Brockport: Good Smoke
Lake Placid: Cancer Sucks
Williepalooza: BBQ Brethren

Lakeside Smoker
08-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Hahaha!

ique
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Mike, your team will not be in the Maine draw and the Hoggz will not be in the Mass draw due to automatics

New England:

Massachusetts:
Harvard - Mighty Swine Dining
Lexington - Fatback Joe
Cape Cod - Smokin' Hoggz

New Hampshire:
Merrimack - Smokin' Hoggz

Vermont:
Harpoon - Lakeside Smokers

Maine:
Old Orchard Beach - Feeding Friendz
Fryeburg - Lo' N' Slow
Eliot - Lakeside Smokers

Connecticut:
Norwalk - I Smell Smoke!!!

Rhode Island:
No comps!!!

I think that's it.

-Mike

QN
08-29-2011, 05:35 PM
How about the great state of Georgia? They have both FBA and KCBS events.
I think they have ~15 KCBS events that are qualifiers and ~4 FBA.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Sorry, but the Jack folks decided that the HI contest (IBCA sanctioned) this year with 11 teams WAS a qualifier. And I posted the GCs from Louisiana a few pages back.

Lynn H.

Why are you "sorry"? I already stated I know nothing of IBCA comps and if the Hawaii comp was a qualifier from IBCA, great.

Alexa RnQ
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Idaho -

Boise - Rhythm N' Q (first year contest)

R N' Q is thus an automatic... or are there any PNWBA events that qualify in Idaho?

Essentially correct -- Boise was not a first year contest, but it was the only contest in the state, as the Post Falls contest had announced its cancellation just a couple of days before, rendering the Boise contest an automatic. Our other wins will therefore be removed from their respective states.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Actually, I believe there is a qualifying contest in Alaska too isn't there? Bear Naked was coming to the Royal so maybe there's something in Alaska but the KCBS site doesn't have it.

With some of you guys adding the northeast, I think all we're missing are Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.

Rub
08-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Here's what I sent to Debbie on behalf of the FBA. Sorry about the formatting, it's city, state, number of teams, GC Team.

City ST # of Teams Team Name
Lake City FL 29 Wooley Bully BBQ Mafia
Grant FL 44 Uncle Kenny's BBQ
Sebring FL 30 Big Papa's Country Kitchen
Mulberry FL 25 Swamp Boys
Newnan GA 41 Swamp Boys
Bartow FL 46 Whiskey Bent BBQ
Perry FL 47 Uncle Kenny's BBQ
Perry FL 28 GB's BBQ
Okeechobee FL 31 Forrest's Fine Foods
Okeechobee FL 38 Bub-Ba-Q
Winter Haven FL 52 The Woodhouse Grill
Starke FL 44 Suwannee River Smokers
Tallahassee FL 39 Jacks Old South
Haines City FL 41 Git-R-Smoked
Clermont FL 30 Unknown BBQ
Palm Beach Gardens FL 40 Divine Swine BBQ Team
Tavares FL 30 Hot Wachula's
Thomaston FL 48 Wooley Bully BBQ Mafia
Dothan AL 35 B & T BBQ Cook Team
Marianna FL 17 (first year contest) Big Kahuna BBQ
Venice FL 47 Whiskey Bent BBQ
Barnesville GA 48 Barbeque Crew
Ocala FL 30 Git-R-Smoked
Hobe Sound FL 32 Unknown BBQ
Live Oak FL 48 Big Papa's Country Kitchen

gmholler
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Why are you "sorry"? I already stated I know nothing of IBCA comps and if the Hawaii comp was a qualifier from IBCA, great.

Because it all looked so neat and orderly, and HI was in the middle of your list - a pain if you're editing.

Lynn H.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Because it all looked so neat and orderly, and HI was in the middle of your list - a pain if you're editing.

Lynn H.

