PDA

View Full Version : Jack Daniels World Championship - On-Topic

Pages : [1] 2

goodbuddiesbbq
07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Lets go ahead and fire it up. If you have any idea as to who is automatically qualified or any other updates...I would love to hear about them. I know that there are a few teams that are on the doorstep.

I'll start...we have a 2 in 24 chance of coming out of Florida...also known as a 1 in 12 chance. Simply put....we haven't asked for time off of work yet.

Thread Begin.

Meat@Slim's
07-25-2011, 11:48 AM
VT-Lakeside Smokers
NH-Smokin' Hoggz
CT-I Smell Smoke!!!

Bigmista
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
DivaqBBQ - Canadian champion

boogiesnap
07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
VT-Lakeside Smokers
NH-Smokin' Hoggz
CT-I Smell Smoke!!!

so it's the prior years GC's from auto qualifiers and the current years 7 plus wins?
but Lakeside won Vermont this year. feeding freindz won last year.
i smell smoke won norwalk last year, but it hasn't been held yet this year.

its probably me missing something, but, i'm confused.

Sledneck
07-25-2011, 12:18 PM
so it's the prior years GC's from auto qualifiers and the current years 7 plus wins?
but Lakeside won Vermont this year. feeding freindz won last year.
i smell smoke won norwalk last year, but it hasn't been held yet this year.

its probably me missing something, but, i'm confused.

Jacks calendar year for entries starts beginning of September

Slamdunkpro
07-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Back on Topic:

In already from the Mid-Atlantic:

Black Cat BBQ - GC at Middletown Delaware - only event since Dover was canceled
Pork Barrel BBQ - GC in DC - only event
Hambones by the Fire - GC WV winner from September 2010 - only event

Almost there
Chix Swine & Bovine with 6 GC's

boogiesnap
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Jacks calendar year for entries starts beginning of September

got it. :thumb:

Smokedelic
07-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I think Texas Pepper Jelly has an automatic as winner of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo BBQ contest.

chromesporty
07-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Danny Christian, Southern Exposure, has 7 qualifying GC's.

JD McGee
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Yep...you are correct huminnie...that team is "Movin' The Chains" from Oregon..."Bigdogfin" here on the Brethren.
We have 3 bungs in the barrel out of 6 for Washington State. Two of the teams have said they have no desire to go to the Jack...we'll see.

DawgPhan
07-25-2011, 02:04 PM
3 outta last 4 post by world champions. If only mike had waited a few minutes.

Smokedelic
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
3 outta last 4 post by world champions. If only mike had waited a few minutes.
Story of my life.:wink:

huminie
07-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Yep...you are correct huminnie...that team is "Movin' The Chains" from Oregon..."Bigdogfin" here on the Brethren.
We have 3 bungs in the barrel out of 6 for Washington State. Two of the teams have said they have no desire to go to the Jack...we'll see.

Good luck JD! You guys have been doing awesome this year! Always good to see teams deserving and willing/wanting to go get the call! I wish you the best in getting selected!

Mrs. McFrankenboo
07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I am hoping that my friends at IQue win a GC before 8/31. I'd like to see them get that 10 year exemption. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Let's just hope it's not in Long Island :-P

Also, 4 Smokin Butts has 6 qualifying GCs and there are several teams that have 4 & 5 so the next several weeks are going to be exciting!

drbbq
07-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Big Bob Gibson's is in for Memphis in May. I hear Chris is working on his Blues Hog chicken for the occasion.

QN
07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I think Texas Pepper Jelly has an automatic as winner of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo BBQ contest.

Correct! Texas Pepper Jelly is an automatic for winning Houston.
Also, Big Bob Gibson (Chris Lilly) for winning Memphis in May.

I have been involved with The Jack as a volunteer for a number of years, and to my recollection, a foreign contest has never been considered or counted for a US team to have the 7 wins for an automatic. If you want an automatic then just win 7 GC's in the good ole USA. Or, win one of the automatic qualifier contests...

Looking forward to seeing several of ya'll in Lynchburg in October!

ique
07-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I am hoping that my friends at IQue win a GC before 8/31. I'd like to see them get that 10 year exemption. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Thanks Scottie. We have been the last 9 years and the rules say if we win any qualifying contest this year IQue gets an 'auto' for year 10. (We have 4 reserves since Sept) :doh:

Lately I have been cooking like crap and haven't deserved a GC. We are just going to keep plugging away, cook every weekend and keep our fingers crossed. We are scheduled pretty much non-stop Lake Placid > Hudson Valley.

ique
07-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Big Bob Gibson's is in for Memphis in May. I hear Chris is working on his Blues Hog chicken for the occasion.

He should be all set. I showed him that recipe on Best in Smoke.

drbbq
07-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Lol, yeah that worked out well. Tim Love probably isn't judging the Jack so you guys should be ok.

huminie
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Better pack coffee grounds just in case though!

Sledneck
07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks Scottie. We have been the last 9 years and the rules say if we win any qualifying contest this year IQue gets an 'auto' for year 10. (We have 4 reserves since Sept) :doh:

Lately I have been cooking like crap and haven't deserved a GC. We are just going to keep plugging away, cook every weekend and keep our fingers crossed. We are scheduled pretty much non-stop Lake Placid > Hudson Valley.

Want me to come to Saratoga and cook ribs and do parsley?:wink:
Ive finished in the top ten in just about every contest I've cooked ribs since last august:becky:

Crash
07-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Cafe Pesto out of Hawaii has a Jack auto for an 11 team GC out of Hilo Bay, HI. Apparently the Jack officials determined that there would be an exception made for this 11 team event after the results were in.

Podge
07-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Cafe Pesto out of Hawaii has a Jack auto for an 11 team GC out of Hilo Bay, HI. Apparently the Jack officials determined that there would be an exception made for this 11 team event after the results were in.

Tell ya what.. you pay for my expenses and I'll cook with you all next year ! :becky:

Muzzlebrake
07-25-2011, 06:42 PM

I really wish you good luck and hope you win one. iQue's longevity at the Jack is as impressive a feat as I can think of. It really highlights a level of excellence and consistency that I don't think has been duplicated. While I understand that winning 7 in a year is also an incredible feat, I think that 10 straight years in truly remarkable.

Has it been done before and if so by who?

Scottie
07-25-2011, 07:43 PM
For sure Johnny and Myron have donevthe 10 year deal. I think that is it...

Scottie
07-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Tell ya what.. you pay for my expenses and I'll cook with you all next year ! :becky:

Me too!!!!

Crash
07-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Me too!!!!
Tell you what fellas, you cover your expenses and I'll let you cook with me. I'll even buy the first 8 rounds. :wink:

boogiesnap
07-25-2011, 08:20 PM
is the mainely grillin and chillin an auto?

Smoke'n Ice
07-25-2011, 09:17 PM
If so, it begs the question, why change the wording of the current rules to include US? And why do it two months after your current BBQ rules became effective...?

Maybe someone can explain that to me?

Also was the BC event promoted as a Jack qualifer for any team? If so that promoter needs to make sure it is maybe spelled out a little clearer, as I am pretty sure the team attented this event in good faith that it was, and there would have been other competitions that would have been cheaper to attend.

The BC event was truly a "Jack" qualifier. The winning US team will have their bong put in the state draw for the state in which they live. Has been the rule for years as published in numerous places by the folks who are the LAST word on the "Jack", them.

Also, it is called the "Golden Rule", "he who has the gold, makes the rule." They have every right to say tomorrow that the "Jack" is cancelled and, since they are owned by a large corporation, that decision could be made to prevent any bad publicity.

We, as a group, should be very careful what we wish for.

Bentley
07-26-2011, 12:26 AM
The BC event was truly a "Jack" qualifier. The winning US team will have their bong put in the state draw for the state in which they live. Has been the rule for years as published in numerous places by the folks who are the LAST word on the "Jack", them.

Seems like a dichotomy then, you say it gets you a bong, what if you are more into doobs?

I dont understand if it gets you a bung in the state draw, why is it not counted as a win for the 7? Some of you will says thats just the way it is, I wonder how you would feel if the shoe were on the other hand?

Smoke'n Ice
07-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Seems like a dichotomy then, you say it gets you a bong, what if you are more into doobs?

This spelling was in honor of folks from the west coast, seems there may be more to it than "smoke" and mirrors. I know it is legal out there but too excess can cause brain farts.

There were several Canadian contests in years past that were auto's to the Jack. Over five years ago, they (the folks at Jack Daniels who make the rules for the Jack invitational) made it so only Canadian teams were eligible for the auto. American teams were placed in their state draw. This was done, I was told, to get more international teams involved and have a better marketing opportunity for their products which is what it is all about.

There is a simple solution, just go win another one for the “gipper” in the good old USA in the next five weeks.

ique
07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
is the mainely grillin and chillin an auto?

No there was another Maine event earlier this year. Its a 50/50 event if you take GC.

Ford
07-26-2011, 07:39 AM
this thread is kind of being highjacked from the original question but all the rest about the letter to the Jack is here so I'll post here.

I actually read the letter and also read the CC's. What is the purpose of contacting the Chief Diversity Officer? If anything can kill the contest this is it. Why was it done? Is it just a scatter gun approach to try to get in or does the writer have a valid complaint that can be documented? Unfortunately it may never get to that type of investigation and just the threat may be enough to end the Jack. Sure hope it doesn't happen.

Lakeside Smoker
07-26-2011, 11:58 AM
No there was another Maine event earlier this year. Its a 50/50 event if you take GC.

3 this year: Old Orchard Beach, Fryeburg, and Eliot.

U2CANQUE
07-26-2011, 12:49 PM
I love all of Ohio Teams, and support them, but, boy, I am sending out the harsh mojo to them for just the next 5 weeks...

