jimmy

LOL! I just thought of something... it will be kinda ironic to have you "Crackers" in Columbia! A couple of years ago, the wife of the President University of Missouri in Columbia (who is African American) called caucasian folks in the Mizzou athletic department "crackers" and it got out to the public. It was part of a big stink in Columbia involving the athletic department, the basketball program and the athletic director's office in particular! I thought the whole thing was humorous as hell!

See ya'all Friday evening!

Thanks!

**off topic fyi sidebar***

Jimmy posted a good Post in Discusssion and Reflection forum regarding the true meaning of the term "cracker" as used in the names of our members and teams.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7171

I got a few comments regarding that name when having his banners done..... But they were on a different spin that the one u mention. :) Now I can educate us NY'ers on Floridian History. :)

PS..Jimmys thread will spark discussion on this topic.. for the sake of the integrity of this thread and the Boone county fair, please continue the discussion of 'cracker history' in the Discussion and reflection forum.

thanks guys.

kcquer
07-18-2005, 11:12 AM
what motels are at I-70 and 63 Highway

Booked a room at the Super 8 (thanks for the assist Brother Kick :D ). We'll be there sometime Fri for the duration of the weekend. Looking forward to it!!

BellyBrotherII
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I just seen this intodays paper, and there is Belly Bro and Solid Kick in the background. This was from last years comp.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/BooneCountyFair/20050713Fair020.asp

Boone County Fair When the Fair is just the pits
Barbecue pits, that is.

By BILL BOOK of the Tribune’s staff
Published Wednesday, July 13, 2005
The Boone County Fair will host the Boone’s Lick Trail BBQ Contest on Saturday, July 23. The contest is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, which means some mighty competent barbecue aficionados from all over the Midwest will roll into town the day before to do some serious cooking.

Tribune file photo
It’s safe to guess that most fairgoers enjoy good barbecue, and many of us try to smoke a chunk of brisket or slab of ribs on our own every now and then. The barbecue contest is an ideal place to get a few pointers from the people who do it best.

"The best time for the public to come out is on Friday after 4 p.m.," said contest coordinator Mike McMillen. "That’s when the cookers have the most free time. The atmosphere is relaxed, and people are feeling talkative."

McMillen said he hopes for 30 teams to enter this year’s competition. Several teams from Boone County are among the early entries.

The KCBS contest’s Grand Champion will receive cash, a trophy and an invitation to the American Royal Barbecue Contest in Kansas City, Mo., perhaps the most prestigious barbecue competition anywhere.

Last year, the Grand Champion award went to a team representing Boone County’s 63 Diner.

The Reserve Grand Champion earns cash and a trophy. Third place also gets cash, and the fourth-place winner will receive a gift certificate.

Contestants placing in the top 10 in each of the four individual categories of the KCBS-santioned event — chicken, pork shoulder, pork ribs and beef brisket — will also earn cash prizes.

McMillen said he will accept entries right up until Friday,July 22. The entry fee is $125 per team. Electrical hookups and extra space are also available.

Back Yard BBQ Contest

For people who don’t want to bother with cooking all night, there will be a separate "Back Yard BBQ Contest." The entry fee is $25. Competitors may set up on Saturday morning and cook in two categories: chicken and pork ribs. There will be cash awards for the top three in each category.

There will also be another "Kid’s ‘Q" cookoff this year, McMillen said. Children in two age categories, 10 and under, and 11-15, may cook ground meats such as sausage or hamburger under the supervision of their parents.

Wanted: The best Q’r in Boone County

As a special incentive to get teams from Boone County to participate in the KCBS-sanctioned contest, there will be special awards for the best overall teams from Boone County, McMillen said.

The top three local finishers will each receive a cash award. The highest finisher will receive the title of "Best Q’r in Boone County " as well.

You can register online at www.boonecountyfairgrounds.com. Or call McMillen at 443-0743.

Jeff_in_KC
07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Booked my room at Super 8. Who will volunteer to drive me back and dump my drunk a$$ off? LOL!