Oh ok. Just wondering. :becky:

Coz
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Question did any one ever figure out if the Sams contests were to be counted for the Jack or the Royal even if there were Proclamations as they were not open to every one to enter ?

quarters69
08-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Kentucky -

Owensboro - Bourbon Barrell BBQ
Springfield - The Long Dawgs
Munfordville - Warren County Pork Choppers
Benton - Son Seekers BBQ Team
Louisville - Moonswiners
Lebanon - Bourbon Barrell BBQ

Louisville was not a state qualifier.

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up! You're right - does not list it as a "state championship" although it would have been regardless if it would have had two more teams. That stinks!

quarters69
08-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up! You're right - does not list it as a "state championship" although it would have been regardless if it would have had two more teams. That stinks!

Yes it does, there were 50 teams registered but 2 didnt show up.

INmitch
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Not that im counting... but i think a few of these did not have enough for a qualifier. And one is a Sams contest...
Don't know about Armada?? Troys got one.
Traverse City? Did they get a proclamation? I don't think so.
Mt Morris.:tsk: Brian took one in the bunger!! And took it well!! A team even split to get it to 25. Then after awards was told only 24.:evil:

INmitch
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Question did any one ever figure out if the Sams contests were to be counted for the Jack or the Royal even if there were Proclamations as they were not open to every one to enter ?
As far as I know the locals could have been. But none got a proclamation. (I could be wrong. Just what I heard) Regionals were considered invatationals.

INmitch
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Ya no punn intended (In the Bunger that is) but Podge took one here!!!

Jeff_in_KC
08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
As far as I know the locals could have been. But none got a proclamation. (I could be wrong. Just what I heard) Regionals were considered invatationals.

I noticed that Loveland, Colorado was showing as a State Championship, unless that's a mistake.

Crash
08-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry, but the Jack folks decided that the HI contest (IBCA sanctioned) this year with 11 teams WAS a qualifier.
Lynn H.
That contest is a sore subject for some of us. We decided to not cook it since it didnt have the 15 teams required. Didnt want to pay big bucks to float our gear over to another island for a non-Jack qualifier.

Dude that won it nailed all four categories so they deserve the draw. Best of luck to Up In Smoke out of Hilo, Hawaii. Wishing Chris and his team the most sincerest of luck in Lynchburg.

QN
08-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Weren't some of the local Sam's contests covered by blanket proclamations that some states have?

Coz
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM

There was some discusion at one point that since non KCBS members couldnt enter would the contests be eligible. Just wondering if any one ever found out for sure ?

Vince RnQ
08-30-2011, 07:59 PM
The interesting thing about trying to figure out the odds of winning a state draw is that the entire process is dependent upon who actually filled out and returned their Draw Entry Form (on time) in the first place.

Just one more thing to mull over as we await the results on Friday!

CHill
08-30-2011, 08:18 PM
I noticed that Loveland, Colorado was showing as a State Championship, unless that's a mistake.

My understanding was that Loveland was one of two Sam's Club's locals that were under a blanket proclamation, so they counted. I don't remember where the other one was.

I could be wrong, but I sure hope not! :) They haven't sent us anything back saying it didn't count!

ique
08-30-2011, 08:35 PM
The interesting thing about trying to figure out the odds of winning a state draw is that the entire process is dependent upon who actually filled out and returned their Draw Entry Form (on time) in the first place.

Just one more thing to mull over as we await the results on Friday!

An interesting part of the draw is the order the states are drawn, can make a significant difference in who gets in

Podge
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM

yeah, it stinks, but it is what it is, and I can't let that bother me. Just goes to show you, no matter how much you commit to paying for an entry fee, or how much prize money there is, somebody ain't going to show up in a contest that size.

4 smokin butts
08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
From what we were told,SAMs evergreen park in il counted, Illinois has a blanket proc.

Jeff_in_KC
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
An interesting part of the draw is the order the states are drawn, can make a significant difference in who gets in

Very true, Chris! I'm "watching" with interest the Tennessee draw and a few others as they could help us out significantly if done before Alabama. And any that reduce the numbers in Missouri, I'm all about those draws! :becky: Wish Missouri could go last every year. :heh:

Spruce-Ridge-Smokers
08-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Don't know about Armada?? Troys got one.
Traverse City? Did they get a proclamation? I don't think so.
Mt Morris.:tsk: Brian took one in the bunger!! And took it well!! A team even split to get it to 25. Then after awards was told only 24.:evil:

No worries my friend Jan; with the check we walked away with at Mt. Morris, I could care less about another bung! :becky:

Best of luck to all the Bungers.

