PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Packing Advice

bdodd444
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I wanted to throw this one out. I have a 6x12 open trailer with low (18") sides. I have been putting my smokers up front to make room to put my 6' tables in the back flat on the bed. Unfortunately this puts a lot more weight on the tongue. I am looking to center my smokers more over the wheels to balance things a little better. Any suggestions on how best to secure my tables? I was thinking on their sides along the rail, but that doesn't seem too secure. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

QansasjayhawQ
09-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I take it that the smokers are too heavy to sit on top of the tables . . .

can you stack them flat, one on top of the other at the front of the trailer and then use a ratcheting strap hooked to each side of the trailer to hold them down?

When the tables are closer to the vehicle, they may be more out of the wind (unless you have a ten foot tongue or something silly like that) and less likely to want to take off.

Just a thought - I hope this helps.

PimpSmoke
09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I have used my tables as make shift sides on my trailer, since it has the low rail as well. Just make sure they can't "walk" away from the rails.

caseydog
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
LOL, I read the thread title too fast. I thought you needed trailer "parking" advice. I could have helped with that. :rolleyes::laugh:

CD :crazy:

JD McGee
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
We use d-rings (http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/D-Rings-D-Ring-Tie-downs?gclid=CLm2lcek_aoCFSUaQgodNho60Q)to attach almost everything to the sides of the trailer...you can use heavy floor rings and e-trak as well. :thumb:

that's hot
09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
you could also use a weight distributing hitch.

M

Gerrit_Boys
09-01-2011, 09:09 PM
You said smoker(s), can the tables stand on their sides between them?