PDA

View Full Version : more Royal q's

Gerrit_Boys
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I know its a little early but we're trying to make travel plans for the American Royal. We intend to arrive later on Wednesday and as of now are planning on 1 truck with 5th wheel and another truck with cook trailer. I signed up for a 20 x 75 site so I'm sure I can fit 1 truck hooked to the camper and the 7 x 16 cook trailer side by side in the site. What can we do with the other truck for the duration of the event? Also, does anyone see any problems with getting everything pulled in on Wednesday? Is it ok to stay over Sunday night as well? Thanks in advance!

Plowboy
08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
There's a lot of offsite parking and you'll get a pass for the "Liberty lot". Maybe you have to pay $10 for that pass for the weekend. Either way, there's parking nearby.

smknwhlswife
08-08-2011, 12:35 AM
There is no problem pulling in on Wednesday and staying till Monday.

chromesporty
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
When does the Royal announce space assignments for us first timers? We're qualified for the Invitational and I received my confirmation e-mail that my Open application was complete on May 1.

Jeff_in_KC
08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
As a veteran of the Huron,SD contest the last two years, I can say with certainty that it was an honor watching the Gerritt Boys win their hometown event this year! I believe I recall hearing him say that not only was this their first Grand, their brisket win was their first category win! You need to stop by and introduce yourself to these great guys! Look forward to seeing you at the Royal!

jbrink01
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Im an AR virgin as well. Will power be on Wednesday night?

Gerrit_Boys
08-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Another one, I paid for power when I entered the open event, do I need to also pay for power for the invitational as well? $60 for 20 amps for 2 days is higher than I pay for my house for a month!

Gerrit_Boys
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
As a veteran of the Huron,SD contest the last two years, I can say with certainty that it was an honor watching the Gerritt Boys win their hometown event this year! I believe I recall hearing him say that not only was this their first Grand, their brisket win was their first category win! You need to stop by and introduce yourself to these great guys! Look forward to seeing you at the Royal!

Thanks Jeff, I'm getting pretty fired up about all the things that go with preparing for an event this big! We're looking forward to seeing everyone down there:clap2:

smknwhlswife
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Im an AR virgin as well. Will power be on Wednesday night?

No, power will not be ready.

Gerrit_Boys
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Where do you enter the Royal grounds at? We wound up in spot #995 and was wondering how hard it is to get to. We'll have a 5th wheel and a cargo trailer. I was planning on arriving on Wednesday evening but am curious if I could get pulled in with what we have on Thursday evening instead. What does it look like on Thurs. Eve.?

Thanks

worthsmokin
08-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Thursday night would typically be tough. But judging where your spot is right at the gate and the first stall, you could probably manage. We are in spot 945 stop by and we will help you get in if you choose thursday evening.

Gerrit_Boys
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Thursday night would typically be tough. But judging where your spot is right at the gate and the first stall, you could probably manage. We are in spot 945 stop by and we will help you get in if you choose thursday evening.

Does this mean I could pull in off 17th street and through the entrance near my site? Coming on Thurs would give me 1 more day of making money instead of spending it.

Thanks again.

worthsmokin
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I am new to that area. But I assume (hopefully somebody knows on here) that those will be open for load in and out.

That is the gates I am planning on using when I get there, hopefully they let me in.

warfrat
08-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Another one, I paid for power when I entered the open event, do I need to also pay for power for the invitational as well? $60 for 20 amps for 2 days is higher than I pay for my house for a month!

Kiley told me that you only have to pay for power once...

INmitch
08-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Can some one tell me where space 180 is located? I can't find it on the map. I'm sure it is there somewhere I'm just not seeing it.

SteerCrazy
08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't mean to hijack the thread but in regards to meat inspection. If you're cooking Inv and Open is there a one time inspection or will they inspect Inv meat Friday and Open meat Saturday?

KC_Bobby
08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Can some one tell me where space 180 is located? I can't find it on the map. I'm sure it is there somewhere I'm just not seeing it.

On the right side of the petting zoo on The Sauce Alley

Don't mean to hijack the thread but in regards to meat inspection. If you're cooking Inv and Open is there a one time inspection or will they inspect Inv meat Friday and Open meat Saturday?

They inspect both days

INmitch
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
On the right side of the petting zoo on The Sauce Alley

They inspect both days
Thanks. They updated the map today. I thought I was loosin it earlier!.....by the way how bigs them animals in the pettin zoo??:shocked::becky:

What?.......like you were'nt thinkin the same thing:cool::evil:

Gerrit_Boys
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Since the Jack draw, nobody talks about the Royal:shocked: Anyways, coming from the north, where do people water up campers and where do you dump them for the trip home? Also, anyone know the road status on I-29 through Iowa?

Slamdunkpro
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
What's the weather typically like at the Royal? I'm flying in so I can't pack one of every possible scenario item.

KC_Bobby
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Might be 90 in the day, might be in the 30s at night ... ask about a week prior and we can let you know what the forecast calls for.

smknwhlswife
09-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Since the Jack draw, nobody talks about the Royal:shocked: Anyways, coming from the north, where do people water up campers and where do you dump them for the trip home? Also, anyone know the road status on I-29 through Iowa?

I-29 is TOAST!!! You will need to find another route.

As for water/dumping.... I suggest you find a campground on your way down and fill on your way then dump on your way out. Most places will charge around $10.

smknwhlswife
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
What's the weather typically like at the Royal? I'm flying in so I can't pack one of every possible scenario item.

Like Bob said.... it can be anything. You will just have to wait till it is closer.

sfisch
09-08-2011, 09:45 AM

We are in 267, not too far from you, I'm gonna come over and shig your chicken!

Scott

INmitch
09-10-2011, 11:51 PM
We are in 267, not too far from you, I'm gonna come over and shig your chicken!

Scott
Haa! Ive been waiting to reply on this! Spot 267 hmm! after this weekend I think I might be lurking around there.:wink: If I had more than 40 bucks in my pocket today I'd a been wearing a real cool shirt while doing it!!:-D

sfisch
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Haa! Ive been waiting to reply on this! Spot 267 hmm! after this weekend I think I might be lurking around there.:wink: If I had more than 40 bucks in my pocket today I'd a been wearing a real cool shirt while doing it!!:-D

We have a real good spot for watching the fireworks and whatever happens to be walking by, Your team is always welcome at our site at any comp.
That was a cool thing they pulled off with that shirt, caught me off guard. It would have looked good on you though.

Scott

Gerrit_Boys
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Being in #995 (corner lot), do we need to worry about roping off our site? I'd rather not haul stuff for that if I don't need it. Also, will they have that grocery store there with parsley and lettuce?

Bigmista
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM

You'll be near DivaQ in 186. See ya there!

CurlyInKC
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
You'll be near DivaQ in 186. See ya there!

He will be pretty close to me in #200 as well. I want to meet you while you're here in KC, BigMista. I'd like to talk with you about Fred from Chicago.

I will arrive on Thurs. but my team mates can't get there until Saturday.
So, I'll be sitting over there pickin' the guitar! Would love to meet any Brethren.

CurlyInKC
Mind if I Smoke