PDA

View Full Version : Wanted – Future teammate of 3Eyz BBQ competition team

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
3Eyz BBQ is looking for a full time team member. No experience or money is required, only a love of competition and BBQ. A thirst for Patron and a shunning of Political correctness is preferred but not mandatory. The Candidate will have to endure a 1-year “apprenticeship” and must be able to lift heavy objects, deal with multiple type A personalities, work in hot and/or cold environments, sleep in uncomfortable surroundings, be willing to travel, like Five Finger Death Punch, listen attentively, take criticism and not complain. Duties to include selling rub, doing dishes, changing trash, making boxes, cleaning smokers, and a variety of other support tasks. The Candidate will be mentored and gradually be taught how to cook 3Eyz style competition BBQ and responsibilities will increase over time. After the apprenticeship is successfully completed, the candidate may be asked to officially join the team.

Please submit resume to dan@3eyzbbq.com (dan@3eyzbbq.com) no later than September 2nd. Serious candidates only please.

Mods - I hope this is ok as its in regard to competition BBQ.

Rub
08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Did you lose a team member?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bbq Bubba
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
You and Big Ugly get in another tiff? :twisted:

ThomEmery
08-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Sounds like fun ;0)

Big Ugly's BBQ
08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Nah, we're good, the counseling went well........:crazy:

Just lookin to grow the future of BBQ and have some extra hands on site.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Just looking for extra manpower, thats all. 20+ comps takes it toll after awhile.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
You and Big Ugly get in another tiff? :twisted:

That was staged just to get you off your game. Seemed to work that weekend :-P

Bbq Bubba
08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
That was staged just to get you off your game. Seemed to work that weekend :-P

Touche' :thumb:

deguerre
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
You sure you don't want two? Got the room now I heard...:-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56543&stc=1&d=1313415815

rweller
08-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Dan, if you ever decide to start a 2nd team in the midwest I would be interested(would love to learn your style). But your a little to far away right now.

deguerre
08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Just realized...if you got another team member, wouldn't that mean 3eyz...

and some spares? :wink:

bdodd444
08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
I have to say after cooking with Dan twice, this is an incredible opportunity for someone with the time to commit. Dan and Chris are great guys, and whoever takes this opportunity will have a blast and learn a good decade worth of BBQ knowledge in the year apprenticeship alone. Well worth the price of doing some dishes.

Timmy Mac
08-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Would love to have this opportunity,but I don't think I could make 20 comps a year:mad:

Sauced!
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
3Eyz BBQ is looking for a full time team member. No experience or money is required, only a love of competition and BBQ. A thirst for Patron and a shunning of Political correctness is preferred but not mandatory. The Candidate will have to endure a 1-year “apprenticeship” and must be able to lift heavy objects, deal with multiple type A personalities, work in hot and/or cold environments, sleep in uncomfortable surroundings, be willing to travel, like Five Finger Death Punch, listen attentively, take criticism and not complain. Duties to include selling rub, doing dishes, changing trash, making boxes, cleaning smokers, and a variety of other support tasks. The Candidate will be mentored and gradually be taught how to cook 3Eyz style competition BBQ and responsibilities will increase over time. After the apprenticeship is successfully completed, the candidate may be asked to officially join the team.

Please submit resume to dan@3eyzbbq.com (dan@3eyzbbq.com) no later than September 2nd. Serious candidates only please.

Love Five Finger Death Punch! Good band! Definitely gets you fired up during turn ins.

Kit R
08-17-2011, 01:24 PM

Man this would be almost as good as getting in the Freemasons for all the secrets that would be divulged! Better get a signed non-disclosure agreement and/or threat that Chris will "rough up" the applicant if he doesn't work out! :-P

Disconnect
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Where was this post 2 months ago before I started my own team? Hmm. Wonder what they'd say if I bailed ;-)

Sledneck
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm officially ending my team next weekend at new holland.is their an attendance requirement?

Big George's BBQ
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Just realized...if you got another team member, wouldn't that mean 3eyz...

and some spares? :wink:

If it was me it would be 4EYZ and I think I still have a spare :becky:

ique
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm officially ending my team next weekend at new holland.

You are sounding like Brett Favre. Didnt you say the same thing last year?