Solidkick
07-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, the butterflies has settled in.......haven't slept well in a week. I bet I've cooked 20 briskets and ran every scenerio in my head. It's actually like I practice playing the drums, play it out in thought before hand, then it comes natural when it's time to do it.
I'm so focused right now that I hope I don't come off as an a$$ Friday night to the visitors. Maybe once camp Belly Brothers is set up, and the meat is prepped and back in the cooler, I'll relax a little.
Cooking for about 50-60 Friday night for corporate sponsors dinner, but I'm planning on letting the Bellys and JT handle most of that. I'm gonna try my best to stay on my mental game plan. For me, it's all about getting the best results for Saturday. I can't control the judges, but I can control myself.

now.......somebody pour me a 'rita please.......but just one, I've got to cook..... :wink:

frognot
07-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Wish i had planned to attend this get together. Sounds like a hoot! Y'all just might get invaded by some Texas Bros next year! :lol:

Solidkick
07-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Rub is made...not as good as usual.....dunno what is different this time around....I can't put my finger on it....I may give it another taste test tomorrow night.

Sauce is ready too.....that turned out very well....

It's going to be really hot this weekend, 100*+, I hope I can hold up.......

frognot
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Better drink lots of liquids. I'm sure that won't be a problem. :lol:

BrooklynQ
07-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Better drink lots of liquids. I'm sure that won't be a problem. :lol:

Just watch the alcohol. Trust me - you can dehydrate on that real fast. Not that I have any experience in the matter. :roll:

Bellybro
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
We always make sure he has plenty of gatorade at the fair. He seems to drink that stuff like water!

kcquer
07-20-2005, 05:44 AM
We always make sure he has plenty of gatorade at the fair

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now that's funny!! Good one Johnny Two Times!

Triple digits Fri and Sat, Kick, I think the long sleeve shirts we wore last year can stay home!!

chad
07-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Kick it! Have a great weekend guys!!

"Fear the Pig!" :D

chanting the the background: "pigpigpigpigpigpig-Go PIG!"

jt
07-20-2005, 07:37 AM
I'd be happy to see the rain from last year too.

spicewine
07-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Rub is made...not as good as usual.....

That's cause I swithched my rub for yours at the last contest :twisted:

Look forward to going head to head this weekend.

I'll bring the wadeing pool---You bring the palm tree.

Jorge
07-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Best of luck to all you MOFO's!

Bellybro
07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I'll bring the wadeing pool---You bring the palm tree.

Darrel and I will bring the Margarita machine! That ought ot cool you off!!!

Beware I hear Jamey has some new footwear, that nay need some cooling off!

Solidkick
07-21-2005, 07:07 PM
OK.....Last post.......before competition........
One last adjustment on the kid's Q burger, the 1st two attempts failed miserably......I think we're there now....
The wife has been baking all day....brownies, cookies (snickerdoodles, choc. chip, and PB), now hashbrown cassaroles. Linguini salad still to make at home.......baked beans will be done onsite.....
I'm getting ready to start loading the Blazer, but it looks like it's gonna take 2 cars or 2 trips, good thing it's close, 4 miles away.
**** brothers...we may not place, but we're sure as hell gonna eat good!
I just put fresh batteries in the camera.....
Talk to you all in a couple of days.......

The_Kapn
07-21-2005, 07:21 PM
BRO KICK and all the Brethren!

Have a great time and just see where the scoring goes later!

Sounds like a "crowd"--so should be really fun!

Good move on the batteries--did I ever mention we love pics :wink: :wink:

TIM

Jeff_in_KC
07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Oh man, I gotta feeling this is gonna top all your east coast bashes! Now I've only met a couple of these guys face to face but if they're all alike, watch out! Scott, what time will you be there? I get off around 4 or 4:30 tomorrow and I'm gonna change clothes and probably head straight to Columbia from KC. Might have to stop off at home first but otherwise, I ought to be down to check into the motel around 6:30 or so.... do I have your cell phone #? Can't recall.

Jeff_in_KC
07-23-2005, 01:47 PM
LAWDY, It's hot out they-uh!

Great to meet all you boys (and see some of you again) and partake of some of the heat! It's 105 degrees with heat index around 115 today in Columbia! Just got home to enjoy some A/C... sorry I couldn't stick around longer but family stuff beckoned. Hope the Brethren have a great showing this afternoon!

See ya'all soon!

Solidkick
07-23-2005, 07:21 PM
You talk about hot!!! Can I get a M-I-S-S-O-U-R-I-A-B-L-E?????

You just never know who you'll find in your camp when you wake up from a 2.5 hour evening nap........Yep.....Jeff and Scott....great to get to spent some early morning time with ya....it made the evening go quicker, for sure!

