PDA

View Full Version : Equipment in concession trailers

smokinmikes
08-01-2011, 10:52 AM
For those with concession trailers, how have you successfully anchored your equipment? I bought some small D rings at Lowe's but I don't think they will be able to hold my larger equipment. I don't feel comfortable bolting these only thru the floor and the floor joists aren't large enough to completely anchor all four holes of the larger D rings. Any ideas?

Bbq Bubba
08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
What kind of equipment are we talking?

smokinmikes
08-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I have a smoker about 4' wide by 2' depth and 6' tall. Probably 200-300 lbs? I also have a banquet caterer thats about the same size. Probably 200lbs?

HBMTN
08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't know what you call it but I have the tracking mounted to the wall that allows the D rings to be latched in with a quick release and that is what I use to strap my frig to the wall. Now if I could just remember to not leave a gallon of sauce on the counter and it looking like a bbq sauce bomb went off after travel LOL I have done it twice and it is not fun to clean up.

Trucky1008
08-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I strap my FEC100 and Arctic Air Fridge to the walls of my trailer using E-Track and ratchet straps, it works very well.

Bbq Bubba
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I've also had good luck using the wall track to secure my commercial fridge and smokers in place. A couple of D rings on the floor help also.

smokinmikes
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys, that's what I'm looking for and hadn't thought of. I think I'll do the track system and some floor mounted D rings for extra strength.

HBMTN - I can imagine what that looks like! My fear is the smoker breaking loose and destroying the trailer and everything in it.

One more question if ya'll don't mind.. I have a hood and vent in my trailer and I plan on mounting my smoker underneath it. I'm thinking about enclosing this area with plexi-glass. That'll let my customers see the cooker and stop the fan from sucking all my ac out. I should have about one foot of distance from the smoker to the plexi on all sides. Anyone ever try this or have any input?

smokinmikes
08-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Also, where'd you buy the wall track? I don't see it at Lowe's or Home Depot.