Ponderosa BBQ
08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Your spoiled bud :) I do 20 contest every year by my lonesome I would not no what to do with an extra pair of hands.:) I need to get ahold of you if I make the field in our local sams club I might ditch my trailer out there somewhere

5-0 BBQ
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
You sure you don't want two? Got the room now I heard...:-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=56543&stc=1&d=1313415815
Look at the cool sponsor logos on that trailer! :-D

Sledneck
08-17-2011, 07:01 PM
You are sounding like Brett Favre. Didnt you say the same thing last year?
Haha I've been saying it for years but now i actually have to. No more van and I'm by myself.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:01 PM
@ponderosa~ spoiled? Maybe. Just happy to have a great bunch of folks that make up 3eyz. Allows us to have more fun then if we were all solo. 20 by yourself is pretty hard core!

ique
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
@ponderosa~ spoiled? Maybe. Just happy to have a great bunch of folks that make up 3eyz. Allows us to have more fun then if we were all solo. 20 by yourself is pretty hard core!

Send any unhired quality applicants my way. :)

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Sled~yep, we need somebody there at each of our contests for both days. So, just need a 40 day time commitment or so. No biggy ;)

Sledneck
08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Sled~yep, we need somebody there at each of our contests for both days. So, just need a 40 day time commitment or so. No biggy ;)

Time Is no problem, it the five finger death punch that is the deal breaker for me :becky:

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Hey disconnect~ u are local........ just saying..... people do change their mind.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Sled~ system of a down and/or korn could be substituted. Otherwise, yes, that's a deal breaker!

boogiesnap
08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
ew korn? whiney bastages. give me sepultura anyday.

chris, i'll cook with you at the drop of a hat. if my wife let's me. :icon_blush:

good luck dan, you are offering a GREAT opportunity.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey boogie~ oh yea, as long as u mean the early stuff with max. But you should keep an open mind. I guess I could have said soulfly too...

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Send any unhired quality applicants my way. :)

in the mid-atlantic area...I woud wash your dishes,,,,and do it sober....which could end up being scary...for others...

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
for the record...if you want to learn and join a great team..go for 3 EYEZ!!! great cookers and good people!

mikerobes
08-17-2011, 08:23 PM
If only i lived closer:-P

Disconnect
08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey disconnect~ u are local........ just saying..... people do change their mind.

I'll swing by at Smokin on the Bay, we can talk then. (And if I come in DAL, you can laugh at me instead :-D)

Edit: Oh, and I'm a bigger VNV fan than FFDP. But I'm adaptable to most anything except country.

Sledneck
08-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Sled~ system of a down and/or korn could be substituted. Otherwise, yes, that's a deal breaker!

Much better I got those on the eyepod

boogiesnap
08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
always the early stuff...

metallica kill 'em all baby.

misfits sweet caress.

i can groove with some korn, was just sayin'.

White Dog BBQ
08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
in the mid-atlantic area...I woud wash your dishes,,,,and do it sober....which could end up being scary...for others...

They'd have to paint a big Paulaner logo on the side of their trailer!

INmitch
08-17-2011, 11:44 PM
If I see my Wife inquiring about this I'm gonna be P!ssed. Sounds easier than what she does!!!:icon_shy

INmitch
08-17-2011, 11:46 PM
And I think I'm goin to hide my recipe box!!!!:shocked:

Lippy
08-18-2011, 05:55 AM
And I think I'm goin to hide my recipe box!!!!:shocked:

Jan, send it to me, I'll take good care of it.:twisted:

timzcardz
08-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Love Five Finger Death Punch! Good band! Definitely gets you fired up during turn ins.

FARK!!! I must be getting old.

I assumed that it was some team alcoholic concoction made with 5 types of liquor. :doh:

Now that I find out it's just music I'm no longer interested. :becky:

fnbish
08-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Just make sure you film and document this entire process as it would make a good Season 3 of BBQ Pitmasters.

Big Ugly's BBQ
08-18-2011, 08:42 AM
hey boogie~ oh yea, as long as u mean the early stuff with max. But you should keep an open mind. I guess i could have said soulfly too...

ramstein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deguerre
08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
FARK!!! I must be getting old.

I assumed that it was some team alcoholic concoction made with 5 types of liquor. :doh:

Now that I find out it's just music I'm no longer interested. :becky:

That's exactly what I thought too. And I was hopin' for a recipe.:doh:

Big Ugly's BBQ
08-18-2011, 12:37 PM
That's exactly what I thought too. And I was hopin' for a recipe.:doh:

Give me some time, I'm sure I can come up with something..........:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Kit R
08-19-2011, 07:46 AM

When have you ever been sober?

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-19-2011, 08:09 AM
When have you ever been sober?

remember there was that time when.......maybe?