Slat, always good to see you.....thanks for being there for us, especially at camp break down time.You, Scott and the ladies were lifesavers!

Jimmy and Doug.....you FBA boys are now honorary MoFos, yep you've been adopted. Anytime..you know you guys are welcome!

JT....thanks for cooking Friday night for the sponsor's dinner...as hot as it was, there wouldn't have been anyway I would have had the energy for Saturday if you hadn't pulled the grill duty Friday night.

Jay and Team Q....you guys are nuts, but I'm proud to call you my friends! The new rig is beautiful and is going to be a great cooking machine for ya!

OK, results........
SweetT and my's oldest grandaughter, Maiah, took 1st in her very first kids Q. Grandma was really proud...all I did was fight back the tears. You go girl!

Belly Brothers finished 12th overall.
25th in chicken
18th in ribs
1st in pork
20th in brisket

The briskets cooked 15.5 hours and just never really got to that state you want for turn in. The probe never slid in and out with ease. With the high temperatures outside, the waterpan boiled dry, TWICE! That has never happened before.

Former American Royal grand champs 4 Men and a Pig took grand champion of the 41 teams that participated. KC did the walk about, and took mental notes has to who was there and what they were cooking on, so I'm sure he'll fill in the details.

OK, I'm going to the shower, which I need worse than sleep, and then to bed.....pictures to follow tomorrow!

Ron_L
07-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Great job, Kick! Congrats to SweetT and Maiah, and to you guys, of course!

spicewine
07-23-2005, 08:52 PM
8 th place Chicken---- Missed 5th place by 2/ 1000 of a point.

Finished 21 out of 41---overall

Not happy but still in the hunt!!

Jeff_in_KC
07-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey Kick! Congrats on a strong showing and congrats to Maiah! She's a cutie and sharp as a whip! Cracked me up when she gave the "peace sign" to let ya know it was time to be quiet! LOL! It was great to finally meet ya in person too! sorry I left without saying goodbye to you but I couldn't find you when I had to leave and I was running out of time to get back to Super 8 to check out! I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon!

Slat and Jimmy, I guess I missed you guys. sorry 'bout that! Would have liked to have met ya. Had family stuff to attend to back home or I would have been there late to help with tear-down, etc.

Solidkick
07-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Pictures can be found here....
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Boone-Conty-Fair-7-22%2C23-2005&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Anyone else that has pictures from the event, please feel free to add.

dxesmkr
07-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey Kick,
Congrats on the finish.First place in pork!"AWESOME" :D!! Just looked at the pictures.Some good lookin' presentations.I think kids Q's are great ideas.Its more fun to watch the kid's Q awards than the pro cookers awards.Looks like ya'll had a great time.Wish I could've been there!!!

Willy T.

The_Kapn
07-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Too Many Congrats here to list them all :oops:

So, great job to all the Brethren teams and to our little sister :lol: :lol:

Bro Kick--great pics and some Yummy looking eats!

TIM

Wanna bet Spice starts on a cooker inside an air-conditioned rig for next year????? :lol: :lol:

spicewine
07-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Sorry Kick!! I can't look at the pictures. It makes me feel hot just looking at them. Great to cook with you guys!!

Where is the KING NUT pic?????

brdbbq
07-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Good Job Farkers

kcquer
07-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Where is the KING NUT pic?????

I've got that one, I'll post pics this week as I have time.
Today was farked, but that's another thread.
Slat, always good to see you.....thanks for being there for us, especially at camp break down time.You, Scott and the ladies were lifesavers!

That's what Brothers (and their OL's) are for :wink:

nmayeux
07-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Congrats Guys! Wish I could have been there!!
Noah

MrSmoker
07-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Congrats to all our "Brothers" who competed this weekend.

BellyBrotherII
07-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Slat, always good to see you.....thanks for being there for us, especially at camp break down time.You, Scott and the ladies are the best BBQ Roadies a team could have!

Jimmy and Doug.....you FBA boys are now honorary MoFos, yep you've now been MOFOized. Anytime..you know you guys are welcome!

JT....thanks for cooking Friday night for the sponsor's dinner...as hot as it was, You and BellyBro pulled out some great Q.

Jay and Team Q....you guys are nuts, but I'm proud to call you my Brothers In Smoke! The new rig is AWSOME and is going to be a great cooking machine for you, Oh, can we barrow it sometime. Just to pull behind Kicks new ride, it matches real good!

Ron_L
07-25-2005, 09:04 AM
All of the food looks great! I hate to say it, guys, but Maiah's turn in looks the best... :D

BellyBrotherII
07-25-2005, 11:09 AM
The BBQ Brethren Make the News: Check link
http://columbiamissourian.com/news/story.php?ID=15031

kcquer
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I added a couple more pics to the photo album.

Jeff_in_KC
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Good pics, Scott! That last one could have been borderline incriminating! LOL! Nice job, though, Jay!

smokincracker
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Made it home today about 3:00 today.
Missouri is one hot arse place to be in July...WOW

Only the cold beer from Jay kept so nice on ice & Darryl and John’s Margaretta machine saved my life...I want to thank Jay & all the guys from team Q and Belly Brothers for all of the super hospitality. You guys are the best!

It is obvious to me that both teams Q & Bellys have a tremendous about of passion in smoke and know how to Q in style. Brothers take it from the Smokin’ Cracker these guys have figured out how to enjoy the whole package of Qin.

From Doug Barnes and my-self (Smokin’ Cracker BBQ)
I do know that we have made some great friends in Boone County.

Thank you
Jimmy Brod

smokincracker
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I added a couple more pics to the photo album.

me too

BrooklynQ
07-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Congrats Brothers!

tommykendall
07-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Made it home today about 3:00 today.
Missouri is one hot arse place to be in July...WOW

And Florida isn't? :roll:

tommykendall
07-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Nice photo - how about names for the line-up? BTW - nice to see you all wearing the same shoes and socks, although I hope the guy on thr right with the sandals wasn't the pitman :roll:

BBQchef33
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
is that KC grabbing Spicewines arse in the picture??? Jays just got "that" kind of smile going on.

smokincracker
07-26-2005, 10:41 AM
is that KC grabbing Spicewines arse in the picture??? Jays just got "that" kind of smile going on.

Now thats funny! I don't care who you are!! thats funny!!!! 8)

BellyBrotherII
07-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Kick, I was looking back at last years turn-ins at the fair, we have came a long ways on presentation. If you get a chance go and look back, it is unreal. Look at the turn-ins side by side

Solidkick
07-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Tuesday morning, after the contest on Saturday, and they're still talking about the Belly Brothers on a local radio station, nothing like local support!!

Bellybro
07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said!

Great meeting all of you, and you are more than welcome in our camp anytime!

Darrel and Gary and T, wouldn't be the same without you guys and gal!

Belly 2 and I already talking on how to make next year even more fun. Jay we are dfinitly going to have to have the same set up and we are going to rent one of those big ass tents! We'll bring the sound systm next year as well!

We need to find out the date for next year and see how many Bretheren teams we can get there! Also reserve rooms early as Show Me games are always going on at the same time!!!!!!!

Cracker!, we will figure out a place to meet so we can cook together! We may bring a hybrid team down and cook!

Also might come to Florida just to fih, swim drink, in no particular order!!!!

Thanks agtain everyone!!!!!!!

smokincracker
07-27-2005, 08:23 AM
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said!

Great meeting all of you, and you are more than welcome in our camp anytime!

Darrel and Gary and T, wouldn't be the same without you guys and gal!

Belly 2 and I already talking on how to make next year even more fun. Jay we are dfinitly going to have to have the same set up and we are going to rent one of those big ass tents! We'll bring the sound systm next year as well!

We need to find out the date for next year and see how many Bretheren teams we can get there! Also reserve rooms early as Show Me games are always going on at the same time!!!!!!!

Cracker!, we will figure out a place to meet so we can cook together! We may bring a hybrid team down and cook!

Also might come to Florida just to fih, swim drink, in no particular order!!!!

Thanks agtain everyone!!!!!!!

anytime I lookforward to it.
I will be in Dillard, GA Qin next weekend up by the NC and GA border.
GA state championship..... it should be fun...bring it!!! the blender that is.
later bros

Bellybro
07-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Can't find the photo album of boone county fair????

Pics of the new york contest look good thoug!

Solidkick
07-28-2005, 05:39 PM

I'll ask poopie to move it.....

MrSmoker
07-28-2005, 05:41 PM

I'll ask poopie to move it..... :?:Who's poopie?

Bigdog
07-28-2005, 08:26 PM

I'll ask poopie to move it..... :?:Who's poopie?

Phil, BBQChef33, Grand Poobah, Mary...