VA- I think I am a 1 in 3 shot
GA-1 in God knows how many shot....
Ohio Home State exemption.....crossing fingers.....

SmokeInDaEye
07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Good luck everyone who is eligible, drama or no drama. I am hoping to go lend a hand and check out the scene this year.

Podge
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
I just have one more shot this fiscal year, Madison, to get a bung for the Jack Draw.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
I just have one more shot this fiscal year, Madison, to get a bung for the Jack Draw.

You've got one with Louisville don't you?

Podge
07-26-2011, 01:16 PM
You've got one with Louisville don't you?

Nope !.. not a State Championship, and didn't have 50 teams.

quarters69
07-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Podge, I thought any event with 25 or more was a state championship?? Is that not correct.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Dang I just assumed.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Podge, I thought any event with 25 or more was a state championship?? Is that not correct.

My understanding is it has to
Be a state championship AND have 25 teams to count unless it is a first year event. To be declared a state championship the governor has to declare it one. You can by pass the state champion status a still be a qualifier as long as 50 teams show up.

quarters69
07-26-2011, 01:57 PM
That stinks, the entry for Louisville was 50 teams. Podge would of had it if all the teams showed up.

How many did you have bourbon.

Scottie
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM

Damn, i cooked it and i thought it had 50 teams and a state proclamation...

The Jack is overrated anyway Podge...

:becky:

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
That stinks, the entry for Louisville was 50 teams. Podge would of had it if all the teams showed up.

How many did you have bourbon.

Well now it looks like we have 2 of the 5 for KY if my math is right.

Owensboro - 2010- Bourbon Barrel
Springfield - 2010- Longdawgs
Munfordville -2010- Warren Co.
Benton -2011- Son Seekers
Lebanon -2011- Bourbon Barrel

I may have over looked one.

Podge
07-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Well now it looks like we have 2 of the 5 for KY if my math is right.

Owensboro - 2010- Bourbon Barrel
Springfield - 2010- Longdawgs
Munfordville -2010- Warren Co.
Benton -2011- Son Seekers
Lebanon -2011- Bourbon Barrel

I may have over looked one.

I believe that's all of them.

huminie
07-26-2011, 02:35 PM
I hope to one day have a bung in the draw before it goes away. I can't even imagine actually being invited.

JD McGee
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
The Jack is about tradition and the brand is also owned by a large corporation. Large corporations have been cutting expenses lately. Ive heard from quite a few folks the last 5 years that it could be cancelled. Thse are not bbqr's that are spreading thos either... so to just assume it will go, because we think it's awesome, might be a bit optimistic.

If it goes... good luck with the draw JD.
Thanks Scottie...it would be a very sad day indeed if the Jack went away...I hope to never see it leave in my lifetime. Our goal last year was just to get an invitation...and we did...the experience was amazing. Our new goal is to take a walk in the top 5...hopefully we can achieve that one before either the Jack...or me are dust...

QN
07-26-2011, 03:43 PM
A lot of people seem to think The Jack is a typical barbecue contest; they could not be more wrong. The Jack is a marketing event for a Brown-Forman brand called Jack Daniels. It is not and never has been a sanctioned contest. It is a unique event and there is nothing else like it, period. It is an invitational and they can make any rules they want to and invite who they want to. The primary purpose is to get the Jack Daniels brand publicized. They use mostly celebrity judges; TV personalities, chefs, nationally known figures, etc. because these people talk and write about going to Lynchburg and judging the Jack Daniels contest. It gets the Jack Daniels name in the media. If you want to cook The Jack, meet the requirements and get invited. Otherwise, don't try to force your way in by trying to bend the rules or get by on some technical loophole you may think exists. I hope to see some of you in the holler in October.

The Turk
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Spitifire BBQ out of ND is an Automatic also.

redneck cooker
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
In 2009 I was lucky enough to get the draw from Texas...its a great opportunity to cook and meet people...that yr we were told they had 30% CBJ's and 70% celebrity Judges...chefs resturanteurs....etc....

We were also told that it may end by 2014, I hope it never stops, Would like to go back one more time....its a great experience...

Scottie
07-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Riblette, Mark did a pretty thorough job in his description. I believe the prize fund is $25k. When you throwvin everything elalse, its not cheap. How much does it really do for advertising? Does it do better than PBR? Auto racing, et al? I would have to say it is a very low demographics that they get out of bbq week. If you've ever been to the Jack, they have many many expenses. Then when you throw in headaches like this (which has also happenes the last 2 years), is it worth the brand imaging? They are better dumping the money in one of their past champions pockets for advertising. They could probably get better advertising bang for their buck.

I got to see more behind the scenes stuff since winning the Jack. Including branding. B-F takes it very serious. I dont need to expand on who or what else we discussed, but you would be shocked. They would be better off dumping the bbq money in to grow the brand with the Master Distiller, just as they did with Jimmy. They have not really released Jeff like they did Jimmy. So maybe that money could go there? Just thinking outvloud...

Rub
07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I've got one bung in GA and one in FL, with 2 more chances coming up. Not very good odds but I'll sure take it! Earned my way to it in '09 with 7+ GCs and it was the trip of a lifetime that I will never forget. Let's hope it stays around for a long time to come so more and more to get the chance experience it.

riblette
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I got to see more behind the scenes stuff since winning the Jack. Including branding. B-F takes it very serious.

Thanks Scottie,

I take your word for it...must be lots of moving parts.

I think these guys have a marketing budget of around $100M, so a BBQ contest seems like a drop in the bucket. But they always seem to have a margin in excess of 50% so they must know what they're doing. There's gold in them thar hollers!

Back on topic - anybody who earns an invited has a lot to be proud of...anybody that gets an automatic invite is amazing!!!! Best of luck to our buds over at 4 Smokin' Butts...they just need to knock down one more...after their RGC last week they should be able to smell it by now!

Cheers.

goodbuddiesbbq
07-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Timothy T and the BBQ High Rollers is on the brethren....gotta like that!

-Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ

Jeff_in_KC
07-27-2011, 12:44 AM
We have one bung in the draw for Missouri (LOL! Fat chance!). Better odds in Alabama where, with the Demopolis win, we would have had a one in 14 chance but thanks to Mr. Mike Davis winning the Royal AND two of those 14, we now have a one in 12 chance!

boogiesnap
07-27-2011, 07:08 AM
i got no bungs. :cry:

chromesporty
07-27-2011, 08:16 AM
We have one bung in the draw for Missouri (LOL! Fat chance!).

Same here. We have one for Texas.

Scottie
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Vince and Alexa from Rythym N Que cook on WSM's for all you guys that need someone to look up to. They have clearly been the most dominant team out West for many years. Travel in a van and travel ALL over the west. Not cherry picking, but willing to go head to head againt the best. I dont recall them ever trying to back door or shirk rules to get in the Jack. If anything they have embraced the Jack, it's history and what it means. I respect that.

Muzzlebrake
07-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Vince and Alexa from Rythym N Que cook on WSM's for all you guys that need someone to look up to. They have clearly bee the most dominant team out West for many years. Travel in a van and travel ALL over the west. Not cherry picking, but willing to go head tovhead againt the best. I dont recall them ever trying to back door or shirk rules to get in the Jack. If anything they have embraced the Jack, it's history and what it means. I respect that.

they had 7 no questions asked, 2 years in a row! thats crazy consistantly good! 2 in a weekend once too right? oh and if you think they are Left Coast flukes, they won the Sam's Top 25 Invitational last year too!

how many bungs do they have this year?

Mrs. McFrankenboo
07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
how many bungs do they have this year?

They have 5 GCs this year but two of them didn't have enough teams to make them qualifiers. They'll have 2 bungs in AZ and 1 in CA plus whatever they pull in over the next 5 weeks!!

Capn Kev
07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Getting back to the original topic...

Burnin' Bob's Butts & Bones have 4 wins out here in the Rocky Mountain region, and will be competing in at least 3-4 more comps within the qualifying window. Bob has 2 of the qualifying spots from Colorado competitions, has one in NE, and one in WY. I hope he either automatically qualifies or gets the draw, he and his wife Donna are good people! :thumb:

Kev

huminie
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Now, now, now JD...it has been well established that they do, in fact, already have 7 bungs..but one has been deemed ineligible as an automatic. :becky:

There are plenty of contests on the west coast over the next few weeks. Gonna be a fun time for BBQ!

BBQ is really picking up steam out west and the teams are only getting better and better. We had some judges out here from Georgia recently to judge a contest and they confirmed that the que was as good as anywhere they had judged and went as far as saying the quality of the pork turn ins was some of the best they had ever had.

Anyway, looking forward to this being resolved and moving forward. I have met some really great folks through BBQ and now have a lot of friends coast to coast due to this fun hobby. BBQ people are great!

goodbuddiesbbq
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
How about Bub-ba-Q (Bubba Latimer)...any ideas out there...he's gotta be around 5 or 6, ay?

DawgPhan
07-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Bubba has 5 grands since sept 1st of last year, but I dont know if they were all qualifiers.

worthsmokin
07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
We took GC in Whiting, IA and there were only 18 teams. I know for the ARBBQ Invitational they allow a 15 team contest that is State Championship and first year contest to qualify.

But the Jack it must be a minimum of 25 teams and State Championship or 50 teams. Is that correct?

The Whiting, IA contest wouldn't give us another bung?

ique
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
We took GC in Whiting, IA and there were only 18 teams. I know for the ARBBQ Invitational they allow a 15 team contest that is State Championship and first year contest to qualify.

But the Jack it must be a minimum of 25 teams and State Championship or 50 teams. Is that correct?

For Jack a 15 team 1st year state championship is a qualifier.

Plowboy
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM

Whiting is a qualifier as a first year contest. You are good to go.