Brian

quarters69
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Will the jack daniels people post the results of the draw? Or will somebody post it on here?

Sledneck
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
What day is the draw?

4 smokin butts
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
friday 1:00

Slamdunkpro
08-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Last year they posted it on Facebook about 2:30pm

INmitch
08-31-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah, it stinks, but it is what it is, and I can't let that bother me. Just goes to show you, no matter how much you commit to paying for an entry fee, or how much prize money there is, somebody ain't going to show up in a contest that size.
Podge that was still one hell of a comp to win!!! You still got it!:thumb:

Jeff_in_KC
08-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Hopefully we'll get some early reports here. Spending Friday afternoon hitting "refresh" on the browser is how I always like to spend the first Friday in September. As long as I have a bottle of Gentleman close by.

4 smokin butts
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
i would like to propose a toast to the jack draw at 1:00pm on friday,with gentelman jack of coarse,were all in this together,so lets have some fun,and everyone disclose where you are at at 1:00....4 smokin butts will be with ripple que in the middle of table rock lake dennis

Stoneman
08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Utah -

Heber City - R & R BBQ (17 teams - was this a first year contest)
Salt Lake City - R & R BBQ

Appears R & R is an automatic, correct?

Not correct there was a non KCBS contest that had 15 in it. There was also a IBCA contest in Hurricane, UT that R&R won so they have a 3 out of 4 chance to make it in.

Jeff_in_KC
08-31-2011, 11:06 PM
Not correct there was a non KCBS contest that had 15 in it. There was also a IBCA contest in Hurricane, UT that R&R won so they have a 3 out of 4 chance to make it in.

Non-KCBS? PNWBA? IBCA? Just any contest with 15 isn't a qualifier as far as I know.

JD McGee
08-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Non-KCBS? PNWBA? IBCA? Just any contest with 15 isn't a qualifier as far as I know.

Unless it is a first year...then 15 teams is enough...:thumb:

Vince RnQ
09-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Absolutely right, Chris. There are so many variables in the process.

Vince RnQ
09-01-2011, 01:55 AM

All contests that cook Chicken, Pork & Beef and have a proclamation can be considered qualifiers with the right number of teams, 15 for 1st year or only contest in a state and 25 for 2nd year + contests. If there are 50 or more teams, no proclamation is needed.

Sanctioning is not a requirement for a contest to be a Jack Qualifier.

Rub
09-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Unless it is a first year...then 15 teams is enough...:thumb:
Don't forget the needed the proclamation.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
09-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Ya no punn intended (In the Bunger that is) but Podge took one here!!!

Yeah that sucks. I couldn't believe that wasn't a qualifier.

JD McGee
09-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't forget the needed the proclamation.

Yes indeed!

Sledneck
09-01-2011, 09:40 AM
NEBS Region

Mass

Harvard '10: Mighty Swine Dining
Lexington '11: Fatback Joe

NH

Merrimack: Smokin Hoggz

VT

Harpoon: Lakeside

Maine

Old Orchard Beach: Feeding Friendz
Fryburg: Lo N Slo

CT

Norwalk '10: I Smell Smoke

RI

None

NY

HVRF: Mr. Bobo's Traveling All Stars
Brockport: Good Smoke
Lake Placid: Cancer Sucks
Williepalooza: BBQ Brethren

NY has one more- blazin butts from that tanger deal last September

Podge
09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah that sucks. I couldn't believe that wasn't a qualifier.

It's ok, but being there twice and using all my luck the first time, I can't ask for more. You all have a 2:5 shot, which is great !.. So, I'd put money on you all to get in.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM
It's ok, but being there twice and using all my luck the first time, I can't ask for more. You all have a 2:5 shot, which is great !.. So, I'd put money on you all to get in.

