PDA

View Full Version : Que-Topia, St.Peters MO

bookie
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Is anyone from here entering this event. I was thinking about driving up and looking around. Trying to get a few pointers about the competition side of BBQ. I was thinking about trying a couple of small events next year and just want to see if it would be possible at my level.
Thanks

jbrink01
08-31-2011, 10:28 AM
There is a "Roll Call" on here about it. Do a search and you will find it. Several Brethren teams going.

4 smokin butts
08-31-2011, 11:39 AM
look on kcbs events,go to event website list of teams posted

bookie
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
There is a "Roll Call" on here about it. Do a search and you will find it. Several Brethren teams going.

I'm new here so not sure if I read the correct thread, but two teams and I believe the promoter were the only posts in the Roll Call thread I found.

look on kcbs events,go to event website list of teams posted

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been to the Que-Topia website. I was just wondering which teams are forum members. I just thought they would be easier to approach and talk to ...

Mrs. McFrankenboo
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Even if they aren't Brethren members, most people are still willing to chat with you. We'll be out there though so come over and say hi!

jbrink01
09-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Of course I'm glad to chat on Friday night!

bbutts
09-01-2011, 10:07 PM
You will find at almost any event, almost every cook is willing to share their time and give you pointers. That is one of the things I enjoy most about BBQ. Please come out and chat Friday night. I am sure you will have a good time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

beam boys bbq
09-01-2011, 10:21 PM
i am so looking forward to this event and it did get me out of an full day off meetings :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

King
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I hope to be there Friday night, but I am also going to be competing in the King of the Grill backyard competition there on Saturday. I could sure use some advise on what to cook for that event.

I look forward to meeting you all there!

bookie
09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I hope to be there Friday night, but I am also going to be competing in the King of the Grill backyard competition there on Saturday. I could sure use some advise on what to cook for that event.

I look forward to meeting you all there!

I thought they gave you the meat you have to cook. Not really much option on what, but more on how.

King
09-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I thought they gave you the meat you have to cook. Not really much option on what, but more on how.

They give you 2 pork steaks, 2 brats and 2lbs of ground beef.

What will I cook? Burgers and brats or get creative (fatty, abt's, MOINKs)? How will I cook it, smoke it or grill it(2 hour max)? Lots of variables to think about.

bbutts
09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
2 pork steaks, 4 brats, 2 lbs burger. We increased the meat a little.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk