PDA

View Full Version : Baked beans, potato salad, vegetables turn-in boxes?

bearnakedbbq
08-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I am going to enter the side dish competition during the American Royal. I am interested in seeing a few photo's of the turn-in boxes from each of these categories.

Rules states they must fit inside the provided Styrofoam container. Is this the 9x9 container? Are you allowed to place them inside ramekins or some other container?

What else do I need to know about the side dish event?

troy

ParkAvenue_2
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I am going to enter the side dish competition during the American Royal. I am interested in seeing a few photo's of the turn-in boxes from each of these categories.

Rules states they must fit inside the provided Styrofoam container. Is this the 9x9 container? Are you allowed to place them inside ramekins or some other container?

troy

The styrofoam containers you receive for the side dish competitions at the Royal are identical to the containers that you'll recieve for the meat categories.

Yes, you are allowed to use ramekins or other individual serving containers as long as they will fit inside the styrofoam box.

Basically, the KCBS garnish rules are waived for the side dish entries so you can generally throw whatever you want into the box as long as it fits and as long as it doesn't uniquely identify your team entry.

Bunny
08-08-2011, 10:09 AM

troy
The potato side dish is the Reser's Potato Salad contest. Rules say from MMA:
1. You must complete a registration form provided at the cook's meeting.
2. you must complete a recipe entry form provided at the cook's meeting
3. ubmit your most creative potato salad recipe
Garnish is open but must be presented in a 9 x 9 and lid must close
All potatoes are allowed
Judged on appearance, taste and creativity
Does NOT need to be made on site
Recipes must be submitted when registering

Hope this helps.

bearnakedbbq
08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Nobody is willing to share a photo or two of what a turn-in box for Baked Beans, or Potato Salad looks like

Troy

redneck cooker
08-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Never done it...:shocked:

Frankbbq
08-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Here are a few shots. Potato salad is new.

CHill
08-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Just one I have of baked beans...

bearnakedbbq
09-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Bump! Got to be more photo's out there

mobow
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Bump! Got to be more photo's out there
do a practice cook and take some of your own pictures to post and get some feedback on what you are thinking to do. keith