PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few judges in Ames

musicmanryann
08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
We have had a few judges drop out and more teams coming in for this weekend's contest in Ames, and are therefore looking for a few good cbj's. There are going to be some great teams coming in for this one, so there should be some great food as well. Let me know if you are interested in coming over--it is going to be a great time! Free gourmet coffee in the morning and free beer AFTER judging.:becky:

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Awwwww AFTER? What do you have to be able to do to drink BEFORE? Seriously, I'd come up but we are planning to be down at Windsor, MO to shoot some footage for WiredBBQ.

musicmanryann
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Awwwww AFTER? What do you have to be able to do to drink BEFORE?

Be a pilot?:tape::tape::tape:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

musicmanryann
08-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Shameless bump. :bow:

carlyle
08-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Ryan,
I read this and sent an email to all of my CBJ's from this years contest telling them

of your situation and with your contact email.

Do not know if it will do any good or not, but it is the best I can do to help you out

Hope it turns out ok and you have a great contest.

Best wishes
Lyle ( Carlyle)

musicmanryann
08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Ryan,
I read this and sent an email to all of my CBJ's from this years contest telling them

of your situation and with your contact email.

Do not know if it will do any good or not, but it is the best I can do to help you out

Hope it turns out ok and you have a great contest.

Best wishes
Lyle ( Carlyle)

Just read this Lyle. Thanks so much! We have enough currently, just worried about potential no shows. We had five last year just not show up even after confirming three days earlier. :crazy:

carlyle
08-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Happy to be of service, Ryan.

Getting the right number of judges seems to be about the hardest thing I do.

I have been very fortunate so far , every one who has said they will come, shows up.
I may have cancellations right up to the last day however.

My solution to this is to bring a few extra judges. They know that they are provisional
before they come. Surplus judges go to our backyard and judge and help there,
or help with some non judge jobs within the judging area.

Not a perfect system, but seems to work ok for me so far.

Wishing you all the best for your contest. Impressive draw on a holiday weekend
and an impressive field of competitors. Way to go!