PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Bent BBQ

Smokin Patriots
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Whiskey Bent BBQ. My team was set to debut this weekend at the Ohio Veterans BBQ Cookoff and due to Military obligations all members of my team but me were unable to be there. Chad and Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ took me in and made me feel like a part of their team for the weekend. They took the time to teach me some of the insides and outs and the do's and dont's etc....None of which they had to do. They are a great group of guys and showed me what being a member of this forum is all about. On top of that I got to see them turn in a top ten finish finishing 8th overall. I just wanted to say congrats to them on their finish, and thank you for taking a rookie team under your wing and showing me the ropes. I look forward to seeing you guys at many future competitions. Thanks again.
-Mac

lcbateman3
07-09-2011, 09:24 PM
And that's the true spirit of the Brethren! Great group of people...and I haven't met many!

Bentley
07-09-2011, 10:46 PM
They were a pleasure to meet in Las Vegas!

BasicPatrick
07-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Well Said and Well Done....Nice to see the Bretheren Spirit!!!!!

Kosmo's Q
07-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Them fella's are true bbq friends, and really stand up men. Chad and Matt are what we all aspire to be!

watg?
07-10-2011, 07:59 AM
They are a couple of real cool kats. :)

Rich Parker
07-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I haven't met them, but i do appreciate most of their posts and their efforts in running the Sam's fantasy BBQ league. :thumb:

sfisch
07-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I've had the pleasure to meet both Matt and Chad at a couple different events and they are two classy guys, (don't tell anyone though, it may ruin the reputation they are trying to create!)

Scott

bam
07-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Met Chad at pork in the park in April. :thumb:

BBQ Bandit
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Worked with them in Salisbury... great Representative of the Brethren Spirit.

goodbuddiesbbq
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
You're welcome to cook with us any time you'd like. I know that with your buddies departing that threw a wrench in your plan, but maybe a new motto to live by is:

Take a kid fishing and take some military vets cooking. I'm sorry that our product was so flat and you didn't get to take a picture with the Bengals cheerleaders. Hard to work with 12 pound briskets and hit tables with KCBS #1 Brisket team.

Chix, Swine & Bovine whooped us up all day long-congrats Mike!

Chad didn't hold back...you got the complete weekend.

Thanks for the kind words.

Rub
07-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Two awesome guys I'm proud to call friends. :grin:

Smokin Patriots
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
You're welcome to cook with us any time you'd like. I know that with your buddies departing that threw a wrench in your plan, but maybe a new motto to live by is:

Take a kid fishing and take some military vets cooking. I'm sorry that our product was so flat and you didn't get to take a picture with the Bengals cheerleaders. Hard to work with 12 pound briskets and hit tables with KCBS #1 Brisket team.

Chix, Swine & Bovine whooped us up all day long-congrats Mike!

Chad didn't hold back...you got the complete weekend.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks man, it was a great time and I learned a lot. I like the new motto too lol..
I am aiming for the Jasper, IN contest on August 5th-6th. Hope to see you guys in Nelsonville if not sooner. Thanks again.

Rolling Smoke
07-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Whiskey Bent BBQ. My team was set to debut this weekend at the Ohio Veterans BBQ Cookoff and due to Military obligations all members of my team but me were unable to be there. Chad and Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ took me in and made me feel like a part of their team for the weekend. They took the time to teach me some of the insides and outs and the do's and dont's etc....None of which they had to do. They are a great group of guys and showed me what being a member of this forum is all about. On top of that I got to see them turn in a top ten finish finishing 8th overall. I just wanted to say congrats to them on their finish, and thank you for taking a rookie team under your wing and showing me the ropes. I look forward to seeing you guys at many future competitions. Thanks again.
-Mac

And you didn't even bother to introduce yourself :tsk:

Smokin Patriots
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
And you didn't even bother to introduce yourself :tsk:

I sure did Jim, You even directed me where to park after that.

WhiskeyBentBBQ
07-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words Mac! We had a blast. If there is anything else we can do to help you on your BBQ journey, please let us know. We will see you in Nelsonville!!

Rolling Smoke
07-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I sure did Jim, You even directed me where to park after that.

I directed you where to park? Sorry Mac. Oh well, it was a long weekend. Hope you had a good time.

goodbuddiesbbq
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
"It makes that grass grow"

T.K.
07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Hey Chad & Matt, I need some help next weekend in Live Oak and both of you are welcome to help. :becky:

WhiskeyBentBBQ
07-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Chad & Matt, I need some help next weekend in Live Oak and both of you are welcome to help. :becky:

T.K. - you know we would love to help but we have a conflict that weekend or we would be going up there ourselves. Good to see that your schedule freed up to get a contest or two in, best of luck up there buddy!

smokincracker
07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Two awesome guys I'm proud to call friends. :grin:

These guys are real smokin cool...

T.K.
07-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Just messing with both of you. :thumb:

Hopefully I can get a few more in this year. If some prize money comes my way, I will be able to do more. :clap2:

Good luck next weekend as well.

C-Town Smoker
07-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Chadders is top notch--threw some beers with him when he was in Cleveland last year! Matt Van however...UH OH! :-)