Rub
07-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Bub-Ba-Q has 1 FBA contest bung.

goodbuddiesbbq
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Bub-Ba-Q has 1 FBA contest bung.

Make him go out of state and get the easy ones :boxing:.

Did he win it in Florida or Georgia?

JD McGee
07-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Scratch "Movin' The Chains" off the auto-list...the Alsaka BBQ Association pulled his GC after determining that the tabulation software was faulty. From what I understand...they were using our PNWBA program...I hope they don't pull any of ours...or perhaps we won a couple more we are not aware of...wow...what a cluster...

On edit...just confirmed with our PNWBA president that they may have been using an outdated software...the new version has several safeguards against this sort of thing. He pretty much thinks the reason was human error...

Rub
07-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Make him go out of state and get the easy ones :boxing:.

Did he win it in Florida or Georgia?
Lol, he got it in Okeechobee FL.

Rub
07-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Scratch "Movin' The Chains" off the auto-list...the Alsaka BBQ Association pulled his GC after determining that the tabulation software was faulty. From what I understand...they were using our PNWBA program...I hope they don't pull any of ours...or perhaps we won a couple more we are not aware of...wow...what a cluster...

Whoa...what a fuster cluck indeed.

bigdogphin
07-27-2011, 07:56 PM

On edit...just confirmed with our PNWBA president that they may have been using an outdated software...the new version has several safeguards against this sort of thing. He pretty much thinks the reason was human error...

Yes, human error. Next time an awards ceremony is late even if the Governor is waiting...let it be, better they get it right than have the rug pulled out. Just sayin:thumb:

Plowboy
07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
:laugh: I hope not!

This whole time I thought it had to be 25 team regardless of 1st year or not. Now we have 2 chances. One in MO and one in IA!!!

I would love to go as everyone else does. Pick me Pick me!!!

I hope you get called for Iowa, cause that's one less team in Missouri draw... not that it matters cause we still got about 30 other teams to draw against. :roll:

Give me the Royal anyday. At least I know the best have a choice to be there or not. :becky: Plus, if you play your cards right, you can use one of Scottie's briskets while he's sleeping. :thumb:

P.S. Emoticons rule!! :mod:

Plowboy
07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
So last year on draw weekend we were talking about how Buffalo's BBQ has had something like 40+ bungs in their career and never been pulled. Maybe Donnie should write a letter to someone. I can't believe THEY are keeping him out like that.

Smoke'n Ice
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Probably has to do with "tornado alley" or something like that.
:sad::shock::x:-P:razz::cry::twisted:

swamprb
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Ty and myself have 1 bung for WA. Cheney Jubilee, Smokin' Ty's BBQ. Doubt if we'll go.

crd26a
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
So last year on draw weekend we were talking about how Buffalo's BBQ has had something like 40+ bungs in their career and never been pulled. Maybe Donnie should write a letter to someone. I can't believe THEY are keeping him out like that.

He still wouldn't smile

Jeff_in_KC
07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I hope you get called for Iowa, cause that's one less team in Missouri draw... not that it matters cause we still got about 30 other teams to draw against. :roll:

Give me the Royal anyday. At least I know the best have a choice to be there or not. :becky: Plus, if you play your cards right, you can use one of Scottie's briskets while he's sleeping. :thumb:

That's why I was happy to see Rob get #7... takes all of the Missouri and Kansas contests he's cooked and won out of the equation!

JD McGee
07-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Hopefully Alaska finally got it together and the new GC and auto in to the Jack is "Squeal on U"...:tsk: No disrespect intended to Squeal on U...just sad the way it ended up for Jesse...

Scottie
07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I Plus, if you play your cards right, you can use one of Scottie's briskets while he's sleeping. :thumb:

I wasnt sleeping. Blues Hog had just stopped by and I was just starting to stretch out when my low temp alarm went off..

So bite me!!! :fish:

The Royal as a contest is awesome.

So I've got one thing to say to you...

El Jefe in 2012!!!!

Plowboy
07-27-2011, 10:56 PM
I wasnt sleeping. Blues Hog had just stopped by and I was just starting to stretch out when my low temp alarm went off..

So bite me!!! :fish:

The Royal as a contest is awesome.

So I've got one thing to say to you...

El Jefe in 2012!!!!

Ask El Jefe about a Super Ticket idea we've got for you. :becky:

Scottie
07-27-2011, 11:57 PM

oh boy... :shock:

Jorge
07-28-2011, 06:51 AM

The Regulators 2012!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U2CANQUE
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
The Regulators 2012!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would be well worth renewing my membership just to be able to support that ticket :thumb:

HoDeDo
07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Now the people we want on the ticket would just have to buy into it!
:)

HoDeDo
07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Finally back to regularly scheduled programming :)
I think Debbie provided a complete and accurate response.
She is also one of the many (like Judy, and others) that bend over backwards for us.
So, very nice to see it was timely as well.

Capn Kev
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Mike, I see you'll be in Dillon in about 3 weeks. Stop by and say "hi", I'll have a cold one ready for you in the cooler. :thumb:

Kevin

Muzzlebrake
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
would be well worth renewing my membership just to be able to support that ticket :thumb:

support it? I heard you are on it! :wacko:

Now the people we want on the ticket would just have to buy into it! :)
The Regulators 2012!!!

:cop:

failure to emoticon, HoDeDo & Jorge, ten yards

smknwhlswife
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Lets go ahead and fire it up. If you have any idea as to who is automatically qualified or any other updates...I would love to hear about them. I know that there are a few teams that are on the doorstep.

I'll start...we have a 2 in 24 chance of coming out of Florida...also known as a 1 in 12 chance. Simply put....we haven't asked for time off of work yet.

Thread Begin.

I think it is time to start a new thread!!!!:focus:

boogiesnap
07-28-2011, 07:04 PM
as a brethren, it is stop whatever you are doing at whatever time you are doing it to help another.

11A-1:30P NOT excluded.

might haveta be quick, but nonetheless...

everything else, dead on!

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
More importantly, has anybody seen my stoker?

ZILLA
07-28-2011, 09:36 PM
More importantly, has anybody seen my stoker?

It's in your gym bag wrapped up in an old tee shirt.

INmitch
07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I think it is time to start a new thread!!!!:focus:
While were on topic I want to throw out a big....Fowl Butt's got a bung in IN and MI.
Now I'm going off topic (Yes vikes & vodke and all) I feel privaledged to even have a chance to go to THE JACK!!
I didn't know about the letter writing campaign until this thread. I have lost ALL respect for HS. It's bad enough that every KCBS rep has to explain the pork colar thing at every comp now. It's obvious that he skirts the rules when he can. Even a dumb Indiana farm boy like me knows what a pork butt is. And don't try blowin smoke up my a$$ sayin he thouht it was legal!! We all know better.
I couldn't live with myself if I did something even close to bending rules!

Sledneck
07-28-2011, 11:10 PM
While were on topic I want to throw out a big....Fowl Butt's got a bung in IN and MI.
Now I'm going off topic (Yes vikes & vodke and all) I feel privaledged to even have a chance to go to THE JACK!!
I didn't know about the letter writing campaign until this thread. I have lost ALL respect for HS. It's bad enough that every KCBS rep has to explain the pork colar thing at every comp now. It's obvious that he skirts the rules when he can. Even a dumb Indiana farm boy like me knows what a pork butt is. And don't try blowin smoke up my a$$ sayin he thouht it was legal!! We all know better.
I couldn't live with myself if I did something even close to bending rules!

Hi, how are you? Do you know where my stokers is?

swamprb
07-29-2011, 12:30 AM
....so, does anyone care cook any Canadian and or PNWBA events in the future?

Bigmista
07-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Moderators is there anyway to ignore quotes that other people make of people that I have already ignored? It would help me fight the temptation to call someone an asshat...oops! I mean it would help bite my tongue if I could just have all of their comments removed when I hit the ignore button.

BOT...congrats to all who have qualified for the Jack. I wish you all the best!

Crash
07-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Here's my take:

1) Is it possible to get this thread back on topic 100%, or can it at least be split into a "SYD 2011 Jack controversy" and a "Jack Draw discussion".

2) Why hasn't this been moderated? In all sincerity, I am not calling out any Brethren Moderators, or anyone else for that matter.....but this thread has totally morphed into straight-up name bashing on SYD. The OP's topic does not justify the abuse that SYD has taken.

3) Personally, I just want to know which of the good BBQ folks that we have competed against (or met) over the many years have a chance at the Jack....plain and simple. Unless I missed something, that was the intent of this thread. If I'm wrong, well fark it.....won't be the first time :-D.

goodbuddiesbbq
07-29-2011, 05:50 AM
You got me. I still don't have an Ohio Drivers License....still an expired Florida license. I make my money on the east side, drive home past Ohio City and live in Broadview Heights. I'm the worse type of Clevelander...I don't live east or west....I live south.

But when I call sports radio stations to tell them why I am smarter than Dan Gilbert, Mike Holmgren & Mark Shapiro combined...I tell them I'm from Akron....it's just easier that way.

Good luck on that draw...I wouldn't mind seeing such a Ed Hardy shirt wearing, organic beer drinking, Coldplay listening Ohio City boy get to the Jack and make some noise. For those that haven't met U2CanQue...the above description is him to a tee...don't let the military talk fool you.

Good luck brother and if my wife does see this post, she's gonna make sure I go get that license.

U2CANQUE
07-29-2011, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing such a Ed Hardy shirt wearing, organic beer drinking, Coldplay listening Ohio City boy get to the Jack and make some noise. For those that haven't met U2CanQue...the above description is him to a tee...don't let the military talk fool you.

Good luck brother and if my wife does see this post, she's gonna make sure I go get that license.