Well we hope you are right.

ique
09-01-2011, 11:59 AM
NY has one more- blazin butts from that tanger deal last September

Was that one of those shake and bake contests?

Scottie
09-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Crap.... there go my odds...

Sledneck
09-01-2011, 01:06 PM

No idea, I wasn't there..........

Sledneck
09-01-2011, 01:07 PM
What happens if a team gets a draw and doesnt go?

Crash
09-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Other teams that could have gotten that draw get pissed!

ique
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM

If you agree to participate in the draw and then back out after being selected you are blacklisted from future jacks

pigmaker23
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
you got it :-P

Jeff_in_KC
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, 24 hours from now, we will all know. I'm trying to occupy my mind with many other things right now. :becky:

Jeff_in_KC
09-01-2011, 04:46 PM
If you agree to participate in the draw and then back out after being selected you are blacklisted from future jacks

I wonder how many of the teams that qualified actually turned in their paperwork to participate in the draw. It would be interesting to know. I think I'll ask them next week after this is all over. I bet it's MUCH higher than those who actually vote for the KCBS BOD! :laugh:

Alexa RnQ
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Well, 24 hours from now, we will all know. I'm trying to occupy my mind with many other things right now. :becky:
I honestly have a harder time waiting for the Jack draw every year than Christmas!

Kevin_Texas
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Is the draw live anyware on the internet?

Jeff_in_KC
09-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Is the draw live anyware on the internet?

Hopefully next year but not this year. We can always hope for the following year.

JD McGee
09-01-2011, 07:12 PM

I plan to occupy my mind with a few shots of Single Barrel...this is farkin' nuts! :cool:

I honestly have a harder time waiting for the Jack draw every year than Christmas!

Ditto...:becky:

Butcher BBQ
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a live chat here?

worthsmokin
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
If somebody goes to watch it live. They should post on their Facebook page the results of the drawing.

It would be a good way to get alot of friends...

JD McGee
09-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a live chat here?

David...the chat room was open last year...we were getting up to date info from someone...pretty cool getting reactions from folks as they found out. Good luck to you! :thumb:

indianagriller
09-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I believe some one from Whiskey Bent BBQ is supposed to be at the Drawing tomorrow... hopefully his cell reception will be strong enough to post results.

Ponderosa BBQ
09-02-2011, 04:27 AM
I know I have a slim to none chance of getting my name called but just curious do they pull to see what order the states will be drawn first to last and then start pulling names? I'll be in transition to a BBQ contest in Oklahoma when they start at 1:00pm

quarters69
09-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Good luck everybody that is in the draw. Especially our good friends at Bourbon Barrel BBQ

Rich Parker
09-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Good luck brethren!

Crash
09-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Best of luck to all.....hope you get your bung drawn.

Ron_L
09-02-2011, 06:05 AM
Good luck to all of the Brethren teams!

The chat room is the place to be at 1pm central today!

Muzzlebrake
09-02-2011, 08:08 AM
good luck everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USFEZ_aMw74

Muzzlebrake
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM
or better yet,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLq4C-GPnQ

Scottie
09-02-2011, 08:30 AM
I know I have a slim to none chance of getting my name called but just curious do they pull to see what order the states will be drawn first to last and then start pulling names? I'll be in transition to a BBQ contest in Oklahoma when they start at 1:00pm

Id take 1 out of 3 odds. Good luck bro

Jeff_in_KC
09-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Hey Mo, safe travels! The actually draw a state name then do the drawing for that. I believe the video they posted on YouTube from last year's draw showed them letting people in attendance draw state names before one of the Jack guys drew the winning team for that state.

ique
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Anyone heard any results yet :wink:

Best internet bbq day of the year :)

Bonkers789
09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Everyone good luck in the Draw today

Jorge
09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
9:22 Blessing & Gentleman Jack Shot - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni09sL0xAdc)

JD McGee
09-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Good luck all...

