PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Rib Rock Fest at Jones Beach?

speedrcer1
07-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Has anybody heard about this one?
http://www.wbab.com/news/events/wbab-rib-rock-festival-jones-beach/nCR55/
"Bring the family for a day full of music, fun and barbecue cooked low and slow by Long Islandís best pitmasters."

scm1226
07-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Guess we weren't invited!!

SmokeInDaEye
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Heard about it but Sled and I are in New Holland, PA that weekend so I'm not sure which "best pitmasters" they are referring to. :-P

MikeR
07-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Wes had posted something about this awhile back.

Jacked UP BBQ
07-15-2011, 09:48 AM
its a concert with vendors, most wont even be from LI, false advertisement

speedrcer1
07-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Reply from the marketing company running it:
"
Hi Don,

This is a commercial vendor situation, not a competition. I’ve attached the vendor form .

In addition to great sales, you’ll benefit from tremendous promotion via Live Nation, so if we get your commitment & logo within the next few days, we can include you in all the collateral, press, Facebook promotion, etc.
Please give me a call if you have any questions. Thanks!

Patti Baxter
Spark Market Solutions, LLC"

If anyone wants the application, PM me.

Westexbbq
07-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Wes had posted something about this awhile back.

Yep, I brought it up a couple months ago when it was initially announced.
(BB King is still great, saw him first time at Texas Pop in '69, several times since; see him soon if you haven't already....)
‪BB KING The Thrill is Gone Live '01 (Awesome)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt2c9Iyq2UQ)

I contacted the events guy at BAB who referred me to the vending company authority and looked into all the requirements per the board of health and all the other chit. One day permit pricing along with booth requirements etc. etc. deemed it unfeasible in my opinion. It might be ideal if one were already up and running and had all the equipment etc. from an established vending biz, eg hot dog truck or food cart. Then there is the weather factor.......