Thanks, and as much as I deserved that....I said card carrying Ohio City fool, not a credit card charging IN Ohio City drool ...

hope to see the whiskey bent boys down in daniels land

Scottie
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Now about the original intent of this thread, you are correct. It has morphed ansd should probably be split.

The rest of your thread I wont comment on, even though I agree 100%.

I have 4 bungs so far at least.... I am cooking 2 more contest during the qualifying period. I am one cook that could care less about going for 7. Which is totally my choice

I have 2 for Illinoos, 1 in New York and 1 in Michigan. Good luck to all those teams that have gone through the process and have a bung in the draw. Even SYD. Trust me when i say that Lynchburg is a special place. I really hate to see the contest tarnished in anyway.

azmark
07-29-2011, 01:24 PM
A seasoned noob bbqing but a green noob to the bbq circuit and understanding it. The Jack Daniels Championship IS the Super Bowl of BBQ from what I gather correct?

Arlin_MacRae
07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
OK folks, I've split this off as the original thread about who's got a shot at entering the Jack this year.

Please do not bring the Harry Soo issue into this or you will be clobbered! I split that discussion into its own thread. Remember always - PLAY NICE.

Thanks.

Arlin

goodbuddiesbbq
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks, and as much as I deserved that....I said card carrying Ohio City fool, not a credit card charging IN Ohio City drool ...

hope to see the whiskey bent boys down in daniels land

I'm calling an immediate cease and desist once they see our logo.

huminie
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
A seasoned noob bbqing but a green noob to the bbq circuit and understanding it. The Jack Daniels Championship IS the Super Bowl of BBQ from what I gather correct?

Sort of. It is unique. All the teams are good teams because they had to win a GC to be there, and there are teams from all over the US and the world, so there is a ton of talent. But not all good teams get to go due to the lottery system they use to distribute invites. Winners are considered world champions, but you have to be both good and lucky to get in and even better and luckier to win! Definitely the winners of the Jack are considered to be among the best in BBQ...no doubt there!

Some consider contests like the American Royal to be the real super bowl/world series of BBQ since all teams can go...GC winners for he invitational and all comers to the open. But not all make the trek to the holy land of KC, MO.

azmark
07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Sort of. It is unique. All the teams are good teams because they had to win a GC to be there, and there are teams from all over the US and the world, so there is a ton of talent. But not all good teams get to go due to the lottery system they use to distribute invites. Winners are considered world champions, but you have to be both good and lucky to get in and even better and luckier to win! Definitely the winners of the Jack are considered to be among the best in BBQ...no doubt there!

Some consider contests like the American Royal to be the real super bowl/world series of BBQ since all teams can go...GC winners for he invitational and all comers to the open. But not all make the trek to the holy land of KC, MO.

Thanks!!

crd26a
07-29-2011, 07:18 PM
I've got one in the big ole Kansas drawing - long shot but keeping those fingers crossed

Bonkers789
07-30-2011, 01:33 AM
I got one in Texas
Like I told my wife if I got picked I would probally have a heart attack

BoneDaddy's
08-02-2011, 10:21 PM
When are the bungs pulled, sept 30? My buddy won an Ohio qualifier and he is getting antsy

Jeff_in_KC
08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
When are the bungs pulled, sept 30? My buddy won an Ohio qualifier and he is getting antsy

Oh no! Way before that! Last year, it was on the Thursday or Friday afternoon starting Labor Day weekend. Results were posted around 4PM. I'm sure it'll be about the same this year.

On a bung note, we got a second for Missouri this past weekend so now two in Missouri (two in about 10,500 chance) and one in Alabama (one in 12 chance). Going to try for one in Minnesota (one in 9 chance) in about three weeks. :pray:

moocow
08-03-2011, 12:38 AM
We had one bung for Missouri last year from our first Grand Champion ever. A Kansas team got the Missouri draw so they drew again and we got the home state rep. I know teams think only having one draw sounds like a long shot but it can happen! We have another shot at it this year and you never know. Good luck to everyone who has a bung.

goodbuddiesbbq
08-03-2011, 07:32 AM

If Chix, Swine & Bovine wins one more GC in the next month, I believe your buddy is an automatic to the Jack. Chix, Swine & Bovine has won 2 of the 3 qualifiers and Saucehound (your buddy...I'm guessing) won the other.

You need to cheer for Mike and CSB to get it done. If not, he has a 1 in 3 chance, which is still pretty good.

musicmanryann
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
If Chix, Swine & Bovine wins one more GC in the next month, I believe your buddy is an automatic to the Jack. Chix, Swine & Bovine has won 2 of the 3 qualifiers and Saucehound (your buddy...I'm guessing) won the other.

You need to cheer for Mike and CSB to get it done. If not, he has a 1 in 3 chance, which is still pretty good.

The way Mike is competing I would start to make travel arrangements--Hotels near the Hollow book up fast.

On a side note-there are only 3 qualifiers in Ohio? I need to look at heading over to the Buckeye State soon!:wink:

Sweet Breathe BBQ
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
We might have gotten our first this weekend in Saratoga, NY. Still trying to find out if the organizer got the proclamation.

JD McGee
08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Number 4 for Wine Country "Q"...:becky:

Kit R
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
For Jack a 15 team 1st year state championship is a qualifier.

That's good news because we (DegŁello BBQ) got our first ever GC at the Bluemont BBQ Bash in Bluemont VA this past weekend. So we've got a chance at least. That iQue chicken (with some tweaks of our own) has been carrying the day for us this year!

goodbuddiesbbq
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
The way Mike is competing I would start to make travel arrangements--Hotels near the Hollow book up fast.

On a side note-there are only 3 qualifiers in Ohio? I need to look at heading over to the Buckeye State soon!:wink:

Come get you some!!!:boxing:

YankeeBBQ
08-03-2011, 12:02 PM

The best teams don't always get into the playoffs in the NFL because of the afc/nfc division system. Just sayin.

Alexa RnQ
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Playoffs happen once. BBQ teams can collect a bung any week of the year.

Ryan Chester
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Playoffs happen once. BBQ teams can collect a bung any week of the year.

Im hoping to collect one this weekend.:becky: See you there!

Matt_A
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
That's good news because we (DegŁello BBQ) got our first ever GC at the Bluemont BBQ Bash in Bluemont VA this past weekend. So we've got a chance at least. That iQue chicken (with some tweaks of our own) has been carrying the day for us this year!

Congrats on your 1st Ever!! :clap2:

gmholler
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
There were 16 contests this past Jack qualifying year (Sept 1- Aug 31) in Louisiana that were State Championships where the GC qualified for the Jack draw. They were:

Big Bear BBQ (head cook Sean Hebert) – 5
Smokin' Lipps (head cook Brian Lipps) – 3
Smokin' N the Dark (head cook Dennis May) – 2
Chix, Swine & Bovine – 2
Southern Exposure (head cook Danny Christian) – 2 (Danny is already in as an automatic qualifier)
Makin' Smoke (head cook Tom McCollough) – 1
Shootin' Smoke (head cook Melvin Dimm) - 1

Lynn H.

atvalaska
08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Hopefully Alaska finally got it together and the new GC and auto in to the Jack is "Squeal on U"...:tsk: No disrespect intended to Squeal on U...just sad the way it ended up for Jesse...
yup, sorry software...."it got me" in 2008 had to give up my GC..... just say'in .....20 points ahead of the reserve this go around

Jeff_in_KC
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
The best teams don't always get into the playoffs in the NFL because of the afc/nfc division system. Just sayin.

Or P because A they T buy R their I way O in T to S the playoffs! :heh::-P

boogiesnap
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM

off topic..i know
and thats simply not true. really only a handful of the WORST teams don't get into the playoffs.

Texana
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I would like to thank both Smokadelic an QN for mentioning my automatic to the Jack prior to this thread going every which way.

Yes team Texas Pepper Jelly will be at the Jack this year thanks to the automatic for winning the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.

Last year I had 5 bungs in the draw and I gotta tell you getting the automatic is sure a sweet way to seal the deal.

I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can. When I started cooking in 2005 the Jack was just a dream ... now it is a reality.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to help us along our road to success. You know who you are and I hope you know your appreciated.

Craig

Coz
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
When do they send out the forms to fill out for the draw?

ique
08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I think this is what NY looks like

HVRF - ???
Taste of Country Buffalo - Doghouse Willie
Brockport - Good Smoke
Taste of Country Saratoga - Sweet Breathe
Lake Placid - Cancer Sucks
Boston Hills - Cant Stop Grillin
Wilson - Good Smoke
Williepalooza - BBQ Brethren
Oink '10 - Cant Stop Grillin

Questions: Are Wilson and Williepallooza qualifiers? Did Arlie get proclamations for buffalo and saratoga?

These teams are out of the draw due to getting automatics elsewhere:

Manorville - IQUE (10 yr)
Troy - Lakeside (Harpoon)
Roc City - Smokin Hoggz (New Hampshire)

goodsmokebbq
08-11-2011, 09:14 AM
I think this is what NY looks like

HVRF - ???
Brockport - Good Smoke
Boston Hills - Cant Stop Grillin
Wilson - Good Smoke
Oink '10 - Cant Stop Grillin

Questions: Are Wilson and Williepallooza qualifiers? Did Arlie get proclamations for buffalo and saratoga?

Wilson was not a state championship and it doesn't look like the Taste of Country events were either. I think Willie was. I believe Can't Stop is an automatic from the series in Canada, if so you can pull them out also.

ique
08-11-2011, 09:25 AM
UPDATED NY Draw

HVRF - ???
Brockport - Good Smoke

Oink '10 - Cant Stop Grillin (Canadian Event)
Boston Hills - Cant Stop Grillin (Canadian Event)

Events that were not qualifiers:
Wilson - Good Smoke

Taste events could be qualifiers if a proclamation materializes

Cue's Your Daddy
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Are good smoke and The brethren the only 2 teams from NY that have won a GC who are from NY?