Vince RnQ
09-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Anyone heard any results yet :wink:

Best internet bbq day of the year :)

You're a bad man, Mr. Hart!

Fat Angel
09-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Good Luck to everyone in the draw!!! We think we are in as NJ State rep, but not cracking open the bottle of Jack until we see our name on the list!!!!

Minutes feel like hours!!!

quarters69
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm not even in the draw and I'm nervous as hell.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Good Luck to everyone in the draw!!! We think we are in as NJ State rep, but not cracking open the bottle of Jack until we see our name on the list!!!!

Minutes feel like hours!!!

Steve- sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you in NH. Good luck today and in TN :-P

JD McGee
09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
It is very hard to focus at work this morning...I wonder why?

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
forgive me if this has already been answered but where & when will the results be posted?

Maddog's
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Hang in there JD. You can hold your breath a wee bit more. You've had a very, very impressive year. We're rootin' for ya!

Ron_L
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
forgive me if this has already been answered but where & when will the results be posted?

The official results will be posted on the Jack site as soon a they have verified them. unofficial results will be coming out in our chatroom as soon as we get them :)

Kit R
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
A little anxious over here, but seeing as how a month ago we had exactly zero skin in the game I'm keeping expectations low. As I said over on my FB page, regardless of the outcome today we've had a hell of a run in our second year of competititon and we can only hope to have as good a year in 2012.

Bonkers789
09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
so where exactly are they going to post results at

Nevermind didnt read all the way down the page

Scottie
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Good luck to all of the Brethren teams!

The chat room is the place to be at 1pm central today!

Ron, can we get in the chatroom from a handheld? My firm is closing early now and I'll be on the train.

BTW new coffee today. wish i had made it for my 48 oz coffee cup...

Big Ugly's BBQ
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
POS 'puter wont let me in the chat room, any other places to get into???

Bonkers789
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
make sure you have Java enabled i had to enable ours for it to work

nthole
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
David...the chat room was open last year...we were getting up to date info from someone...pretty cool getting reactions from folks as they found out. Good luck to you! :thumb:

WE HAVE A CHAT ROOM?!?!?!?! :shock:

Jeff_in_KC
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
A little over an hour to go! I killed some time by pounding coffee and compiling the attached list of teams with a chance from each state. The IBCA and PNWBA stuff may not be thorough as I am not completely familiar with those pages. I also removed teams who had multiple bungs in any one state, just to show WHO is in each draw. Maybe a waste of time but it kept me occupied. :laugh:

Now that it's done, I'm so nervous that a team of wild horses couldn't pull a greased string outta my arse! :shocked:

Rub
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Good stuff, thanks Jeff.

Bonkers789
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Forgot me in Texas
Bonkers BBQ
Thank You for compiling the list

Ron_L
09-02-2011, 12:01 PM
A little over an hour to go! I killed some time by pounding coffee and compiling the attached list of teams with a chance from each state. The IBCA and PNWBA stuff may not be thorough as I am not completely familiar with those pages. I also removed teams who had multiple bungs in any one state, just to show WHO is in each draw. Maybe a waste of time but it kept me occupied. :laugh:

I started that a few days ago but got bored and never finished it :-D

I'm so nervous that a team of wild horses couldn't pull a greased string outta my arse!

I really didn't need that mental image!

http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagethumb/Mental-Floss-T-Shirt-(1126).jpg

Podge
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
What is always frustrating, is that the draw starts at 1:00 (CST), and it's about 5:00 before we know of the majority of teams that are in it. If I'm not mistaken, it takes 45 minutes to do the draw to begin with. I can't understand why JD won't let someone there make the posts on whatever forum, as the draw happens. We have simple technology to do that, why not use it, or even get a bit more tech-savy and steam it live via webcam? Either way, it's easy to let the teams know as it happens.

Jorge
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Ron, can we get in the chatroom from a handheld? My firm is closing early now and I'll be on the train.

BTW new coffee today. wish i had made it for my 48 oz coffee cup...

