PDA

View Full Version : If you come to Clearwater, FL

chad
07-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Last night we ate at Frenchy's Salt Water Cafe down on Clearwater Beach. I realized that a lot of folks don't know about Frenchy's.

There are now 4 restaurants on Clearwater Beach, the Original Cafe, The Salt Water Cafe, Rockaway Grill, and South Beach Cafe. Frenchy owns his own fishing boats and runs a stone crab processing plant and a seafood wholesale/retail store.

Needless to say, the seafood is fresh in the restaurants.

So, if you are coming to the Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tarpon Springs area you need to eat at one of these joints. Rockaway Grill is on the beach and packs out in the evenings for "sunset". We passed it by last night and went to the Salt Water Cafe. Great food in an old style Florida beach joint.

bigabyte
07-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I went there just a month ago when we were visiting down in Clearwater. We stopped in for a late lunch after spending the morning and early afternoon at the beach. We had a terrible server, but otherwise the place and the food was fantastic!:thumb: Sometimes you get a bad server having a bad day, that was us this particular day.

chad
07-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I went there just a month ago when we were visiting down in Clearwater. We stopped in for a late lunch after spending the morning and early afternoon at the beach. We had a terrible server, but otherwise the place and the food was fantastic!:thumb: Sometimes you get a bad server having a bad day, that was us this particular day.

Yeah, people are people.

Working at a beach place is still the at four-letter word: W*O*R*K!

Glad the food was good.

Willie's Smokehouse
07-30-2011, 01:38 PM
I have to agree, i have been there several times and the food is always great!