Scottie
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Whats the matter with a guy from Chicago representing NY at the Jack? I mean.. a guy from Kansas was your series champion a couple of uears ago!!!! :thumb:

I hope a bunch more auto's come out of NY. Liking the odds better! :becky:

Can some of my boys with auto's cook Hudson Valley and win for me? lol

JD McGee
08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Add Piggy D's to the auto invite list with their win in Stevensville, MT this past weekend...:o)

Muzzlebrake
08-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Are good smoke and The brethren the only 2 teams from NY that have won a GC who are from NY?

yes

Whats the matter with a guy from Chicago representing NY at the Jack? I mean.. a guy from Kansas was your series champion a couple of uears ago!!!! :thumb:

I hope a bunch more auto's come out of NY. Liking the odds better! :becky:

Can some of my boys with auto's cook Hudson Valley and win for me? lol

NY will be well represented no matter who gets pulled from that group! I hope you do get pulled, that means another Brethren team gets to go as home state rep right?

and hey if any of you that have an auto, don't you think a weekend at home would be nice?

Sweet Breathe BBQ
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Apparently Arlie is still waiting, not sure that I should hold my breath. Would be nice to have a chance at the draw though, would be good to have a team from Vermont representing. Though happy John, from IQUE will be there!

Bonkers789
08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Any body know what the Texas Draw Looks Like or how I can find out
:-D I got my paperwork for the draw for The Jack

mw
08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
In Texas, there is probably about a 1 in 80+ chance of being drawn.

Cue's Your Daddy
08-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Apparently Arlie is still waiting, not sure that I should hold my breath. Would be nice to have a chance at the draw though, would be good to have a team from Vermont representing. Though happy John, from IQUE will be there!

SO they weren't State Qualifiers....And if he didnt get the qualifying status he can get it after?

ique
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM

Not aware of any teams with a home state of VT. You may get in through the home state rep rule

SO they weren't State Qualifiers....And if he didnt get the qualifying status he can get it after?

They were not. Heard something about the procs. being "in-progress", I wouldn't count on it though.

Gerrit_Boys
08-15-2011, 10:03 PM
We qualified in SD this year, should we have gotten some mail from Tennessee?

Fatback Joe
08-16-2011, 06:51 AM
We qualified in SD this year, should we have gotten some mail from Tennessee?

I just got my letter yesterday. You should get something real soon, but would not panick just yet.

musicmanryann
08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
A word of advice for those of you fortunate to be filling out the application for the draw--Where they ask for team members' names, make sure you put down EVERYONE on your team you think will be even remotely interested in coming down with you to Lynchburg. If you get drawn, they will use this list to make name badges for each team member. A name badge is your ticket to everything and getting one while there costs money and is a process.

Vince RnQ
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
A word of advice for those of you fortunate to be filling out the application for the draw--Where they ask for team members' names, make sure you put down EVERYONE on your team you think will be even remotely interested in coming down with you to Lynchburg. If you get drawn, they will use this list to make name badges for each team member. A name badge is your ticket to everything and getting one while there costs money and is a process.

Keep in mind that you are only supposed to list people who are actually members of your team. According to the Jack rules, only those who regularly cook with the team are allowed to cook at the Jack. Bringing in people who are not regular members of the team could result in disqualification from the event. In addition, the draw entry form requires the signature of each team member too.

musicmanryann
08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Yep, that is a good articulation. In my instance and a couple of other first-time teams from last year, a couple of team members were on the fence at first about making the long trip, so they were left off the list. They then ended up deciding to come. Didn't think twice about it since we had never been there before to experience how 'official' they were with everything. Those team members had to spend time getting name badges made and had to pay for them while the ones on the list were free. Not a big deal, but could have been avoided if I had known better. Probably best to contact them if you get drawn and know exactly who is coming.

Oh, and be aware you have to present a photo ID to get a badge as well. :thumb:

BoneDaddy's
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Anyone know if Chix, Swine & Bovine have qualified with 5?

Jeff_in_KC
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Was taking a look at Alabama. Did I figure this correctly?

Remove DegaQue and Decatur Riverfest because Lotta Bull won the Royal and is an automatic. That leaves:

Sucarnochee BBQ & Blues Cookoff (Livingston, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
American Bass Anglers BBQ Tour (Guntersville, AL) - DoRagQ
Christmas on the River (Demopolis, AL) - Big Creek BBQ
Hog Wild Festival (Mobile, AL) - Wild Bunch Butt Burners
Smoke on the Falls (Gadsden, AL) - Smokin' Butt Crew
Whistle Stop and Rocket City BBQ (Huntsville, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
Cotton Pickin' BBQ Cookoff (Hartselle, AL) - Jiggy Piggy
Rotary Club 9-1-1 Cookoff (Haleyville, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
Blues, Brews and BBQ (Bessemer, AL) - 2 Men and a Pig

Of those, Hartselle and Bessemer do not show as being State Championships and both are under 50 teams. I'm guessing those would not be qualifiers? American Bass Anglers Tour event had only 23 teams but I believe it was a first year event, correct?

I think that leaves seven contests and bungs for:

Swiggin' Pig (3)
DoRagQ (1)
Big Creek BBQ (1)
Wild Bunch Butt Burners (1)
Smokin' Butt Crew (1)

Anyone from Alabama who competes in these know for sure?

JD McGee
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
We haven't gotten our letter yet...hopefully this week! :o) Last year we only put the team members names on the list that cooked the whole season...when I wanted to add a freind (James Stephens) so he could go to the reception on BBQ Hill with us...we told Judy he was not a regular team member...she said we were the first team that ever told her the truth...lol! I think it cost him 20 bucks...

Slamdunkpro
08-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Here's what it looks like in the Mid Atlantic:

Automatics:
DC - Pork Barrel BBQ
WV - Hambones by the Fire
DE - Black Cat BBQ

MD:
Mt Airy - Bolo Tie BBQ
Salisbury - PA Midnight Smoker
Naptown - 3 Eyz
Landover - Old Dominion Smokehouse
Fredrick - PA Midnight Smoker
Easton - Chix, Swine & Bovine
Belair - Jack's Old South
Cumberland - ### (this weekend)

NJ:
Mt. Holly - Gone Hoggin.com
Wildwood - Fat Angel
Seaside Heights - Fat Angel

NY:
HVRF - ???
Brockport - Good Smoke

PA:
Greenlane - Lo-N-Slo
Chambersburg - PA Midnite Smoker
Harrisburg - Gone Hoggin.com
Raystown - Chix, Swine & Bovine
Glenrock - Lo - N- Slo
Levittown - PA Midnite Smoker
New Holland - ### ( 8/26)

VA:
Bluemont - Deguello BBQ
Louisa - Tarheel Smokers
Chesapeake - Serial Grillers

Slamdunkpro
08-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone know if Chix, Swine & Bovine have qualified with 5?

They have 6 and are cooking Cumberland and New Holland over the next two weeks.

QN
08-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Was taking a look at Alabama. Did I figure this correctly?

Remove DegaQue and Decatur Riverfest because Lotta Bull won the Royal and is an automatic. That leaves:

Sucarnochee BBQ & Blues Cookoff (Livingston, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
American Bass Anglers BBQ Tour (Guntersville, AL) - DoRagQ
Christmas on the River (Demopolis, AL) - Big Creek BBQ
Hog Wild Festival (Mobile, AL) - Wild Bunch Butt Burners
Smoke on the Falls (Gadsden, AL) - Smokin' Butt Crew
Whistle Stop and Rocket City BBQ (Huntsville, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
Cotton Pickin' BBQ Cookoff (Hartselle, AL) - Jiggy Piggy
Rotary Club 9-1-1 Cookoff (Haleyville, AL) - Swiggin' Pig
Blues, Brews and BBQ (Bessemer, AL) - 2 Men and a Pig

Of those, Hartselle and Bessemer do not show as being State Championships and both are under 50 teams. I'm guessing those would not be qualifiers? American Bass Anglers Tour event had only 23 teams but I believe it was a first year event, correct?

I think that leaves seven contests and bungs for:

Swiggin' Pig (3)
DoRagQ (1)
Big Creek BBQ (1)
Wild Bunch Butt Burners (1)
Smokin' Butt Crew (1)

Anyone from Alabama who competes in these know for sure?

I think Hartselle may be a qualifier. It was a first year sanctioned contest this year.

Jeff_in_KC
08-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Sure would like to see Swiggin' Pig win another before the deadline! They have six now!

musicmanryann
08-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Last year we only put the team members names on the list that cooked the whole season...when I wanted to add a freind (James Stephens) so he could go to the reception on BBQ Hill with us...we told Judy he was not a regular team member...she said we were the first team that ever told her the truth...lol! I think it cost him 20 bucks...

This is what we did as well. We had 15 total people come down that weekend and only 8 of us were what I would consider 'regular' team members. We're not called a "Cru" for nothing. lol! I only put four of the 'regular' team members down and the other three I didn't think were coming so I didn't put them on the list. The 7 'vistors' paid when they got there, and the other three team members had to as well, but those three would not have had to had I put them on the list. I am not trying to tell anyone how to subvert the rules, this was just something I learned my first year, that I thought the Brethren may benefit from.

boogiesnap
08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
the truth is worth 20 bucks.

but that is all good information guys. not that it applies to me though. :sad:

Gerrit_Boys
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, we got our paperwork today, patience grasshopper:-D

Jeff_in_KC
08-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Well, we got our paperwork today, patience grasshopper:-D

That's awesome, Trevor! I am rooting for you to make it! :thumb:

Gerrit_Boys
08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
When filling out the team member section of the paperwork, should I include my two boys aged 5 & 1? Also, there is room on there for 6 people including the head cook, I probably will have 8 if I count my boys. One more question, We don't have an RV plan yet, should I guess on size? Thanks everyone!!

allsaucedup
08-17-2011, 05:56 PM
When filling out the team member section of the paperwork, should I include my two boys aged 5 & 1? Also, there is room on there for 6 people including the head cook, I probably will have 8 if I count my boys. One more question, We don't have an RV plan yet, should I guess on size? Thanks everyone!!