I'll be driving, but perhaps another member that's in there could paste the info to this thread for those that can't get in to chat.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
What is the link to the chat room?

ique
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
What is always frustrating, is that the draw starts at 1:00 (CST), and it's about 5:00 before we know of the majority of teams that are in it. If I'm not mistaken, it takes 45 minutes to do the draw to begin with. I can't understand why JD won't let someone there make the posts on whatever forum, as the draw happens. We have simple technology to do that, why not use it, or even get a bit more tech-savy and steam it live via webcam? Either way, it's easy to let the teams know as it happens.

They want to review the results before informing everyone. Would suck to hear you are in only find out later it was a mistake.

Bonkers789
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll be driving, but perhaps another member that's in there could paste the info to this thread for those that can't get in to chat.
If need be i can Post in hear yall let me know simple copy and Paste

rweller
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Jeff or anyone that knows. I got a question. I looked at the list of teams by state. My questions is, does the Sam's Club events count? I know Iowa Smokey D's won a sams club event in Arizona and then won the regional in Nevada but I didn't see them listed.

Jorge
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Jeff or anyone that knows. I got a question. I looked at the list of teams by state. My questions is, does the Sam's Club events count? I know Iowa Smokey D's won a sams club event in Arizona and then won the regional in Nevada but I didn't see them listed.

at least in general, no. Regional are considered invitationals, since they aren't OPEN. Most locals didn't have proclamations.

Rub
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
OMG did you guys hear they pushed the Draw up to 12 CST and it's already started?!?

No? Me either.

:pound::butt::pound:

Jeff_in_KC
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
OMG did you guys hear they pushed the Draw up to 12 CST and it's already started?!?

No? Me either.

:pound::butt::pound:

That reminds me of 2007 when Tana was still running the Jack... I posted on "another forum" using her name as my name and the subject was "2007 Jack Daniel's World Championship BBQ Teams". When you clicked on it, I just said "Psych!!!". Man, did I EVER get blasted for that! Someone figured out where the IP came from and posted it. Someone else knew I worked there and in less than five minutes, I was busted! :laugh:

ique
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/addonchat.php

Podge
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
They want to review the results before informing everyone. Would suck to hear you are in only find out later it was a mistake.

If there are any mistakes to be clarified, it should be clarified before hand. Not trying to argue with you, I just think by the time the draw happens, things should be in order, and let luck just runs its course.

Rub
09-02-2011, 12:37 PM
That reminds me of 2007 when Tana was still running the Jack... I posted on "another forum" using her name as my name and the subject was "2007 Jack Daniel's World Championship BBQ Teams". When you clicked on it, I just said "Psych!!!". Man, did I EVER get blasted for that! Someone figured out where the IP came from and posted it. Someone else knew I worked there and in less than five minutes, I was busted! :laugh:

It never gets old.

BTW, I was just in contact with our inside man at the draw. So far he still has his phone and txt abilities.:pray:

Jorge
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
It never gets old.

BTW, I was just in contact with our inside man at the draw. So far he still has his phone and txt abilities.:pray:

Hope he has Verizon. My ATT signal was flaky at the visitors center in Oct.

Rub
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Not sure who he has but we've been texting fine.

quarters69
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Rub, are going to post the results here for us?

Rub
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Phil has them set up to be posted real time here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115280

Jeff_in_KC
09-02-2011, 01:11 PM
So what's everyone up to today? Thinking about going out and mowing the yard in a few minutes.

Mrs. McFrankenboo
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
So what's everyone up to today? Thinking about going out and mowing the yard in a few minutes.

I'm guessing you'll be missing a few spots since you'll be driving with either your laptop or your phone! :laugh: Good luck everyone!!

