PDA

View Full Version : Wash, Rinse, & Sanitize question

Dex
08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
What do you guys use as a sanitizer/cleaner in your dish washing station at your vending events? Can you just use bleach? If so, what is the dosage rate?

Also, where is the best place to buy the chemical test strips? My HD requires that I have them on hand. Will Restaurant Depot sell them?

Thanks for your help!

HBMTN
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes just bleach 50 to 100ppm

I get the test strips from webstaurant.com

Dex
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes just bleach 50 to 100ppm

Sorry, that lingo is kinda foreign to me. What is ppm? :icon_blush:

How much per gallon would I use?

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

Also, I found those test strips... they are cheap!

El Lobo
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Cutting Boards:
Mix 3 Tbsp of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Pour solution over prewashed cutting board and let stand for 2 minutes. Rinse with 1 tbsp of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Do not rinse or soak overnight.

Surfaces:
Pre-wash surface with clean water. Mix ¾ cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach into 1 gallon of water. Wipe or mop surface with bleach solution and let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse well and air dry. *Safe for nonporous surfaces only.

http://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-regular-bleach/how-to/

Personally, I keep a bottle of 3 Tbsp bleach solution on my home counter. After I wash my meat handling stuff (boards, grinder parts, etc) I spray it with the solution, let it sit for a bit and then wash off.

HBMTN
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
PPM is parts per million it does not take much bleach to be in the 50-100 range. You will set your water up and add clorox and the test the water with s test strip. Continue until you get in the correct range for the solution.

You should take a SafeServ Class it will help you learn everything and your HD will like it as well.

OL' Timer
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Proper mix is one capfull or 1 ounce of bleach per gallon water, test strip from there.

KentuckyLandSales
08-08-2011, 11:14 PM
one capful of bleach per gallon should be satisfactory sanitize in your bucket.

yes, strips available at the Health Dept, Restaurant Depot, Amazon online, etc.