PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm 'n QUE will be back at the Jack!

Alexa RnQ
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
For the fourth consecutive year, Rhythm 'n QUE will compete in the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue. Confirmed today, RnQ's Grand Championship in Boise, ID met all criteria as the only qualifying contest in that state and provided the golden ticket. We'll see you in Lynchburg!

big brother smoke
08-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Congrats, good luck and safe travels!

boogiesnap
08-08-2011, 01:41 PM
congrats!!! safe travel and best of luck!

glenntm
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Congrats Vince and Alexa...

Scottie
08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Congrats Alexa and Vince!!

Id say something funny here, but that was already discussed to death in another thread... :thumb:

Ryan Chester
08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Awesome news!!! Congratulations and good luck!!!

Fatback Joe
08-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Congratulations!

Capn Kev
08-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Congrats Alexa & Vince!! :clap2:

huminie
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Good show guys!

Andrews
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Congratulations to the both of you!

Andy

AZScott
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
AWESOME! Glad to hear that you two are going.

Smokin J
08-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Congrats! :clap2:

It was great to meet you guys at the Jack last year. Good luck!

riblette
08-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Way to go, you guys!!! We're happy for Ya! :clap: Go get 'em!!!

P.S. - Now that ya have it locked up might I suggest trying a bunch of new recipes and techniques in Salt Lake later this month? :wink: (We'll see you there!)

ThomEmery
08-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Congratulations

bbqbull
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Congrat's are in order!!!

MrSmoker
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Congrats and good luck.

JD McGee
08-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Very cool...congrats guys!

landarc
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Congratulations to you two, great news.

Butcher BBQ
08-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Congrats on another great year.

Rich Parker
08-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Congratulations!

swamprb
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Looks like the Post Falls, ID event scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled, I hadn't seen that until now. Which makes the Boise event the only sanctioned event for Idaho.

SWEET!

Muzzlebrake
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
no 7? you guys took a short cut this year?:becky:

Bravo! Congratulations on another incredible year! I wish you luck in Lynchburg!

Norcoredneck
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Congrats! Shows hard work pays off.

Vince RnQ
08-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Looks like the Post Falls, ID event scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled, I hadn't seen that until now. Which makes the Boise event the only sanctioned event for Idaho.

SWEET!

Brian, we owe you a true debt of gratitude as it was you who pointed out to us in the Montana State Championship thread that there only needed to be a 15 team count for a state that only has a single qualifier. Every one of us at the contest in Boise that day thought we needed to have 25 teams.

So, we contacted the folks at Jack Daniel's, explained the situation and asked them if we were interpreting the rule correctly. They looked into it and called us today to let us know Boise would, indeed, be an "automatic".

Again, thank you very much for pointing out that rule. We might have missed out on our opportunity had you not done so.

Jeff_in_KC
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Congrats Vince and Alexa! Hope to get to see you there!

swamprb
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Brian, we owe you a true debt of gratitude as it was you who pointed out to us in the Montana State Championship thread that there only needed to be a 15 team count for a state that only has a single qualifier. Every one of us at the contest in Boise that day thought we needed to have 25 teams.

So, we contacted the folks at Jack Daniel's, explained the situation and asked them if we were interpreting the rule correctly. They looked into it and called us today to let us know Boise would, indeed, be an "automatic".

Again, thank you very much for pointing out that rule. We might have missed out on our opportunity had you not done so.

Inquiring minds have to know!

I knew Stevensville, MT was not a first year contest, Boise ID certainly was not. There was talk about issues with Post Falls ID event when we cooked Cheney, WA last month and never heard any official cancellation. So I suppose unless the reps in Boise were waiting for something to happen with Post Falls, you guys would have been celebrating sooner than now!

I think you owe me big time! Come and cook a PNWBA event with us!!

Congratulations!!

slowerlowerbbq
08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Wow you guys are on fire! WTG and congrats to you both. It's great to see some top notch WSM teams representin'.

chromesporty
08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Congrats and good luck!

Vince RnQ
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Inquiring minds have to know!

I knew Stevensville, MT was not a first year contest, Boise ID certainly was not. There was talk about issues with Post Falls ID event when we cooked Cheney, WA last month and never heard any official cancellation. So I suppose unless the reps in Boise were waiting for something to happen with Post Falls, you guys would have been celebrating sooner than now!

I think you owe me big time! Come and cook a PNWBA event with us!!

Congratulations!!

It was announced a few days before the Boise contest that the Post Falls event was being cancelled. I believe it was Dave from Packer Backer BBQ who broke the news. Something about the primary sponsor of the Post Falls event not being about to fulfill the commitment. Jim Monihan, the KCBS Rep assigned to both Boise and Post Falls, confirmed the Post Falls cancellation to the teams in Boise but, as I said earlier, we were all of the belief that we needed a 25 team minimum in order for the "automatic" to be in play.

Thank goodness you posted the correct info when discussing the Montana event! That was when we started to get excited but, we wanted to make sure that everything was accurate with Jack Daniel's before we said anything publicly about it.

Getting up to the Pacific Northwest is something we would love to do. We just need to find the right place and time to make it happen.

Chenernator
08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
:clap2::clap2::clap2: Yeah baby!!!

Rub
08-08-2011, 10:21 PM

I'm not feeling the love. Must have used invisible type in that thread. ;)

That is an awesome achievement, now go win another blue ribbon :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Vince RnQ
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm not feeling the love. Must have used invisible type in that thread. ;)

That is an awesome achievement, now go win another blue ribbon :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wow, my bad! I just re-read that thread!

*** Hangs head in shame kind of like Meatburners avatar ***

*** Shares the love placed on swamprb on to Rub too ***

swamprb
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
..a little Rub goes a long way!

RangerJ
08-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Congrats to both of you! You've always been willing to provide pointers to a young team and its great to see your success.

LoneStar Smoke Rangers
08-09-2011, 12:16 AM
It was great cooking with you in Boise. Congrats on your invitation. Hope to see you in SLC or Mesquite.

Rub
08-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Wow, my bad! I just re-read that thread!

*** Hangs head in shame kind of like Meatburners avatar ***

*** Shares the love placed on swamprb on to Rub too ***
Just busting your chops, couldn't pass that up. Congrats on another fantastic year!

Still Smokin
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Congrats & good luck!!!

FamilyManBBQ
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Congrats!! Give 'em hell with those WSMs!!!

big matt
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Congrats to the both of you!!!..It was great to finally see you this weekend..best of luck!