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately for me and Louisiana, I will be watching it rain this weekend. 80% today, 100% tomorrow, 100% Sunday, 80% Monday. Kinda ruins my practice cook for a comps the next two weekends after this one.

atvalaska
09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
The drawing of teams for the 23rd Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue took place today. The prestigious event affectionately known as “The Jack,” annually receives more than 25,000 visitors from across the globe competing in seven categories – Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder/Butts, Beef Brisket, Chicken, Dessert, Cook’s Choice and Jack Daniel’s Sauce – for the coveted title of Grand Champion.
The competition itself is like none other in the world, with its suspense-filled “by invitation only” process concluding with the following participants being drawn:
The Draw:
Big Creek BBQ
Redneck Grillers
Sweet Peppers
Master of Disaster
Flyboy BBQ
Big Papa's Country Kitchen
Barbeque Crew
Tippy Canoe BBQ Crew
Team Dude
Squealers Award Winning Barbeque
Buffalo's BBQ
The Long Dawgs
Bigbear BBQ
Fatback Joe's BBQ
Jacks Old South
Feeding Friendz
Motley Que Crew
Lucky's Q
4 Smokin' Butts
Kinney's Kountry Kookers
Two Old Men and a Grill
Hot Grill on Grill Action
Fat Angel BBQ
Mr. BoBos Traveling BBQ All Stars!
Saucehound BBQ
Butcher BBQ
Smokey's Bar-B-Que
Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
Fat Backs BBQ and Rib Shack
PigDawg
Swiggin' Pig
The Drunken Brisket
R and R BBQ Team
DegŁello BBQ
Wine Country "Q"
Brew-B-Q
Burnin Bob's Butts N Bones
Wild Bunch Butt Burners
Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
Whiskey Ranch BBQ
GoneHoggin.com
Smoke On Wheels
Warren County Pork Choppers
Shiggin & Grinnin
Spitfire
2 Worthless Nuts
Fat Dad's Barbeque
PA Midnite Smokers
B. S. Pitmeisters
Gerrit Boys Barbeque
2 fat bikers bbq
Here Piggy Piggy BBQ
Automatic Qualifiers:
QUAU
Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q
Texas Pepper Jelly
Lotta Bull BBQ
IQUE
Southern Exposure
Munchin Hog’s @ the Hilton
Squeal-On-U-BBQ
Up in Smoke
I Smell Smoke!!!
Black Cat BBQ
Rhythm ‘n QUE
Pork Barrel BBQ
Piggy D’s BBQ
Smokin’ Hoggz BBQ
Smoked To The Bone
Mad Dawgz BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
Hambones by the Fire

sasa44
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
So what's next for these awesome teams? I mean, will the Jack send out official letters / packages to the teams? We were an automatic invite and its our first visit. Just looking for some insight from teams that have attended in the past.

Mad Dawgz BBQ

Podge
09-03-2011, 03:39 AM
So what's next for these awesome teams? I mean, will the Jack send out official letters / packages to the teams? We were an automatic invite and its our first visit. Just looking for some insight from teams that have attended in the past.

Mad Dawgz BBQ

you'll get an info packet shortly, "congrats" letter, porta-pot order form, etc.

ALX
09-03-2011, 12:54 PM

Mad Dawgz BBQ

Also make sure you list all team members attending as you will receive a pass that is worn around neck when you register at comp and receive your goodie bag...This form to list team members will be in your info packet( you list team members and submit well before comp)...I wasnt sure i could make it with my other 2 teammates last year and had the pass to cook with team printed at competition...NOT SURE they are doing that this year....technicaly... i believe... i would not have been able to handle meat,smoker without pass...

We received our packet 2 weeks ago,but that may have more to do with competing last year and having an auto this year...

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/69alex/pequinandjack010.jpg

Sledneck
09-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Other teams that could have gotten that draw get pissed!

I don't mean not show up. My question is what if u were drawn on fri then realized you can't go all thesudden. Do they redraw this week?

Jeff_in_KC
09-04-2011, 12:11 PM
From what I understand, the spot is left vacant but I could be understanding it wrong. My guess is if after you complete the application prior to the draw, you realize you can't go, you'd better danged well have a very valid reason to avoid blacklisting.

Brew-B-Q
09-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know what time the parade typically starts on Friday? The wife and kids are trying to travel down and they don't want to miss that.

Thanks,
Pat

pigmaker23
09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Around 5 or so then up the hill to the party