PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' On the Suwannee 2011

warfrat
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
We've got a full field again this year! Gonna be a lot of fun!

2 Crackers Cooking, B&T Cook Team, Barbeque Crew, BBQ News Cooking Crew, Big Bad Wolf BBQ, Big Papa's Country Kitchen, Blitzkreig BBQ, BS Bar-B-Q, Bub-Ba-Q ,Budmeisters, Cook's Portable Smokehouse, Flint River Cooking Team, Florida Boys, Forrest's Fine Foods, GB's BBQ, Git-R-Smoked, Hambone Chicken Bar-B-Q, Hicktown BBQ, Hot Wachula's, Lightning Strike BBQ, LJ Smokin', Lowe's Slow Cooking, M&E BBQ, Oink 2 Tail, Papa Coots, Poverty Hill Smokers, Prime Time Smokers, PT's Sweet Heat, Ribcage, Second Star BBQ ,Seriously Smokin BBQ, Smokin Grill BBQ ,Smokin' Your Butt, Smoky Dog, Southern Smoke, Southern Soul BBQ, Stump Monsters, Suwannee River Smokers, Swamp Boys, The Nuthouse, The Ross Team, Two Men and A Pig, U Rub Me Raw, Unknown BBQ ,Wagon Wheel BBQ

AUBBQ
07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Lookin forward to it! We’re pullin out Thursday morning!

warfrat
07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
talked to my reps and we are gonna squeeze a couple more teams in to try and clear the waiting list... Jacks Old South, Team Waterdog and one other are gonna be with us!

WhiskeyBentBBQ
07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
That looks like quite a field Damon! Hate that we are gonna miss it!

Rub
07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Going to be a great time.

rksylves
07-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Worked on rubs and sauces last night. Will start packing the war wagon tonight. Leaving out Thursday around noon which will put me up there right about 4:00-4:30.

Extra special treat for me is that Tim (Flirtin' with Disaster) decided to co-cook this one with me. Tim has been my mentor for along time now and this comp is where Tim and I first met two years ago.

Russ

warfrat
07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
this one is in the books...

http://www.flbbq.org/liveoak.htm

T.K.
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Enjoyed it Damon and the weather that you ordered on Saturday was nice, thanks. I wasn't in the money but not a bad showing for a part-time guy. :-D

rksylves
07-28-2011, 07:06 AM
This was a wonderful event. Met some new folks and got to try some really tasty 'clear liquid' in a mason jar for the first time. Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm...

Didn't do so well in the points but we'll work on that for next year.

Russ

AUBBQ
07-28-2011, 07:42 AM
This was a great contest. Good job Damon! We met some nice folks and had a blast. I definitely hope we can make it back next year.

Rub
07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Agreed, this is an awesome contest in a beautiful venue. Great job Damon, and congrats to Big Papa on GC and BBQ Crew on RGC!