Trevor- You should confirm for yourself but I was told that children aren't allowed to go to the dinner on the hill.

Diva Q
08-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Trevor- You should confirm for yourself but I was told that children aren't allowed to go to the dinner on the hill.

Thats absolutely right. When we went last our daughter wasn't allowed up on the hill so we ended up staying back at the site.

Sledneck
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Bbq hill is worth the trip alone

JD McGee
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Somebody pinch me...:becky:

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/228895_263740343637524_100000046816462_1100717_756 099_n.jpg

boogiesnap
08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
^^^^congrats fella! good luck!

Jeff_in_KC
08-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Bbq hill is worth the trip alone

Yes it is! Got to go up on BBQ Hill in 2009 while campaigning. Well, BBQ Hill AND Miss Mary Bobo's for lunch are worth the trip alone! :becky: Guess I better add getting to watch Boondoggle Bob Doing the Lynchburg Crawl across the floor of the camper about 2 AM! Wish I could find that video!

Jeff_in_KC
08-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Thats absolutely right. When we went last our daughter wasn't allowed up on the hill so we ended up staying back at the site.

No babysitters roaming around the site? :laugh:

Alexa RnQ
08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Wish I could find that video!
I would pay GOOD money for that to go up on YouTube. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/shiner.gif

Jeff_in_KC
08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
I would pay GOOD money for that to go up on YouTube. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/shiner.gif

Is that right? :becky: When you say "good" money (and for God's sake even capitalize it!!), is "good money" enough for me to pay an entry fee to a contest somewhere? If so, I just might have to search a little longer for it! Maybe Bob would pay even more for it NOT to appear on YouTube! Bob, what say you? :laugh: We could get in a bidding war here!

Alexa RnQ
08-17-2011, 11:23 PM
...and speaking of entry fees, don't you need to be buying a couple entry fees to someplace warm? Say, about in December?

--oops, wandered off topic. Sowwy. :icon_blush:

Diva Q
08-17-2011, 11:55 PM
No babysitters roaming around the site? :laugh:

darnit no. It was a ghost town when everyone was up on the hill.

This time around we are sending the kids to the Grandparents. :-)

BBQchef33
08-18-2011, 12:15 AM

That was my low point at the jack .. my son, 15 at the time, who competed at EVERY CONTEST with me as a team member, was not allowed to go up on the hill. The rest of the team went, and I stayed behind with him. What was worse is it depended on who was checking at the bus entrance.. the woman checking the bus I was getting on booted us off, yet another family, different bus was allowed to bring their kids, 2 years younger than mine. Guess the luck of the draw extends even once your down there.

BoneDaddy's
08-18-2011, 08:41 AM
They have 6 and are cooking Cumberland and New Holland over the next two weeks.

One more so my buddy can get the Ohio bid....

Mike - CSBBBQ
08-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Is it 5 or 7 GC's to qualify?

Seven is the magic number and we are hoping to somehow get the 7th. As Mike mentioned we are in Cumberland, MD this weekend and instead of New Holland, PA we are going to try Amelia Island, FL (family lives in Jacksonville) the last weekend before the draw. Hoping Mike w/Saucehound gets an auto cause that will mean we somehow pulled it off. Still can't believe even discussing the possibility of a 7th. Good Luck to everyone in the draw :-D

Slamdunkpro
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Seven is the magic number and we are hoping to somehow get the 7th. As Mike mentioned we are in Cumberland, MD this weekend and instead of New Holland, PA we are going to try Amelia Island, FL (family lives in Jacksonville) the last weekend before the draw. Hoping Mike w/Saucehound gets an auto cause that will mean we somehow pulled it off. Still can't believe even discussing the possibility of a 7th. Good Luck to everyone in the draw :-D

I'm rootin' for ya Mike

just not this weekend:becky:

ique
08-18-2011, 09:31 AM

Good Luck Mike!

goodsmokebbq
08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Best of luck!

atvalaska
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
darnit no. It was a ghost town when everyone was up on the hill.

This time around we are sending the kids to the Grandparents. :-)
I'm staying down in "camp" this time myself...to many folks up on the hill ...will do the parade with my "pig w/moose horns teamate" tossing pens an hats to the crowd :bow: ........ ..for something to do/maybe i'll fine a beer or two that ...were not to have in "them parts":becky:.

Vince RnQ
08-18-2011, 02:31 PM

Good luck getting that 7th Qualifier, Mike!

Diva Q
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Best of luck this weekend!!

bam
08-18-2011, 05:46 PM

Go get it mike. :boxing:

Rub
08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Good Smokin Luck Mike!! :wink:

Sledneck
08-18-2011, 07:18 PM
For mike You can do it montage. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Scottie
08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
...and speaking of entry fees, don't you need to be buying a couple entry fees to someplace warm? Say, about in December?

--oops, wandered off topic. Sowwy. :icon_blush:

Hmmmm. I happen to have a free entry for one in AZ (December ) I was going to sell it and donate the cash to my foundation...

JD McGee
08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Add a 5th bung in the barrel for Wine Country "Q"...we won the Evergreen State BBQ Championship yesterday right here in our own back yard of Duvall, WA...:-P

musicmanryann
08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Nice job JD!:clap2:

quarters69
08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
When does the draw take place?? How do we hear the results ???

JD McGee
08-22-2011, 11:35 AM
When does the draw take place?? How do we hear the results ???

September 2nd...you can get the results as they come in right here in the chat room...:thumb:

quarters69
08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
September 2nd...you can get the results as they come in right here in the chat room...:thumb:

Thanks. JD. I will be ready. Any idea what time it takes place??

JD McGee
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks. JD. I will be ready. Any idea what time it takes place??

I think it's 1:00 PM EST...

Brew-B-Q
08-28-2011, 09:57 AM
I just won my first grand yesterday - does someone automatically contact me, or should I do something proactive since the draw is next weekend.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I am actually going to be in TN on Thursday for work and am going to extend a day and go to the draw. Has anyone attended before? Does it move pretty quickly? We have two draws in FL so I thought it would be cool to check out since I will be in the area.

Rub
08-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Here you go Chad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDFZ2fiAWY

Captain Caveman
08-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Caveman Cuisine has 4 bungs in the draw this year...... unfortunately 3 of those are in KS, and 1 in Mo.

Brew-B-Q, I would definitely be proactive in contacting Debbie Christian 931.759.6332 or e-mail Debbie_Christian@jackdaniels.com.

Jeff_in_KC
08-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I am actually going to be in TN on Thursday for work and am going to extend a day and go to the draw. Has anyone attended before? Does it move pretty quickly? We have two draws in FL so I thought it would be cool to check out since I will be in the area.

I was considering driving down. Anyone else in the Missouri/Kansas area available? Split gas 5 or 6 ways? Do they forbid cell phones from the draw room? I recall in the past team draws leaking out early but last year, nothing til the entire list went out.

Jeff_in_KC
08-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I think Hartselle may be a qualifier. It was a first year sanctioned contest this year.

Hey Mark, I notice there is no State Championship designation on the KCBS WEb site for Hartselle so apparently it is not a qualifier this year.

CaptTable
08-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Jeff, I do believe they ask that cell phones not be used to call the draws as there is a verification process after the draw is complete to make sure there were no mistakes and to correct any errors. They will annonuce to those in attendance when the results are finalized.

QN
08-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey Mark, I notice there is no State Championship designation on the KCBS WEb site for Hartselle so apparently it is not a qualifier this year.

Hey Jeff, I think you are probably correct. Jiggy Piggy won it, but they have some other grands in addition to this one. I think they are in the draw for Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. As a side note, this will be the 7th year they have been in the draw and they have not been drawn yet. Hopefully they will get lucky this year.

smknwhlswife
08-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Here you go Chad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDFZ2fiAWY

Still LOVE the END (Wildcard) of that video!!! :becky:

Wishing everyone GOOD LUCK this year!!! We have 2 draws; 1 KS & 1 MO. We had 3 wins but one was not a State Championship. :shocked: :sad:

Slamdunkpro
08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Complete Mid Atlantic list:

Automatics:
DC - Pork Barrel BBQ
WV - Hambones by the Fire
DE - Black Cat BBQ

MD:
Mt Airy - Bolo Tie BBQ
Salisbury - PA Midnight Smoker
Naptown - 3 Eyz
Landover - Old Dominion Smokehouse
Fredrick - PA Midnight Smoker
Easton - Chix, Swine & Bovine
Belair - Jack's Old South
Cumberland - Gooney Creek BBQ

NJ:
Mt. Holly - Gone Hoggin.com
Wildwood - Fat Angel
Seaside Heights - Fat Angel

NY:
HVRF - Mr. Bobo's Traveling All Stars
Brockport - Good Smoke

PA:
Greenlane - Lo-N-Slo
Chambersburg - PA Midnite Smoker
Harrisburg - Gone Hoggin.com
Raystown - Chix, Swine & Bovine
Glenrock - Lo - N- Slo
Levittown - PA Midnite Smoker
New Holland - 4:20 Q

VA:
Bluemont - Deguello BBQ
Louisa - Tarheel Smokers
Chesapeake - Serial Grillers

Good luck to all!

Anyone know if there is a twitter feed like last year?

4 smokin butts
08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
is there a midwest list or a complete US list

BoneDaddy's
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
what order do they draw in...so if someone is in 3 states and they get drawn in the first state are they removed from the next two?

4 smokin butts
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
thats the way we understand it

QN
08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
what order do they draw in...so if someone is in 3 states and they get drawn in the first state are they removed from the next two?

Once a team is drawn their bung is removed from all subsequent draws they were qualified for thus improving the odds for everyone still in.

FamilyManBBQ
08-29-2011, 10:23 AM
I think it's 1:00 PM EST...

Good luck McGees!! Crossing those fingers for you at 10:00 Friday!! :becky:

Slamdunkpro
08-29-2011, 10:45 AM

State order is random.

Brew-B-Q
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Caveman Cuisine has 4 bungs in the draw this year...... unfortunately 3 of those are in KS, and 1 in Mo.

Brew-B-Q, I would definitely be proactive in contacting Debbie Christian 931.759.6332 or e-mail Debbie_Christian@jackdaniels.com.

Thanks! My entry form has been confirmed, so I'm now officially part of this. I'm going to be in Nashville Friday, so I'll have to find a place to toss a few back while waiting for the results.

quarters69
08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
When will the results be posted? Is there a way to here it live?

Scottie
08-29-2011, 12:38 PM
is there a midwest list or a complete US list

Illinois:

Mt Carmel - Florida Skin &Bones
Quincy - 4 Smokin Butts
Libertyville - cancersuckschicago.com
Steeleville - One2 BBQ
Westmont - cancersuckschicago.com
Willowbrook - The Dudes
Alton - Shake n Bake
Benton - Q2NV
Taylorville - Gilly's Barnstormin
Lincoln - One2 BBQ

There were a bunch of contests that were won by auto teams, so they were omitted.

Scottie
08-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks! My entry form has been confirmed, so I'm now officially part of this. I'm going to be in Nashville Friday, so I'll have to find a place to toss a few back while waiting for the results.

Lynchburg is only an hour away. Go and experience the draw!!!!

Good luck Pat. It's an amazing experience.

Brew-B-Q
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Lynchburg is only an hour away. Go and experience the draw!!!!

Good luck Pat. It's an amazing experience.

I'm seriously considering it. We'll be driving in from Asheville in the AM so depending on how things go, I may make the trip.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey Jeff, I think you are probably correct. Jiggy Piggy won it, but they have some other grands in addition to this one. I think they are in the draw for Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. As a side note, this will be the 7th year they have been in the draw and they have not been drawn yet. Hopefully they will get lucky this year.

Oops! Something I hadn't considered... aren't there MBN and possibly FBA contests in Alabama that the GC winners qualify for?

Brew-B-Q
08-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Illinois:

Quincy - 4 Smokin Butts
Steeleville - One2 BBQ
Willowbrook - The Dudes
Alton - Shake n Bake
Benton - Q2NV
Lincoln - One2 BBQ

There were a bunch of contests that were won by auto teams, so they were omitted.

Wisconsin
Fond du Lac – Tippy Canoe
Menonomee Falls – Bringin the Heat
Poor Que – 2 Fat Bikers
Grafton – QU Smokin Krewe
Kenosha – Brew-B-Q

Here's what I show for Wisconsin

Scottie
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Pat, Madison didnt have the state proclamation because it was a Sam's Series...

musicmanryann
08-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Iowa:

All American BBQ Bash '10--TippyCanoe BBQ Crew
BBQ at the Bluffs--Phat Jacks
BBQ in the Junction--Spitfire
O'Town BBQ Showdown--Big T'z Q Cru
State Center Rose Festival--Bubba Q's
Iowa State Championship--Swine Assassins
BBQ'Loo and Blues Too-Grills Gone Wild
BBQ in the Park--Big T'z Q Cru
Up In Smoke BBQ Bash--Big T'z Q Cru
I Got Smoke at Westfair--Iowa Outlaws BBQ
Lincoln Hwy Days--Dry 2 da Bone

QN
08-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Oops! Something I hadn't considered... aren't there MBN and possibly FBA contests in Alabama that the GC winners qualify for?

MBN contests do not qualify for The Jack because they are pork only contests; a contest must include chicken and beef in addition to pork to be a qualifier. The one exception to this is the Memphis in May contest where the GC is an automatic to The Jack; Chris Lilly this year.
Dothan, AL had a FBA contest April 9 this year that the web site says was a qualifier; B & T BBQ Cook Team won it. That is the only FBA event I am aware of for this year in Alabama that may be a qualifier.

Captain Caveman
08-29-2011, 02:30 PM
unoffical. Don't stone me if I left someone out.

MO:
This is How We Que It
big o's
smoke on wheels
y we q
4 smokin butts
4 smokin butts
4 smokin butts
big creek
4 smokin butts
swine assins
pickled pig
pork pullin plowboys
redneck grillers
CAVEMAN CUISINE
b&b
gillys barnstormin
a pigs worst nightmare
worth smokin
moo cow
Florida Skin & Bones
apple market smokers
spicewine
ripple que
Mcfrankenboo bbq
r butts r smokin
mokan meatheads
ribs 4 u
pellet envy
pork barrell bbq
munchin hogs (auto)
big creek
smoke on wheels
Butcher BBQ
Political Pork
redneck grillers

Captain Caveman
08-29-2011, 02:34 PM
KS:
pellet envy
jp custom smoke
Grauers Hog Wash BBQ
Holy Smoke BBQ
Holy Smoke BBQ - Shawnee
Slaughterhouse Five
pellet envy
stu's q
munchin hogs (auto)
Blue Bucket BBQ
Smoke on Wheels
Buffalo's BBQ
High Octane BBQ
border war
hog tide
Grauers Hog Wash BBQ
4 legs up
b&c
Buffalo's BBQ
kc smoke dawgs
munchin hogs (auto)
steer crazy
CAVEMAN CUISINE
pellet envy
CAVEMAN CUISINE
ribs 4 u
butcher bbq
Buffalo's BBQ
bean goat bbq team
truebud
the smoking hills
4 legs up
swine assasins
The Smoking Hills
TrueBud BBQ
Munchin Hog's (Auto)
CAVEMAN CUISINE
JP Custom Smoke

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Complete Mid Atlantic list:

NY:
HVRF - Mr. Bobo's Traveling All Stars
Brockport - Good Smoke

Anyone know if there is a twitter feed like last year?

Forgot Rochester I think
05/28/11
to
05/29/11Roc City Rib Fest (http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=5&id=2493) Rochester, NY
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPContact: Brian Wemett, 44 San Gabriel Drive, Rochester, NY 14610
Phone: 1-888-ROC-BBQ8. info@roccityribfest.com (info@roccityribfest.com)
KCBS Reps: LESLIE LOVELY, DON LOVELY, KEN DAKAI, KATHIE DAKAI Prize Money: $14000.00 CBJ Percentage: 97%Grand Champion: Smokin' Hoggz BBQ
Results In (http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=5&id=2493) Number of Teams: 83 High Score: 658.8570

Fatback Joe
08-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Forgot Rochester I think
05/28/11
to
05/29/11Roc City Rib Fest (http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=5&id=2493) Rochester, NY
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPContact: Brian Wemett, 44 San Gabriel Drive, Rochester, NY 14610
Phone: 1-888-ROC-BBQ8. info@roccityribfest.com (info@roccityribfest.com)
KCBS Reps: LESLIE LOVELY, DON LOVELY, KEN DAKAI, KATHIE DAKAI Prize Money: $14000.00 CBJ Percentage: 97%Grand Champion: Smokin' Hoggz BBQ
Results In (http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=5&id=2493) Number of Teams: 83 High Score: 658.8570

I think they are an auto from their win in New Hampshire.

Slamdunkpro
08-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I think they are an auto from their win in New Hampshire.
Correct

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Missouri (long list! LOL!) Wish the MO and KS draw would be last EVERY year! Left out ones won by Quau, Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton and the Royal (all autos) and a couple that were not qualifiers due to not enough teams or no state championship proclamation (if under 50 teams).

Windsor - This Is How We Que It
Blue Springs - Big O's BBQ
Kearney - Y We Q
Columbia - 4 Smokin Butts (Q'n for a Cause)
Hermann - 4 Smokin Butts
Columbia - 4 Smokin Butts (Roots n Blues n BBQ)
Golden City - Big Creek BBQ
Independence - 4 Smokin Butts
Hallsville - Swine Assassins
North Kansas City - The Pickled Pig
Pleasant Hill - Pork Pullin' Plowboys
Sikeston - Redneck Grillers
Jefferson City - Caveman Cuisine
Washington - B & B BBQ
Hazelwood - A Pig's Worst Nightmare
Sugar Creek - Worth Smokin' BBQ
Belton - Moo Cow
Platte City - Apple Market Smokers
St. Joseph - Florida Skin & Bones
Columbia - Spicewine Ironworks (Elks Lodge)
Monroe City - Rippel Que
Lee's Summit - McFrankenboo BBQ (Smokin on the Summit)
Raytown - R Butts R Smokin
Sedalia - MoKan Meatheads
Seymour - Ribs 4 U
Cameron - Pellet Envy
Lee's Summit - Big Creek BBQ (Racing for the BBQ)
Laurie - Smoke on Wheels
Pacific - Butcher BBQ
Excelsior Springs - Political Pork
Cape Girardeau - Redneck Grillers

smknwhlswife
08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Kansas

Great Bend #1 - Pellet Envy
ArKansas City - Rough Neck BBQ (1st year??)
Great Bend #2 - JP Custom Smoke
Scott City - Grauers Hog Wash BBQ (1st year??)
Park City - Butcher BBQ
Mission - Holy Smokes BBQ
Shawnee - Holy Smokes BBQ
DeSoto - Slaughterhouse Five
Garnett - Pellet Envy
Parsons - Stu's Q BBQ
Osage City - Blue Bucket BBQ
VFW Overland Park - Smoke On Wheels
Arkansas City - Buffalo's BBQ (1st year??)
Lawrence - High Octane BBQ
Valley Center - Hog Tide Bar-b-Que (1st year??)
Lansing - Border War Smokers
Lyons - Grauers Hog Wash BBQ (1st year??)
GAB Overland Park - B&C Smokers
Abilene - 4 Legs Up
Topeka - Buffalo's BBQ
McLouth - KC Smoke Dawgs
Fredonia - Caveman Cuisine
Tonganoxie - Steer Crazy BBQ
Lenexa - Pellet Envy
Girard - Caveman Cuisine
Yates Center - Ribs 4 U
Hays - Bean Goat BBQ Team
Burlington - Buffalo's BBQ
Anthony - Butcher BBQ
Great Mall Olathe - TRUEBUD BBQ
Iola - The Smoking Hills
Dodge City - 4 LEGS UP
Wheels N Squeels Olathe - Swine Assassins
Emporia - The Smoking Hills
Smoke-off Arkansas City - Caveman Cusine
Bonner Springs - TrueBud BBQ
McPherson - JP Custom Smoke

smknwhlswife
08-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Missouri (long list! LOL!) Wish the MO and KS draw would be last EVERY year! Left out ones won by Quau, Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton and the Royal (all autos) and a couple that were not qualifiers due to not enough teams or no state championship proclamation (if under 50 teams).

You can take out Pork Barrel BBQ - Auto from DC contest.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
You can take out Pork Barrel BBQ - Auto from DC contest.

Done! Thanks for the heads-up! And for improving odds! :becky: Also, I JUST finished up the Kansas list and came to post it... and saw your's! Thanks! :doh:

JD McGee
08-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Washington State

Wine Country "Q"...(5)
Canadian Festival of Chili & BBQ
McKinley Springs BBQ Showdown
Cascade Country Cookoff
Canadian National BBQ Championship
Evergreen State BBQ Championship
Dances With Smoke...(1)
Sky Valley BBQ Championship
Smokin' Ty's BBQ...(1)
Cheney Jubilee BBQ Championship
Home On The Range...(1)
Thunder Mountain BBQ Championship
Smoke A Fat One...(1)
Skewered Apple BBQ Championship (2010)

repoman
08-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Illinois:

Quincy - 4 Smokin Butts
Steeleville - One2 BBQ
Willowbrook - The Dudes
Alton - Shake n Bake
Benton - Q2NV
Lincoln - One2 BBQ

IL
Sam's Evergreen Park - Able Acres BBQ (IL has blanket proclamation)
Lincoln - Able Acres BBQ

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Tennessee -

Nashville - Swiggin' Pig
McMinnville - The Long Dawgs
Clarksville - Hickory Pit Stop BBQ
Memphis - Swiggin' Pig
Lewisburg ('11) - High on the Hawg
Sevierville - Smoky Mountain Smokers
Winchester - Jiggy Piggy
Lewisburg ('10) - Swiggin' Pig
Cookeville - Algood Bar-B-Que Pit
College Grove - Swiggin' Pig

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Arkansas -

Pine Bluff - KC Can Crew
Fayetteville - Barry & Erica
Wynne - Redneck Grillers

Harrison and Springdale were won by an auto (Munchin' Hogs @ the Hilton)

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Oklahoma -

Ponca City - Kosmo's Q
Tulsa - Jon Russell's
Stillwater - Buffalos BBQ
Enid - Little Pig Town
Bixby - Buffalos BBQ
Claremore - Little Pig Town
Langley - Little Pig Town
Edmond - Butcher BBQ
Sallisaw - Rib Crib Pigmen
Tecumseh - Butcher BBQ
Ada - Wildcatters Q Crew

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
South Dakota -

Vermillion - Team Enoserv
Huron - Gerritt Boys

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:02 PM
I guess I'm bored... continuing on. LOL!

Nebraska -

Omaha - Tippy Canoe
North Platte - Burnin Bob's Butts and Bones
Omaha - Phat Jacks
Pender - Parrothead Smokers
Bellevue - Hot Grill on Grill Action
Weeping Water - Parrothead Smokers

Smokin' Joe
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
This is great thanks for doing it!

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Minnesota -

Marshall - Swine Assassins
Fairbault - Two Little Pigs
Owatonna - Big T'z Q Cru
Shakopee - Grills Gone Wild
Sauk Rapids - Shiggin and Grinnin
Rochester - Swine Assassins
Marshall - Shiggin and Grinnin
Albert Lea - The Smoking Hills

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:08 PM
This is great thanks for doing it!

Let's see... unemployed, so look for a job or post teams in the Jack draw? :laugh:

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Indiana -

Greenfield - Shigs in Pit
Liberty - Fowl Butt BBQ
Jeffersonville - Warren County Pork Choppers
Franklin - ZZ-Que
New Palestine - Squealers Award Winning BBQ
Jasper - Able Acres
Madison - Buttrub.com

Terre Haute only had 18 teams - first year? It was Able Acres.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Ohio -

Nelsonville - Chix, Swine and Bovine
Marietta - Saucehound
Kettering - Chix, Swine and Bovine

Did Mike get his 7th for an auto? Did not see if he did.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Kentucky -

Owensboro - Bourbon Barrel BBQ
Springfield - The Long Dawgs
Munfordville - Warren County Pork Choppers
Benton - Son Seekers BBQ Team
Lebanon - Bourbon Barrel BBQ

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Michigan -

Mears - Extreme Roasters
Sparta - Spruce Ridge Smokers
Auburn Hills - Motley Que Crew
Kingsford - Fowl Butt BBQ
Grand Rapids - CancerSucksChicago.com
Monroe - Bavarian Smoke BBQ

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Mississippi -

Corinth - Kinney Kountry Kookers
Madison - Blazen BBQ
Ashland - Bar-B-Q 101
Hernando - Bar-B-Q 101
Fulton - Jiggy Piggy

Ashland, Benton County Fair (River City Rub), Pelahatchie (Que'n Stew'n and Brew'n), and Brandon (Pop's Blazin' Smokers) all had less than 25 teams but at least 15 and were State Championships. First year on any of these?

Scottie
08-29-2011, 04:44 PM
IL
Sam's Evergreen Park - Able Acres BBQ (IL has blanket proclamation)
Lincoln - Able Acres BBQ

My bad on Lincoln Gary. Cant read my own notes. I am not sure if the blankey covers the Sams? Thats what i was told at least. Hopefully it does for you guys.

Jeff_in_KC
Colorado -

Parker - Burnin' Bob's Butta and Bones
Grand Junction - 4 Legs Up
Florence - Backdraft BBQ
Loveland - The Smoking Hills (a Sam's Club Series event with a State proclamation??)
Lamar - Flyboy BBQ
Canon City - 4 Legs Up
Pueblo - Burnin' Bob's Butts and Bones
Frisco - Smokin' Triggers
Castle Rock - Flyboy BBQ
Loveland - Florida Skin and Bones
Dillon - Smoke N the Rockies
Craig - Flyboy BBQ

Slamdunkpro
Did Mike get his 7th for an auto? Did not see if he did.
No :(

Scottie
08-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Michigan -

Mears - Extreme Roasters
Sparta - Spruce Ridge Smokers
Armada - Extreme Roasters
Traverse City - Steel Smokin BBQ
Mt Morris - Spruce Ridge Smokers
Auburn Hills - Motley Que Crew
Kingsford - Fowl Butt BBQ
Grand Rapids - CancerSucksChicago.com
Monroe - Bavarian Smoke BBQ

Not that im counting... but i think a few of these did not have enough for a qualifier. And one is a Sams contest...

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Wyoming -

Laramie - Burnin' Bob's Butts and Bones
Gillette - Ponderosa BBQ (first year contest)
Worland - Burnin' Bob's Butts and Bones

Bet Big Mo is hoping Burnin' Bob gets drawn from Colorado! LOL!

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Not that im counting... but i think a few of these did not have enough for a qualifier. And one is a Sams contest...

Thanks! Missed that but corrected. Armada only had 12 and Mt Morris I know is not a first year - they had 24.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Idaho -

Boise - Rhythm N' Q (first year contest)

R N' Q is thus an automatic... or are there any PNWBA events that qualify in Idaho?

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Utah -

Heber City - R & R BBQ (17 teams - was this a first year contest)
Salt Lake City - R & R BBQ

Appears R & R is an automatic, correct?

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Nevada -

Mesquite - Smoked to the Bone
Boulder City - The Smokin' B.A.R.

The Cates production was won by Munchin' Hogs (an automatic).

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
There ya go, Mr. Keck! That's about all I can figure!

No Qualifying Contests:

North Dakota
Montana
Hawaii
Alaska

I don't know about Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and maybe California due to the IBCA factor or Oregon (someone already posted Washington) due to the PNWBA. Not sure about how far the NEBS and FBA events go so didn't try to figure out the southeast or New England. I'll leave those to someone from those areas.

Ron_L
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Would it help if all of these were in one post? If it's beneficial I can work on compiling them later.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Would it help if all of these were in one post? If it's beneficial I can work on compiling them later.

Maybe... I thought about that but if someone wanted to reference one state in a reply by quoting, they'd have to delete all the other states... or just mention the state in question and continue. There's posts with states listed by other folks to add too. Maybe one compiled list would be good then you could make any edits anyone replies about. :thumb: Thanks Ron.

gmholler
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
No Qualifying Contests:
Hawaii

Sorry, but the Jack folks decided that the HI contest (IBCA sanctioned) this year with 11 teams WAS a qualifier. And I posted the GCs from Louisiana a few pages back.

Lynn H.